Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:11 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Some of you....

Topic closed. 77 replies. Last post 10 years ago by RJOh.

Page 4 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
cps10's avatar - Lottery-004.jpg
The Carolinas - Charlotte
United States
Member #21627
September 12, 2005
4138 Posts
Posted: September 14, 2006, 9:17 pm - IP Logged

What is disgusting about it?  If it is true, than it is true...

Well....I don't really like the idea of "pre-determined" numbers. For all we know, they do a dozen or so tapings and select which fits their profit needs more.

The North Carolina Education Lottery - so much a joke that here are their mascots:

Stooges

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
    Member #5344
    June 30, 2004
    23641 Posts
    Posted: September 14, 2006, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

Well....I don't really like the idea of "pre-determined" numbers. For all we know, they do a dozen or so tapings and select which fits their profit needs more.

So true.

When working at store, I dont play numbers that are repeatingly played by customers.  I may play around their numbers. I have better chance then..

Another thing I do is my workout system prior to going to store.. Then play two of the most common played numbers that is either one up or one down from my own.. I use the quick picks too that people are getting. For instance if I give lots of  257 numbers as qps  I then play the 25  27  57 pair that shows up in my workouts..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

United States
      Member #21627
      September 12, 2005
      4138 Posts
      Posted: September 14, 2006, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

I like that strategy...good way to "trick" the authorities :)

The North Carolina Education Lottery - so much a joke that here are their mascots:

Stooges

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
        Member #4877
        May 30, 2004
        5124 Posts
        Posted: September 14, 2006, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

DON'T.................KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DON'T...........ASK.....me?

(it must bee........................pumpie76....me THINK)

IF anyone noses................

"don't Tale" !!!

lol

psykomo 

WHY not ask your local.........RETAILER "WHO" TO.........

Ask....Contact.....clue you "INN"

when you have a QUESTION about your LOCAL State ..............

whatch yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu call-it.....pick-1-2-3-4-5.....OR....

the ........JACKPOT??

worth a try......let/kno

LOL

PSYKOMO 

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
          FEMA Region V Camp #21
          United States
          Member #520
          July 27, 2002
          5699 Posts
          Posted: September 14, 2006, 11:27 pm - IP Logged

Caught us, pumpi....I work for the lottery and there are thousands of other recruits here too.  Watch what you say and do and be sure to look over your shoulder and don't play anything posted here.  We program the computers and fix the machines so no pick that is posted on this site is allowed to be drawn.

We work hard at posting false information to mislead all lottery players.  We don't like our jobs.  We want all lottery players to be unhappy so the lottery will end and we can go look for new jobs.

Good CSI work.  What?

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
            Wandering Aimlessly
            United States
            Member #25360
            November 5, 2005
            4461 Posts
            Posted: September 15, 2006, 2:22 am - IP Logged

Let me put it this way - I suppose there are some people who really love their jobs. But to tell you the truth, even if I did work for the lottery, the last thing I'd want to do is come home and get on a lottery board! 

United States
              Member #21627
              September 12, 2005
              4138 Posts
              Posted: September 15, 2006, 11:34 am - IP Logged

Let me put it this way - I suppose there are some people who really love their jobs. But to tell you the truth, even if I did work for the lottery, the last thing I'd want to do is come home and get on a lottery board! 

Or better yet, post system on ways to beat the lottery...

Stooges

Honduras
                Member #20982
                August 29, 2005
                4715 Posts
                Posted: September 15, 2006, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

Yeah lottery officials are to blame but more to blame is whoever set the odds to be 146 million and something for powerball...I don't know if that was a lottery official job..But blame the lottery officials too because they were the ones to agree with all of it...

My statistics professor once told me that they have on the internet the numbers most commonly played for pick3 and pick4...

"...Great ,you won the lottery but is only you right..."

Rubi 311's avatar - scene sunoverlake.jpg
                  Illinois
                  United States
                  Member #40207
                  May 29, 2006
                  2024 Posts
                  Posted: September 15, 2006, 12:53 pm - IP Logged

Good point!  No hits + unhappy lottery players = NO LOTTERY/LOSS OF JOBS!

Rubi 311's avatar - scene sunoverlake.jpg
                    Illinois
                    United States
                    Member #40207
                    May 29, 2006
                    2024 Posts
                    Posted: September 15, 2006, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

Caught us, pumpi....I work for the lottery and there are thousands of other recruits here too.  Watch what you say and do and be sure to look over your shoulder and don't play anything posted here.  We program the computers and fix the machines so no pick that is posted on this site is allowed to be drawn.

We work hard at posting false information to mislead all lottery players.  We don't like our jobs.  We want all lottery players to be unhappy so the lottery will end and we can go look for new jobs.

Good CSI work.  What?

Good Point!  No hits + Unhappy lottery players =NO LOTTERY/LOSS OF JOBS!

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                      Member #14
                      November 9, 2001
                      31364 Posts
                      Posted: September 15, 2006, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

Good CSI work.  What?

i work for the lottery and the IRS.

love to nibble those micey feet.

Honduras
                        Member #20982
                        August 29, 2005
                        4715 Posts
                        Posted: September 15, 2006, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

How about:

Players cracking the lotto at LP = loss of revenue for the state = loss of job... ON the other hand

Stats or Spying on LP Members for game crackers = ensuring the continuation of the game + money for the state = keeping jobs....

"...If you think about it, the stock market and taxes are a form of lottery..."

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                          FEMA Region V Camp #21
                          United States
                          Member #520
                          July 27, 2002
                          5699 Posts
                          Posted: September 15, 2006, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

i work for the lottery and the IRS.

LOL...Emily, I forgot this site is monitored by the IRS too.  No more bragging about winners, gang!

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                            Chief Bottle Washer
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #1
                            May 31, 2000
                            23277 Posts
                            Posted: September 15, 2006, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

This is a kind of interesting thread, and is one of those things where you either believe it or you don't, and there isn't much that the other side can say to sway your opinion.

So I'll just post my opinions, along with a comment.

First of all, there are many state lottery employees who browse the Lottery Post forums, which is good news for any players.  It means that those employess are listening to you.  They are here because they want to hear what you are saying.

Lottery Post is the largest lottery forum on the Internet, so what other site would they go to in order to listen to players?

Some of the comments made here insinuate that state lottery employees somehow manipulate the drawing results because people post predictions of what they're going to play, in order to limit the amount of the payout to players.

If you think about life as a state lottery employee, that really doesn't make much sense.  Whether you are saying that they do something small or something large to manipulate the results, a manipulation of the results is fraud, and that entails criminal penalties.  Does anyone really think that some state lottery employee would care so much abot you winning 500 bucks that they would risk being thrown in jail?

Do you realize that the number of people posting here is miniscule next to the overall number of people who play every day?  There are somewhere between 100 and 125 people posting predictions every day, and the overall number of players is at least in the tens or hundreds of thousands, maybe in the millions sometimes.  Do you really think that stopping you from winning 500 bucks is going to make a difference, knowing that they are only dealing with a small fraction of the player base?

On the other hand, you should be considering why they are here:  to listen to what you're saying. The fact that lottery personnel are listening means that the next time they make a change to a game, or add a game, or whatever, they will hopefully take our collective opinions into account.  So it's a good thing.

Lastly, here's the comment I promised.

This thread reminds me of an accusation thrown at me by Dawn Nettles, the Texas Lottery antagonist who was in the news a year ago.

Ms. Nettles is someone who appears to have started with a healthy skepticism of the lottery, but eventually began to see a conspiracy in everything they did.  At some point, she turned from a lottery watchdog into someone who leveled accusations any place she liked, regardless of proof or merit.

In my case, she first wrote me a note scolding me for not posting my name, address, and phone number on my web site.  I thought this was a little strange, but I explained to her that it is unwise for someone to post their personal information on their web site.

What was her response?  That I was a lottery employee, or an ex-lottery employee, and I was in cahoots with the state lotteries to spread propoganda about the lotteries.

Needless to say, my next e-mail to Ms. Nettles was to be my last, as I do not make it a habit to correspond with kooks.

The ironic thing is that I have offered to help state lotteries in the past as a consultant, but so far none have taken me up on the offer.  Go figure!

I am not exactly sure of what "Pumpi" had in mind when he started this thread, or who exactly he thought the "lottery employee" was, but I can guess.  I always advise people to think logically about these things, and not to assume to worst in everything.

If people won the lottery as often as they could flip "heads" or "tails", then it would make sense to think there was something wrong if you didn't win a lot.  But the truth is that you'll get a straight hit as many times as you can flip that coin "heads" 10 times in a row, so unless you think you can do that very often, don't jump to conspiracy theories.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                            What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                            Help eliminate computerized drawings!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19831 Posts
                              Posted: September 15, 2006, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

Cracking the lottery isn't hard, it just not affordable or practical.  Payout amounts are designed such that lotteries will alway payout less than they takes in.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking