Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 9:37 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Protect Your System

Topic closed. 69 replies. Last post 10 years ago by pumpi76.

Page 1 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
lotterybraker's avatar - pyramid
mississippi
United States
Member #34478
March 3, 2006
5906 Posts
Posted: January 31, 2007, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

what are the legal steps to protect a system you have..does anyone here on LP have anything that is legally protected by Law?..Lets just say I need some legal protection for something I found and we will leave it at that..

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

Mount Morris
    United States
    Member #46750
    September 27, 2006
    139 Posts
    Posted: January 31, 2007, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

What I done was wrote it down on paper and put it in the Us mail and then mailed it to my self and left it in envolope with the post mark date on it I never opened it .

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
      Member #5344
      June 30, 2004
      23641 Posts
      Posted: January 31, 2007, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

What I done was wrote it down on paper and put it in the Us mail and then mailed it to my self and left it in envolope with the post mark date on it I never opened it .

I have heard this works...

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

United States
        Member #5344
        June 30, 2004
        23641 Posts
        Posted: January 31, 2007, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

what are the legal steps to protect a system you have..does anyone here on LP have anything that is legally protected by Law?..Lets just say I need some legal protection for something I found and we will leave it at that..

Probably best to keep what you found to yourself.  Why would you share it if you think you would need some legal protection. 

I have stumbled upon somethings that need to be kept within/between the ears.. I just plan on using it for my advantage..

mississippi
          United States
          Member #34478
          March 3, 2006
          5906 Posts
          Posted: January 31, 2007, 7:19 pm - IP Logged

TNtea..very good point..but I also Live in a state that doesnt have a lottery..and as soon as the internet thing is over with..and looks to be very close...I will be back on the sideline again and not able to play..I think I will hammer out my system..the code I use and a good time frame of what I have discovered over the years leading up to the "GRAIL" and mail it to myself...

What is the Grail...lets just say I figured out  a way to cycle any pic 3 in any state for a STRAIGHT CYCLE ONLY....

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
            Member #14
            November 9, 2001
            31546 Posts
            Posted: January 31, 2007, 7:33 pm - IP Logged

Easy, cheap way.  good

love to nibble those micey feet.

stavros's avatar - avatar 6898.gif
              Florida
              United States
              Member #6147
              August 8, 2004
              1396 Posts
              Posted: January 31, 2007, 7:41 pm - IP Logged

It just seems a shame that people are feeling so victimized that the amount of sharing done here on LP is going to decrease.  I have been testing systems for various people and giving feedback to help them develop their systems.  If I had a system of my own I would ask people to help me do the same thing.  Maybe we can have a section of LP set aside that would be password protected and only available to people who have "proven" themselves in some way where systems could be tested out, shared and kept out of the hands of people who are known thieves?  Am I being to optimistic here?

Good Luck!

Stavros

mississippi
                United States
                Member #34478
                March 3, 2006
                5906 Posts
                Posted: January 31, 2007, 7:59 pm - IP Logged

I am not sure what the solution will be Stavros..I really have no idea on that..but what I do know is this..My system is based in Sets..I have mentioned that numerous times since I joined LP last March..and I may be the only one on LP that uses the set method..so I can honestly say I have never taken one iota of information off of any LP member to add to my system..I started my system shortly after florida started its lottery and I hit 5 out of 6 on Floridas lottery..the numbers just led me in a different direction than most..so from Floridas starting date til now gives me that many years using the set method and I have perfected it........like I always said.."If they offered a PHD in this stuff, I would have a Double Doctorate"..lol

garland/texas
                  United States
                  Member #21489
                  September 10, 2005
                  104 Posts
                  Posted: January 31, 2007, 9:11 pm - IP Logged

Lotterybraker why not sell you system I would buy it?

United States
                    Member #5344
                    June 30, 2004
                    23641 Posts
                    Posted: February 1, 2007, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

Sounds very interesting..

That is something I have discovered.. (No name given) just something that pops up as the numbers are going through the cycle..

The pick 4 boxes have proven to be the easiest with all states, than the straight cycle for me.. as in coming quicker.

I quit the online.. Finally was able to manipulate the winnings of the last few years.. Now I am playing TN, GA, KY, TX, and sometimes FL..

I have travelers for the GA, KY states.. Relatives in TX and a friend in FL..  Working together we share the profits of the hits..

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19903 Posts
                      Posted: February 1, 2007, 12:49 pm - IP Logged

Your best protection is to not share your system until after you've made all the money you want, that's what I'm doing.  Right now I'm showing a negative in the profit column so it may be a while, however if it does not show a positive profit in a year I may be generous and share it anyway.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Sunny California
                        United States
                        Member #40295
                        May 31, 2006
                        7713 Posts
                        Posted: February 1, 2007, 6:04 pm - IP Logged

Mailing it to yourself is, of course, the easiest cheapest way but even better is a paid copyright. Here's a website to read up on it---  www.copyright.gov/  It might only cost about $45 which isn't bad to protect your work.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                          Member #4877
                          May 30, 2004
                          5145 Posts
                          Posted: February 1, 2007, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

hillbilly953!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU are 100%%%%%%%%%.......Correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but...........................................this is the first........step!!!!!!!!!!!!!

& as PSYKOMO..........................alway$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

saye's.............BUT & always a BUT!!!!!!!

yes..................hillbilly953 their is always a BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

YOU must HIRE a GOOD law firm &...........

yes$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

it does cost MONEY to SUE..........everyone who U-YOU.......THINK

has VIOLIATED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>YOUR_____SPACE!!!!!!!!!

THANKS for splaingggggg first step too US......"LITTLE PEOPLE!

See Ya!BoxingCryingRoll EyesMadRoll EyesHyper........it ant-easy........GETTING to be RICH

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19903 Posts
                            Posted: February 1, 2007, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

Most lottery systems are nothing more than analyzing a data file and summarizing the results in different ways.  Can such things as adding a columns of numbers and dividing their amounts to get the averages or medians be copyrighted? 

Predicting combinations of numbers has usually been picking numbers randomly to form combinations that have never come up or equal to some popular sums or using some wheel designs that are already in a public forum somewhere. 

You might be able to copyright an article about how your system works but how does that prevent someone from writing a piece of software that incorporate some of those ideas?  And if it doesn't win any money would you really care or would you just be upset that someone was making money off an idea that was similar to one that you had that didn't win any money either?

If someone has a system that really wins money, I doubt if they are going to be more concern about copyrighting it than winning some money using it.  Most lottery winners are people who bought a lottery ticket and got lucky, that can't be copyrighted.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

mississippi
                              United States
                              Member #34478
                              March 3, 2006
                              5906 Posts
                              Posted: February 1, 2007, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

Mailing it to yourself is, of course, the easiest cheapest way but even better is a paid copyright. Here's a website to read up on it---  www.copyright.gov/  It might only cost about $45 which isn't bad to protect your work.

Thank you Lottolaughs for the link I will look around some more but this little piece I found doesnt sound to good..lol

What Is Not Protected by Copyright?

Several categories of material are generally not eligible for federal copyright protection. These include among others:

• Works that have not been fixed in a tangible form of expression (for example, choreographic works that have not been notated or recorded, or improvisational speeches or performances that have not been written or recorded)

• Titles, names, short phrases, and slogans; familiar symbols or designs; mere variations of typographic ornamentation, lettering, or coloring; mere listings of ingredients or contents

• Ideas, procedures, methods, systems, processes, concepts, principles, discoveries, or devices, as distinguished from a description, explanation, or illustration

• Works consisting entirely of information that is common property and containing no original authorship (for example: standard calendars, height and weight charts, tape measures and rulers, and lists or tables taken from public documents or other common sources)