Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 2:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Secret

Topic closed. 99 replies. Last post 10 years ago by chezel30.

Page 1 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
tnlotto1's avatar - logo
nashville
United States
Member #49896
February 18, 2007
1181 Posts
Posted: April 23, 2007, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

I watched the new Miss Usa Rachel Renee Smith say on the Oprah Winfrey show that she prayed and she also read The Secret before she won her crown. Does anyone here use that book or dvd to help them think positive to try to win the lottery? ive really been interested in all of her interviews because she went to the same high school as i did so i know she talks about her faith in God so for her to also mention the Secret i wondered if anyone on LP was using that to try to win a jackpot.

Grumple Dumple's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg

United States
    Member #48618
    January 3, 2007
    87 Posts
    Posted: April 23, 2007, 1:25 pm - IP Logged

I watched the new Miss Usa Rachel Renee Smith say on the Oprah Winfrey show that she prayed and she also read The Secret before she won her crown. Does anyone here use that book or dvd to help them think positive to try to win the lottery? ive really been interested in all of her interviews because she went to the same high school as i did so i know she talks about her faith in God so for her to also mention the Secret i wondered if anyone on LP was using that to try to win a jackpot.

Hello tnlotto1.

I think that's a pretty good question given the undeniable popularity of "The Secret" and how it speaks directly to the "heart's desires" of the human being -- and obviously one of the most perennially popular of the heart's desires is the wish to win the lottery (or at least to be wealthy by some means or another).

As for myself I have not used the principles of "The Secret" with respect to winning a jackpot -- but perhaps there are others here on LP who are trying it that way.

Regards.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10388 Posts
      Posted: April 23, 2007, 1:43 pm - IP Logged

There's at least one thread in Mystical about The Secret.

The whole concept is really nothing new.  

When it comes to hitting a jackpot, even for those using the secret (or attempting to), it's still luck.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Honduras
        Member #20982
        August 29, 2005
        4715 Posts
        Posted: May 13, 2007, 12:15 am - IP Logged

Pardon me for my beliefs and pardon me for my other belief that i am going to mention here...

First belief...I believe the Secret is a big scam....

However i do believe you can win the lottery (because is a random event) but i believe is deep rooted in how the human psyche is...I deeply believe in what i am about to say...Is not an honest system but i am just mention it to point out what i am trying to say...I'll have to give you example of what i am talking about...

I believe that if you were to hide yourself and go and rob someone's house (let's assume his name is bob) and you got to his house "with the intention of robbing him" and lets assume you robbed him, and NO ONE SAW YOU, there were no one inside the house (But it only works if no one know you rob his house)....Now if you were to appear to that person you robbed (bob) and you were to start talking to him and you were to start thinking about it, all you would need is to listen to EACH WORD he says and EACH WORD people around him say (he or they must not know you robbed him)...If they mention numbers, those numbers are going to be the winning numbers, if they say or he says words those are perhaps future things to happen...

Another example, if you were to start corresponding through the mail or chatroom and you were to use a different identity or be someone totally different than what you say you are, and you was to fool the other person and never tell him, and you was to appear to that person without that person knowing and you were to listen carefully to each words the person says without him knowing who you are, i believe the words he tells you may tell you the future or give you the future winning numbers... 

But those are not nice ways to do things they are mean ways to do things, but only in cases like that i believe would you be able to field the future or know the winning numbers..I believe more in this than i believe in witchcraft...ONly in this way do i believe you will be able to feel the future or see which numbers are going to come up in the future but thinking about it...I call this "mind bond" same bond as in molecular bonds...

I believe the mind can be read but not by just thinking about it, you must be involved in several of the "bond" steps before you can read a person's mind...

Also something very, very weird has been happening to me since they diagnosed me with "schizophrenia"....The weirdest things happen to me and the odds of it happening are so IMMENSE and yet they happen to me...And i ask myself what are the odds that such and such will happen to me...Is almost all the time...And yet the i can figure out or see the winning numbers for Powerball... 

"The Truth is OUt There"                                          from movie "The X-Files"

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
          Member #14
          November 9, 2001
          31525 Posts
          Posted: May 13, 2007, 12:26 am - IP Logged

I like The Secret.  have not used it for lottery - just for everyday living.  Look at Delore's blog.  Seems to have brought her understanding and comfort.

love to nibble those micey feet.

Honduras
            Member #20982
            August 29, 2005
            4715 Posts
            Posted: May 13, 2007, 2:46 am - IP Logged

Pardon me for my beliefs and pardon me for my other belief that i am going to mention here...

First belief...I believe the Secret is a big scam....

However i do believe you can win the lottery (because is a random event) but i believe is deep rooted in how the human psyche is...I deeply believe in what i am about to say...Is not an honest system but i am just mention it to point out what i am trying to say...I'll have to give you example of what i am talking about...

I believe that if you were to hide yourself and go and rob someone's house (let's assume his name is bob) and you got to his house "with the intention of robbing him" and lets assume you robbed him, and NO ONE SAW YOU, there were no one inside the house (But it only works if no one know you rob his house)....Now if you were to appear to that person you robbed (bob) and you were to start talking to him and you were to start thinking about it, all you would need is to listen to EACH WORD he says and EACH WORD people around him say (he or they must not know you robbed him)...If they mention numbers, those numbers are going to be the winning numbers, if they say or he says words those are perhaps future things to happen...

Another example, if you were to start corresponding through the mail or chatroom and you were to use a different identity or be someone totally different than what you say you are, and you was to fool the other person and never tell him, and you was to appear to that person without that person knowing and you were to listen carefully to each words the person says without him knowing who you are, i believe the words he tells you may tell you the future or give you the future winning numbers... 

But those are not nice ways to do things they are mean ways to do things, but only in cases like that i believe would you be able to field the future or know the winning numbers..I believe more in this than i believe in witchcraft...ONly in this way do i believe you will be able to feel the future or see which numbers are going to come up in the future but thinking about it...I call this "mind bond" same bond as in molecular bonds...

I believe the mind can be read but not by just thinking about it, you must be involved in several of the "bond" steps before you can read a person's mind...

Also something very, very weird has been happening to me since they diagnosed me with "schizophrenia"....The weirdest things happen to me and the odds of it happening are so IMMENSE and yet they happen to me...And i ask myself what are the odds that such and such will happen to me...Is almost all the time...And yet the i can figure out or see the winning numbers for Powerball... 

"The Truth is OUt There"                                          from movie "The X-Files"

I believe in this so deeply more than facelifts, and putting fruit extracts on your body and spas, (i mean is ok the massage), but getting those stuff everyday like manicure every week, is just wasting too much energy...

"The Truth is Out There"                              from movie "The X-Files"

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10388 Posts
              Posted: May 13, 2007, 2:49 am - IP Logged

In his book Cosmic Ordering, author Jonathan Cainer explains why you can't use something like the Secret to hit the lottery.

Basically, when you call on the cosmos for something like that, you're really calling on your guardian angel- and millions of other people are calling on theirs, all with the same request. So all those guardian angels, not to be working against each other, simply stay out of it.  

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                Member #51688
                April 19, 2007
                200 Posts
                Posted: May 13, 2007, 3:42 am - IP Logged

tell  us  the  secret

United States
                  Member #51688
                  April 19, 2007
                  200 Posts
                  Posted: May 13, 2007, 3:44 am - IP Logged

tell  us  the  secret

never  used  any  book  except  ;

THE  LUCK FACTOR - BY  DR. RICHARD WISEMAN

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                    Wandering Aimlessly
                    United States
                    Member #25360
                    November 5, 2005
                    4461 Posts
                    Posted: May 13, 2007, 4:07 am - IP Logged

In his book Cosmic Ordering, author Jonathan Cainer explains why you can't use something like the Secret to hit the lottery.

Basically, when you call on the cosmos for something like that, you're really calling on your guardian angel- and millions of other people are calling on theirs, all with the same request. So all those guardian angels, not to be working against each other, simply stay out of it.  

I wonder if that's an "excuse" not just an explanation to justify why it doesn't work.  Although it certainly makes a lot of sense.  Once I developed a relationship with a very kind, gentle spiritual teacher (long story) I contacted for healing.  I had read an article in a newspaper about a serious accident he had and how he refused to have surgery or take medication, and he healed himself with prayer.  I sought him out and eventually was able to talk to him and we spoke for about an hour on the telephone every month.  I never actually met him. 

So one day I asked "if you can heal broken bones and cancer, why do you wear eyeglasses? (from the photo in the paper)  He really didn't have an answer for me and said he wasn't perfect and was working on raising his level of thought.  I definitely believe that the mind and body are connected and that depression can create all sorts of physical ailments.  However, even happy people get sick and die, so I'm not sure everything that goes wrong in life can be turned around by one's thoughts. 

All the current buzz about The Secret reminds me of when Course of Miracles was "popular" and we had study groups in Boston when I attended Unity Church. I also used to go every week to a discussion in NH.  I remember a woman who was very excited one evening because she felt she had received a message to take off and explore the world, pursue her dreams. She was ready to pack up and leave her family. We weren't supposed to criticize or pass judgment, but I had to say something (since nobody else would) and told her that abandoning 2 small children was totally irresponsible and I felt she should look for another way to "find herself."  My point is that many people use these books of wisdom to fit their own agenda.

delores247's avatar - Lottery-048.jpg

United States
                      Member #19043
                      July 24, 2005
                      7378 Posts
                      Posted: May 13, 2007, 4:51 am - IP Logged

Hi everyone just wanted to say i love the Secret,i have the Talking version given to me as a gift,I copied  it to my hard drive and play it sometimes all day,i also play it when i go to bed,It's like a friend calming me down when i feel sad or depressed,it is a companion when i am alone,it gives me hope when i feel hopeless,This book makes me Happy and that is how i see it,Thanks for reading my reply,To all Moms have a Very Blessed Mom's DayBlue Angel{513}Goodluck Everyone

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
                        nashville
                        United States
                        Member #49896
                        February 18, 2007
                        1181 Posts
                        Posted: May 13, 2007, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

Hi everyone just wanted to say i love the Secret,i have the Talking version given to me as a gift,I copied  it to my hard drive and play it sometimes all day,i also play it when i go to bed,It's like a friend calming me down when i feel sad or depressed,it is a companion when i am alone,it gives me hope when i feel hopeless,This book makes me Happy and that is how i see it,Thanks for reading my reply,To all Moms have a Very Blessed Mom's DayBlue Angel{513}Goodluck Everyone

i am very happy for you delores and im glad you found something to make you happy everyday.happy mothers day...

angelm's avatar - anne
                          richmond ky.
                          United States
                          Member #15877
                          May 22, 2005
                          8472 Posts
                          Posted: May 13, 2007, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

Will have to check this out!

United States
                            Member #17555
                            June 22, 2005
                            5582 Posts
                            Posted: May 13, 2007, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

Will have to check this out!

It's true. Thoughts become fruition.

Before any action takes place, a thought must come first.

If bad thoughts prevail, then we..... as a people must learn how to monitor thoughts on a regular basis.

Here's a prime example:

As a limo driver, I take all kinds to and from the airport. It's no surprise that a fundamental understanding of how to deal with these folks comes naturally after time.....LOL

It's very simple. If you kiss their butt through the whole trip, you'll get a nice tip. If you prefer not kiss butt, you won't get any gravy...get it?....LOL

The gravy pays for the gas.

"If you want to become rich, you'll have to find how to make other people rich at the same time", (paraphrasing).

Deepak Chopra

********************************************************

The moral of this story is that the law of reciprocity works. It doesen't matter what faith you have. What goes around comes around. Karma....Vibes.....Gut feeling......ETC....

Myrtle Beach, SC
                              United States
                              Member #18457
                              July 12, 2005
                              3433 Posts
                              Posted: May 13, 2007, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

Very well said pacattack05!

I Agree!

"The moral of this story is that the law of reciprocity works. It doesen't matter what faith you have. What goes around comes around. Karma....Vibes.....Gut feeling......ETC...."

pcnut

"Wisdom is knowing what to do next, skill is knowing how to do it, and virtue is doing it."

David Starr Jordan

S.C.'s weekly-indicative random pairs: 05, 12, 13, 16, 18, 23, 34

Enjoy

pcnut