Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 12:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do You Tip Your Lottery Clerk?

Topic closed. 85 replies. Last post 9 years ago by player345.

Page 5 of 6
PrintE-mailLink

Do you tip the lottery clerk after you get a nice win

Always [ 16 ]  [20.51%]
Sometimes [ 12 ]  [15.38%]
Never [ 25 ]  [32.05%]
You've got to be kidding!! [ 25 ]  [32.05%]
Total Valid Votes [ 78 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  

United States
Member #17555
June 22, 2005
5582 Posts
Posted: July 21, 2007, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

I think there is some truth you say about pushing buttons. He kinda reminds me of my late uncle.

As far back when I was only about 4 or 5 years old, in Iran, my uncle would test my knowledge, but in a good way. He started this never ending scenario about the elephant and ant story. It was a joke of sorts which he brought up from time to time. Actually the way he recited that same old story over and over was quite amusing, yet even as a very young child, I clearly remember how it got to me after a while, as If he was now patronizing me.

Anyway....The story is about an elephant who gets hurt in the wild, and asks the help of an ant. That's where the fun begins because everyone, even at that age knew that there was pretty much no way for an ant to help an elephant. Slim to none....lol

And then he'd start to laugh on from that point, knowing how silly it was to keep going with a story of an ant carrying the elephant to get help. I forget the details, but I lucidly remember his face laughing as he told that story.

I think he meant well, but I felt uneasy after about the 79th time, hearing that story and laughter. And not being savvy enough to tell him that he should stop this tired attempt, and to get some new material, left me frustrated.

This clerk definitely fits the bill.....LOL

I forgot to add, that this clerk had a similar trait whenever I ask him for plastic bag. He kinda messes with me and says no. But that got so old, and he still uses that bit.

I would still give him a tip despite everything i said, just for the mere fact that he lost his voice, and that I really shouldn't complain so much about every little detail of every little thing that happens. Maybe he's just that way because he did lose his voice, and some bitterness ensued, but a very fine line bitterness between showing someone an extreme end of the spectrum of emotions, and being right on the border line, leaving people to be mystified to what just happened here, so to speak...lol

United States
    Member #17555
    June 22, 2005
    5582 Posts
    Posted: July 21, 2007, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

I feel like I'm In a lottery therapy session....lol

Maybe Todd should create a lottery therapy forum.....lol

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
      Harbinger
      D.C./MD.
      United States
      Member #44103
      July 30, 2006
      5587 Posts
      Posted: July 21, 2007, 7:18 pm - IP Logged

The ones closest to you,  know you the best,  and know exactly where all the buttons are.

On the other hand, there are people out there in the world whose personas are primarily confrontational.  They carry a set of action lines they know will get a rise out of anybody just for the sake of starting a dialog, discussion or argument.  It is up to you to recognize and think carefully before you disclose your affinity or aversion to whatever someone may hurl at you. 

I count to five,  then respond accordingly.

IHIWPT

jarasan

United States
        Member #17555
        June 22, 2005
        5582 Posts
        Posted: July 21, 2007, 7:53 pm - IP Logged

Jarasan,

I think you are filled with wisdom.

Thanx for alternatives in thoughts. I'm always open. 24/7...lol

I know you're a big fan in the realm of religion. I don't subscribe to organized religion. Nevertheless, I respect everyone's belief system. Not really, but that's for another day in my blog...lol

TODD.........WE NEED A DEBATE FORUM.............lol

Thanx....LOL

Please....Call it Psych 101......Theology 102..lol........

United States
          Member #17555
          June 22, 2005
          5582 Posts
          Posted: July 21, 2007, 7:54 pm - IP Logged

Jarasan,

I think you are filled with wisdom.

Thanx for alternatives in thoughts. I'm always open. 24/7...lol

I know you're a big fan in the realm of religion. I don't subscribe to organized religion. Nevertheless, I respect everyone's belief system. Not really, but that's for another day in my blog...lol

TODD.........WE NEED A DEBATE FORUM.............lol

Thanx....LOL

Please....Call it Psych 101......Theology 102..lol........

Maybe PSYCHOMO can be the moderator?

Why not?

Harbinger
            D.C./MD.
            United States
            Member #44103
            July 30, 2006
            5587 Posts
            Posted: July 21, 2007, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

Back on topic, I tip all who provide me with service, I like to.  I used to be on the receiving end and when someone tipped me I got happy, and if tipped very well, I got very happy.  I enjoy making people happy. I know money can't buy happiness.... yadah, yadah, yadah.

lol jarasan

Sun Smiley

United States
              Member #17555
              June 22, 2005
              5582 Posts
              Posted: July 21, 2007, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

Back on topic, I tip all who provide me with service, I like to.  I used to be on the receiving end and when someone tipped me I got happy, and if tipped very well, I got very happy.  I enjoy making people happy. I know money can't buy happiness.... yadah, yadah, yadah.

lol jarasan

Sun Smiley

Unfortunately, money does buy you happiness.  It just doesen't come easy, that's all.

I say unfortunately because for most people, they brag about their winnings, and that's the problem. Then lose most of it soon after.

It's a material world. We live in it. We're not spirits, but flesh and blood.

I hate to say that Modonna was right. We live in a material world.

Flesh and blood....

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                Member #14
                November 9, 2001
                31541 Posts
                Posted: July 21, 2007, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

lol jarasan

Sun Smiley

So glad there are people like you in this world.

Lovies

love to nibble those micey feet.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19900 Posts
                  Posted: July 21, 2007, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

True, but what about me?

I'm just a limo driver, and I still managed to know that the moon revolves around the earth,not the sun, and that the cash 3, or lotto is not a trillion to 1.........Go figure....What? Little ol' me...?....lol

Trust me...I'm no genius....

Yes, but you're a LP member, he's probably not.  People coming here have more interest in learning about lotteries than the average person. 

There are LP members who have posted every week for quite a while and someone mentions "copy and paste" they....What?.  I figure no one can use a computer very long and not know about NotePad and copy and paste.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                    Member #13130
                    March 30, 2005
                    2171 Posts
                    Posted: July 21, 2007, 10:22 pm - IP Logged

True, but what about me?

I'm just a limo driver, and I still managed to know that the moon revolves around the earth,not the sun, and that the cash 3, or lotto is not a trillion to 1.........Go figure....What? Little ol' me...?....lol

Trust me...I'm no genius....

Consider that you live where the masses cause the politicians to run for cover when gasoline gets $3-$4-$5 dollars per gallon, but people will calmly pay $20-$30 for a 20 ml ink cartrige. That's $3800.00 ~ $5700 per gallon.

In general, most people do not handle(compute) very large or very small numbers well.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                    Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Harbinger
                      D.C./MD.
                      United States
                      Member #44103
                      July 30, 2006
                      5587 Posts
                      Posted: July 21, 2007, 10:34 pm - IP Logged

Consider that you live where the masses cause the politicians to run for cover when gasoline gets $3-$4-$5 dollars per gallon, but people will calmly pay $20-$30 for a 20 ml ink cartrige. That's $3800.00 ~ $5700 per gallon.

In general, most people do not handle(compute) very large or very small numbers well.

Dammm good point.

victorl3ichiban's avatar - georgemichael
                        san jose
                        United States
                        Member #53761
                        July 20, 2007
                        277 Posts
                        Posted: July 21, 2007, 11:24 pm - IP Logged

Yes I do tip my lotto

Delaware
                          United States
                          Member #30273
                          January 14, 2006
                          494 Posts
                          Posted: July 22, 2007, 12:08 am - IP Logged

Nope.

Westerose
                            Canada
                            Member #52915
                            June 15, 2007
                            189 Posts
                            Posted: July 22, 2007, 1:33 am - IP Logged

publicly. 

Manzy you are tripping, you have let the scrapies get to you.  It seems you get "high" berating anyone for merely making a statement you don't even understand, for the love of God please take a breath, get some help.

I think you're the ones that aren't understanding what I am talking about. I don't think any of you can realize the damage that you cause to the world by sending out the types of energy you are sending out.

Wanting the win the lottery so that you can help people out who are in need is the same as if you prayed for bad things to happen to someone.

It's simple metaphysics...      People are focusing on the wrong things and that hurts the entire universe.

Stop it!

Instead wish happiness and good fortune for yourself and everyone else.

But then again I doubt any of you will even begin to try to understand what I am talking about because you all are in this feeding frenzy on a new person who offended one of the regular's ego.

I've heard the type of stuff you all say before time and time again and it's tired.    Why don't you all try to even listen to a new concept once and awhile.

Besides since when is tipping based on "helping others out because they need help"  to my understanding tipping is done beause you appreciate the service you get.

You all need help. I'm just fine. And I am sure there are plenty of others that agree with what I've said but they are just too afriad to say anything because  they don't wanna upset the resident clique here.

You live a life of abundance! You have won the lottery! Belief creates reality! Believe!

Westerose
                              Canada
                              Member #52915
                              June 15, 2007
                              189 Posts
                              Posted: July 22, 2007, 1:41 am - IP Logged

Besides maybe if you would listen to what I am saying then you all would become winners like me :)

Yeah that's right. Why do you think I found this website in the first place.

Do me a favor if you don't like what I say then leave it alone. Others might want the help I am giving them. I know Irondoor valued the info I gave him in the creating luck thread.

There are more ways to help folk then throwing cash at them....    helping them change their reality so they can have abundance in all areas is perhaps more valid. Because you are enpowering people not keeping them in bondage to you. Giving handouts to people does nothing but keep them in bondage to you.

I'd rather empower people.

You live a life of abundance! You have won the lottery! Belief creates reality! Believe!