Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 2:39 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you pray before you buy the lotto?

Topic closed. 77 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Todd.

Page 5 of 6
PrintE-mailLink

Do you pray to God before you buy lotto?

Yes [ 20 ]  [33.33%]
No [ 40 ]  [66.67%]
Total Valid Votes [ 60 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  

United States
Member #51688
April 19, 2007
200 Posts
Posted: August 9, 2007, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

I've heard this (sounds good to me!):

When we pray we are trying to talk to God.

When you have a gut hunch about something, that is God talking to you!

just  make  up  your  own  Bible -  somehow  God  will  understand  >............your  not  even  close  to  the  Truth ;

But  don't  try  to  put  Gods  word  to  shame  ,thats  also  of  the  Devil  and  unbelivers  like  yourself .....if  the  question  of  prayer  is  so  distastfull  to  you  and  you  refer it  to  (spamming  )  then  why  did  you  not  go to  another  post  why  are  you  asking  me  to  move  around  when  its  you  who  are  displeased with  the  content;

You  do  err  not  knowing  the  the  truth  of  Gods  Words.....

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
    Member #14
    November 9, 2001
    31339 Posts
    Posted: August 9, 2007, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

Just wondering how many of you in here pray before you buy any form of lotto.

Original question.

love to nibble those micey feet.

United States
      Member #51688
      April 19, 2007
      200 Posts
      Posted: August 9, 2007, 4:01 pm - IP Logged

and Zippy and Fido      wonder what happened to them?

Just wondering how many of you in here pray before you buy any form of lotto.  the  original  post   question  ;

not  lost  and  found  post  members;

NY
        United States
        Member #23835
        October 16, 2005
        3474 Posts
        Posted: August 9, 2007, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

Just wondering how many of you in here pray before you buy any form of lotto.  the  original  post   question  ;

not  lost  and  found  post  members;

It was a simple  and basic question that didn't call for every detail of anyone's religious beliefs, and it certainly wasn't a request for somebody to start preaching.

I didn't pray and then buy a ticket, but I did talk to God this morning. He said he thinks you're running off at the mouth and wishes you'd stop, but he's got more important stuff to deal with and can't be bothered micro-managing the  petty stuff. He is sorry he wasn't paying more attention when you failed your junior high English classes, though.

United States
          Member #51688
          April 19, 2007
          200 Posts
          Posted: August 9, 2007, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

It was a simple  and basic question that didn't call for every detail of anyone's religious beliefs, and it certainly wasn't a request for somebody to start preaching.

I didn't pray and then buy a ticket, but I did talk to God this morning. He said he thinks you're running off at the mouth and wishes you'd stop, but he's got more important stuff to deal with and can't be bothered micro-managing the  petty stuff. He is sorry he wasn't paying more attention when you failed your junior high English classes, though.

DUDE -  YOU  ARE  AN  IGNORANT  FOOL ":

DON T  USE  MY  NAME  IN  ANYMORE  OF  YOUR  POST  I  DONT  LIKE  YOU  OR  KNOW  YOU  ;

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10344 Posts
            Posted: August 9, 2007, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

just  make  up  your  own  Bible -  somehow  God  will  understand  >............your  not  even  close  to  the  Truth ;

But  don't  try  to  put  Gods  word  to  shame  ,thats  also  of  the  Devil  and  unbelivers  like  yourself .....if  the  question  of  prayer  is  so  distastfull  to  you  and  you  refer it  to  (spamming  )  then  why  did  you  not  go to  another  post  why  are  you  asking  me  to  move  around  when  its  you  who  are  displeased with  the  content;

You  do  err  not  knowing  the  the  truth  of  Gods  Words.....

irondoor827

You're going a little overboard and being one self-righteous reprobate. 

Try this:

My people perish for lack of knowledge.

You know what, I'm an admin on a Christian board, and you know what else - I'd never invite you there with your attitude.

ARROGANCE IS NOT A CHRISTIAN VIRTUE. 

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

reddog's avatar - patch
              Greensboro, North Carolina
              United States
              Member #1616
              June 5, 2003
              1283 Posts
              Posted: August 9, 2007, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

no.  i pray in the morning for more important things.

I agree.

United States
                Member #51688
                April 19, 2007
                200 Posts
                Posted: August 9, 2007, 7:00 pm - IP Logged

irondoor827

You're going a little overboard and being one self-righteous reprobate. 

Try this:

My people perish for lack of knowledge.

You know what, I'm an admin on a Christian board, and you know what else - I'd never invite you there with your attitude.

ARROGANCE IS NOT A CHRISTIAN VIRTUE. 

Dear Self-Righteous  reprobate  Admin. On  a Chrstian Board :

Credientials  won't  get  you  into  heaven...neither  will  wearing  a  yellow  lottery-ball  get  you  a  winning  Powerball/Mega  Jackpot ;

But  it  was  you  who  started  all  the  CRITICIZEM...... You  and  your  friends  thought  it  was  funny  but  now  I  am  responding  to  the  crap  sent  on  this  post  to  me  PERSON -TO -PERSON :...............I   RESPONDED  TO  THIS  POST  LIKE  ANY  OTHER  BUT  SOME    PEOPLE  LIKE  TO  ATTACK  ME   and  say  all-sorts  of  Vile  comments   lke  i  GONNA  JUST  SIT  AND  TAKE  IT  ;

SORRY  I AM  NOT   THE  ONE :

NOTICE  I  NEVER  ATTACK  WHAT  PEOPLE  SAY ....  UNTILL  THEY  RUN  IT  TO  ME  FIRST ;

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10344 Posts
                  Posted: August 9, 2007, 9:59 pm - IP Logged

You have a real warped view of attacks and who criticizes who. 

"Dear Self-Righteous  reprobate  Admin. On  a Chrstian Board :"

Try using some original thought and creativity, Door of Clay 666.  If you're capable. Your copying what people say is really juvenile.

If you want to play I'll play like you can't believe.  

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

Luke 6:41 

You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.

Matthew 23:24.

Now be a nice little gnat swallower and realize what board you're on, what it's about, and you need a wee bit of brushing up on your witnessing techniqe.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                    Member #51688
                    April 19, 2007
                    200 Posts
                    Posted: August 9, 2007, 11:21 pm - IP Logged

You have a real warped view of attacks and who criticizes who. 

"Dear Self-Righteous  reprobate  Admin. On  a Chrstian Board :"

Try using some original thought and creativity, Door of Clay 666.  If you're capable. Your copying what people say is really juvenile.

If you want to play I'll play like you can't believe.  

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

Luke 6:41 

You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.

Matthew 23:24.

Now be a nice little gnat swallower and realize what board you're on, what it's about, and you need a wee bit of brushing up on your witnessing techniqe.

Dear coin tossed  away :

Be A  NICE - LOTTERY-BALL  AND  RELIEZE  that  if  you  feel  into  a  pool  of  water  you  would  turn  up-side  down  and  then  its  tails  up  ....you  loose   ;

FIRST  GO  BACK  TO  THE  ORIGINAL  QUESTION on  page  one  and  look  through  the  post  then  you  will  see  who  started  hammering  out  thrashings  over  my  post  replys - which  inflicted  NO-one;

IT  IS  WRITTEN ;........WHY  DOTH  HE  yet  find  fault ? For  who  hath  resisted  His  will ? Nay  but ,O  man , who  art  thou  that  repliest against GOD ?Shall the  thing  formed say  unto  him  that  formed  it  ,why  hast  thou  made  me  thus ? ;Hath  not  the  potter  power  over  the   Clay ......... 

Romans 9:19-21

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                      Member #4877
                      May 30, 2004
                      5114 Posts
                      Posted: August 9, 2007, 11:30 pm - IP Logged

no.  i pray in the morning for more important things.

PSYKOMO voted .............NO................on this>>>>>WON!!!!!!!!

LOL.........to........All!!

Jimiam's avatar - ICONATOR 4af8c649273bc68ca3f95ed9dd755e65.jpg

United States
                        Member #39406
                        May 15, 2006
                        287 Posts
                        Posted: August 9, 2007, 11:44 pm - IP Logged

I think its just up to the person whether to pray or not for lottery or such. Its probably best to keep to oneself and not on forum. JUst my opinion. I don't think GOD plays the lottery; however. I think he's got more pressing issues.

Jimiam 

Coastal Georgia
                          United States
                          Member #2653
                          October 30, 2003
                          1866 Posts
                          Posted: August 10, 2007, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

Green laugh LMAOROFL

joshuacloak's avatar - Money Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997717-677-518.jpg

United States
                            Member #32537
                            February 12, 2006
                            698 Posts
                            Posted: August 10, 2007, 1:35 pm - IP Logged

this is act of war on our forums

by bored bible people noneless

who have nonething better to do?

so here my 2 cents

i first  seek to understand just what prayer is*

so.........

Definition of prayer - Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

1 a (1): an address (as a petition) to God or a god in word or thought <said a prayer for the success of the voyage> (2): a set order of words used in praying b: an earnest request or wish

then looking in big bad evil  ass kicking  taking names book, the bible

i see this about prayer.

When thou prayest, enter into thy closet , and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly --- mat 6:6th

and

What things soever ya desire, when ya pray, believe that ya receive them, and ya shall have them---mark11:24 

HOLD IT.

you want me to fool my self and if fooled, i can  have WHAT SO EVER , anything?!

i believe i won the lottery.

, this stuff is simple!!!!!

this is to good to be turth, lottery wins here i come Mwahahaha!!

some time later in my life.....................................

wait a sec,  i really did believe i won powerball, wtf i didnt win

f*** you lieing perverse of a god.

turth

millions of prayers are daily unansweared because humankind prays to a God who does not exist 

end of story,

the proof

i called him out

i  did what he asked, and he failed the task he said he would do 

on he's end of the deal.

all turth can  prove it self in action

turth,

such as the turth there a thing we call gavirty  

WHEN PUT To the test.

"it" proved it self to me, and my butt hurts now..............................................me crys

me dont like you gavirty!!!!!

as for god  words/Promises

he failed. 

i give god a F- on he's report card

also on report card. 

-note to parents of god  the "'idea"

your Idea is a lier, and a jerk.

he steals lands, murders, and thinks he better then everyone else in the world, 

also where all hes slaves WTF!?

and he handpacks the ones he wont burn in ever lasting painful death. "god"  also names this  actions  as "Hell".

plz get your make belief  idea "god" some help dearly signed

joshua Smarter Thenyou teacher at GetReal middle School.

here's the  numbers to a highly skilled psych help center 1-800-omg-dumb

hope it helps :) 

United States
                              Member #51688
                              April 19, 2007
                              200 Posts
                              Posted: August 10, 2007, 4:03 pm - IP Logged

this is act of war on our forums

by bored bible people noneless

who have nonething better to do?

so here my 2 cents

i first  seek to understand just what prayer is*

so.........

Definition of prayer - Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

1 a (1): an address (as a petition) to God or a god in word or thought <said a prayer for the success of the voyage> (2): a set order of words used in praying b: an earnest request or wish

then looking in big bad evil  ass kicking  taking names book, the bible

i see this about prayer.

When thou prayest, enter into thy closet , and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly --- mat 6:6th

and

What things soever ya desire, when ya pray, believe that ya receive them, and ya shall have them---mark11:24 

HOLD IT.

you want me to fool my self and if fooled, i can  have WHAT SO EVER , anything?!

i believe i won the lottery.

, this stuff is simple!!!!!

this is to good to be turth, lottery wins here i come Mwahahaha!!

some time later in my life.....................................

wait a sec,  i really did believe i won powerball, wtf i didnt win

f*** you lieing perverse of a god.

turth

millions of prayers are daily unansweared because humankind prays to a God who does not exist 

end of story,

the proof

i called him out

i  did what he asked, and he failed the task he said he would do 

on he's end of the deal.

all turth can  prove it self in action

turth,

such as the turth there a thing we call gavirty  

WHEN PUT To the test.

"it" proved it self to me, and my butt hurts now..............................................me crys

me dont like you gavirty!!!!!

as for god  words/Promises

he failed. 

i give god a F- on he's report card

also on report card. 

-note to parents of god  the "'idea"

your Idea is a lier, and a jerk.

he steals lands, murders, and thinks he better then everyone else in the world, 

also where all hes slaves WTF!?

and he handpacks the ones he wont burn in ever lasting painful death. "god"  also names this  actions  as "Hell".

plz get your make belief  idea "god" some help dearly signed

joshua Smarter Thenyou teacher at GetReal middle School.

here's the  numbers to a highly skilled psych help center 1-800-omg-dumb

hope it helps :) 

GOD is  not  a  man  that  he  should  lie: 

My  God  can  answer  you  before  the  sunsets  ;

A  Real  God  does  not  need  my  help  nor  this  Post  ; the  Bible  which  you  do  not  know  Or  Believe  is  written  for  The  Believers  ....those  who  believe  ,GOD  sent  His  son  to  die  for  our  sins  and  that  God  the  father  rasied  Christ  Jesus  up  from  the  dead  and  sits  at  the  right  hand  of  God  .....the  Bible  was-  NOT -  written    for  unbelievers  like  yourself :Get  thee  hence  SATAN  In  THE  NAME  OF  CHRIST  JESUS !!