Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 10:18 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you leave your wife/husband?

Topic closed. 121 replies. Last post 9 years ago by guesser.

Page 2 of 9
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #916
December 12, 2002
18335 Posts
Posted: February 21, 2008, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

This is probably the most pathetic post I have read in a long time...it saddens me really..

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
    Member #5344
    June 30, 2004
    23641 Posts
    Posted: February 21, 2008, 8:15 pm - IP Logged

LEAVE MY SOULMATE

No way on God's Green Earth.....

I would stay with him if we hit rock bottom.. We were most definitely made for each other.

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

United States
      Member #916
      December 12, 2002
      18335 Posts
      Posted: February 21, 2008, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

WTG Tntea!

Dr Lottery's avatar - 10847
        Albany,Georgia
        United States
        Member #45615
        August 24, 2006
        2135 Posts
        Posted: February 21, 2008, 8:54 pm - IP Logged

This is probably the most pathetic post I have read in a long time...it saddens me really..

I agree this is a pathetic post  why would one post something like this why don't you leave your mate why you are broke better yet leave this post board !!! we are all like family here and don't won't no negative 's!!

One day I will Hit BIG!!

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7314 Posts
          Posted: February 21, 2008, 9:36 pm - IP Logged

I'm not positive, but wouldn't your spouse have legal rights to half of your winnings if you left?

Yep and there would be an army of lawyers wanting to represent her. It doesn't make any sense to me to leave somebody they apparently don't want to live with any more and make them a multi-millionaire.

San Diego, CA
            United States
            Member #58386
            February 12, 2008
            287 Posts
            Posted: February 21, 2008, 9:43 pm - IP Logged

It is a legitimate question for anyone living in the real world.

LottoAce's avatar - WWI Flying_Ace.gif
              N.C.
              United States
              Member #56005
              October 28, 2007
              832 Posts
              Posted: February 21, 2008, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

It is a legitimate question for anyone living in the real world.

Intelligently stated...

"know your limitations, but excede your expectations"

NY
                United States
                Member #23835
                October 16, 2005
                3474 Posts
                Posted: February 22, 2008, 1:51 am - IP Logged

Why would I need to leave when I'd have so much more free time to spend with my mistresses?

bigato1010's avatar - army

United States
                  Member #33588
                  February 22, 2006
                  2068 Posts
                  Posted: February 23, 2008, 3:25 am - IP Logged

Why would I need to leave when I'd have so much more free time to spend with my mistresses?

Kyfloyd am liking this one LOL

United States
                    Member #17555
                    June 22, 2005
                    5582 Posts
                    Posted: February 23, 2008, 3:42 am - IP Logged

For the same reason I don't eat strawberry ice cream everytime I get the urge for sweets...lol

ConstantlyB's avatar - chi
                      Wilson
                      United States
                      Member #54516
                      August 21, 2007
                      2802 Posts
                      Posted: February 24, 2008, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

Well the spouse told me this before NC got the lottery:

If you were to hit the lottery tomorrow...I'd leave your "butt" for sure. You are unreasonable now without the money....I can imagine  you "with" money.

Now ....that's LOVE for ya! LOL

So now ya'll know I'm out $4 EVERY WEEK!!!

"MAKE THAT MONEY YA'LL"

wisdom from Tyler Perry's Madea:"It doesn't matter what people call you....it's what you answer to."

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                        Member #41383
                        June 16, 2006
                        1969 Posts
                        Posted: February 26, 2008, 1:34 am - IP Logged

Some folks have great relationships, and to those of you I applaud you.

And then there are those of us married to psychotic spouses - which most of you will NEVER understand.

Here are some examples of my situation:

One of our cordless phones stopped working, my wife is SCREAMING at me to fix it - so loud the neighbors here her. The problem ?  She's standing 10 feet from me - inside the house. All windows and doors are shut.   The next problem: I didn't know the phone didn't work until said screaming commenced. Never mind the fact that we have 8 - count 'em - 8 OTHER phones in this house.

Two weeks ago it's -8 outside, and she's SCREAMING at me to go chip ice off the driveway.  Driveway is 22' wide and 100' long.  No way I'm doing it.  Yet she screams.

Problem ?   She's diagnosed as a manic depressant - and refuses to take her meds.   Oh - and I am the ONLY one she SCREAMS at. Never mind the fact that her kids do NOTHING to help except create messes and walk away (and both are in college).   She screams at ME to clean up THEIR messes.   I laugh and walk away.   I kid you not - they made a mess in the kitchen awhile back - I would not clean it up - the dishes sat in the sink for so long that some of them rusted and had to be thrown out.  (cake pans, etc.) and NO, I did not have any of the cake, etc.

So as I said, for those of you in good, christian, loving relationships, my hat is off to you, but don't pooh-pooh those  of us in 'bad deals' where, if we left, our spouses would not be able to survive.  We have very thick skin, and have learned to let things go in one ear and out the other, because the next day our spouse will be a TOTALLY different person. 

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                          Wandering Aimlessly
                          United States
                          Member #25360
                          November 5, 2005
                          4461 Posts
                          Posted: February 26, 2008, 1:48 am - IP Logged

I understand what you are saying, Guesser, and JWBlue said it logically...money plays a big part in every relationship.  However, if the love is strong, then it shouldn't matter.  I know people who have lost their spouses to illness and, if they won $100 million, they'd give it all back just to be with them for a few more years. 

Sorry you are going through a lot.  Try to be sympathetic when she's depressed.  I hope you don't have children if she needs medication & refuses to take it.

When I was married, money definitely wouldn't have saved our marriage. However, maybe it would have made breaking up a lot easier.  I've known wealthy couples who live separate lives and it works out okay.  One couple I knew well sold their house, each bought a very nice one about 5 miles apart (just far enough for some privacy) and took turns staying at their vacation homes with the children.  Because they lived in the same town, the kids just stayed wherever they wanted - no custody battle.  I'm not saying it was an ideal situation, since it's still hard on young children, but money certainly (not always) can make even an unpleasant situation a lot easier to handle.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                            Zeta Reticuli Star System
                            United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10353 Posts
                            Posted: February 26, 2008, 2:22 am - IP Logged

"Happy? So who's happy?

My parents have been married for 47 years, a couple of them good!"

Danny De Vito as Michael Douglas' divorce lawyer in War of the Roses 

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                              Member #17555
                              June 22, 2005
                              5582 Posts
                              Posted: February 26, 2008, 6:33 am - IP Logged

Some folks have great relationships, and to those of you I applaud you.

And then there are those of us married to psychotic spouses - which most of you will NEVER understand.

Here are some examples of my situation:

One of our cordless phones stopped working, my wife is SCREAMING at me to fix it - so loud the neighbors here her. The problem ?  She's standing 10 feet from me - inside the house. All windows and doors are shut.   The next problem: I didn't know the phone didn't work until said screaming commenced. Never mind the fact that we have 8 - count 'em - 8 OTHER phones in this house.

Two weeks ago it's -8 outside, and she's SCREAMING at me to go chip ice off the driveway.  Driveway is 22' wide and 100' long.  No way I'm doing it.  Yet she screams.

Problem ?   She's diagnosed as a manic depressant - and refuses to take her meds.   Oh - and I am the ONLY one she SCREAMS at. Never mind the fact that her kids do NOTHING to help except create messes and walk away (and both are in college).   She screams at ME to clean up THEIR messes.   I laugh and walk away.   I kid you not - they made a mess in the kitchen awhile back - I would not clean it up - the dishes sat in the sink for so long that some of them rusted and had to be thrown out.  (cake pans, etc.) and NO, I did not have any of the cake, etc.

So as I said, for those of you in good, christian, loving relationships, my hat is off to you, but don't pooh-pooh those  of us in 'bad deals' where, if we left, our spouses would not be able to survive.  We have very thick skin, and have learned to let things go in one ear and out the other, because the next day our spouse will be a TOTALLY different person. 

I can't stand naggers, and that's why I'll never ever get married.

When I was a kid, my dad would nag me to death. Maybe I have a complex...lol

I'm free, free as a bird, and will make sure it stays that way. Poke

The biggest issue I have with naggers, is that if I don't do what they want at that very instant, the world will stop turning. And at the end of the day, every chore was taken care, but it was done on my own time scale, not theirs.

I think it's a mental problem for people who insist it be done at that moment, or it could be a power thingy. Who knows, either way, it won't work with me. I have enough problems of my own than to hear some whiny annoying voice reiterating some swill.

Trust me, the dishes go in the washer, just not this stinkin second, alright? Now leave me the eff alone, and just go away....lol

Far away !