Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:25 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you leave your wife/husband?

Topic closed. 121 replies. Last post 9 years ago by guesser.

Page 7 of 9
PrintE-mailLink
psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
Member #4877
May 30, 2004
5118 Posts
Posted: March 30, 2008, 12:37 am - IP Logged

YUP, I'd be gone after all the money has been deposited in the trust! (which can take as long as 45 days). There will also be 3 other trust funds set-up, one for my daughter and one for my son and one for the present g/f that's the mother of my son.

Thank's for Beeeeeee'g>>>>>>>HONEST>>>>>>BE:

BUT, & there is alway's a BUTT >>>>>>out THERE somewhere?

U need to appreciate UR coffee fambily every morning>starbuck'ss

LOL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2222-UUUU

PSYKOMO 

United States
    Member #4877
    May 30, 2004
    5118 Posts
    Posted: March 30, 2008, 12:51 am - IP Logged

The g/f of course! And I guess you can say I'd be leaving my son too. That's just the way the cookie crumbles.

PLEASE BE:

REMEMBER HILL & BILL????????????????????????????????????

Don't>>>>>>>>>>>>think about marr'ing A PSKO like ME^^^

I really HAVE no <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<FREIND'sssssss

BUTT the WON'ssssssssssssssssssssssswho luv Dee MONY$$$

LOL

PSYKOMO 

dingo's avatar - lottery of-birth.jpg
      San Jose, California
      United States
      Member #42003
      June 26, 2006
      206 Posts
      Posted: March 30, 2008, 2:34 am - IP Logged

When my best friend is moving away, I want to cry. It's heart breaking. How can people leave their spouse? I just can't. Money does help, but it can't buy a good friend or lovely wife or dearly husband. Unless they have done many bad things to us that we can't forgive, such as betrayal.

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
        Member #24380
        October 21, 2005
        623 Posts
        Posted: March 30, 2008, 7:26 am - IP Logged

When my best friend is moving away, I want to cry. It's heart breaking. How can people leave their spouse? I just can't. Money does help, but it can't buy a good friend or lovely wife or dearly husband. Unless they have done many bad things to us that we can't forgive, such as betrayal.

...Such as betrayal.  Which can be forgiven to an extent.  Betrayal overcome yes.  Betrayal and abuse, bye bye baby!

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
          Texas
          United States
          Member #55889
          October 23, 2007
          5591 Posts
          Posted: March 30, 2008, 10:27 am - IP Logged

I always tell my wife if I hit big that we can buy our own private island in the Bahamas. She just says that's fine, except I'll be there by myself!!!!!!

She's afraid of water , so we'll find some other paradise to live in. 

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
            Member #5344
            June 30, 2004
            23641 Posts
            Posted: March 30, 2008, 6:09 pm - IP Logged

The g/f of course! And I guess you can say I'd be leaving my son too. That's just the way the cookie crumbles.

That is a sad thing.

Children are always the one that suffer the most.

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
              Member #41383
              June 16, 2006
              1969 Posts
              Posted: March 31, 2008, 2:23 am - IP Logged

And there is always two sides to the marriage problem story. When people talk about their marital problems I just go "uh hum" because I don't live in that house to see what really goes on behind closed doors.

If I thought it would convince you, I would give you the phone numbers of the kids' cell phones, her mother, her sister, and her co-workers.

I really do probably 90% of the 'work' in this house, and that's because that is how I was raised, but I will be damned if I will do 100% of it.

United States
                Member #41383
                June 16, 2006
                1969 Posts
                Posted: March 31, 2008, 2:31 am - IP Logged

I agree you have to choose your battle.

There is a secret to having a conversation with no arguments.

NEVER>>. I Repeat NEVER>>>>EVER>>>> NEVER

Start a sentence off with the word "YOU"  Or "BUT"....

Those are NO NO's....

Even if you are talking to your spouse, your child, your boss, your neighbor, anyone... NEVER do this.  Try it and see how easy your life becomes.

You need something done...

Then say that.... "I need the car moved."   Not,  "You need to move the car."

You know what "but" means.. Right?

Beyond the Underlying Truth... Think about that...

Here is the problem with your advice:

Do you know the saying 'what's ours is mine and what's yours is mine' ?

Ok, that said:

Do you know when most people say 'We' they really mean 'You' or 'I' ?

And the word 'but' - I never say that. I don't need to, I'm usually avoiding verbal daggers, and I'm not 9 years old.

United States
                  Member #41383
                  June 16, 2006
                  1969 Posts
                  Posted: March 31, 2008, 2:40 am - IP Logged

Way to go, sirbad!  My self-esteem is not that low -- that I need someone to validate my worth.  I am a confirmed bachelorette (and I do not have children).

Wake up, people: this is not 1808 -- women did not have too many options back then: you were considered an old maid, a spinster if you were not married. 

Finally, marriage is not a guarantee of happiness, either. Most women need to get off their high, happy horse by coming down to earth: marriage benefits men more than women. This is 2008, ladies: invest in your career (financially),  improve yourselves emotionally and spiritually, and just have a host of friends or associates.

This is debatable.  VERY debatable.

I don't mean 100% across the board, but I know MANY women that have a hard time getting by without a spouse, and consequently, I know very few guys that remarry after a divorce.

I don't mean financially for the women, but I don't know many women at all that can fix a leaky faucet, replace a bad light switch, replace a furnace filter, reset a circuit breaker, clean out the gutters, or any other small things, therefore more women SEEK to be married, and that's only a very small part of the reason why.

United States
                    Member #41383
                    June 16, 2006
                    1969 Posts
                    Posted: March 31, 2008, 2:45 am - IP Logged

Why would you leave your son just because of money ?

Why would you not leave now ?

For the record, I never said I'd leave my spouse in my original post, I just said she's nuts.

I wish I had a son, I've had to settle for 3 cats... easily the best investment I ever made.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                      Wandering Aimlessly
                      United States
                      Member #25360
                      November 5, 2005
                      4461 Posts
                      Posted: March 31, 2008, 4:09 am - IP Logged

Guesser writes:  I don't mean financially for the women, but I don't know many women at all that can fix a leaky faucet, replace a bad light switch, replace a furnace filter, reset a circuit breaker, clean out the gutters, or any other small things, therefore more women SEEK to be married, and that's only a very small part of the reason why.

You're joking, right?  You really think women get married so they'll have a man who can clean out their gutters?  If I want my gutters cleaned out, I'll take Dulcolax.

You must know some very helpless or stupid women.  Who can't replace a furnace filter or reset a circuit breaker? 

BTW I have a leaky faucet right now.  The last thing that entered my mind was finding a husband although I can find lots of men who'd love to plug any leak I have.

I've read your posts for a long time and your view of women is very degrading.

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                        Harbinger
                        D.C./MD.
                        United States
                        Member #44103
                        July 30, 2006
                        5583 Posts
                        Posted: March 31, 2008, 11:39 am - IP Logged

Guesser writes:  I don't mean financially for the women, but I don't know many women at all that can fix a leaky faucet, replace a bad light switch, replace a furnace filter, reset a circuit breaker, clean out the gutters, or any other small things, therefore more women SEEK to be married, and that's only a very small part of the reason why.

You're joking, right?  You really think women get married so they'll have a man who can clean out their gutters?  If I want my gutters cleaned out, I'll take Dulcolax.

You must know some very helpless or stupid women.  Who can't replace a furnace filter or reset a circuit breaker? 

BTW I have a leaky faucet right now.  The last thing that entered my mind was finding a husband although I can find lots of men who'd love to plug any leak I have.

I've read your posts for a long time and your view of women is very degrading.

It goes both ways, most of the women and men I know, with very few exceptions, have the faintest idea or care how anything is done, fixed, or works, they would rather pay someone to do it.  None of them can quit working for 1 day.  One of my X's hated the fact I had a workshop and I wouldn't hire anyone to do anything when I could do it for material cost.  Oh yeah, she broke it to me after co-habitating she was a financial bankrupt mess, go figure, money changes everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl2c9G1R_a8

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                          Wandering Aimlessly
                          United States
                          Member #25360
                          November 5, 2005
                          4461 Posts
                          Posted: March 31, 2008, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

Jarasan, I agree with you.  Many times when I was working 60 hours a week I'd even hire someone to clean my house.  But what does this have to do with getting married?   If I want to find a man to fix something around the house, I just need to ask a neighbor.  I rent now, but when I owned a house, I would often call one of those handyman ads in the local paper.  It's hard for me to get someone to accept money, but I don't want to take advantage of another person.   Again, what does needing a handyman once in a while have to do with taking wedding vows? 

Sounds as if this is a white collar vs blue collar attitude.  One looks at helping a woman as a burden and the other seems to feel good that he can help a lady in need.  I grew up in a neighborhood where we all did stuff for each other. 

I doubt if there are too many people who are much weaker than I am.  If the wind blows I need to hold on so I don't end up in Kansas.  But the thought never crossed my mind to sleep with a man just to make doing chores a little simpler.

"One of my X's "

Why is it that when men have a lot of "Xs" they never wake up to the fact that maybe it's not the X but the Y who has the problem?  

rubberbandman's avatar - Spawn Classic.jpg
                            mn
                            United States
                            Member #59040
                            March 4, 2008
                            276 Posts
                            Posted: March 31, 2008, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

Jarasan, I agree with you.  Many times when I was working 60 hours a week I'd even hire someone to clean my house.  But what does this have to do with getting married?   If I want to find a man to fix something around the house, I just need to ask a neighbor.  I rent now, but when I owned a house, I would often call one of those handyman ads in the local paper.  It's hard for me to get someone to accept money, but I don't want to take advantage of another person.   Again, what does needing a handyman once in a while have to do with taking wedding vows? 

Sounds as if this is a white collar vs blue collar attitude.  One looks at helping a woman as a burden and the other seems to feel good that he can help a lady in need.  I grew up in a neighborhood where we all did stuff for each other. 

I doubt if there are too many people who are much weaker than I am.  If the wind blows I need to hold on so I don't end up in Kansas.  But the thought never crossed my mind to sleep with a man just to make doing chores a little simpler.

"One of my X's "

Why is it that when men have a lot of "Xs" they never wake up to the fact that maybe it's not the X but the Y who has the problem?  

Interesting perspective, all of these situations are a little different from the norm. Truth be told, this could only happen if you are an EXTREMELY beautiful woman, if you were somewhat less attractive, trust me you would not get that much attention. You have these opinions because you are living a particular lifestyle that the majority of women in the world do not have the privilege of living, so you only have this perspective.

It seems as if many women not just you, have a problem with a "socially experienced" man, granted it's a little indifferent that he "gets around" but as the old saying goes, "Don't hate the player, Hate the game."   

"Gee Brain, what do you want to do tonight?"
                            "The same thing we do every night, Pinky- try to take over the world."

United States
                              Member #4877
                              May 30, 2004
                              5118 Posts
                              Posted: March 31, 2008, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

TNTEA:

U>>>>>>>>>RRRRRRR truly a great GULL

MY Sun Spot Baby>>>>>left PSYKO ....& took $$$$$$

My AMERICAN EXPRE$$ card >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>$TOO>>$

BUTT & yes>>>>>>>>>>>>if U KNOW >>>>>>>>>>>>>PSYKOMO>>

U know there is alway'$$$$$$$$$$$$ another BUTT out DARE>>>>>>

Congrat's too U for KEEP'N D OLE SEAGULL>>>>

BOTH >>>oF  U >>>HIT the >>>>>JACKPOT^^^^

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

PartyParty........................LOL>>>>>>>Jack-in-the-Box$$$

PSYKOMO