Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:40 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Should EZMoney receive "Hall of Fame" title in his avatar?

Topic closed. 120 replies. Last post 9 years ago by EZMoney.

Page 2 of 9
PrintE-mailLink

Since EZMoney is a legend here, should Todd give him Hall of Fame status?

Yes [ 17 ]  [22.37%]
No [ 59 ]  [77.63%]
Total Valid Votes [ 76 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 7 ]  
DC81's avatar - batman39
MI
United States
Member #54830
August 31, 2007
985 Posts
Posted: May 24, 2008, 2:40 am - IP Logged

When I win a lottery jackpot I expect a full blown parade and a statue in my image as well as a weekly "worship" session in the topic where I show off a scanned copy of the winning ticket.Stooges

You can't predict random.

Raven62's avatar - binary
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #17843
    June 28, 2005
    49784 Posts
    Posted: May 24, 2008, 7:48 am - IP Logged

What Qualities are considered when Inducting someone into the Hall of Fame, and does EZMoney have any of those Qualities?

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

CCHS13's avatar - chi jpeg.jpg
      Illinois
      United States
      Member #46704
      September 23, 2006
      3692 Posts
      Posted: May 24, 2008, 10:02 am - IP Logged

You should be given a status of Six Figure winner but Hall of Fame is something earned for

doing something consistently over a period of time, and that is not the case.  It was a quick

pick, that was a blessing.  Congratulations

Men Lie Women Lie Numbers Dont

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10353 Posts
        Posted: May 24, 2008, 10:08 am - IP Logged

Well if old EZ wants "in the hall" that bad, I say do it like baseball- not even eligible until five years after retirement - and then that's only elgibility, not a guarantee of getting in.

From this thread I'm taking it that EZ won a Pick 5 - I remember St. Germain hitting the Little Lotto twice.

That's the game I play the most, but in the grand scheme of things, on a board where people are stirving to hit a 5 + 1 game that pays at least 12 or 15 million for starters, a pick 5 payout is relatively chump change.

EZ, you should read, re-read, and re-read the post about the guy in Ohio getting killed after he won the 5 + 0 MM prize ($250,000).

I don't think sounding your own trumpet on the internet about a win is the smartest thing you can do - and don't be so sure there's no one here at LP that hasn't won a  larger jackpot.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Illinois
          United States
          Member #46704
          September 23, 2006
          3692 Posts
          Posted: May 24, 2008, 10:10 am - IP Logged

Coin Toss  EZ won 2nd place prize in the Powerball before it was 200,000 and also

5 grand in a PA lottery, from what I read

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
            Member #5344
            June 30, 2004
            23641 Posts
            Posted: May 24, 2008, 10:10 am - IP Logged

Well if old EZ wants "in the hall" that bad, I say do it like baseball- not even eligible until five years after retirement - and then that's only elgibility, not a guarantee of getting in.

From this thread I'm taking it that EZ won a Pick 5 - I remember St. Germain hitting the Little Lotto twice.

That's the game I play the most, but in the grand scheme of things, on a board where people are stirving to hit a 5 + 1 game that pays at least 12 or 15 million for starters, a pick 5 payout is relatively chump change.

EZ, you should read, re-read, and re-read the post about the guy in Ohio getting killed after he won the 5 + 0 MM prize ($250,000).

I don't think sounding your own trumpet on the internet about a win is the smartest thing you can do - and don't be so sure there's no one here at LP that hasn't won a  larger jackpot.

and don't be so sure there's no one here at LP that hasn't won a  larger jackpot.

So true.  The smart don't smart off about it.

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

NY
              United States
              Member #23835
              October 16, 2005
              3474 Posts
              Posted: May 24, 2008, 10:26 am - IP Logged

The fact is Im this sites biggest proven winner.  Thats my claim to fame.  Dont hate because of that.

You think you should get into a hall of fame because of a random statistical anomaly? There are literally thousands of times as many people who have won 100 grand of more than there are people that have been hit by meteorites. Maybe you can ask again when you have a real claim to fame.

Raven62's avatar - binary
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #17843
                June 28, 2005
                49784 Posts
                Posted: May 24, 2008, 10:53 am - IP Logged

Criteria for Hall of Fame  Selections

a)  Notable Record of Winning Play

b)  Significant Record of Wins (Multi-State, State)

c)  Other Contributions

1.)  Role model to others

2.)  Sportsmanship and Personal Conduct

3.)  Respect for the Lottery Game

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Think's avatar - lightbulb
                  Marquette, MI
                  United States
                  Member #20541
                  August 20, 2005
                  705 Posts
                  Posted: May 24, 2008, 12:12 pm - IP Logged

How about putting me in the hall of fame.  I have been playing in three different decades and my biggest prize to date is $500 woo hoo!

Honduras
                    Member #20982
                    August 29, 2005
                    4715 Posts
                    Posted: May 24, 2008, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

i think people that win big should have something on their avatar stating that they won also like a hall of fame symbol...What i don't like is the tone of easy money..Look what he writes...
                    "Since Ez money is a legend here"

Now what kind of writing is that? sorry to say it but is clearly bragging and there is nothing wrong with bragging but is more like arrogance..Other people have won here at LP and none of them has mentioned that they are "a legend" in LP...I believe ez money owes everybody an apology...

a better writing would have been: "since ez money won a jackpot" don't you think he deserves a hall of fame in his avatar...That will have been a better statemen...Ez money may think i am writing to harm him but i am writing to point out how others may view his post...

Anyways like someone said previously, such big wins is supposes to inspire us...

I also think Geo5666 should get one hall of fame since he clearly has predicted several jackpots despite that he has not bought the tickets...

look i am just trying to help...

Honduras
                      Member #20982
                      August 29, 2005
                      4715 Posts
                      Posted: May 24, 2008, 1:14 pm - IP Logged

Also is good that you won but what's the point that you won if you don't have a system to show the rest of us so that we can win it too and inspire us...

And i just don't mean a system to teach/inspire the rest of LotteryPost members here but to teach the entire population of the U.S.A...I call it been patriotic..

four4me's avatar - gate1
                        MD
                        United States
                        Member #1701
                        June 18, 2003
                        8363 Posts
                        Posted: May 24, 2008, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Coin Toss for chiming in on behalf of St.germain

Coin Toss said: I remember St. Germain hitting the Little Lotto twice.

Yes and he did it with his own numbers using a wheel. There were smaller prizes paid out as well since 3 or more numbers fell on different lines.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                          Zeta Reticuli Star System
                          United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10353 Posts
                          Posted: May 24, 2008, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

Coin Toss  EZ won 2nd place prize in the Powerball before it was 200,000 and also

5 grand in a PA lottery, from what I read

CCHS13

Well then we really are talking relative chump change.

(I don't know what amount St. Germain won, and it's none of our business anyway, but the game he hit went from a 5/30 with a fixed jackpot to a 5/39 with a progressive jackpot, which at times has been over $1,000,000.)

Asking to be put in the "hall of fame" for that is about equivalent of asking to be put in the real life baseeball Hall of Fame because they were on the team roster and got on base on a walk the same day another player hit four homerrs in a game.

four4me

We posted at the same time, thanks. Fair is fair.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Illinois
                            United States
                            Member #46704
                            September 23, 2006
                            3692 Posts
                            Posted: May 24, 2008, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

ROFL  Thats why I can see a banner (avatar) stating he is a Six Figure winner but hardly Hall of

Fame.  He just doesnt know how deep LP is nowadays.  This did happen back when it was just

a little over 500 members

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
                              Member #9517
                              December 10, 2004
                              1272 Posts
                              Posted: May 24, 2008, 2:13 pm - IP Logged

I'm a Five Figure winner. I deserve a banner as well! Wink