Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you Believe Lotteries are Random?

Topic closed. 79 replies. Last post 8 years ago by pick4hawk.

Page 4 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
Dump Water Florida
United States
Member #380
June 5, 2002
3102 Posts
Posted: March 25, 2009, 2:50 am - IP Logged

Arrrgh it is 180, stupid brain.  BobP

NY
    United States
    Member #23835
    October 16, 2005
    3474 Posts
    Posted: March 25, 2009, 3:00 am - IP Logged

The red highlighted show repeats where there was not a repeat in what I listed.  That is obvious.  So, the real problem is that you must be using a different data base.  I maintain my own databases and I do them Midday to Midday and Evening to Evening.  I think you don't and that explains the difference. 

I call it an honest mistake on my part.  I am sorry for the confusion and that you jumped to the quick conclusion that I had some agenda and was lying.  I wasn't. 

I will try to see how I can use the 80% or more repeats to my advantage.  Thank you for pointing it out.

It's not that they're using a different database, and it has nothing to do with midday vs evening drawings (that's apparent from their data and their statement about numbers repeating in "the very next drawing"). They're apparently using a concept of "repeat" that comes from an alternate reality where an event that happens on Monday can be a "repeat" of something that happens on the following Tuesday. Pay attention to the results that they count as repeats:

2/28/2009 M6 6 7
    2/28/2009 E0 9 9  9
    3/1/2009 M9 4 79
    3/1/2009 E5 5 33
    3/2/2009 M6 3 63

There is no 3  in the results for either drawing on 2/28 or the midday drawing on 3/1, but they think its first occurrence in the evening drawing on 3/1 is a repeat. Each time a number actually repeats, they count it as also repeating the first time it comes up. Since their definition of a repeat is faulty their calculation of how often repeats happen is obviously going to be inaccurate. You miscounted the first time but your figure of 58 repeats is right. It's also almost exactly how often we should expect to see repeats. Anyone who thinks that suggests that the drawings aren't random clearly doesn't understand simple probability.

MysteryMan424's avatar - batman22
      Pelham NY
      United States
      Member #60411
      April 16, 2008
      169 Posts
      Posted: March 25, 2009, 9:40 pm - IP Logged

Whether a combo repeats or doesn't or whatever pattern they display doesn't justify randomness. I think you're confusing randomness with shenanigans. I think that you think that because of the specific random pattern you are observing you feel that the lottery is somehow manipulating the drawings, and the results are not the "random" results you expect.

United States
        Member #68002
        December 10, 2008
        477 Posts
        Posted: March 26, 2009, 12:05 pm - IP Logged

I have a question??? I thought christians weren't allowed too gamble because gambling is considered a sin??? (even though the BIBLE does not mention anything about gambling being a sin)I was just curious (back too the sibject at hand)A member in here said that because quick-picks win most of the time the lottery is random well the reason quick-picks win the most is because that's what players use most of the time they play.More people buy quick-picks compared with people that play lucky numbers,pick them randomly on the playslip,think of some numbers too play or use some kind of strategy/system.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
          Dump Water Florida
          United States
          Member #380
          June 5, 2002
          3102 Posts
          Posted: March 26, 2009, 4:15 pm - IP Logged

I have a question??? I thought christians weren't allowed too gamble because gambling is considered a sin??? (even though the BIBLE does not mention anything about gambling being a sin)I was just curious (back too the sibject at hand)A member in here said that because quick-picks win most of the time the lottery is random well the reason quick-picks win the most is because that's what players use most of the time they play.More people buy quick-picks compared with people that play lucky numbers,pick them randomly on the playslip,think of some numbers too play or use some kind of strategy/system.

Gambling is not a sin.  However, the ill effects it can have on you and your family can be a sin if you allow them to happen.  Not being able to pay the rent or buy proper food or give to the church because of gambling is the sin.

Random can have patterns.  For example a stream with rapids might appear to be total chaos, yet perfect whorl-pools may form and exist for a time before dissolving into chaos once again.  What the lottery tries to do is toss big rocks into the area to disrupt the whorl-pools by rotating machines or computers.

BobP

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
            Member #4877
            May 30, 2004
            5114 Posts
            Posted: March 26, 2009, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

Of course I don't, but I wanted to hear your thoughts on it. No, I don't think there is some man pulling a magic lever to decide what magic balls are pushed through. But I do believe when dealing with numbers they form undeniable patterns.

What are your thoughts and why?

I Agree!Jack-in-the-BoxBig Grin AngelBig Grin SantaNo Pity!No Pity!but &butt

dar'r is alwaw's a BUTT

out dar'r somewhere !!!

O'BAMA will fix UR $$$

JACKPOT$$$$$$$$$$$

BUT^WE^LUV o'bama!!!

& post office health>>>

care>>>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!

wait>>>wait>>>in LINE!

U WILL>>>>>>>agree!!!!!

Honduras
              Member #20982
              August 29, 2005
              4715 Posts
              Posted: March 27, 2009, 12:51 am - IP Logged

i don't believe lotteries are random, i think they are 50% random...

This is what i think....I think the lotteries like if they knew u was a super good predictor and you predicted the numbers, and let's say they come out, what i think the lottery will do is conduct more than the normal pre-test, somehow they use the pre-test drawings....Like they will record the pre-test several times on TV and use the one they like between the 3 or 4 pre-test they pre-televise, so in a way it will be sort of random...I've seen too many anomalies in the lottery for it to be random...people will say that it is random but this is what i believe...

but i don't believe they do this often only when they think they are in danger which are seldom, that's why not all 365 tv drawings of the year are live most of them are live but not all.....

i'll tell you examples that lead me to believe the stuff i believe, i am not talking about all evens or all odds i am just putting an example to better explain what i am talking about...How often does the combination that has all 6 numbers even play? In Pick5 years ago i noticed that it played once a month but that was years ago i don't know how oftern it is now but it should be around that but in Pick6 or Powerball is longer than that...Well there have been moments that i've put in my blog "the combination that has all even numbers will not play tomorrow so people do not play it" following drawing "all even combinations" play...This has happened 3 different times in different months.....Not just with even and odd but the winner's name which leads me to believe that they do influence the winning number some....

in a way i am glad it happens this way, but at the same time you get mad when it is YOU making the predictions...

as far fetch as this may sound this is what i believe...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7297 Posts
                Posted: March 27, 2009, 4:21 am - IP Logged

i don't believe lotteries are random, i think they are 50% random...

This is what i think....I think the lotteries like if they knew u was a super good predictor and you predicted the numbers, and let's say they come out, what i think the lottery will do is conduct more than the normal pre-test, somehow they use the pre-test drawings....Like they will record the pre-test several times on TV and use the one they like between the 3 or 4 pre-test they pre-televise, so in a way it will be sort of random...I've seen too many anomalies in the lottery for it to be random...people will say that it is random but this is what i believe...

but i don't believe they do this often only when they think they are in danger which are seldom, that's why not all 365 tv drawings of the year are live most of them are live but not all.....

i'll tell you examples that lead me to believe the stuff i believe, i am not talking about all evens or all odds i am just putting an example to better explain what i am talking about...How often does the combination that has all 6 numbers even play? In Pick5 years ago i noticed that it played once a month but that was years ago i don't know how oftern it is now but it should be around that but in Pick6 or Powerball is longer than that...Well there have been moments that i've put in my blog "the combination that has all even numbers will not play tomorrow so people do not play it" following drawing "all even combinations" play...This has happened 3 different times in different months.....Not just with even and odd but the winner's name which leads me to believe that they do influence the winning number some....

in a way i am glad it happens this way, but at the same time you get mad when it is YOU making the predictions...

as far fetch as this may sound this is what i believe...

"Like they will record the pre-test several times on TV and use the one they like between the 3 or 4 pre-test they pre-televise, so in a way it will be sort of random."

The lotteries running for years probably have tapes of every three 3 digit number being drawn and it's possible they could play which ever tape they wanted to get the desired results. However with the 50% keep percentage it's really not necessary to cheat the players.

While each individual drawing is a random event, the results of many drawings will be pretty close to probability. Odd/even and high/low will begin to balance out and since 72% of the pick-3 numbers have three different digits, over time about 72% of the drawings will have three different digits. When this happens there is always a 30% chance that at least one of those digits will repeat from previous drawing, but if it happens in say 50% of the drawings, players can use that to their advantage.

CT
                  United States
                  Member #72779
                  March 27, 2009
                  1 Posts
                  Posted: March 27, 2009, 7:09 am - IP Logged

Hi I am new here...username...greggace

I hear you with quick picks, they do seem to win quite a bit...

However ponder this... When a heavy system player, has just left a machine,

(now don't forget that system player  has reviewed stats, overdue, hot etc... and has made his play based on that...)

my guess is if lets say the next person in the store asks for a QUICK PICK, then the lotto machine will generate the new numbers

with some of the  old system players numbers inside of it...

Thus creating a lucky accident...or a win... THAT is why it is wise for every player on this site, to always ask for a quick pick after your own system.

if you do not belive me? 

go play a 3 number game with any numbers  then ask for a quick pick...usually 2 of your numbers will be in that next quick pick.

peace...greggace

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19817 Posts
                    Posted: March 27, 2009, 10:10 am - IP Logged

With a pick3 game, the odds are pretty good, whether you buy QP's or pick your own numbers, the next batch of QP's are going to have some of the same numbers played earlier.  There just aren't that many numbers to be used in combinations of pick3s.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                      Stone Mountain*Georgia
                      United States
                      Member #828
                      November 2, 2002
                      10491 Posts
                      Posted: March 27, 2009, 10:57 pm - IP Logged

Thank you very much K Y Floyd....... it was driving me nuts ! 

No follow up comments from anywhere either .  LOL

Anytime you see 3 different digits in a number ...... say012 for example ....  there is a66% chance that at least one of those digits will repeat in the next draw.

Oh yeah .... anytime you get a double ...... 011 example ......there is a 49% shot that one of the 2 digits will repeat on next draw.

...... and its all because of the Odds ......and the Math of it .......not because of the Randomness or lack thereof.  LOL

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

Honduras
                        Member #20982
                        August 29, 2005
                        4715 Posts
                        Posted: March 29, 2009, 4:36 am - IP Logged

"Well there have been moments that i've put in my blog "the combination that has all even numbers will not play tomorrow so people do not play it" following drawing "all even combinations" play...This has happened 3 different times in different months..."

when i said that i was reffering to Pick6 and Pick5....

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

tungsten chef's avatar - nw dwarf5.jpg
                          Winnipeg
                          Canada
                          Member #14974
                          May 7, 2005
                          3639 Posts
                          Posted: April 1, 2009, 9:56 pm - IP Logged

virginia pick 3 and 4.

last night 795 box...today midday...795 box...pick 4 midday had the 759 combo in it. random??  doubt it. bring out your theories gurus.

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                            Tx
                            United States
                            Member #4570
                            May 4, 2004
                            5180 Posts
                            Posted: April 1, 2009, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

These are Tx past draws, they are weird looking.

Random?

We could debate that forever,if you ask me, I would say:

Not Random!

04/01/2009     5     8     5     18
                                 03/31/2009     1     6     6     13          03/31/2009     6     5     2     13
                                 03/30/2009     4     4     5     13          03/30/2009     2     0     0     2
                                 03/28/2009     5     3     4     12          03/28/2009     6     7     6     19
                                 03/27/2009     0     0     4     4           03/27/2009     5     2     7     14
                                 03/26/2009     2     7     1     10          03/26/2009     0     7     8     15
                                 03/25/2009     1     2     7     10          03/25/2009     7     8     0     15
                                 03/24/2009     6     7     1     14          03/24/2009     9     4     6     19
                                 03/23/2009     6     8     7     21          03/23/2009     0     3     5     8
                                 03/21/2009     1     6     0     7           03/21/2009     6     7     0     13
                                 03/20/2009     8     9     4     21          03/20/2009     5     6     0     11
                                 03/19/2009     6     8     6     20          03/19/2009     9     2     8     19
                                 03/18/2009     4     7     2     13          03/18/2009     4     2     3     9
                                 03/17/2009     4     2     7     13          03/17/2009     9     1     7     17
                                 03/16/2009     6     1     1     8           03/16/2009     8     4     1     13
                                 03/14/2009     0     0     5     5           03/14/2009     9     0     9     18
                                 03/13/2009     1     4     2     7           03/13/2009     9     8     2     19
                                 03/12/2009     6     9     2     17          03/12/2009     1     7     2     10
                                 03/11/2009     1     5     4     10          03/11/2009     1     0     0     1
                                 03/10/2009     8     8     9     25          03/10/2009     3     9     0     12
                                 03/09/2009     3     9     9     21          03/09/2009     6     5     9     20
                                 03/07/2009     4     8     1     13          03/07/2009     4     3     4     11
                                 03/06/2009     7     5     7     19          03/06/2009     0     8     1     9
                                 03/05/2009     2     6     7     15          03/05/2009     2     7     1     10
                                 03/04/2009     4     8     4     16          03/04/2009     1     4     8     13
                                 03/03/2009     7     0     3     10          03/03/2009     4     2     5     11
                                 03/02/2009     4     9     9     22          03/02/2009     9     4     7     20
                                 02/28/2009     6     0     8     14          02/28/2009     9     4     1     14
                                 02/27/2009     1     7     7     15          02/27/2009     7     6     0     13
                                 02/26/2009     2     4     1     7           02/26/2009     2     0     0     2
                                 02/25/2009     3     4     5     12          02/25/2009     2     6     6     14
                                 02/24/2009     6     1     4     11          02/24/2009     1     3     6     10
                                 02/23/2009     6     3     7     16          02/23/2009     3     9     2     14
                                 02/21/2009     1     9     1     11          02/21/2009     4     3     2     9
                                 02/20/2009     2     4     0     6           02/20/2009     3     5     6     14
                                 02/19/2009     9     4     4     17          02/19/2009     0     6     3     9
                                 02/18/2009     5     5     3     13          02/18/2009     9     1     5     15
                                 02/17/2009     1     3     4     8           02/17/2009     1     0     7     8
                                 02/16/2009     1     7     9     17          02/16/2009     7     9     9     25
                                 02/14/2009     4     9     5     18          02/14/2009     2     9     6     17
                                 02/13/2009     9     0     9     18          02/13/2009     6     1     5     12
                                 02/12/2009     4     3     3     10          02/12/2009     7     3     5     15
                                 02/11/2009     1     7     1     9           02/11/2009     2     8     9     19

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Amazing Grace's avatar - lion
                              rainbow lake
                              Canada
                              Member #25177
                              November 2, 2005
                              10764 Posts
                              Posted: April 1, 2009, 11:39 pm - IP Logged

Of course I don't, but I wanted to hear your thoughts on it. No, I don't think there is some man pulling a magic lever to decide what magic balls are pushed through. But I do believe when dealing with numbers they form undeniable patterns.

What are your thoughts and why?

Can Random be predicted

Yes to a degree.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/191490

Secret to $uccess=Law of Attraction