Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 1:41 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you Believe Lotteries are Random?

Topic closed. 79 replies. Last post 8 years ago by pick4hawk.

Page 5 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
Tx
United States
Member #4570
May 4, 2004
5180 Posts
Posted: April 3, 2009, 9:34 pm - IP Logged

Random numbers? By chance or not?

Don't they have from 3 to 5 predraws before each "real" draw and don't they change ballsets and draws machines to make sure that the draws-numbers are random or to make sure that they are not random?

With so many past draws and predraws, by now they must have videos of all the straight pick 3 numbers several times over, is this one of the reasons for having the predraws?

What do those numbers mean, random or not random?

Is this the first time that the numbers look "funny"? Hardly, they look weird, very very often as to be "normal".

Do you see most of the doubles on the Midday pick 3 game? By chance?

Do these things "happen" because the lotteries know that people use "systems" so they can foil them?

Some automatic systems might not be very happy with such things, so you might want to use "manual" systems.

More work, yes, but maybe better predictions also.

As seen here and elsewhere, probably by now the lotteries don't want the drawings to be "naturally" random, maybe they also read the posts here at LP, at least every so often.

Tx numbers:

04/03/2009     7     5     8     20
     04/02/2009     9     9     8     26           04/02/2009     6     8     2      16
     04/01/2009     5     8     5     18           04/01/2009     8     7     3      18
     03/31/2009     1     6     6     13           03/31/2009     6     5     2      13
     03/30/2009     4     4     5     13           03/30/2009     2     0     0      2
     03/28/2009     5     3     4     12            03/28/2009     6     7     6     19
     03/27/2009     0     0     4     4             03/27/2009     5     2     7     14
     03/26/2009     2     7     1     10           03/26/2009     0    7    8      15
     03/25/2009     1     2     7     10           03/25/2009     7    8     0     15
     03/24/2009     6     7     1     14           03/24/2009     9     4     6     19

Do the lotteries care any that some people think that the games are not random?

No, they don't care any at all!

----------

I forgot to say they have the technology to know which combinations were bought long before the draws.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Tx
    United States
    Member #4570
    May 4, 2004
    5180 Posts
    Posted: April 3, 2009, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

The lotteries also have the technology to know which numbers were bought were, if they want to, so if they don't want somebody to win at a given location they could "block" all pick 3 numbers bought there, at least all straight combinations at a given range of stores at a particular general city location.

Just an idea, but the technology is there if they want to use it.

Ninety Six, SC
      United States
      Member #73022
      April 2, 2009
      1 Posts
      Posted: April 3, 2009, 10:07 pm - IP Logged

I also agree with you.   It has to be fixed.

Tx
        United States
        Member #4570
        May 4, 2004
        5180 Posts
        Posted: April 3, 2009, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

Hello!

Welcome to the Lottery Post Forum!

While it does not have to be fixed, it sure does look as if it is!

Besides, I used to predict on The Pick 3 Forum long ago for quite a while and I also have more than just a little understanding about random and it's prediction, I also have looked at lottery draws for quite a while.

Believe me when I say that there is a relatively good chance of being able to predict "natural" pick 3 lottery random, among a number of combinations.

-----------------

"Natural" random is not a good thing for the lottery cartels and they by now know it, they used to think that it was good, now they know much better.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
          Member #41383
          June 16, 2006
          1969 Posts
          Posted: April 4, 2009, 2:39 am - IP Logged

Of course I don't, but I wanted to hear your thoughts on it. No, I don't think there is some man pulling a magic lever to decide what magic balls are pushed through. But I do believe when dealing with numbers they form undeniable patterns.

What are your thoughts and why?

Of course you don't, and you are WRONG.

Think about it:

All of us - including you - either have or had a 'system' to pick numbers.

'Systems' are used that are defined by things we notice, tendencies we see, 'obvious patterns'.

And those never hit, do they ?

So please tell us - what are YOUR 'undeniable patterns', and if you have NOTICED an 'undeniable pattern', then you have noticed a 'pattern', am I not right ?

So there you have it:  You have noticed an 'undeniable pattern', and you STILL can't win....

So, yes, it's random, if it wasn't random then several folks would be winning the lottery EVERY drawing.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
            Member #41383
            June 16, 2006
            1969 Posts
            Posted: April 4, 2009, 2:41 am - IP Logged

Why ?

Just because you have not won ?

Guess what ?   Billions of tickets have been sold, how many winners have there been ?

Umm, not as many ?

You need to go do the math...

United Kingdom
              Member #31295
              January 27, 2006
              73 Posts
              Posted: April 4, 2009, 4:28 am - IP Logged

Of course you don't, and you are WRONG.

Think about it:

All of us - including you - either have or had a 'system' to pick numbers.

'Systems' are used that are defined by things we notice, tendencies we see, 'obvious patterns'.

And those never hit, do they ?

So please tell us - what are YOUR 'undeniable patterns', and if you have NOTICED an 'undeniable pattern', then you have noticed a 'pattern', am I not right ?

So there you have it:  You have noticed an 'undeniable pattern', and you STILL can't win....

So, yes, it's random, if it wasn't random then several folks would be winning the lottery EVERY drawing.

Perhaps there are people or syndicates that win signiifanct amounts of money often.

But one main issue is that for a supposedly completely random event the outcomes are consistent, ie you you get get very few winners if at all.

Take a look at the Euromillions winnings. Now at allways rolls over several weeks until the jackpot hits 60 - 80 million pounds euros etc. And then you allways have one or two winners of the jackpot. A random event with consistent result where you can predict the outcome - that cant be right????

And as one poster has mentioned, your ticket stub tells them what numbers you put down, when you bought the ticket and where you bought it. Put all of this information on a database and there's lots useful info that can aquired Smile

awwcrap's avatar - moon
                ky
                United States
                Member #37768
                April 19, 2006
                90 Posts
                Posted: April 5, 2009, 4:21 pm - IP Logged

Yesssss,   for the big games it is random,,,,for now

jimjwright's avatar - Yellow 3.png
                  Park City, UT
                  United States
                  Member #69864
                  January 18, 2009
                  993 Posts
                  Posted: April 5, 2009, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

Hello,

My 2 cents on the subject is if something mechanical is involved then there is the potential for bias.  If a computer is doing the RNG then again there is the potential for bias.  So yes I believe that bias probably exists.  On the other hand because the odds are so against us even if bias exists, that a single person would not be able to exploit this bias.  I'm not even sure a syndicate could exploit any bias without requiring a huge inventstment.  I have come up with many theories and seen many short-term trends but if you do enough backtesting from a large pool of draws then usually the theory or bias will fail.  The only thing we have to predict the future is using past draws but even that is subjective because you have to decide how many past draws to use in your system in order to predict the future.  Should I use 50 past draws, 40 draws, ... 5 draws?

Say you see 20 past draws in Pick3 and 0 is not drawn.  For the next draw do you pick 0 because its due or do you not pick it because the trend says not to pick it?  Is your decision based on because your natural personality is postive or is it because its negative.  Kinda of the cup half full or cup half empty way of looking at things.  I think most people graviatate towards decision making in one direction because they have had success doing that from past experiences but that does not mean that they correctly chose the right path its just means that they selected one of many paths.

I have been a software engineer for 20 years.  I can write some software to solve a particular problem to meet a need or timeframe.  I can go back and look at that code 1 year later and wonder to myself what the hell was I smoking when I wrote that code.  Its not that the code is necessarily wrong but that the solution was not that great or inefficient.  So what happened in that 1 year?  Did I get smarter?  Hardly.  What happened is that 1 year later I'm looking at that code with no bias.  I'm looking at the problem with a new set of eyes and a brain that is open to new ideas.  When I solved the problem 1 year earlier I was probably under time constraint and my brain lead me down a single minded pathway towards a solution but not necessarily the best or right solution.

I think the same applies to our lottery pattern recognition that you get caught up going down a single path that any bias that exists will not be found because we already have our own preconceived notion of what the bias is and not open to new intrepretation.  I'm convinced finding lottery bias is going to be a lifetime experience but if someone does find the golden formula please do shareSmile

Jimmy

United States
                    Member #71090
                    February 18, 2009
                    2 Posts
                    Posted: April 6, 2009, 12:30 am - IP Logged

Hi Guys,

I have won lotteries based on my lucky numbers, but never from "research" but I would think it could be done.

For example dont forget the guy who has hit the pick 5 over 20 times. He has to know some sort of a pattern question is which one.

I remember as a child, I could win a big prize if I could dig the right key out of a box that held over 50,000 keys. Well guess what, i trained my hands to learn the pattern, and I picked the right key every time.

I think the lotto, pick 5 and 6, are built on computer programs, that support a level of randomness, that is built from past drawings, and future drawings.

Meaning, I think they look to see what "we" think will hit, and dont use those numbers, but rather look toward the future, and choose numbers we do not think will hit.

There must be some sort of computer program that support randomness, otherwise, we will have all found patterns and hit already, and be sailing on the Mediterrean.

J

United Kingdom
                      Member #31295
                      January 27, 2006
                      73 Posts
                      Posted: April 6, 2009, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

In number prediction it probably depends on how high you set your bar. If you say you can predict with 100% accuracy the next 6 numbers in a 6/49 game then the bar is too high. If you lower the bar and say you can predict 38 numbers that will contain at least 4 winning numbers, then predictions become more realistic.

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                        Chicago
                        United States
                        Member #70678
                        February 8, 2009
                        889 Posts
                        Posted: April 6, 2009, 3:29 pm - IP Logged

hmmm....you may be on to something. I know for myself when I'm looking at my graphs to see what individual numbers have been doing yup... I'm looking for known patterns. And sometimes after looking for a few hours I just want to pick my numbers and be done with it. I think the next time I decide to play some numbers I'm gonna take a few minutes to look at the bigger picture(the whole graph) and try to see if anything catches my attention before I start to focus on individual numbers.

Chicago
                          United States
                          Member #70678
                          February 8, 2009
                          889 Posts
                          Posted: April 6, 2009, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

hmmm....you may be on to something. I know for myself when I'm looking at my graphs to see what individual numbers have been doing yup... I'm looking for known patterns. And sometimes after looking for a few hours I just want to pick my numbers and be done with it. I think the next time I decide to play some numbers I'm gonna take a few minutes to look at the bigger picture(the whole graph) and try to see if anything catches my attention before I start to focus on individual numbers.

This was a reply to Jimmy...sorry I thought I checked  the box to include his message

Chicago
                            United States
                            Member #70678
                            February 8, 2009
                            889 Posts
                            Posted: April 6, 2009, 4:13 pm - IP Logged

Years ago I had a man on my route(per my job) who insisted that the only way to get all 5 numbers on Fantasy Five(CA) was to choose your own numbers. LOL more than once  he said that the computer only lets so many  tickets win. He must of been basing this on the numbers the machine picked for its QP's otherwise the machine would also know his numbers. Anyway he kept a spiral notebook where he wrote the winning numbers and each line would have one or two numbers circled. Every time he showed me his notebook he would point to the last set of numbers and say see this number hit because.....and he would point to the numbers circled in the one or two previous lines. I never could understand his theory. LOL needless to say after that I started  choosing my own numbers.                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Here in IL there is a small lottery pool at work and one of the guys convinced the ticket purchaser that only tickets from affluent areas win so the purchaser will drive out of his way just to buy tickets. It hasn't worked so far.

United States
                              Member #62741
                              July 7, 2008
                              601 Posts
                              Posted: April 7, 2009, 7:45 am - IP Logged

Cash 3 Tn ABSOLUTELY NOT  RNG stands for Rigged Numbers Game! Idont trust computer picked #s games as TN moved drawbreak from 7:18 to 7:10.....why? you answer that C2