Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you Believe Lotteries are Random?

Topic closed. 79 replies. Last post 8 years ago by pick4hawk.

Page 6 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
Texas
United States
Member #55889
October 23, 2007
5766 Posts
Posted: April 7, 2009, 9:26 am - IP Logged

Very nice analysis. Out of curiosity I went through my files on Pick 3 here in Tx.  There have been 2173 midday drawings, and 4837 evening drawings. Six midday drawings a week, six evening drawings a week, no Sundays. Of the midday drawings, there are 111 numbers that have never been drawn. Of the evening drawings, there are only 2 numbers that have never been drawn, 149 and 999. And get this, 149 has NEVER been drawn day or night. So..... random or not? Tx by the way is mechanical ball drop, no RNG.

Take 543. It has played 13 times in the evening draw, never in the midday. Frankly, I believe that mechanical drawings are random, but RNG as shown in Tn may not be random. Not because of any sinister actions by the state, but because computers can be manipulated by accident or otherwise.

I just have never believed that states deliberately try to affect the outcome of drawings, especially the jackpot games, simply because the odds are in their favor. There is no need to alter the outcome.

Final note.... 149 has never played in Tx. If you lived in Tx, would you play 149? It HAS to hit SOMETIME! LOL.

Espanola NM
    United States
    Member #72722
    March 25, 2009
    133 Posts
    Posted: April 7, 2009, 8:13 pm - IP Logged

Anytime large amounts of winnings are at stake.....I use to wonder if perhaps the system was fixed and if randomness was just a farse.   But since I every so often read of "less fortunate" people winning via press releases.   I figure the only reason I personally have never won s solely due to the insormountable odds in the particular lottery

pick4hawk's avatar - Trek HAND3.gif

United States
      Member #19982
      August 9, 2005
      226 Posts
      Posted: April 19, 2009, 10:50 am - IP Logged

To weigh in on the idea if things are random. well quick pick for me is out.

The actual game is more random but if all controls were know to the public then would still play?

dlg0120's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
        dearborn,MI
        United States
        Member #68806
        December 30, 2008
        3 Posts
        Posted: April 19, 2009, 11:18 am - IP Logged

Yes they are ramdom

that's why there are odds right!!!

pick4hawk's avatar - Trek HAND3.gif

United States
          Member #19982
          August 9, 2005
          226 Posts
          Posted: April 19, 2009, 11:47 am - IP Logged

no everything has a bias.

looking for it can lead to failure or for some success.