Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Winning Lottery System

Topic closed. 123 replies. Last post 7 years ago by GASMETERGUY.

Page 9 of 9
PrintE-mailLink

If you developed a 100% winning system, would lotteries change thier game?

Yes!! [ 43 ]  [36.13%]
No [ 11 ]  [9.24%]
Why advertise it? [ 9 ]  [7.56%]
Keep it to yourself [ 38 ]  [31.93%]
Share with friends and family [ 9 ]  [7.56%]
Sell it [ 3 ]  [2.52%]
Give it away to everyone [ 6 ]  [5.04%]
Total Valid Votes [ 119 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
Member #47420
November 4, 2006
3930 Posts
Posted: April 11, 2010, 9:54 pm - IP Logged

Yes, so would I. 

And you're right; the 90% group.  But that is not a guess.  You just used your brain power to develop a system based upon what the coin flip was trying to tell you.  Yes, tiggs, as much as you might hate having done so, you just developed a system.  You picked the 90% group because the patterns you saw were skewed toward one end of the Bell curve and your common sense told you there was money to be had with the 90% group.

And you said there was no such thing as a system and never will be.  Or was that Tennessee Ridge Runner?

Hey,everybody, tiggs just developed a system.  Go up high on the mountain and proclaim the news to the world.  tiggs developed a system.

ridge runner has never said anything..tiggs has a system!!..All he has to do now is flip a coin 90% of the time tales and he will win a jakpot..tiggs thanks you GASMETERGUY your the best..Can tiggs borrow a quarter now..:):)..

NASHVILLE, TENN
    United States
    Member #33372
    February 20, 2006
    1044 Posts
    Posted: April 11, 2010, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

Good, funny, answer.  I enjoyed it.   But the fact remains, you used your brain power to make a decision.  You did not just trust to luck.  Lotto can be cracked using the same deductive logic.  Go for it.   What else do you have to do?

CA
      United States
      Member #84266
      December 26, 2009
      410 Posts
      Posted: April 11, 2010, 10:05 pm - IP Logged

The troubling part of this statement tells me you are concentrating on the ping pong ball.  In my sagacious opinion, that is not where your eyes should be. 

Take the flip of a coin.  If all you watch is the coin arching into the air, then ou will miss the ending.  If all you note is whether heads or tails lands skyward, then you are missing what the flip is trying to tell you.  We all know that heads or tails will come up 50% of the time.  Using that fact, we could make a more sound judgment about what will come up.  We might be wrong; we might be right.  That is not the point.  We used our powers of deductive reasoning to make a prediction.  We did not just pull an answer out of the air and then complain because we predicted wrong or celebrate because we guess right.  We used our brains (and promptly lost our shirts).

Actually we only think we know that heads or tails will come up 50% of the time. There are a lot of variables in a coin flip and they are never exactly the same so predicting the outcome 100% is impossible. It's the same with the lottery.

NASHVILLE, TENN
        United States
        Member #33372
        February 20, 2006
        1044 Posts
        Posted: April 11, 2010, 10:24 pm - IP Logged

There have been too many studies using a coin flip not to know that heads and tails will come close (within statistical significance) to 50-50.  So allow me to disagree with you on that point.

As to being impossible to predict, I must agree with you.  You might be right some of the time; wrong the rest of the time.  Staying with either heads or tails would be the best option.  But there is no money in doing that.

So what does "being impossible to predict" tell us?  There is a lesson here; a fact which I spent 5 years working on before realizing the futility of my efforts.