Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 3:58 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Something to think about: You would not have necessarily won.

Topic closed. 99 replies. Last post 7 years ago by CutlassBob.

Page 1 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
Indiana
United States
Member #48725
January 7, 2007
1954 Posts
Posted: April 7, 2010, 6:19 pm - IP Logged

Just something I've kinda been thinking about. Every so often I hear someone say they forgot to play their numbers or something to that degree, and that they would have won "$xxx" or whatever, and after they find out they seem to be quite upset. It happened once to a buddy of mine that didn't play his Pick 4 numbers straight. He assumed that had he played, he would have won $5,000. Unfortunately, these people are looking at the results after the fact that they didn't play, not considering what the numbers would have been after the fact had they played. They are assuming that had they played, they would have won.

What these people need to do is think scientifically about what has happened. They need to understand that everything in the universe affects everything else. Everything that happens creates a shockwave of events that come after it. For example, if you're in a store and need to go somewhere else in that store, and there's more than one way to get there, the path you take, the things you come across and how you react to those events all affect everything in the universe. If you go one way, you might see someone stealing something, so you let someone know, the cops get called, you're questioned, blah, blah, blah, etc, etc. If you go the other way, you might see a friend you haven't seen in a while. From there more things can happen.

But wait. Things get broken down further. You see your friend, but they don't see you. You could just go about your business and go about your day and let them go about their day, or you could end up saying something to them and end up carrying on a conversation for 10 minutes. But if you do decide to have a conversation, think about all the things that could have happened had you not decided to. Your friend would have been doing things so much differently. They might have gotten to their car earlier and while they were going down the road, someone ran a red light and ran into them and they died, and because they died, there's a funeral, so the family takes a path of going to the funeral, which changes their life, etc, etc. There are so many things that can happen.

Again, it doesn't just affect everything in the same room, or the same building, or the same city, or the same country, or even just the world. It affects the entire universe. Think six degrees of separation, but on a much bigger scale. So remember, had you taken the time to play those numbers, you would have created a shockwave of events that more than likely would have led to those numbers not being drawn at all. Again, not necessarily. I mean, after all, you did buy a ticket, so the chance is still there. You can still win or lose.

It only takes one little thing to change those numbers. It could because you blinked, or someone held their breath, or a dog barked. That's all it takes. One little thing. Everything affects everything else. Remember, the numbers are after the fact.

Gonna win.Big Smile

Honduras
    Member #20982
    August 29, 2005
    4715 Posts
    Posted: April 7, 2010, 6:51 pm - IP Logged

VERY, VERY INTERESTING...thanks...i was reading your post and i thought, how about the second per minute that the machine feeds the numbers into the computer in the gas station...like if you wasnt first in line then the second person would had been and it will had cause a different reaction...Dont know if the lottery plays based on what it has been fed meaning it is able to track every entry submitted and plays accordingly...

Not trying to brag but i have a system that overcomes that (no it doesnt cost $20 or 100 tickets)....

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

United States
      Member #75358
      June 1, 2009
      5345 Posts
      Posted: April 7, 2010, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

Just something I've kinda been thinking about. Every so often I hear someone say they forgot to play their numbers or something to that degree, and that they would have won "$xxx" or whatever, and after they find out they seem to be quite upset. It happened once to a buddy of mine that didn't play his Pick 4 numbers straight. He assumed that had he played, he would have won $5,000. Unfortunately, these people are looking at the results after the fact that they didn't play, not considering what the numbers would have been after the fact had they played. They are assuming that had they played, they would have won.

What these people need to do is think scientifically about what has happened. They need to understand that everything in the universe affects everything else. Everything that happens creates a shockwave of events that come after it. For example, if you're in a store and need to go somewhere else in that store, and there's more than one way to get there, the path you take, the things you come across and how you react to those events all affect everything in the universe. If you go one way, you might see someone stealing something, so you let someone know, the cops get called, you're questioned, blah, blah, blah, etc, etc. If you go the other way, you might see a friend you haven't seen in a while. From there more things can happen.

But wait. Things get broken down further. You see your friend, but they don't see you. You could just go about your business and go about your day and let them go about their day, or you could end up saying something to them and end up carrying on a conversation for 10 minutes. But if you do decide to have a conversation, think about all the things that could have happened had you not decided to. Your friend would have been doing things so much differently. They might have gotten to their car earlier and while they were going down the road, someone ran a red light and ran into them and they died, and because they died, there's a funeral, so the family takes a path of going to the funeral, which changes their life, etc, etc. There are so many things that can happen.

Again, it doesn't just affect everything in the same room, or the same building, or the same city, or the same country, or even just the world. It affects the entire universe. Think six degrees of separation, but on a much bigger scale. So remember, had you taken the time to play those numbers, you would have created a shockwave of events that more than likely would have led to those numbers not being drawn at all. Again, not necessarily. I mean, after all, you did buy a ticket, so the chance is still there. You can still win or lose.

It only takes one little thing to change those numbers. It could because you blinked, or someone held their breath, or a dog barked. That's all it takes. One little thing. Everything affects everything else. Remember, the numbers are after the fact.

You're talking about the butterfly effect.

But buying a ticket at a store doesn't create any shock waves. It happened to me last saturday. I had my 12 sets of pick-3 numbers to play in my back pocket, but never palyed them that night. Had I gone to the store and played them, I would have won 40 bucks, spending 6 bucks for a 34 dollar profit. Are you telling me that If I did decide to go to the store, the number had the possibilty of not hitting because of my involvement in the great scheme of things in the universe? I think not......lol

But I do understand what you are saying in the general sense.

United States
        Member #75358
        June 1, 2009
        5345 Posts
        Posted: April 7, 2010, 7:33 pm - IP Logged

VERY, VERY INTERESTING...thanks...i was reading your post and i thought, how about the second per minute that the machine feeds the numbers into the computer in the gas station...like if you wasnt first in line then the second person would had been and it will had cause a different reaction...Dont know if the lottery plays based on what it has been fed meaning it is able to track every entry submitted and plays accordingly...

Not trying to brag but i have a system that overcomes that (no it doesnt cost $20 or 100 tickets)....

You would be correct if the person at the gas station was playing QPs, and you think the lottery officials are conspiring to make sure a set of numbers won't show.....lol but I think he/she was talking about actual numbers the player was using, their own numbers. I don't believe the actual involvement of a person playing distorts the universe. At least in this case.

But I do believe in the butterfly effect in general, just not in this case.

Honduras
          Member #20982
          August 29, 2005
          4715 Posts
          Posted: April 7, 2010, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

such effect occurs everyday in everyday life in a larger scale it occurs in the lottery but i dont think it occurs in the lottey in a larger scale....

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Indiana
            United States
            Member #48725
            January 7, 2007
            1954 Posts
            Posted: April 7, 2010, 7:39 pm - IP Logged

You're talking about the butterfly effect.

But buying a ticket at a store doesn't create any shock waves. It happened to me last saturday. I had my 12 sets of pick-3 numbers to play in my back pocket, but never palyed them that night. Had I gone to the store and played them, I would have won 40 bucks, spending 6 bucks for a 34 dollar profit. Are you telling me that If I did decide to go to the store, the number had the possibilty of not hitting because of my involvement in the great scheme of things in the universe? I think not......lol

But I do understand what you are saying in the general sense.

That's exactly what I'm saying. And yes, it does create a shockwave because you're changing everything that's around you. It's just not something that is immediately apparent. Think about the people that are around you in the store. Think about the people you would have been driving in front of and the people behind you. The turns you took. The way people were reacting to the way you behave. It spreads out. And what they do spreads out. It all changes everything.

Gonna win.Big Smile

Honduras
              Member #20982
              August 29, 2005
              4715 Posts
              Posted: April 7, 2010, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

this reminds me of the different colors each individual like...if orange is your favorite color if you walk in a room or outside the first thing your eyes are going to set eyes on is whatever has the color orange, then your second favorite color then third and if is not the case you will set eyes on everything else but you will remember more that which had your favorite color and so you will go about the world remember more things that have the color that you like...Someone who likes the color green will pick up more stuff with the color green or will remember things more with the color green and will experience the world differently...If you change your NAME it will alter your course that you was going to take had your name been different...i also think about it as: EYESIGHT...suppose glasses didnt exist, we all will be seeing the world differently and remember stuff differently....

United States
                Member #75358
                June 1, 2009
                5345 Posts
                Posted: April 7, 2010, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

That's exactly what I'm saying. And yes, it does create a shockwave because you're changing everything that's around you. It's just not something that is immediately apparent. Think about the people that are around you in the store. Think about the people you would have been driving in front of and the people behind you. The turns you took. The way people were reacting to the way you behave. It spreads out. And what they do spreads out. It all changes everything.

I live in Southwest florida, which is located about a 5 hour drive to Tallahassee, where they draw the numbers. The people around me at the store or near where I'm driving to the store won't affect the lottery officials 500 miles away.

Now, If i personally knew who the person who actually hits the release buttons for the ping pong balls, and I interrupted him or her a few minutes before the drawing, that might affect the draw results because he or she may turn the machine on a few minutes later due to the fact I puuled that person aside and talked to him. Maybe when the machine was being turned on affects what the machine will spit out. Other than some scenerio similar to this, I don't believe it's possible to affect something that's 500 miles away.

The butterfly ffect deals with a butterfly flapping it's wings, possibly causing a hurricane to form a week or so later or whenever. That is possible because air is fluid, and wind can carry for hundreds of miles in a day or 2 or 3.

Even though I agree with your example friend being hit by a red light runner, even that I have problems with. First, the odds of getting hit by a redlight runner and being killed is so rare in itself. Multiply the odds of actually taking the time to not talk with a friend you see at the store, making him leave the store earlier, times the odds of that person being in the wrong place at the wrong time would equal to many millions to one.

New York,
                  Panama
                  Member #73078
                  April 4, 2009
                  3490 Posts
                  Posted: April 7, 2010, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

The future outcome is determined by my present behaviour; meaning, every action that I do is so sensitive that it changes the end result or outcome; Affecting the Universe?hmmmm!

Yes,  iF The "Butterfly effect" does not apply:  Future behaviour outcome. Sensitive dependance on initial conditions! If this is what you are saying Guru;  it's kind of close to The butterfly effect maybe we will need joker to clarify!   Interesting none the less!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Indiana
                    United States
                    Member #48725
                    January 7, 2007
                    1954 Posts
                    Posted: April 7, 2010, 8:11 pm - IP Logged

I live in Southwest florida, which is located about a 5 hour drive to Tallahassee, where they draw the numbers. The people around me at the store or near where I'm driving to the store won't affect the lottery officials 500 miles away.

Now, If i personally knew who the person who actually hits the release buttons for the ping pong balls, and I interrupted him or her a few minutes before the drawing, that might affect the draw results because he or she may turn the machine on a few minutes later due to the fact I puuled that person aside and talked to him. Maybe when the machine was being turned on affects what the machine will spit out. Other than some scenerio similar to this, I don't believe it's possible to affect something that's 500 miles away.

The butterfly ffect deals with a butterfly flapping it's wings, possibly causing a hurricane to form a week or so later or whenever. That is possible because air is fluid, and wind can carry for hundreds of miles in a day or 2 or 3.

Even though I agree with your example friend being hit by a red light runner, even that I have problems with. First, the odds of getting hit by a redlight runner and being killed is so rare in itself. Multiply the odds of actually taking the time to not talk with a friend you see at the store, making him leave the store earlier, times the odds of that person being in the wrong place at the wrong time would equal to many millions to one.

It certainly does affect people that are 500 miles away. It affects people across the world. I don't believe I'm drawing the picture very clear to you. Remember, it spreads out. Put a puzzle together. Put it on a slick surface. Now put your finger on just one of those pieces. Now move that one piece. All the other pieces of the puzzle will move with that piece that you're moving. It's all tied together. Me and you are tied together right at this very moment.

Gonna win.Big Smile

CA
                      United States
                      Member #84266
                      December 26, 2009
                      410 Posts
                      Posted: April 7, 2010, 8:13 pm - IP Logged

IMO I don't think our daily actions affects something that is as random as lottery drawings.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                        Texas
                        United States
                        Member #86154
                        January 30, 2010
                        1649 Posts
                        Posted: April 7, 2010, 8:13 pm - IP Logged

What does it change, specifically? I mean, outside of you driving to the local corner store, grocery store, etc. and giving the clerk your tickets /money, what happens??? They take your money after your selections/QP's have been played, give you your tickets, and tell you good luck. You're now in the running, along with everyone else in the world who played, to win on the game you played.

The people in the store are from various "walks of the day" i.e just got off work, going to work maybe, passing through to get a cold brewski, getting gas, cigs, and you name it it's being done. None of this has anything to do with playing numbers unless a conversation strikes up regarding numbers and someone has won there before which may promt others to try their hand on Pick 3 or a scratch-off.

I mean, I've really been trying to make something out of this and see what you're getting at. But, I can't. Also, a person can't know if they would've won unless they have a specific list of numbers which they play faithfully and see them drawn...after having not played them. This cannot apply to QP's in any way whatsoever.

If I'm missing something here, please let me know. I honestly enjoy learning new things.

L.L.

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                          Chicago
                          United States
                          Member #70678
                          February 8, 2009
                          889 Posts
                          Posted: April 7, 2010, 8:15 pm - IP Logged

I'm with joker on this one!

Although I agree that what we do has a ripple effect.... I don't think if I bought tickets it would change the outcome of the numbers......hmm unless a higher power didn't want me to win.

To all the people who say "if only".....if doesn't count! It really doesn't matter because you didn't!

United States
                            Member #75358
                            June 1, 2009
                            5345 Posts
                            Posted: April 7, 2010, 8:17 pm - IP Logged

It certainly does affect people that are 500 miles away. It affects people across the world. I don't believe I'm drawing the picture very clear to you. Remember, it spreads out. Put a puzzle together. Put it on a slick surface. Now put your finger on just one of those pieces. Now move that one piece. All the other pieces of the puzzle will move with that piece that you're moving. It's all tied together. Me and you are tied together right at this very moment.

Sure, those pieces of the puzzle are close to each other, not 500 miles away.

But I see now. You're talking about Quantum physics, and how distance doesn't matter. They have already proven that they can influence an electron particle many many miles away. They reversed an electron's rotation, and the other electron which was somehow related to the first one changed it's rotation to the same direction. Now that's weird stuff.

Indiana
                              United States
                              Member #48725
                              January 7, 2007
                              1954 Posts
                              Posted: April 7, 2010, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

IMO I don't think our daily actions affects something that is as random as lottery drawings.

This is where it's not so apparent. It not just what you do that counts, it's what you don't do. And when you're not doing one thing, you're doing something else. So you're changing everything else that happens.

Gonna win.Big Smile