Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Something to think about: You would not have necessarily won.

Topic closed. 99 replies. Last post 7 years ago by CutlassBob.

Page 5 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
Member #47420
November 4, 2006
3930 Posts
Posted: April 8, 2010, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

rd and I  kissed and made up, you know what a Honey jar he is!Lovies 

and  you will stand infront of the teller with KY State Lottery Check in

Hand and watch how suddenly and like magic, you become Mr. His royalty

highness Mr. Tiggs!! Tiggs It's Inevitable!!

The brain explained what inevitable meant..Hope that wasen't a shot you know tiggs has a tender heart..Now did you chew ridge out for puting faith in Rick G rather then put faith in God All Mighty???...Speak to tiggs??..

New York,
    Panama
    Member #73078
    April 4, 2009
    3490 Posts
    Posted: April 8, 2010, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

tiggs says thank you jrosina..:)...

Yes tiggs,  I care for you!!Smile

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

New York,
      Panama
      Member #73078
      April 4, 2009
      3490 Posts
      Posted: April 8, 2010, 4:59 pm - IP Logged

The brain explained what inevitable meant..Hope that wasen't a shot you know tiggs has a tender heart..Now did you chew ridge out for puting faith in Rick G rather then put faith in God All Mighty???...Speak to tiggs??..

Well I think he knows that already Tiggs!  so I gave him a break, you know how sensitive he is, anything can send him off the deep end and to the Jack Daniels, so I was not going to cause  the "Butterfly effect" happening to my rd!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
        Member #47420
        November 4, 2006
        3930 Posts
        Posted: April 8, 2010, 4:59 pm - IP Logged

Yes tiggs,  I care for you!!Smile

tiggs feels much better..You have a sweet heart jrosina..Anyone who can care for tiggs like you and the brain is something else and you are something else..:):):)..Nice to see dr65 here today..She likes tiggs so he must be doing something right to have two posters who like him..Now tiggs needs numbers..He played last nights numbers again already..Last time for them unless he bust something and he will,right??..:)

United States
          Member #47420
          November 4, 2006
          3930 Posts
          Posted: April 8, 2010, 5:03 pm - IP Logged

Well I think he knows that already Tiggs!  so I gave him a break, you know how sensitive he is, anything can send him off the deep end and to the Jack Daniels, so I was not going to cause  the "Butterfly effect" happening to my rd!

How can a drunk have a sensitive heart?..And how can anything send him back to the Jack Daniels when he's never off it..It's ok tiggs understands you have a sweet heart..

New York,
            Panama
            Member #73078
            April 4, 2009
            3490 Posts
            Posted: April 8, 2010, 5:12 pm - IP Logged

How can a drunk have a sensitive heart?..And how can anything send him back to the Jack Daniels when he's never off it..It's ok tiggs understands you have a sweet heart..

HAHAHAHAHAHhaaLMHoooooooooooooooo OOOH OOOH OOHHhhaha. oh goodnesss! Tiggs For heaven  sakes you are funny!!!LOLBig SmileBig SmileROFLBig SmileGreen laugh

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
              Member #47420
              November 4, 2006
              3930 Posts
              Posted: April 8, 2010, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

HAHAHAHAHAHhaaLMHoooooooooooooooo OOOH OOOH OOHHhhaha. oh goodnesss! Tiggs For heaven  sakes you are funny!!!LOLBig SmileBig SmileROFLBig SmileGreen laugh

see yah later..Good luck<<<--------:)

DEE88's avatar - animal doggy2.jpg
                PA
                United States
                Member #69849
                January 18, 2009
                15101 Posts
                Posted: April 8, 2010, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

Hello tiggs and rdgrnr.... just thought I would jump in here and add a little humor to the thread...there isn't any thread that I haven't read about the 2 of you that didn't make me bust out laughing...

Have either one of you thought about doing comedy together....cause you sure would both make a whole lot of money doing it and have alot of people listening to you.......lol

Maybe you could start one of your own here and call it...Laurel and Hardy.....no offense...unless you have a better name for it....or better yet..get people to come up with a name for both of you...you both make people laugh everyday and they say laughter is good....

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                  Indiana
                  United States
                  Member #48725
                  January 7, 2007
                  1958 Posts
                  Posted: April 8, 2010, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

I'm 100% with Guru on this one. Of course we can never really be positive about the actual difference, because we only see (some of) the one set of occurrences that actually happen, but lets' start by considering what we can be sure of.

In one  timeline I go and buy a MM ticket later this afternoon. In another imaginary timeline I don't. Here's a partial list of things that I know will be different in that other timeline. I don't open and close the car door, so I don't create minor disturbances in the air (pretty much the starting point for the butterfly effect theory). I don't use the stored energy from the battery to start the car, so I don't increase the universe's entropy. I don't pull out of the driveway and change the flow of traffic. Down the road at the 4 way stop the order in which every other driver proceeds is changed. They all get where they're going at a slightly different time, and their effect on every other motorist is slightly different. Those motorists affect other people slightly differently, and the ripple spreads. At the store I won't be opening the door. Maybe that  affects somebody else going in or out. I won't be standing on line, so somebody else gets waited on sooner. They leave and get somewhere else sooner, affecting traffic as they go.  The clerk has an extra minute of time to do something else. The lottery terminal  doesn't read my play slip, and it doesn't send a message to the central computer at lottery HQ. Less electricity gets used, again resulting in less increase in entropy. The computer at HQ doesn't create a record of the numbers I would have played. When that database gets backed up it's different, and all entries that are no longer after mine get written to a different location. Again, less electricty is used and I've changed the entropy of the entire universe.

Meanwhile, I'm at home doing something else. Maybe it's posting here, and maybe that changes who reads what. Maybe it means several of you read for an extra  minute, and buy your own tickets at a different time. Now I've changed your lives and the lives of everyone you subsequently come into contact with. The ripples continue to spread.

It's easy to say that some things won't change: The Earth will continue to revolve at the same rate, the tides and phases of the moon will be the same, and it will still take 365.242 days to orbit the sun and get back to where we are now. Gravity and the speed of light aren't going to change, because those are things that are fixed by physical laws. In reality, some of them actually are changing, albeit very slowly. Eventually the rotation of the earth will slow to the point that the moon will orbit  it in one (much longer) day. The weight of the water impounded by the Three Gorges Dam will affect the rotation of the Earth, slowing it slightly. The effect is extremely small, but  driving your car to a different elevation or a different distance from the equator also has a (very small) effect on the Earth's rotation. I can't think of any reason that rates of atomic decay would change even  in the least, but I can't easily think of many things where I dont see a valid reason for at least some change.

Again, we're only guessing about some of the possible differences, but let's consider the things that might be the same. Why does anyone expect them to be the same? What's the rational argumentfor that? We're considering hypothetical events, so why would anyone assume  they should be the same  in some other timeline with so many other differences? In our hypothetical we know with absolute certainty that many things are different, so how is there any logical basis for thinking that so many other things that could be different won't be? You're simply assuming that unless you can exlain why the change comes about that there is no change. Unless you think that lottery results are somehow preordained I don'tsee any reason to think that they are somehow exempt from the extremely long list of things that would, or could, change.

That's an awesome explanation KY Floyd.

This is a line from the movie Next with Nicolas Cage:

"Here's the thing about the future. Every time you look at it, it changes, because you looked at it. And that, changes everything else."

Lottery machines must obey the same laws of physics as everything else. The slightest difference in timing or position of anything can change what happens. So remember, if you ever happen to forget to play your numbers and they win, think about everything you would have changed had you took the time to actually play them.

Gonna win.Big Smile

United States
                    Member #47420
                    November 4, 2006
                    3930 Posts
                    Posted: April 8, 2010, 7:37 pm - IP Logged

Hello tiggs and rdgrnr.... just thought I would jump in here and add a little humor to the thread...there isn't any thread that I haven't read about the 2 of you that didn't make me bust out laughing...

Have either one of you thought about doing comedy together....cause you sure would both make a whole lot of money doing it and have alot of people listening to you.......lol

Maybe you could start one of your own here and call it...Laurel and Hardy.....no offense...unless you have a better name for it....or better yet..get people to come up with a name for both of you...you both make people laugh everyday and they say laughter is good....

Hey DEE what's up?..Yes ridge runner is a good natured slob..Maybe we would make a good team and he could be Charley McCarthy..Gotta get in the shower tiggs is a bit dirty..

DEE88's avatar - animal doggy2.jpg
                      PA
                      United States
                      Member #69849
                      January 18, 2009
                      15101 Posts
                      Posted: April 8, 2010, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

Hey DEE what's up?..Yes ridge runner is a good natured slob..Maybe we would make a good team and he could be Charley McCarthy..Gotta get in the shower tiggs is a bit dirty..

Nothing much tiggs....just getting my laughter for the day with you and ridge...before the nite ends...so how have you been...?  Staying out of trouble...?

Well at least you are giving it some thought....well I wish you success in what ever you do....Good Luck...oops...there's that word again....

United States
                        Member #47420
                        November 4, 2006
                        3930 Posts
                        Posted: April 8, 2010, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

Nothing much tiggs....just getting my laughter for the day with you and ridge...before the nite ends...so how have you been...?  Staying out of trouble...?

Well at least you are giving it some thought....well I wish you success in what ever you do....Good Luck...oops...there's that word again....

tiggs got into some trouble last night here and glad you wasen't here to see his blood..ridge is on but we guess he want's to be begged to post?..

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                          CA
                          United States
                          Member #57222
                          December 23, 2007
                          587 Posts
                          Posted: April 9, 2010, 10:10 am - IP Logged

Hey Guru,
                          I believe your point in everything EXCEPT the lottery.  We all know that if you were at a slot machine playing for many hours, walk away then see someone sit down at "your" machine and hit the jackpot---- it would not neccessarily mean that you would have won.

But in your original sentance, if you are playing the same numbers for years and they hit on the day you didn't play--- unless the lottery IS INDEED MANIPULATED to have non played numbers drawn as the winners, then you would have won had you played.

Case in point.  there was a day a few months ago, that i was not going to stop by the store and play just because i was lazy.  They are my regular numbers.  At the last minute I went into the store and played.  YES I won 3 of 5.  Had I not played, I would not have won.
                          It happened also when I finally gave up on a pick 4 strait.  It hit and I didnt play.  But unless the lottery officials go behind the scenes in that last fifteen minutes to somehow draw only numbers that werent played as the winners,  I would have won.

I do somehow believe in destiny when it comes to the lottery.  I always think of Bob Sehested,  It was his destiny to get that $500k.  even when it was stolen,  the lottery officials tracked him down.  How many times have we heard that retailers get away with stealing customers winnings?  Lottery officials searched for HIM, how odd is that?

Sometimes when I think of why I havent won the jackpot,-- yet,  I then ask,  what  is the negative  result that God, Destiny,  or Fate, may be protecting me from by NOT having me win?  Or am I supposed to win it ten years from now so that I will be able to help someone I will only meet in the future?  I now try to look at my losses at  "Its just not the time."

I always say, I feel  strongly about my winning Fantasy Five some day.  I dont pray for it or anything.  Its just going to happen.  The weird thing is I don't feel the same about Super lotto plus.  Sure I play, but  The feeling is non existant by comparison.  When you think of the differences in the jackpot sizes you'd think that odd, but its true.  Just like  Cynthia Stafford with Mega Millions,  I even know the amount.  But i'll keep that to myself if its okay.  I also don't know when---i just know I will.

I only pray that the Lottery is not fixed somehow.  I know its a business, but cheating players  & putting legislative thumbs on the scale for profit is unforgivable.  But i will still play,  especially Fantasy Five--- that feeling is too strong.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                            Indiana
                            United States
                            Member #48725
                            January 7, 2007
                            1958 Posts
                            Posted: April 9, 2010, 2:16 pm - IP Logged

Hey Guru,
                            I believe your point in everything EXCEPT the lottery.  We all know that if you were at a slot machine playing for many hours, walk away then see someone sit down at "your" machine and hit the jackpot---- it would not neccessarily mean that you would have won.

But in your original sentance, if you are playing the same numbers for years and they hit on the day you didn't play--- unless the lottery IS INDEED MANIPULATED to have non played numbers drawn as the winners, then you would have won had you played.

Case in point.  there was a day a few months ago, that i was not going to stop by the store and play just because i was lazy.  They are my regular numbers.  At the last minute I went into the store and played.  YES I won 3 of 5.  Had I not played, I would not have won.
                            It happened also when I finally gave up on a pick 4 strait.  It hit and I didnt play.  But unless the lottery officials go behind the scenes in that last fifteen minutes to somehow draw only numbers that werent played as the winners,  I would have won.

I do somehow believe in destiny when it comes to the lottery.  I always think of Bob Sehested,  It was his destiny to get that $500k.  even when it was stolen,  the lottery officials tracked him down.  How many times have we heard that retailers get away with stealing customers winnings?  Lottery officials searched for HIM, how odd is that?

Sometimes when I think of why I havent won the jackpot,-- yet,  I then ask,  what  is the negative  result that God, Destiny,  or Fate, may be protecting me from by NOT having me win?  Or am I supposed to win it ten years from now so that I will be able to help someone I will only meet in the future?  I now try to look at my losses at  "Its just not the time."

I always say, I feel  strongly about my winning Fantasy Five some day.  I dont pray for it or anything.  Its just going to happen.  The weird thing is I don't feel the same about Super lotto plus.  Sure I play, but  The feeling is non existant by comparison.  When you think of the differences in the jackpot sizes you'd think that odd, but its true.  Just like  Cynthia Stafford with Mega Millions,  I even know the amount.  But i'll keep that to myself if its okay.  I also don't know when---i just know I will.

I only pray that the Lottery is not fixed somehow.  I know its a business, but cheating players  & putting legislative thumbs on the scale for profit is unforgivable.  But i will still play,  especially Fantasy Five--- that feeling is too strong.

Lottocalgal, I'm not claiming that the lottery is rigged. That's not what I'm saying. What I'm talking about is something completely different. This goes beyond any type of rigging. What I'm saying is, that the results are after the fact. If you actually went to the store, you would have changed a lot of things, and it would have spread out. Things would have changed their position and speed. Those things would have affected everything and it just spreads and spreads. In fact, you wouldn't even need to go to the store. It could be any number of things that you do.

You said you won 3 out of 5, and that if you hadn't bought the ticket, you wouldn't have won. The reason you wouldn't have won is simply because you didn't buy the ticket at all. That doesn't mean that the numbers drawn would have been the same if you didn't. If you didn't buy the ticket, the numbers could have been different. It works the other way around too. In fact, it works every which way. That's why the butterfly effect is part of chaos theory.

Gonna win.Big Smile

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                              CA
                              United States
                              Member #57222
                              December 23, 2007
                              587 Posts
                              Posted: April 9, 2010, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

Lottocalgal, I'm not claiming that the lottery is rigged. That's not what I'm saying. What I'm talking about is something completely different. This goes beyond any type of rigging. What I'm saying is, that the results are after the fact. If you actually went to the store, you would have changed a lot of things, and it would have spread out. Things would have changed their position and speed. Those things would have affected everything and it just spreads and spreads. In fact, you wouldn't even need to go to the store. It could be any number of things that you do.

You said you won 3 out of 5, and that if you hadn't bought the ticket, you wouldn't have won. The reason you wouldn't have won is simply because you didn't buy the ticket at all. That doesn't mean that the numbers drawn would have been the same if you didn't. If you didn't buy the ticket, the numbers could have been different. It works the other way around too. In fact, it works every which way. That's why the butterfly effect is part of chaos theory.

Guru,

You're going to get me fired.   LOL.   I had to go online and research  Chaos theory!   Never heard of that. ( did see The Butterfly Effect movie but thats  it.

Also, I know you didnt claim the lottery is fixed,   its Just just my personal fear.  But your reasoning is kinda why I don't buy QPs often.  Even though they are the most winners  I look at it this way....

You have to be at the right retailer, In the right city
                              On the right day,
                              At the right time

And be  served at the right second the terminal spits out the winning numbers.  Too me that is ONLY DESTINY or luck.  QPs can be for ANYONE to win.

With my own numbers,  All I have to do is play them any time, anywhere  If they come up, I win.  Not saying my odds are BETTER, just the  parameters are lowered.

What are your thoughts?