Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 1:37 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Something to think about: You would not have necessarily won.

Topic closed. 99 replies. Last post 7 years ago by CutlassBob.

Page 7 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
CA
United States
Member #57222
December 23, 2007
587 Posts
Posted: April 13, 2010, 10:02 am - IP Logged

That's not what I mean lottocalgal. What I mean is that you playing on that day could have changed the results completely. Or perhaps those numbers would have still been drawn. I'm not claiming those numbers were not possible at all had you played. But it wouldn't necessarily have to be playing that day, it could have been something else you did that day that could have changed the results. Maybe you decided to go see a family member, or go somewhere, or perhaps something as simple as making a phone call to someone. It all spreads out. You are affecting other people and objects around you, which affects the time and position that they affect other people and objects. And it just spreads.

Then I am thinking that maybe the lottery is not about luck or skill or algorythms or anything except Destiny.  For some reason,  my winning ( or God fobid ) NOT winning the lottery, like everything else,  is just part of the plan for my very existance.  Not just my existance but everyone elses?    Any movement in my life will effect someone or something else?     So there is a timeline of events in my life that may effect others ( or even the world) and that may or maynot include a lottery win. 

Then like I posted earlier, the reason that I have not won the lottery so far means that it is simply NOT the right moment in the timeline of my existance.  And that the timing of my win may effect the life of someone else? (or even something else)

Oh and just do you know Guru,  my being on the LP website and reading your initial post, has caused me to do some serious ( no joking) research on the Chaos Theory.  Talk about an event occuring that changes the movements of a stranger.     Had I not been interested in the lottery and finally stumbling on this website, and reading your post, I may not have begun to study The Chaos Theory.   (which may effect either my life or someone elses life in the future.)

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
    Harbinger
    D.C./MD.
    United States
    Member #44103
    July 30, 2006
    5583 Posts
    Posted: April 13, 2010, 10:16 am - IP Logged

Then I am thinking that maybe the lottery is not about luck or skill or algorythms or anything except Destiny.  For some reason,  my winning ( or God fobid ) NOT winning the lottery, like everything else,  is just part of the plan for my very existance.  Not just my existance but everyone elses?    Any movement in my life will effect someone or something else?     So there is a timeline of events in my life that may effect others ( or even the world) and that may or maynot include a lottery win. 

Then like I posted earlier, the reason that I have not won the lottery so far means that it is simply NOT the right moment in the timeline of my existance.  And that the timing of my win may effect the life of someone else? (or even something else)

Oh and just do you know Guru,  my being on the LP website and reading your initial post, has caused me to do some serious ( no joking) research on the Chaos Theory.  Talk about an event occuring that changes the movements of a stranger.     Had I not been interested in the lottery and finally stumbling on this website, and reading your post, I may not have begun to study The Chaos Theory.   (which may effect either my life or someone elses life in the future.)

All the chaos is all that,  but the axiom that 'history repeats itself' also has to do with chaos, in that chaos has a rhythm also!  Most US history books leave out certain events for eg. what led to the mini depression during the early 1900's and what led to great depression ie: "progressivism".   It is left out because they (the progressives)  want to go down this road again expecting different results..................................................remember as Einstein said something to this effect: "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is a sign of insanity!"

Kaos

United States
      Member #75358
      June 1, 2009
      5345 Posts
      Posted: April 13, 2010, 8:48 pm - IP Logged

It's not destiny. As long there are trillions of possibilities in front of you, it can go anyway possible. I can almost hear you saying....."well, isn't that destiny? Once I make a choice, that was intended to be?"

Nope. That choice could've changed dependent on situations leading up to it.

According to Quantum physics, the trillions of possibilities you chose NOT to use, are as real as the one you did choose. They all exist as simultaneous potentiality. Once an observer picks one, does it become reality.

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
        CA
        United States
        Member #57222
        December 23, 2007
        587 Posts
        Posted: April 13, 2010, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

It's not destiny. As long there are trillions of possibilities in front of you, it can go anyway possible. I can almost hear you saying....."well, isn't that destiny? Once I make a choice, that was intended to be?"

Nope. That choice could've changed dependent on situations leading up to it.

According to Quantum physics, the trillions of possibilities you chose NOT to use, are as real as the one you did choose. They all exist as simultaneous potentiality. Once an observer picks one, does it become reality.

Then  please  Joker   explain ( and sorry to keep bringing him up) but Bob Sehesteds $500k "win".  His situation seems as close to true destiny  that I have ever witnessed.  He made a choice,  someone made yet another which caused  the alternative outcome--then fate seemed to have turned around, stepped in and forced the original outcome. which changed not only his life, but those around him.

I know I am sounding really nutso here,  but sometimes... I wonder.     I think about all of you that  take the time to do those predictions and all those mathematical equations and then I read about someone who walks in the store on vacation, gets 1 quick pick and their life ( and those around them) is changed forever. 

It may just be what ever is supposed to happen to us, happens;  and the timeline of that event is based on how it may  affect someone (something) else's fate.

atlanta,ga
          United States
          Member #87728
          March 2, 2010
          43 Posts
          Posted: April 30, 2010, 10:06 am - IP Logged

IF THERE ARE ANY AMONG YOU WHO BELIEVE THE LOTTERY AND THE LOTTERY SYSTEM IS A NOT REALIANT UPON a mainframe computer, which keeps count of any and every lottery purchase, play, drawing, etc, etc, etc.............. That fact alone is enough to conclude that playin a particulr set of numbers is enough to change the outcome of a draw.

But i totally agree with the original post. Most of the things we do affect the world. Around us. Howw many of us are married or have been partnered with people, whom we never would have met had we not a made a simple decision to make a simple action, such as stopping at this gas station as opposed to stop at another one? Or deciding to go left when goin right would have meant a whole other set of events, not just for your life but countless others. Lastly what if the guy who started this site was only interested in bingo and not lotto..............

B 47 anyone?????

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
            Texas
            United States
            Member #86154
            January 30, 2010
            1648 Posts
            Posted: May 1, 2010, 2:32 am - IP Logged

You know, this is actually a very interesting topic and I've been thinking about how time actually works. I firmly believe that everything has already happened...time is merely waiting on us to catch up when we really don't and never will. This is why it's called the future. Certain things are going to happen but, we just don't know when, where, or how they'll happen. We can try and plan for things but, even then, our trying to plan was already in the future.

The only thing we know for sure will happen is right now. Guess what?? What you just thought or did was already in the future. Do you get it now? Our lives and events are preplanned for us...to an extent. We can try and adjust to certain things but, it's all still the "aftermath" of what we deal with on a daily basis. We don't deal with the future, we adjust and adapt.

In terms of the lottery games, the winners have already happened...we just don't know who yet. When I win, it's planned to happen and when I lose it's planned to happen via the future. All I can do is play my best hand...that's it. Luck happens and skill happens. Still though, it all revolves around the future. Not one person knew they'd be here on LP but, the future did. I never knew I'd be playing the way I do but, the future did.

No matter how proactive we are or try to be, it's still all in the future and we're merely reacting in the way the future planned it. No way around it. Interesting, huh?

L.L.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: May 1, 2010, 4:03 am - IP Logged

After reading the last few posts and trying to reconcile them with reality, I found myself slipping into an inadvertent  harmonic convergence with the cosmos. My wife calls these phenomena drunken stupors but I've been studying her for the last few weeks and she is verifiably insane.

I wasn't in trance quite long enough to decipher the thought waves of the Oracles due to being awakened by one of my large dogs licking inside my mouth as I lay fully supine on my reclining office chair with my head hanging off to one side. Rarely have I endured such a revolting development. Long, slow, deep licks all around my teeth and gums. I still wretch at the sensory impact of the memory.

So please, no more crazy talk.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                Member #47420
                November 4, 2006
                3930 Posts
                Posted: May 1, 2010, 6:09 am - IP Logged

After reading the last few posts and trying to reconcile them with reality, I found myself slipping into an inadvertent  harmonic convergence with the cosmos. My wife calls these phenomena drunken stupors but I've been studying her for the last few weeks and she is verifiably insane.

I wasn't in trance quite long enough to decipher the thought waves of the Oracles due to being awakened by one of my large dogs licking inside my mouth as I lay fully supine on my reclining office chair with my head hanging off to one side. Rarely have I endured such a revolting development. Long, slow, deep licks all around my teeth and gums. I still wretch at the sensory impact of the memory.

So please, no more crazy talk.

Take the dog to the vet and hurry!!!!..

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
                  Dallas, TX
                  United States
                  Member #60284
                  April 12, 2008
                  3856 Posts
                  Posted: May 1, 2010, 7:44 am - IP Logged

It's like a door. If you don't open it you never know what's on the other side. Once you open it, you may find nothing or something.

CutlassBob's avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
                    Harrison Township Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #90088
                    April 21, 2010
                    4265 Posts
                    Posted: May 1, 2010, 9:07 am - IP Logged

VERY, VERY INTERESTING...thanks...i was reading your post and i thought, how about the second per minute that the machine feeds the numbers into the computer in the gas station...like if you wasnt first in line then the second person would had been and it will had cause a different reaction...Dont know if the lottery plays based on what it has been fed meaning it is able to track every entry submitted and plays accordingly...

Not trying to brag but i have a system that overcomes that (no it doesnt cost $20 or 100 tickets)....

Something similar happened to me. Back in the 1990's i was at the Drug Store and saw a friend who i had not seen since 1980 when we graduated. I said to "Russ" you go ahead because i'm going to get some Lottery Tickets for tonights Michigan Lotto. He sais, "no big deal Bob, so am i" So i went first and got 5 Easy Picks. Then Russ gets his 5 Easy picks. Come to find out He won the JACKPOT, $43,000,000. That's as close as i have come to winning a BIG one.

So Today, whoever is behind me in line for The PowerBall, i will let them go first. I'll bet you this bites me in the arse? LoL

Hope we have a Happy and Prosperous First Saturday in May.

CutlassBob Out.

"You can't handle the truth!" Nicholson.