Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 8:42 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

My digit system for pick-5 or pick-6 lottery

Topic closed. 684 replies. Last post 6 years ago by jimmy4164.

Page 32 of 46
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #43694
July 23, 2006
184 Posts
Posted: August 20, 2010, 2:20 pm - IP Logged

olá Poderia ver RL distancias como delta ( ) dos digitos Por Colunas de resultados

ver se a distancia 1  é conforme a lei de benford

hello could see RL distances as delta () For columns of digits results

see if the distance is 1 as Benford's Law

winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
    Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #2218
    September 1, 2003
    5387 Posts
    Posted: August 27, 2010, 3:04 pm - IP Logged

First of all I want to thank RL for sharing his program(s) and also creating a DOS Program for Pennsylvania Cash 5/43 Lottery game.

I wanted to see if anyone who is from Pennsylvania who may be interested in using RL's 5/43 DOS Program and also has MS Excel?

I can show you how the DOS program works (to a degree) along with the Excel file I created that to an extent mimics RL's DOS Program.

Here are the download links to both the DOS Program and the Excel file:

1. RLPA543DOSProgram.zip

http://www.box.net/shared/dzd3c123zj

2. PA543ExcelFile.zip

http://www.box.net/shared/3nc39lx6ij

3. Create a new folder on your hard drive and name it whatever you like.  Example: PA543Lottery

4. Download the 2 zip files from the 2 links posted above into your newly named folder. Example: PA543Lottery

5. Open the new folder PA543Lottery.  Then locate the 2 zip files and unzip both zip files into the PA543Lottery folder.

6. To open RL's 5/43 DOS program just double-click the file: RL543.exe

You should have a screen that looks the image below:

If anyone is interested let me know.  It might be easier just to start a new thread so I can explain the program.

There is an additional program that was included in the zip file named DBIN.exe.  If you double-click the DBIN.exe file it will open a new DOS Program "DIG-10"

winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
      Pennsylvania
      United States
      Member #2218
      September 1, 2003
      5387 Posts
      Posted: August 27, 2010, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

Here are 2 additional download links to pdf's I created from RL's Notes on using his DOS Program. 

I also created a 2nd pdf that contains a Workout for entering your filter settings.  The idea for using the Workout Sheet is to:

1.  Enter the "final filter settings for generating your combinations

2.  Enter the "filter settings" from the results of the winning drawing so that I can see where I may be making mistakes.

3.  Having printed copies of the Worksheet I can look at past drawings and also see where I made mistakes in either entering incorrect filter settings or digit(s) settings.

Here are the 2 download links to the pdf files:

http://www.box.net/shared/yukazv303z

http://www.box.net/shared/3j932v95f9

United States
        Member #93947
        July 10, 2010
        2180 Posts
        Posted: August 27, 2010, 9:32 pm - IP Logged

Here are 2 additional download links to pdf's I created from RL's Notes on using his DOS Program. 

I also created a 2nd pdf that contains a Workout for entering your filter settings.  The idea for using the Workout Sheet is to:

1.  Enter the "final filter settings for generating your combinations

2.  Enter the "filter settings" from the results of the winning drawing so that I can see where I may be making mistakes.

3.  Having printed copies of the Worksheet I can look at past drawings and also see where I made mistakes in either entering incorrect filter settings or digit(s) settings.

Here are the 2 download links to the pdf files:

http://www.box.net/shared/yukazv303z

http://www.box.net/shared/3j932v95f9

winsumloosesum,

I just perused the PDF file.  It looks like RL invested a lot of time in it.  I am NOT trying to be sarcastic here or below!  I have already speculated that the program will be useful as a set selector, but not profitable over time without a Jackpot hit.  That doesn't mean an edge has not been discovered!  But the only way to determine that one way or the other is with a rigid backtest.

1) It appears you are taking yesterday's winning set and "baking into" the settings in the program which produce a set of sets, one of which is today's winning set.

2) You then LEAVE THESE SETTINGS STATIC, applying them to successive draws for 10 or 12 days into the future, betting on a subset of the generated sets, not to exceed 20.

(The above restriction of 20 could be relaxed for theoretical testing, but must be reflected in 4) below.)

If the observations in 1) & 2) are NOT correct, please explain.

If the observations in 1) & 2) are correct:

3) What criterion do you use to reduce the superset of sets generated by the program to 20 or less sets?

4) 5) and 6) are oversimplified! For Pick 5&6, you must break out 2, 3, 4 [,&5] hits.

4) What is the average number of tickets purchased per draw?

5) Using the criterion in 3), in what % of the draws do you "throw the baby out with the bath water?"

6) In what % of the draws is a winning ticket in the original superset?

7) What was the total $ spent, and total $ won?

Ten or twelve draws will not be sufficient to come to any meaningful conclusions.  You will have to recalibrate the program settings and Walk Forward another 10 or 12 days, many times I fear.  I don't know the number of trials required for certain percentage levels of Confidence.  Perhaps someone else can contribute that.  I'm just guessing, but I wouldn't [begin] to have confidence in the answers to 5) and 6) until the test spanned at least 30 Draws.  And if 30 draws resulted in significantly more OR LESS profit than probability theory predicts, I would insist on continuing with more trials.  The TRUTH will set you free!

--Jimmy4164

United States
          Member #93947
          July 10, 2010
          2180 Posts
          Posted: August 27, 2010, 9:38 pm - IP Logged

winsumloosesum,

I just perused the PDF file.  It looks like RL invested a lot of time in it.  I am NOT trying to be sarcastic here or below!  I have already speculated that the program will be useful as a set selector, but not profitable over time without a Jackpot hit.  That doesn't mean an edge has not been discovered!  But the only way to determine that one way or the other is with a rigid backtest.

1) It appears you are taking yesterday's winning set and "baking into" the settings in the program which produce a set of sets, one of which is today's winning set.

2) You then LEAVE THESE SETTINGS STATIC, applying them to successive draws for 10 or 12 days into the future, betting on a subset of the generated sets, not to exceed 20.

(The above restriction of 20 could be relaxed for theoretical testing, but must be reflected in 4) below.)

If the observations in 1) & 2) are NOT correct, please explain.

If the observations in 1) & 2) are correct:

3) What criterion do you use to reduce the superset of sets generated by the program to 20 or less sets?

4) 5) and 6) are oversimplified! For Pick 5&6, you must break out 2, 3, 4 [,&5] hits.

4) What is the average number of tickets purchased per draw?

5) Using the criterion in 3), in what % of the draws do you "throw the baby out with the bath water?"

6) In what % of the draws is a winning ticket in the original superset?

7) What was the total $ spent, and total $ won?

Ten or twelve draws will not be sufficient to come to any meaningful conclusions.  You will have to recalibrate the program settings and Walk Forward another 10 or 12 days, many times I fear.  I don't know the number of trials required for certain percentage levels of Confidence.  Perhaps someone else can contribute that.  I'm just guessing, but I wouldn't [begin] to have confidence in the answers to 5) and 6) until the test spanned at least 30 Draws.  And if 30 draws resulted in significantly more OR LESS profit than probability theory predicts, I would insist on continuing with more trials.  The TRUTH will set you free!

--Jimmy4164

CORRECTION!!

"1) It appears you are taking yesterday's winning set and "baking into" the settings in the program which produce a set of sets, one of which is today's winning set."

...should read:

"1) It appears you are taking yesterday's winning set and "baking into" the settings in the program which produce a set of sets, one or more of which are winners in today's drawing."

Sorry about that!

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
            Member #59354
            March 13, 2008
            3986 Posts
            Posted: August 28, 2010, 7:05 am - IP Logged

CORRECTION!!

"1) It appears you are taking yesterday's winning set and "baking into" the settings in the program which produce a set of sets, one of which is today's winning set."

...should read:

"1) It appears you are taking yesterday's winning set and "baking into" the settings in the program which produce a set of sets, one or more of which are winners in today's drawing."

Sorry about that!

jimmy

wrong again.

There are over 476,206,632,148,290,490,073,088,000 possible different user combinations of values

that can be inputed.  Each filter is set for each drawing and is based on whatever the user wants

to use. No two days ever have to be set the same. It can be set to hit lower prizes up to a 5 of 5

match.  It can build sets with as few as 2 digits.  You can select how many times each digit will apear

or block in from hitting at all. The only limit on anything is just what ever the user wants to use for any

one drawing.  It can hit a 5 of 5 with only one set or as many as the matrix allows.  

Simple as that.  no prediction, no fallacy, no fooled by random.  It allows for a range of hi/low for any

value or can be set for a single value.  Many different settings can still produce a 5 of 5.  It can be set

to produce sets with the maximun or minimum coverage or anything between.  And all this without

looking at single numbers from any set.  It has a searchable bias for each filter which is also based on

the filters past performance. 

I have to laugh everytime you mention backtesting a system to prove or disprove if it works or not.

It seems to me that you can only think of a system as something that has a standard set or method

that is used for each drawing and cannot be adjusted drawing to drawing.  As I have stated that 

any system like that would have a very predictable outcome before the very first drawing was

ever drawn.  This is the lottery and we are trying to pick a few numbers from a very large pool.

As I said before, if you want to say that no one should play the lottery based on the odds then I would

agree, but if you are going to play then any set I can pick will never be worse than a QP and anything

I can do to improve my chances if only to win lower amounts that fund my play will always be better. 

When I am down a little I play for the lower prizes and when I am up I shoot for the jackpot.  I played

yesterday and hit 6ea 3 of 5's and 7ea 2 of 5's with 15 sets for $67.00.  This puts me ahead for the

year, cost vs winnings.  Maybe I won't get rich doing this but if it cost me nothing or very little to play

then I will keep going and hope for the big one.   Others here have seen my tickets so if you think I 

just make this up then that is your problem not mine.  I am leaving LP because I think this kind of thing

is just a waste of time.  In all your post I have not once seen anything that helped anyone interested

in playing the lottery.  We all know the odds and don't need them compounded by the likes of you.

I know you will have to make some rude remark as to how stupid I am and how I don't know what I am

talking about but I wish for once that you would prove me wrong and just hold your thoughts.

To everyone

Thanks for your interest and I hope you win a big one and it brings nothing but happiness.

Life is short so live it to the fullest.  If nothing else, just smile real big and maybe it will catch

on.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
              ORLANDO, FLORIDA
              United States
              Member #4924
              June 3, 2004
              5914 Posts
              Posted: August 28, 2010, 7:17 am - IP Logged

RL and WSLS, thanks to both of you for your efforts and input. RL, I believe as you do, that your program has everything you need to hit the big one.

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
                NY State
                United States
                Member #92609
                June 10, 2010
                3709 Posts
                Posted: August 28, 2010, 7:28 am - IP Logged

RL, Thanks for all your efforts.  I cant tell you how much I've enjoyed this thread.  Good luck to you. As others have already said, I think your program has loads of potential.  GF

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

Clearwater, FL
                  United States
                  Member #31472
                  January 29, 2006
                  167 Posts
                  Posted: August 28, 2010, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

I'd like to thank RL and Winsum for all of the hard work they put into the program and spreadsheets, it definitely has a lot of potential.  I haven't had the time that I would of liked to have spent working with the idea but, it has helped me look a little more outside the box.

Thanks again and good luck to everybody working with the program.

Padawan

United States
                    Member #28412
                    December 15, 2005
                    12 Posts
                    Posted: August 28, 2010, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

Have enjoyed reading this tread. Was hoping to see more great insights from you.

I will continue working with this system. So far it has provided me with the most helpful information I have ever used with the lottery.

And for that I Thank You!

Wishing you the best! May all your endeavors be successful.

United States
                      Member #75358
                      June 1, 2009
                      5345 Posts
                      Posted: August 28, 2010, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

Jimmy also got on my case with my back pair system. He actually tried to predicted in exact numbers, how much money I would lose in a given time period. He reads intelligible, but seems arrogant in nature. His expertise in predicting stock trends via the supposed backtesting of the stocks makes him an expert in the lottery business. I tend to disagree on that one. They are two different entities, and deserve specific attention.

If his expertise is so successful, wouldn't it be easy for him to predict the p-3 in a given state second nature? Dealing with JP games is one thing, but the P-3 should be a cake walk...NO?

Show me that YOUR backtest results have benefited you more than RL, Winsum, or any others by predicting the next p-3 winning number, which by comparison to JP games is miniscule. Do that and I'll buy in to your theories.

I'll be waiting for your reply, and a P-3 prediction.

Good luck,,,you'll need it.....Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha aha aha aha aaha aha ahaaha aha aha aha ahah...

United States
                        Member #75358
                        June 1, 2009
                        5345 Posts
                        Posted: August 28, 2010, 11:45 pm - IP Logged

Jimmy also got on my case with my back pair system. He actually tried to predicted in exact numbers, how much money I would lose in a given time period. He reads intelligible, but seems arrogant in nature. His expertise in predicting stock trends via the supposed backtesting of the stocks makes him an expert in the lottery business. I tend to disagree on that one. They are two different entities, and deserve specific attention.

If his expertise is so successful, wouldn't it be easy for him to predict the p-3 in a given state second nature? Dealing with JP games is one thing, but the P-3 should be a cake walk...NO?

Show me that YOUR backtest results have benefited you more than RL, Winsum, or any others by predicting the next p-3 winning number, which by comparison to JP games is miniscule. Do that and I'll buy in to your theories.

Good luck,,,you'll need it.....Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha aha aha aha aaha aha ahaaha aha aha aha ahah...

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/219292/last

United States
                          Member #93947
                          July 10, 2010
                          2180 Posts
                          Posted: August 29, 2010, 4:32 pm - IP Logged

joker17,

Sorry, no predictions.  I did send you a good tip via PM though.  I hope you are following through on that.

See here for answers to your questions about Pick-3 games, at least from my perspective.

--Jimmy4164

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/218174/1757940

United States
                            Member #93947
                            July 10, 2010
                            2180 Posts
                            Posted: August 29, 2010, 10:49 pm - IP Logged

dr san,

"olá , pode me enviar planilia de excel de pick3 ? obrigado"

"planilia?" 

You can get the PA Pick-3 results from 1977 to date by copy/pasting it from the PA website into Notepad,

http://www.palottery.state.pa.us/past-winning-numbers.aspx?id=1

and then moving it to Excel, which is what I did.

--Jimmy4164

san diego
                              United States
                              Member #68237
                              December 16, 2008
                              97 Posts
                              Posted: August 29, 2010, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

Download links for programs and PDF files are not working.

Page 32 of 46