Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 1:24 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do Wealthy People Play The Lottery?

Topic closed. 94 replies. Last post 6 years ago by dr65.

Page 3 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
NY State
United States
Member #92609
June 10, 2010
3708 Posts
Posted: June 28, 2010, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

yes rich people play - their the ones that usually win !  

A tip of my cap to you emerald64!

I've been waiting for a post such as yours.  I started this thread because I'm aware of a convenience store that is located in a very affluent but small town in the suburbs of New York City.  It's has many celebrity residents and is generally known as a "millionaire's enclave".

Recently this store has had multiple second place MM, PB and NY State Lotto winners, as well as a Lotto jackpot winner in the mid-1990's.  Why would a store in such a small town produce so many high tier prizes?

The owner attributes it to the wealthy residents of that town who he says "play an easy grand a week".

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

New York,
    Panama
    Member #73078
    April 4, 2009
    3490 Posts
    Posted: June 28, 2010, 12:32 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, I read his brother's gross income is $12 a year. I saw a picture of him in the mud hut he lives in.

I wonder if there's some way we could help him out cuz his brother only gives out money if it's somebody else's.

He'd let his brother starve to death before he'd give him a nickel of his own money.

rd,  I did not know this !!! ..I did not know that Jarasan was actually serious about Obama's brother??!!!... that is lower than basement-low...I am not suppose to speak badly of those who govern the people according to Scripture...However Injustice can be spoken against...this is unbelievable!!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
      Member #47420
      November 4, 2006
      3930 Posts
      Posted: June 28, 2010, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

rd,  I did not know this !!! ..I did not know that Jarasan was actually serious about Obama's brother??!!!... that is lower than basement-low...I am not suppose to speak badly of those who govern the people according to Scripture...However Injustice can be spoken against...this is unbelievable!!!

Obama's brother being dirt poor is very old news..jrosina try to keep up with the rest of them and tiggs..:)

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19831 Posts
        Posted: June 28, 2010, 12:48 pm - IP Logged

A tip of my cap to you emerald64!

I've been waiting for a post such as yours.  I started this thread because I'm aware of a convenience store that is located in a very affluent but small town in the suburbs of New York City.  It's has many celebrity residents and is generally known as a "millionaire's enclave".

Recently this store has had multiple second place MM, PB and NY State Lotto winners, as well as a Lotto jackpot winner in the mid-1990's.  Why would a store in such a small town produce so many high tier prizes?

The owner attributes it to the wealthy residents of that town who he says "play an easy grand a week".

Lotteries like to promote themselves as gambling games of entertainment for those folks who have extra money to spend, not as games that take advantage of the poor and needy.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
          Member #47420
          November 4, 2006
          3930 Posts
          Posted: June 28, 2010, 12:52 pm - IP Logged

As far as being rich ridge always says he would spend 90% of his millions on wimens good times and whiskey and the other 10% he'd waste..

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: June 28, 2010, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

As far as being rich ridge always says he would spend 90% of his millions on wimens good times and whiskey and the other 10% he'd waste..

You got that right brotha!     Yes NodThumbs Up

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: June 28, 2010, 1:02 pm - IP Logged

Hard to believe but true, Rosie.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                Harbinger
                D.C./MD.
                United States
                Member #44103
                July 30, 2006
                5583 Posts
                Posted: June 28, 2010, 2:44 pm - IP Logged

Not a joke, look up his aunt.

edge's avatar - waveform

United States
                  Member #68609
                  December 26, 2008
                  2204 Posts
                  Posted: June 28, 2010, 5:06 pm - IP Logged

so what? are you racist or something? man like man, posts like these should be erased immediately from this website, really surprised this has not happened already.

sending email to Todd to do just that I have never seen anything like this on LP before... in a very poor taste

ab actu ad posse valet illatio - from the past one can infer the future

Harbinger
                    D.C./MD.
                    United States
                    Member #44103
                    July 30, 2006
                    5583 Posts
                    Posted: June 28, 2010, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

so what? are you racist or something? man like man, posts like these should be erased immediately from this website, really surprised this has not happened already.

sending email to Todd to do just that I have never seen anything like this on LP before... in a very poor taste

What do you mean racist? There is nothing racist about it.  It is all your mind.  Obama doesn't care for his half BROTHER,  period. 

Facts are facts.  And if you are counting colors,  Obama is half white,  or that doesn't count?

edge's avatar - waveform

United States
                      Member #68609
                      December 26, 2008
                      2204 Posts
                      Posted: June 28, 2010, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

depends what is in the mind. intentions. I could be wrong, hence my apology, but I am very sensitive to how it is all presented, so maybe I was wrong and over reacted in that case ok. still something I feel is not right... but so be it...

Harbinger
                        D.C./MD.
                        United States
                        Member #44103
                        July 30, 2006
                        5583 Posts
                        Posted: June 28, 2010, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

depends what is in the mind. intentions. I could be wrong, hence my apology, but I am very sensitive to how it is all presented, so maybe I was wrong and over reacted in that case ok. still something I feel is not right... but so be it...

No problem,  apology accepted.   I believe family first,  take care of your mom, dad, sisters,  brothers, cousins etc. neighbors,  it is the way it is,  especially if you have the means and ability.  This is what I don't understand of Obama, and it ain't about color.  Why on earth can't the most powerful man on earth help out his family,  I would be the first in line cheering YES! he does care about his brother.

edge's avatar - waveform

United States
                          Member #68609
                          December 26, 2008
                          2204 Posts
                          Posted: June 28, 2010, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

I see... got ya. good... I have 0 idea what and why he cares or does not care about his family (or even if it can be verified to be true), i was offended by a portrayal of a man standing in a door, so probably got it all wrong, and I see where you were going... good, rest is irrelevant... and so its freedom of speech, and I am very much an anarchist at heart, what I am not anarchist about are very simple principles, "that all are created equal" cheers

New York,
                            Panama
                            Member #73078
                            April 4, 2009
                            3490 Posts
                            Posted: June 28, 2010, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

Obama's brother being dirt poor is very old news..jrosina try to keep up with the rest of them and tiggs..:)

Tiggs... so many things to keep up with tiggs..not everyone can be like you...my hero..Lovies.LoL..

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19831 Posts
                              Posted: June 28, 2010, 7:22 pm - IP Logged

What do you mean racist? There is nothing racist about it.  It is all your mind.  Obama doesn't care for his half BROTHER,  period. 

Facts are facts.  And if you are counting colors,  Obama is half white,  or that doesn't count?

Obama is not the first American who has half siblings in the other half of the world that doesn't feel responsible for them, when I was in Viet-Nam, a good many of the troops fathered children there and I doubt if their american family ever knew they would feel any responsibility toward them.  That's just the way the world is.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking