Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do Wealthy People Play The Lottery?

Topic closed. 94 replies. Last post 6 years ago by dr65.

Page 4 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
Harbinger
D.C./MD.
United States
Member #44103
July 30, 2006
5583 Posts
Posted: June 28, 2010, 8:10 pm - IP Logged

Obama is not the first American who has half siblings in the other half of the world that doesn't feel responsible for them, when I was in Viet-Nam, a good many of the troops fathered children there and I doubt if their american family ever knew they would feel any responsibility toward them.  That's just the way the world is.

It is still wrong, and it doesn't matter who you are, where you are from, or what the circumstances are.  The fact this is at the level it is and there is nothing left to prove or doubt,  is the concern.  I think he met and acknowledged his half-brother, and Obama's actions are eye opening and revealing of his soul.  You see, you have a USAmerican president asking us all to give more in taxes to spread the wealth and he can't muster a couple hundred a month to take care of family is not inspiring or genuine.  As a matter of  opinion: Obama looks like a hypocrite.

Just like the rest of the wealthy political class,  do you know how much your average congress person makes or is worth?  Remember, everybody pays taxes, whether you pay fed state local sales etc. you are paying them! 

Bottom line: Practice what you preach.  He has his Mother in law at the white house!  gimme a break!  I mean really,  aren't some sitcoms situated around a similar scenario?  Double the hen peck!  That'll drive a man insane!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: June 28, 2010, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

I see... got ya. good... I have 0 idea what and why he cares or does not care about his family (or even if it can be verified to be true), i was offended by a portrayal of a man standing in a door, so probably got it all wrong, and I see where you were going... good, rest is irrelevant... and so its freedom of speech, and I am very much an anarchist at heart, what I am not anarchist about are very simple principles, "that all are created equal" cheers

An anarchist at heart, huh?

So you support the idiots breaking windows and setting fires and throwing fire bombs at police in Toronto last week right?

Like wow dude, you are so cool.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Harbinger
      D.C./MD.
      United States
      Member #44103
      July 30, 2006
      5583 Posts
      Posted: June 28, 2010, 8:34 pm - IP Logged

Anarchists are the extreme right of the political spectrum and they don't know it. IMHO.  If they actually understood the political system spectrum and its varying ramifications that run,  left to right,  right to left,  the world would be a better place.  And other models of the political systems are circular,  where the extreme left mirrors the extreme right and are just as accurate in outcomes.

White Bounce

edge's avatar - waveform

United States
        Member #68609
        December 26, 2008
        2204 Posts
        Posted: June 28, 2010, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

no worry, not political anarchist:) probably wrong use of the term/word, more like liberal (anarchist in a sense maybe to full conformance to the US Constitution), but in any case, I understood the post was not racially motivated and so is all cool

ab actu ad posse valet illatio - from the past one can infer the future

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: June 28, 2010, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

no worry, not political anarchist:) probably wrong use of the term/word, more like liberal (anarchist in a sense maybe to full conformance to the US Constitution), but in any case, I understood the post was not racially motivated and so is all cool

What part of the Constitution do you not want to conform to?

--Edmund Burke

New York,
            Panama
            Member #73078
            April 4, 2009
            3490 Posts
            Posted: June 29, 2010, 1:31 am - IP Logged

What part of the Constitution do you not want to conform to?

rd, we have a thread about "Praying" that I could not let it go and put my 0.03 Cent now  it's like reading "War and Peace"..Please don't  ask this questioooonn!

We know there is a chance that we may not like the answers, and off we go to another "War and Peace" .. or another "Atlas Shrugged"  So let's not! I can smell it rd...it doesn't smell good!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: June 29, 2010, 8:57 am - IP Logged

rd, we have a thread about "Praying" that I could not let it go and put my 0.03 Cent now  it's like reading "War and Peace"..Please don't  ask this questioooonn!

We know there is a chance that we may not like the answers, and off we go to another "War and Peace" .. or another "Atlas Shrugged"  So let's not! I can smell it rd...it doesn't smell good!

You don't have to worry about going into another War and Peace Rosie, cuz he doesn't have an answer to begin with.

He's attacking the greatest document ever written guaranteeing the rights of human beings over government and he doesn't even know it. He's simply parrotting and echoing things he's heard dumbasses on the left say on college campuses, MTV, SNL, left-wing blogs and all the mainstream news networks.

He doesn't want to conform with guaranteed freedom and liberty for all?

Trust me Rosie, he's never even read the Constitution.

--Edmund Burke

Harbinger
                D.C./MD.
                United States
                Member #44103
                July 30, 2006
                5583 Posts
                Posted: June 29, 2010, 9:27 am - IP Logged

You don't have to worry about going into another War and Peace Rosie, cuz he doesn't have an answer to begin with.

He's attacking the greatest document ever written guaranteeing the rights of human beings over government and he doesn't even know it. He's simply parrotting and echoing things he's heard dumbasses on the left say on college campuses, MTV, SNL, left-wing blogs and all the mainstream news networks.

The dumbing down of America is what has occured over the past 40 years!  The path of least resistance,  what they don't know won't get in our way is what the progressives have been striving for since the turn of the last century. 

For the curious:

http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html

Good reading, worth the read. Best seller.

Raven62's avatar - binary
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #17843
                  June 28, 2005
                  49835 Posts
                  Posted: June 29, 2010, 10:15 am - IP Logged

The dumbing down of America is what has occured over the past 40 years!  The path of least resistance,  what they don't know won't get in our way is what the progressives have been striving for since the turn of the last century. 

For the curious:

http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html

Good reading, worth the read. Best seller.

What? Sounds Good on Paper: In Practice You are Controlled Each and Every Day of Your Life from Cradle- to-Grave!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: June 29, 2010, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

What? Sounds Good on Paper: In Practice You are Controlled Each and Every Day of Your Life from Cradle- to-Grave!

Only when most people won't stand up and demand their Constitutional Rights.

And that sits well with the powers that be.

There is a movement afoot now emanating from the current administration to marginalize and ultimately do away with our Constitutionally guaranteed freedoms. It relies on masses of lazy and ignorant people to further its progress. This movement dominates our educational system, our news media and entertainment industry. Those three enterprises serve to seek out and demonize or destroy anybody who disagrees with them, their agenda or their goals.

They rely on people like edge who fall for their trendy political sound-bytes for their news, information and education.

It's people like that who fancy themselves "raging against the machine" who comprise the bulk of the movement that will put our necks under the boot of a massive, oppressive, centralized government.

And they don't even know it.

Cool, huh?

He thought he was an anarchist but wasn't quite sure why and now he's against conforming with certain parts of the Constitution but isn't quite sure which ones.

Why?

Probably because he thinks some America-hating moron like Sean Penn or Keith Olbermann is cool.

--Edmund Burke

New York,
                      Panama
                      Member #73078
                      April 4, 2009
                      3490 Posts
                      Posted: June 29, 2010, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

Ok, rd.  rd this is the land of the free the home of the brave North AMERICA  is not perfect..no! But neither are WE!!!

I know one thing!  THANK ALMIGHTY GOD for MY AMERICA!!! who ever have a problem with her,

Foreign or Native...They can politely Bounce out of here!!!  See how well they fare else where!!!  Bounce!!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

edge's avatar - waveform

United States
                        Member #68609
                        December 26, 2008
                        2204 Posts
                        Posted: June 29, 2010, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

Ok, rd.  rd this is the land of the free the home of the brave North AMERICA  is not perfect..no! But neither are WE!!!

I know one thing!  THANK ALMIGHTY GOD for MY AMERICA!!! who ever have a problem with her,

Foreign or Native...They can politely Bounce out of here!!!  See how well they fare else where!!!  Bounce!!!

dude you have some serious problems/issues:) read my first post on this thread, possibly good fit. this is my last post in this thread have fun.

ab actu ad posse valet illatio - from the past one can infer the future

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                          Texas
                          United States
                          Member #92330
                          June 5, 2010
                          887 Posts
                          Posted: June 29, 2010, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

That's why you get rid of everything and go live in a forest. Nobody controlling you there.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                            Member #47420
                            November 4, 2006
                            3930 Posts
                            Posted: June 29, 2010, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

dude you have some serious problems/issues:) read my first post on this thread, possibly good fit. this is my last post in this thread have fun.

edge..jrosina is not a dude..She is one hot babe from NY..She means well and we all respect her..

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: June 29, 2010, 8:17 pm - IP Logged

edge..jrosina is not a dude..She is one hot babe from NY..She means well and we all respect her..

You're too late tiggs, he's left the building for parts unknown.

We can only hope he hasn't gone to apply for the Masseur job with Al (a little lower please) Gore.

--Edmund Burke