Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do Wealthy People Play The Lottery?

Topic closed. 94 replies. Last post 6 years ago by dr65.

Page 6 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
Northern Virginia
United States
Member #83350
December 5, 2009
1317 Posts
Posted: June 30, 2010, 9:36 pm - IP Logged

I think there was a Senator or someone like that who won a significant prize a few years back.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

NEW YORK
    United States
    Member #90535
    April 29, 2010
    11983 Posts
    Posted: July 7, 2010, 10:08 am - IP Logged

This may have been hashed out here before.  If so, my apologies.

Here's a question to ponder: Do you think there are any people who are already multi-millionaires and play the lottery?  If you do, do you think they win substantial prizes?

It's not like they can't afford to play thousands per week.  If they're famous, rather than buy in person, they could always have their hired help go buy the tickets.

I'm not asking if you think they should play or should not play.  Any rich person that does play doesnt care what anyone else's opinion might be. 

Just for the record, I'm a millionaire "wannabe".   That's why I play.

YES THEY DO. They only play when the jackpots are big.  Most of them play 1 QUICK PICK LINE PER DRAWING.

Spot-UK's avatar - 521252451 28bff065d5_o.jpg
      London
      United Kingdom
      Member #93634
      July 4, 2010
      24 Posts
      Posted: July 7, 2010, 12:49 pm - IP Logged

If I'm very wealthy I will keep playing, but will spend a few hundreds on full wheel systems for most draws and feel the buzz of multiple wins when the numbers come up.

CA
        United States
        Member #84266
        December 26, 2009
        410 Posts
        Posted: July 7, 2010, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

YES THEY DO. They only play when the jackpots are big.  Most of them play 1 QUICK PICK LINE PER DRAWING.

And how exactly do you know that???

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
          Member #4877
          May 30, 2004
          5124 Posts
          Posted: July 8, 2010, 1:27 am - IP Logged

by a mental disorder: yes

ask>>>BUSH???

ask>>>O'BAMO???

US FlagWhite BounceUS FlagUS FlagWhite Bounce??? White Bounce???>>>>>ask>>

micHelle >>>>>>>>>>White BounceWhite BounceWhite BounceWhite BounceBatWhite Bounce

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
            Member #4877
            May 30, 2004
            5124 Posts
            Posted: July 8, 2010, 3:15 am - IP Logged

ask>>>BUSH???

ask>>>O'BAMO???

US FlagWhite BounceUS FlagUS FlagWhite Bounce??? White Bounce???>>>>>ask>>

micHelle >>>>>>>>>>White BounceWhite BounceWhite BounceWhite BounceBatWhite Bounce

thank U bush 4 giving us D oil >>>>& lower gas (prices)

THANK U PRESIDENT O'BAMO >>>>& lower (price}

THAnK U TODD>>>>>>>>4UR ...(ENURANCEMENT $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$)!!

THANK GOD $4$ >>Todd>>& D >>LP>>$

D>lottery post>is >>on TRACK^^^^^!!!!!

United States
              Member #81843
              October 31, 2009
              856 Posts
              Posted: July 8, 2010, 3:29 am - IP Logged

LOL Rosie, I can no more explain why he needs daily massages than I can explain why he says Polar Bears are going extinct when the truth is that there are more Polar Bears now than there ever have been. Personally, I think he's gone off the deep end. He's got this massive ego that needs to be stroked (I could really segue into a massage joke here but I won't) constantly and his wife just left him and he has made ungodly amounts of money off of a hoax perpetrated on his fellow citizens and maybe the pressure is more than he can bear.

I don't know if the police were called. I just heard he insists on massages on areas of his anatomy that massage therapists don't want to massage and he goes into a rage when they won't and hence some of them are complaining.

I honestly think he needs help.

Upstairs help Crazy.

Well that about blows the theory you were really Tipper’s tipper.

DD

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: July 8, 2010, 11:52 am - IP Logged

Well that about blows the theory you were really Tipper’s tipper.

DD

Ahhh... lib wimmins... they were my specialty.

Never knew Tippy but knew a lotta wimmins that voted for her husband. Always wondered if they believed everything everbody told them or just what I told them.

Not that I'd say anything that wasn't true.    Blue Angel

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                  Member #47420
                  November 4, 2006
                  3930 Posts
                  Posted: July 8, 2010, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

Ahhh... lib wimmins... they were my specialty.

Never knew Tippy but knew a lotta wimmins that voted for her husband. Always wondered if they believed everything everbody told them or just what I told them.

Not that I'd say anything that wasn't true.    Blue Angel

ridge tiggs knows you speak the truth all the time when your drunk and you speak the truth all the time..

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: July 8, 2010, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

ridge tiggs knows you speak the truth all the time when your drunk and you speak the truth all the time..

You have a circular line of reasoning that drives me to drink, tiggs.

And that's why I like it.

--Edmund Burke

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                      Member #47420
                      November 4, 2006
                      3930 Posts
                      Posted: July 8, 2010, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

You have a circular line of reasoning that drives me to drink, tiggs.

And that's why I like it.

tiggs just hit 350.00 again..tiggs don't drink but if he was near you and the McNutts he'd buy you all a bottle of Jack while you was sorting your mail..

New York,
                        Panama
                        Member #73078
                        April 4, 2009
                        3490 Posts
                        Posted: July 8, 2010, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

tiggs just hit 350.00 again..tiggs don't drink but if he was near you and the McNutts he'd buy you all a bottle of Jack while you was sorting your mail..

AAAH tiggs! since you became golden you are getting more and more golden!!! W T G Tiggs... Joyful for you!!BananaDanceBananaHyperDrum

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
                          Member #81843
                          October 31, 2009
                          856 Posts
                          Posted: July 8, 2010, 4:15 pm - IP Logged

Good for you tiggs! Like they say 'if you throw enough s*** up against a wall, some is bound to stick'

DD

Hey Ridge, that theory was just a joke I know you self medicate when it comes to massages. Gore was globetrotting to lay the groundwork for the international carbon tax. He got a speeding ticket on the Oregon coast heading north from a grove meeting.i don't think your old PU could make it to the coast, letalone exceed the speed limit of 55 without a tow.

LMAO

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: July 8, 2010, 5:03 pm - IP Logged

WTG tiggs!

Hey, don't go makin promises you cain't keep now talkin bout thet Jack, I ain't all thet fer from Kintuck and in this heat I'm thirsty and ornry as a blue-nosed mule in fly-time.

--Edmund Burke

United States
                              Member #75358
                              June 1, 2009
                              5345 Posts
                              Posted: July 10, 2010, 8:19 pm - IP Logged

WTG tiggs!

Hey, don't go makin promises you cain't keep now talkin bout thet Jack, I ain't all thet fer from Kintuck and in this heat I'm thirsty and ornry as a blue-nosed mule in fly-time.

I aims to get this hillbilly talk right. I was fetching a book yesterdays on hows to speak it, and fixin to finish it. Now If I got a grain a sense, some kin folk may help me out. Then I'll have me a shindig, and swollee the shine till sun up.

In the meantime, I got some taters heatin up, and i feel crazier than a run over dog. Neighbors round here are good but some are colder than well diggers behind. They can't never do nothin right anyways. They is nosier than a pet coon too. Some dem neighbors still have signs on their mobiles that say "Wide Load"...

I've been over sum of dem neighbors house. All you hear someon say is.."Somebody go jiggle the handle". The wife even had a homemade fur coat.

I finally left the house, because one family member thought a Volvo was part of the female anatomy, and  called a computer mouse a critter..

I decided to leave that town fer good, and tried to move into a motel 6, but they turned off the lights when they saw me coming.