Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 7:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lucky and unlucky Scratch-off ticket numbers

Topic closed. 561 replies. Last post 6 years ago by MattfromPA.

Page 18 of 38
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #97729
September 22, 2010
321 Posts
Posted: October 5, 2010, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

I just bought 2 $1 JACK-O-LANTERN CASH scratch offs, and one of them hit for $100! I have never won more than $20 on a scratch off, and that was on a $5 ticket. I am beyond excited. I had just about given up on $1 tickets, but now I am a believer! The winner was #279. 280 lost, but oh well! I had a good feeling when I looked at it.

I have been playing abot two weeks now, and my luck seems to have turned. I just won $40 on cash 3, 2 days ago.

SE PA
    United States
    Member #93582
    July 3, 2010
    1866 Posts
    Posted: October 5, 2010, 7:37 pm - IP Logged

I just bought 2 $1 JACK-O-LANTERN CASH scratch offs, and one of them hit for $100! I have never won more than $20 on a scratch off, and that was on a $5 ticket. I am beyond excited. I had just about given up on $1 tickets, but now I am a believer! The winner was #279. 280 lost, but oh well! I had a good feeling when I looked at it.

I have been playing abot two weeks now, and my luck seems to have turned. I just won $40 on cash 3, 2 days ago.

Congrats on the wins!

CarHauler - $100 is superb on a $1 ticket! I've been playing for a year now, and $200 is the highest I've won. It takes a lot of luck to hit the really big amounts.

United States
      Member #97729
      September 22, 2010
      321 Posts
      Posted: October 6, 2010, 12:16 am - IP Logged

Congrats on the wins!

CarHauler - $100 is superb on a $1 ticket! I've been playing for a year now, and $200 is the highest I've won. It takes a lot of luck to hit the really big amounts.

Thanks. I also won [$4  #295] and a [free ticket #299] on these, at a different store. The following were losers: 294, 296, 297, 298.

I read somewhere else in this post, I believe, that they put out more winners when a game is new, to get the word out, so that folks will play that game. I bought 2 more of the same ticket, #272 and #273 when I went to cash in the winner. Those were both losers. Has it been your experience that there are multiple winners in the same book? Or would I be better to try another store, or another game?

Around 15 years ago, I worked at Winn-Dixie. There was a cashier that won $10,000 from a machine, then a few days later won $2000. I have no idea what tickets they were. But that was a long time ago. Do you think machines or cashiers have better chances? 

And finally, what has consistently won the most money? I want to play $20, but I am afraid of that kind of loss. I have played $10 tickets 4 times, and have only one once, and it was only a free ticket (which I used the proceeds to buy the winning $100 ticket). I kind of wonder if playing off the winnings might be good luck, or would I be better off not playing for a day or two. Is there any type of pattern that you have found?

SE PA
        United States
        Member #93582
        July 3, 2010
        1866 Posts
        Posted: October 6, 2010, 12:33 am - IP Logged

Thanks. I also won [$4  #295] and a [free ticket #299] on these, at a different store. The following were losers: 294, 296, 297, 298.

I read somewhere else in this post, I believe, that they put out more winners when a game is new, to get the word out, so that folks will play that game. I bought 2 more of the same ticket, #272 and #273 when I went to cash in the winner. Those were both losers. Has it been your experience that there are multiple winners in the same book? Or would I be better to try another store, or another game?

Around 15 years ago, I worked at Winn-Dixie. There was a cashier that won $10,000 from a machine, then a few days later won $2000. I have no idea what tickets they were. But that was a long time ago. Do you think machines or cashiers have better chances? 

And finally, what has consistently won the most money? I want to play $20, but I am afraid of that kind of loss. I have played $10 tickets 4 times, and have only one once, and it was only a free ticket (which I used the proceeds to buy the winning $100 ticket). I kind of wonder if playing off the winnings might be good luck, or would I be better off not playing for a day or two. Is there any type of pattern that you have found?

Hi CarHauler,

Yes, I often like to buy more of the new games. But at least here in PA, the new games haven't been very good of late. The most I have won on Spooky Loot is $8, and Money Money Money has done very little again. I would try the new ones, though.

The Lottery can be very streaky. 2 or even 3 winners in a row or a few wins in an area, and then a bunch of losers. I don't like it, but it's what they do. If you have gotten a big winner, I'd try the same store again.

A couple workers at Giant told about their wins in the thousands. You never know, but I'm sure they sometimes try for an advantage.

The $20 tickets were very good, but my luck has run out. I'd change to a new game if you keep losing. Also, take breaks after losing streaks. I avoid $1 games because the odds are low and payouts are usually less. But try more after your win. I like the $2-$10 games with the occasional $20.

Good luck!

SE PA
          United States
          Member #93582
          July 3, 2010
          1866 Posts
          Posted: October 6, 2010, 3:18 pm - IP Logged

Better today, after my horrible day at Wegmans yesterday. Went back to Giant.

Cash Fever #000 won $40, while #001 was a loser.

Money Money Money #27 lost.

Diamonds & Pearls #89 won $10.

ny
            United States
            Member #88765
            March 22, 2010
            319 Posts
            Posted: October 6, 2010, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

Wierd but lucky day today in a way. Went to a total of 3 lottery stores today and had about $300 in my wallet. Played only $5, $10, and $20 scratch tickets. Long story short, when i was scratching in my 3rd and final store of the day. After a few $5 and $10 tickets with no luck, I decided to spend the rest of my money on the $20 Win for Life Spectacular. #22 loser, #21 loser, #20 loser, #19 BAM a coin for $500! Right before I got the lucky ticket I had only enough money to get 1 more ticket. cashed out and went home feeling better instead of losing $300 for the day. Party

BTW how much do you guys play daily??

SE PA
              United States
              Member #93582
              July 3, 2010
              1866 Posts
              Posted: October 6, 2010, 11:58 pm - IP Logged

Wierd but lucky day today in a way. Went to a total of 3 lottery stores today and had about $300 in my wallet. Played only $5, $10, and $20 scratch tickets. Long story short, when i was scratching in my 3rd and final store of the day. After a few $5 and $10 tickets with no luck, I decided to spend the rest of my money on the $20 Win for Life Spectacular. #22 loser, #21 loser, #20 loser, #19 BAM a coin for $500! Right before I got the lucky ticket I had only enough money to get 1 more ticket. cashed out and went home feeling better instead of losing $300 for the day. Party

BTW how much do you guys play daily??

It depends on how much I win. #15 won again on Cash Fever for $20 (the only constant from before it seems,) so I have $43 to spend. I may add $10 or $20 or more to a day depending on cash on hand.

Congrats! I've never spent $300 in a day, but the $200 profit was good.

SE PA
                United States
                Member #93582
                July 3, 2010
                1866 Posts
                Posted: October 7, 2010, 7:45 pm - IP Logged

Spent $33 so far, and got $100 back on #11 Cash Fever. #58 Money Money Money lost and #98 Diamond Mine lost; really thought they would win.

Pennsylvania
                  United States
                  Member #95227
                  August 6, 2010
                  44 Posts
                  Posted: October 7, 2010, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

hey matt, sounds like your having your best luck with the cash fever.  Same here for me. I won $100 yesterday on ticket # 17. Have you tried the new game Platinum payout yet? At first i didnt care for them I lost on 3 tickets from various spots. After that i won $100 on ticket #13 and my next stop i hit $40 on ticket #23. Mainly sticking with the fever though. good luck to you

United States
                    United States
                    Member #60097
                    April 5, 2008
                    3957 Posts
                    Posted: October 8, 2010, 1:07 am - IP Logged

Spent $33 so far, and got $100 back on #11 Cash Fever. #58 Money Money Money lost and #98 Diamond Mine lost; really thought they would win.

WTG Matt!  Money Money Money goes up to ticket number 59 only..................and 55 through 59 have been hot!

Nice job on the Cash Fever win!

KeystoneParty

Big Wins For All!

SE PA
                      United States
                      Member #93582
                      July 3, 2010
                      1866 Posts
                      Posted: October 8, 2010, 1:20 am - IP Logged

Thanks, all! I have another big win to report - $200 on Money Money Money #47! $335 in total winnings today! You are right to stick with those even if you are losing, Keystone.

I have tried two Platinum Payouts (#8 and #23) so far, and have lost on both. But I have enough to try some more now. Yes, Cash Fever is still good. Cash Fever #4 got me another $20.

ny
                        United States
                        Member #88765
                        March 22, 2010
                        319 Posts
                        Posted: October 8, 2010, 9:21 am - IP Logged

wow matt grats. you seem very lucky!

SE PA
                          United States
                          Member #93582
                          July 3, 2010
                          1866 Posts
                          Posted: October 8, 2010, 11:31 am - IP Logged

Thanks! Yes, I do pretty well on finding those $100s and lately $200s, and I'd say I'm even or maybe even a little ahead overall with the Lottery. But I'd love to be lucky enough to win $1,000 or more. Hope we all get big ones!

SE PA
                            United States
                            Member #93582
                            July 3, 2010
                            1866 Posts
                            Posted: October 8, 2010, 11:52 pm - IP Logged

I put $50 of my big wins from yesterday in  the bank and spent more on groceries and things. Good idea, because today was more mundane. #7 and #13 Cash Fever were losers (I swear, #7 must be coded to lose.) I bought 3 Platinum Payouts and 2 won  $20 (#10 and #27.) Money Money Money #41 lost, but no complaints after the big win. The surprise was winning $25 on #99 $1,000 A Week For Life. That game never has won that much for me.

United States
                              Member #97729
                              September 22, 2010
                              321 Posts
                              Posted: October 10, 2010, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

Update:

I got 279, and 280 on JACK-O-LANTERN CASH again. When I asked the clerk the number, and she said 280, I almost fainted. I knew I had won again, I just knew it! But I didn't. #279 lost this time around, as did 280. Oh well, back to the drawing board. As a side note, I won Cash 3 again, 2 Sundays in a row! I know this is mostly a PA forum, but I am from GA. It looks like JACK-O-LANTERN CASH has run its course, anyone else having any luck with it? I don't usually play the $1 games, I just felt lucky on those. What is winning with any regularity in GA, specifically the Marietta area?

Page 18 of 38