Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 7:47 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lucky and unlucky Scratch-off ticket numbers

Topic closed. 561 replies. Last post 6 years ago by MattfromPA.

Page 22 of 38
PrintE-mailLink
B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
The Ville, FL
United States
Member #95879
August 19, 2010
1708 Posts
Posted: November 3, 2010, 1:03 pm - IP Logged

Congrats!! Seems $1,000 winners in PA are like needles in haystacks.

Not a good start to the new games for me. #3 and #6 Merry Millionaire lost, and #30 and #32 Snow Globe Cash lost.

Thanks Matt. I feel the same for the scratchers here in FL. Over the past year I have played heavily and this is my 2nd time winning $1,000.

Ive read somewhere that there are several players who have won 30-40 $1,000 winners each. Which means they must play TONS. I know how much I play and for someone to win that many times, I can only imagine how much they are spending.

SE PA
    United States
    Member #93582
    July 3, 2010
    1872 Posts
    Posted: November 3, 2010, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

Yes, I know many people play a lot and when they win, it's their money back. Best to get lucky on a few tickets, but I'm hooked on the lottery now - LOL.

BTW, the holiday games in PA have been bad for me so far. I wonder when PA will finally get some decent new games.

SE PA
      United States
      Member #93582
      July 3, 2010
      1872 Posts
      Posted: November 3, 2010, 11:43 pm - IP Logged

See, tonight I got #28 on Merry Millionaire - the end of rolls should be good on the first couple rolls - and it lost. I wanted #29, but left for about 15-20 minutes and it was gone. Wouldn't be surprised if it was another loser. I have gotten 7 Merry Millionaires with 1 winner. #3 lost twice, #4 won $20, #6 lost twice, #16 lost, and #28 lost. Highest I've won on the new $2 tickets is $4. No luck on two new $3 tickets or three new $10 tickets today.

Think I'm only spending $10 tomorrow.

The Ville, FL
        United States
        Member #95879
        August 19, 2010
        1708 Posts
        Posted: November 4, 2010, 10:53 am - IP Logged

Yea Matt the holiday ones are hit or miss here also. I have played several of them and most I have won is my $ back. Plus the first winner just claimed her $1 Mill winner (and there is 3) so I probably wont play the Holiday Millionaire ticket for a little bit.

SE PA
          United States
          Member #93582
          July 3, 2010
          1872 Posts
          Posted: November 4, 2010, 6:34 pm - IP Logged

Yea Matt the holiday ones are hit or miss here also. I have played several of them and most I have won is my $ back. Plus the first winner just claimed her $1 Mill winner (and there is 3) so I probably wont play the Holiday Millionaire ticket for a little bit.

You'd think the states would be a little more generous with the holiday games, but I haven't seen it. Wishing you good luck!

Winner Green won today on #25, but $10.

SE PA
            United States
            Member #93582
            July 3, 2010
            1872 Posts
            Posted: November 4, 2010, 11:16 pm - IP Logged

Finally got a pretty good one.. since I got my $10 back, I decided to play more. Got two $5 Snow Globe Cashes - #38 and #39 - and #39 won $40.

Got one more $20 Merry Millionaire, #24, and lost. But, a profit of $10 tonight - haven't had many profitable days lately.

United States
              Member #97729
              September 22, 2010
              321 Posts
              Posted: November 5, 2010, 2:57 am - IP Logged

You'd think the states would be a little more generous with the holiday games, but I haven't seen it. Wishing you good luck!

Winner Green won today on #25, but $10.

We have a $5 game called Holiday Gifts here in GA. It came out a few weeks ago. I got 1 $10 winner and 3 $15 winners the first 4 times I played, then nothing. I do not understand it. Maybe they put out a bunch of teasers at the beginning of the game. But if as some have stated, the distribution is random, then why would it matter when they were shipped out? I believe that they continue to print tickets; I do not think they print them all at once. The lottery website says that 2 of the 5 $250,000 top prizes have been claimed. I have been tracking them by book number, as well as ticket number.

I had something strange happen today. I  purchased a $10 Jingle Jumbo Bucks ticket #019 [844-115596-019] Wednesday from a very busy lottery retailer. I have never been in there that there was not someone playing the lottery in some form or another. For example, Tuesday, I bought 2 tickets, #011 and #012, and went home and scratched them. None of them won, so I went back maybe 15 minutes after I had purchased them. The numbers had gone up to #015. I purchased it, and went home to scratch it, and it won $20. I went back later that day, and traded it in for tickets #028 and #029. #029 was the last ticket on the roll, and won a free ticket. So this store can obviously go through quite a few tickets.

Well here comes the strange part. Thursday, I went to the same store, and ticket #029 was there, so I purchased it and went home. I scratched it and lost. I usually ask the clerk for the ticket number, before I purchase a ticket, because I have worked out a pattern sometimes. Well I think they had a big winner on #028, and decided to save #029 for me, assuming that it would be a loser, this to teach me a lesson for not purchasing a ticket recently, after hearing the numbers.  Well guess what, the "last" ticket in the pack was 10 later from the same pack, which I had bought from the day before. Knowing that that store can go through 15 tickets in 4 hours, I found it a little strange that there was still one "last ticket" from what turned out to be the same pack as the day before. I purchased #019 [844-115596-019] on Wednesday afternoon, and #029 [844-115596-029] from the same pack roughly 24 hours later.

I have been in there enough that the clerks probably know that I like to buy the last ticket in the book, and I can tell from looking in the trash that a lot of folks keep on scratching till they win. I wonder if he was having a hard time selling that last ticket, and quickly put it in the bin when he saw me walk in, knowing I often buy the last in a book. I know it sounds like I am crazy, but I find it hard to believe that this store only sold 10 extremely popular tickets, in a 24 hour period. They were from the exact same book! I wonder how I can figure this out. Maybe I should send someone in before me, to keep watch. Do you think clerks would do this, or am I just paranoid? Has anyone else had anything strange like this happen to them before? Have you ever been suspicious?

I can say for certain that there is a relatively slow gas station near me that has a bunch of $100-$500 winners posted on the wall. I have never won anything at that location before. I found something interesting on Yahoo Answers today. I do not know if it is possible, or someone is just trying to pull one over on readers.

The question is "Is it possible to look through the gray substance on scratch-off lotto ticket?If so how?"

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
              "It depends where the lotto ticket was made...most places have been a step ahead of crooks with a special formulation of aluminum dust mixed with a binder to cover lotto numbers. You'll need a few hard to find chemicals...in S'pore they are all regulated. The most common way is a mixture of Calcium Carbonate powder (5% by volume), Sodium Acetate (2%) solution, Isopropyl alcohol (40%) and Ammonium Thiocyanate(2%), after these are dissovled in the alcohol, take a cotton swab and brush over the silver substance. The aluminum dust will react with the Thiocyante for 30-40 seconds and then return to its natural state. During this 30 second period hold a black light to the numbers, you will be able to see through the covering.
              Good luck and be careful."

I have no idea if this is true or not, it sounds like b.s. to me, but this could account for all of the small, slow gas stations with bunches of winners on the wall. Either that or the clerks watch people scratch tickets, and buy one themselves, after watching someone throw away 5 non-winning $20 tickets in a row. We need to find a way to install hidden cameras in these stores, to see if there is any funny business going on.

Hell, maybe they have video cameras already installed in these gas stations. I know that you can get security cameras that can transmit wirelessly to a computer for viewing and recording. I wonder if there is anyway to intercept these? Now that is a good idea, if I say so myself.

SE PA
                United States
                Member #93582
                July 3, 2010
                1872 Posts
                Posted: November 5, 2010, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

I have never seen a worse $20 game in my life. Now #4 on Merry Millionaire even loses! One more try tonight, and then back to the old $20 games. The $2 tickets are really pathetic, too.

SE PA
                  United States
                  Member #93582
                  July 3, 2010
                  1872 Posts
                  Posted: November 5, 2010, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

We have a $5 game called Holiday Gifts here in GA. It came out a few weeks ago. I got 1 $10 winner and 3 $15 winners the first 4 times I played, then nothing. I do not understand it. Maybe they put out a bunch of teasers at the beginning of the game. But if as some have stated, the distribution is random, then why would it matter when they were shipped out? I believe that they continue to print tickets; I do not think they print them all at once. The lottery website says that 2 of the 5 $250,000 top prizes have been claimed. I have been tracking them by book number, as well as ticket number.

I had something strange happen today. I  purchased a $10 Jingle Jumbo Bucks ticket #019 [844-115596-019] Wednesday from a very busy lottery retailer. I have never been in there that there was not someone playing the lottery in some form or another. For example, Tuesday, I bought 2 tickets, #011 and #012, and went home and scratched them. None of them won, so I went back maybe 15 minutes after I had purchased them. The numbers had gone up to #015. I purchased it, and went home to scratch it, and it won $20. I went back later that day, and traded it in for tickets #028 and #029. #029 was the last ticket on the roll, and won a free ticket. So this store can obviously go through quite a few tickets.

Well here comes the strange part. Thursday, I went to the same store, and ticket #029 was there, so I purchased it and went home. I scratched it and lost. I usually ask the clerk for the ticket number, before I purchase a ticket, because I have worked out a pattern sometimes. Well I think they had a big winner on #028, and decided to save #029 for me, assuming that it would be a loser, this to teach me a lesson for not purchasing a ticket recently, after hearing the numbers.  Well guess what, the "last" ticket in the pack was 10 later from the same pack, which I had bought from the day before. Knowing that that store can go through 15 tickets in 4 hours, I found it a little strange that there was still one "last ticket" from what turned out to be the same pack as the day before. I purchased #019 [844-115596-019] on Wednesday afternoon, and #029 [844-115596-029] from the same pack roughly 24 hours later.

I have been in there enough that the clerks probably know that I like to buy the last ticket in the book, and I can tell from looking in the trash that a lot of folks keep on scratching till they win. I wonder if he was having a hard time selling that last ticket, and quickly put it in the bin when he saw me walk in, knowing I often buy the last in a book. I know it sounds like I am crazy, but I find it hard to believe that this store only sold 10 extremely popular tickets, in a 24 hour period. They were from the exact same book! I wonder how I can figure this out. Maybe I should send someone in before me, to keep watch. Do you think clerks would do this, or am I just paranoid? Has anyone else had anything strange like this happen to them before? Have you ever been suspicious?

I can say for certain that there is a relatively slow gas station near me that has a bunch of $100-$500 winners posted on the wall. I have never won anything at that location before. I found something interesting on Yahoo Answers today. I do not know if it is possible, or someone is just trying to pull one over on readers.

The question is "Is it possible to look through the gray substance on scratch-off lotto ticket?If so how?"

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
                  "It depends where the lotto ticket was made...most places have been a step ahead of crooks with a special formulation of aluminum dust mixed with a binder to cover lotto numbers. You'll need a few hard to find chemicals...in S'pore they are all regulated. The most common way is a mixture of Calcium Carbonate powder (5% by volume), Sodium Acetate (2%) solution, Isopropyl alcohol (40%) and Ammonium Thiocyanate(2%), after these are dissovled in the alcohol, take a cotton swab and brush over the silver substance. The aluminum dust will react with the Thiocyante for 30-40 seconds and then return to its natural state. During this 30 second period hold a black light to the numbers, you will be able to see through the covering.
                  Good luck and be careful."

I have no idea if this is true or not, it sounds like b.s. to me, but this could account for all of the small, slow gas stations with bunches of winners on the wall. Either that or the clerks watch people scratch tickets, and buy one themselves, after watching someone throw away 5 non-winning $20 tickets in a row. We need to find a way to install hidden cameras in these stores, to see if there is any funny business going on.

Hell, maybe they have video cameras already installed in these gas stations. I know that you can get security cameras that can transmit wirelessly to a computer for viewing and recording. I wonder if there is anyway to intercept these? Now that is a good idea, if I say so myself.

Hi - if you can get someone else to see what he/she experiences, that might be the best thing to do. I'm not completely trusting of clerks. But the worst I have experienced was just a joke - the clerk said I won $1,000 when it was $100. Wasn't funny, IMO.

I didn't get another $20 ticket tonight. One out of two Winner Greens won for a massive $10. It was #46.

The Ville, FL
                    United States
                    Member #95879
                    August 19, 2010
                    1708 Posts
                    Posted: November 5, 2010, 10:57 pm - IP Logged

Hi - if you can get someone else to see what he/she experiences, that might be the best thing to do. I'm not completely trusting of clerks. But the worst I have experienced was just a joke - the clerk said I won $1,000 when it was $100. Wasn't funny, IMO.

I didn't get another $20 ticket tonight. One out of two Winner Greens won for a massive $10. It was #46.

Matt, that is a pretty F'ed up joke to do to someone. This guy tried that on me one time but I already knew it wasnt a huge winner. The clerk thought it was funny. But for someone who plays lottery quite a bit, its not funny at all. I just gave him the evil eye and said "that wasnt funny" and walked out.

SE PA
                      United States
                      Member #93582
                      July 3, 2010
                      1872 Posts
                      Posted: November 5, 2010, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

Hi,  B$Rizzle,

Completely agree. He also kept the "joke" going on and on even though I told him I knew it was $100. Have a good night!

United States
                        United States
                        Member #60097
                        April 5, 2008
                        3973 Posts
                        Posted: November 6, 2010, 1:48 am - IP Logged

The 3 dollar Frosty Match and Win games are good..................the early books that is.

KeystoneParty

Big Wins For All!

SE PA
                          United States
                          Member #93582
                          July 3, 2010
                          1872 Posts
                          Posted: November 6, 2010, 1:55 am - IP Logged

I'll try them again tomorrow, Keystone.. they're fun, aren't they? No luck in 4 tickets yet, but I could get better.

SE PA
                            United States
                            Member #93582
                            July 3, 2010
                            1872 Posts
                            Posted: November 7, 2010, 1:19 am - IP Logged

Couldn't get the Frosty Matches because Giant doesn't have them yet, and Acme was closed by the time I left. I did get Bonus Block Bingo #s 84-86. #84 was $0, #85 was $20, and #86 was $6 - so maybe there is something to the mid-80s being good in the game. I got 2 Merry Millionaires. At least got one winner, but only $20 again. #16 won and #17 lost.

SE PA
                              United States
                              Member #93582
                              July 3, 2010
                              1872 Posts
                              Posted: November 7, 2010, 10:06 pm - IP Logged

I'm glad Keystone at least is winning on the $3 Frosty Match and Wins, because I've had the worst luck of any game on that one. Bought 24-28 and 36-39, and ALL lost. I'll have to go back to Bingo soon.

Bought Cash Fever because the Merry Millionaires aren't doing anything. Last ticket #29 did win - only $20, but I'll take it. #15 Winner Green won $10.

Page 22 of 38