Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 8:42 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lucky and unlucky Scratch-off ticket numbers

Topic closed. 561 replies. Last post 6 years ago by MattfromPA.

Page 28 of 38
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #97684
September 21, 2010
16 Posts
Posted: December 10, 2010, 10:31 am - IP Logged

I've been asking around and some winners in central FL have been on even numbers and twin numbers like 55 or 11.  Ticket 18 hit a 500 on Gold Rush and 18 hit again 500 on Monopoly, same store. This store hangs up the winners. I hit 30 dollars on 200 mil spectacuar ticket 55.

Matt, I feel the pain, I got cold and stopped for two weeks but now I am back at it.  I want to play a lot thru Dec. Then cut back in Jan. I'm gving many scratchers out as gifts so ill be buying like crazy. Hoping everyone snags winners!

SE PA
    United States
    Member #93582
    July 3, 2010
    1866 Posts
    Posted: December 10, 2010, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

I've been asking around and some winners in central FL have been on even numbers and twin numbers like 55 or 11.  Ticket 18 hit a 500 on Gold Rush and 18 hit again 500 on Monopoly, same store. This store hangs up the winners. I hit 30 dollars on 200 mil spectacuar ticket 55.

Matt, I feel the pain, I got cold and stopped for two weeks but now I am back at it.  I want to play a lot thru Dec. Then cut back in Jan. I'm gving many scratchers out as gifts so ill be buying like crazy. Hoping everyone snags winners!

Thanks, kovirtuoso. I got some good news financially otherwise, so that makes up for how the Lottery's been. Only won $9 today - $4 on Jingle Bell Doubler #78 and $5 on JBD #81 - but I spent $14 on the game to get that total. Tried a Cash Fever - #21 - and it lost. It seems there's still a very unfair gap from the mid teens through the early 20s.

SE PA
      United States
      Member #93582
      July 3, 2010
      1866 Posts
      Posted: December 10, 2010, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

Got my money back on the 2nd try - put $30 in and got $30 back. This time, #80 BWS won $20 and #15 Money Money Money won $10. The 10x the Money tickets lost (mid-upper 40s and low 50s seem to be losing a lot in the game.) Bonus Block Bingo #30, 31 lost. Must have just missed a winner somehow.

I'll keep trying the $10 games unless I win big or have a big day, because $20 is just too much to spend considering how they have fared.

United States
        Member #97729
        September 22, 2010
        321 Posts
        Posted: December 10, 2010, 10:59 pm - IP Logged

Got my money back on the 2nd try - put $30 in and got $30 back. This time, #80 BWS won $20 and #15 Money Money Money won $10. The 10x the Money tickets lost (mid-upper 40s and low 50s seem to be losing a lot in the game.) Bonus Block Bingo #30, 31 lost. Must have just missed a winner somehow.

I'll keep trying the $10 games unless I win big or have a big day, because $20 is just too much to spend considering how they have fared.

Yeah, I spent $20 once, and was not too happy that I lost. It seems a little too much to spend, when they do not have odds that much better than $10 games. I might get another one one day, if I am feeling really lucky, or just have so much to spend on the lottery that I don't care. Having seen 5 $20 losers in a row in the trash, I would not want to chase losses on that ticket. One only, and if I hit then great, if not I will just move on.

SE PA
          United States
          Member #93582
          July 3, 2010
          1866 Posts
          Posted: December 10, 2010, 11:06 pm - IP Logged

CarHauler - I actually saw 9 losers in a row on Cash Fever in the wastebasket. The person must have won something and then threw it away, because there were 15 tickets or so in the wastebasket at once. That made me sure I'm doing the right thing in not getting a $20 except in rare circumstances. Used to be a good game, but not now.

Any other good wins to report, CarHauler? That $150 you got was excellent. I've only gotten above $100 twice, and it took a year of playing to get $200. Hope it's not another year before I win higher than $200.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
            Pennsylvania
            United States
            Member #74096
            May 2, 2009
            22980 Posts
            Posted: December 10, 2010, 11:08 pm - IP Logged

Hi Matt! I don't have any good news to report, the tickets have been so predictable for me lately - a double bell on the Jingle tickets ($2) brings

$2x2 = $4 Roll Eyes that seems to be the going rate these days on those. They were alright when they came out, but now, any symbol which would

in past days cause a stir of excitement now only brings the same type of feeling an 022 ticket brings....you KNOW exactly what the prize is going to be:

$4 jolly dollars. From excitement to deflation...022 and $4 will do that fast to a person. I'm insulted when I reveal a symbol and it's the cheesiest

win available. I think a symbol should be special...like a million or so...LOL

I had a $100 winner on a Snow Globe Cash, it had 10, $10 winning spots - ticket number: 028

That's about the best I have to report....but know, I'm still scratching and searching and hoping to uncover the big one one of these days....MILL!

Good luck and find a good one!

SE PA
              United States
              Member #93582
              July 3, 2010
              1866 Posts
              Posted: December 10, 2010, 11:11 pm - IP Logged

Hi Matt! I don't have any good news to report, the tickets have been so predictable for me lately - a double bell on the Jingle tickets ($2) brings

$2x2 = $4 Roll Eyes that seems to be the going rate these days on those. They were alright when they came out, but now, any symbol which would

in past days cause a stir of excitement now only brings the same type of feeling an 022 ticket brings....you KNOW exactly what the prize is going to be:

$4 jolly dollars. From excitement to deflation...022 and $4 will do that fast to a person. I'm insulted when I reveal a symbol and it's the cheesiest

win available. I think a symbol should be special...like a million or so...LOL

I had a $100 winner on a Snow Globe Cash, it had 10, $10 winning spots - ticket number: 028

That's about the best I have to report....but know, I'm still scratching and searching and hoping to uncover the big one one of these days....MILL!

Good luck and find a good one!

Hi, dr65 - was the Snow Globe Cash win when it first came out? I did win $40 on it once on #39, but the last few have lost. Jingle Bell Doubler had some $20 wins, but I agree that it has dropped off. I wish you good luck in getting that big one!

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                Pennsylvania
                United States
                Member #74096
                May 2, 2009
                22980 Posts
                Posted: December 10, 2010, 11:30 pm - IP Logged

Hey! Good job with those Jingle tickets...my area must stock the rejects, I swear double bells mean I can usually expect to see a 4 on the win line.

I got the Snow Globe on Monday, that was a lucky one. Usually it's nothing on those for me or $5. It's just that that snowman is so cute and kind

of hard to resist. I'd be hard pressed to say just which ticket is my favorite right now. Probably none of them. LOL OH I saw the new bingo ticket, I

was not impressed...how many Bingo tickets does that make out now?

SE PA
                  United States
                  Member #93582
                  July 3, 2010
                  1866 Posts
                  Posted: December 10, 2010, 11:34 pm - IP Logged

Hey! Good job with those Jingle tickets...my area must stock the rejects, I swear double bells mean I can usually expect to see a 4 on the win line.

I got the Snow Globe on Monday, that was a lucky one. Usually it's nothing on those for me or $5. It's just that that snowman is so cute and kind

of hard to resist. I'd be hard pressed to say just which ticket is my favorite right now. Probably none of them. LOL OH I saw the new bingo ticket, I

was not impressed...how many Bingo tickets does that make out now?

I finally saw the new second edition Bingo, too. It was out, but might look for it again. I wouldn't be surprised if second edition is an even cheaper one. Perhaps I should try Snow Globe Cash more? That makes two on here that have won $100 on it. Good job!

Have you seen any more $100 winners on Money Money Money? It is so hard to win over $20 on that game, IMO.

SE PA
                    United States
                    Member #93582
                    July 3, 2010
                    1866 Posts
                    Posted: December 10, 2010, 11:53 pm - IP Logged

CarHauler - I actually saw 9 losers in a row on Cash Fever in the wastebasket. The person must have won something and then threw it away, because there were 15 tickets or so in the wastebasket at once. That made me sure I'm doing the right thing in not getting a $20 except in rare circumstances. Used to be a good game, but not now.

Any other good wins to report, CarHauler? That $150 you got was excellent. I've only gotten above $100 twice, and it took a year of playing to get $200. Hope it's not another year before I win higher than $200.

Meant bought at once.. it looked like #13, #14, #24 won, because they were missing, and the person stopped at Cash Fever #26.

SE PA
                      United States
                      Member #93582
                      July 3, 2010
                      1866 Posts
                      Posted: December 11, 2010, 7:04 pm - IP Logged

Today was a good day. I had a personal milestone - finally won $100 on a $2 ticket! It was on Jingle Bell Doubler #000. Haven't heard about the beginning of the roll being good on $2 games, but this game has been good in the first 15 tickets - there was also PHILLIESPHAN's $40 win on #12. I'll scan the ticket and post it in the Post Your Winning Tickets Here thread later.

United States
                        Member #97729
                        September 22, 2010
                        321 Posts
                        Posted: December 12, 2010, 12:15 am - IP Logged

Today was a good day. I had a personal milestone - finally won $100 on a $2 ticket! It was on Jingle Bell Doubler #000. Haven't heard about the beginning of the roll being good on $2 games, but this game has been good in the first 15 tickets - there was also PHILLIESPHAN's $40 win on #12. I'll scan the ticket and post it in the Post Your Winning Tickets Here thread later.

That is excellent, $100 off of a $2 ticket. I think the highest I have off of a $2 ticket is $15, if memory serves me right. I did get $100 on a $1 ticket, and that is pretty rare, just like on a $2 ticket. I have won $40 and $150 on a $5 ticket, and $50 and $100 on a $10 ticket. $500 is the next milestone I am looking for, but I would be very excited to win $200. I do not get very excited on wins below $25 on a $5 ticket, or $40 on a $10 ticket. I consider 5 times the value of the ticket to be worth mentioning, so 50x the value is really good. On the other hand, if I win even $7 on a $1 ticket, that is not worth mentioning, that is why I usually avoid them. The only $20 ticket I have ever bought lost.

I did win $150 this past Monday and then another $100 on Friday. If I can keep this up, I will be a really happy camper. I should quit while ahead, but where is the fun in that. I will have to re-think the way I play. I did not really expect to win on my biggest winners. As a rule I avoid machines, but that is where I got my biggest winner. I usually avoid the first ticket presented on a roll, for example #029 or #000, depending on the way they put out the tickets, but I won $100 on the first in the roll, #029. I usually avoid QT and $1 tickets, but that is where I won $100.

There you have it. You really never know what to expect. Now I just need a friend at the lottery office, not in my family...

United States
                          Member #97729
                          September 22, 2010
                          321 Posts
                          Posted: December 12, 2010, 12:25 am - IP Logged

Buy 6 in a row. Scratch till you win, then give away the unscratched ones. You can win this way, and have some to give away. You never know, you might just be doing someone a huge favor. I won $10 and $150 on two consecutive tickets that I got out of a machine. If I had scratched the $10 winner first, I would have never bought the second one, and I would have never known what I lost. And that is the name of the game. Oh by the way, I have these 3D glasses that should allow you to see through the tickets, and I will sell them for $100 each.

SE PA
                            United States
                            Member #93582
                            July 3, 2010
                            1866 Posts
                            Posted: December 12, 2010, 12:50 am - IP Logged

That is excellent, $100 off of a $2 ticket. I think the highest I have off of a $2 ticket is $15, if memory serves me right. I did get $100 on a $1 ticket, and that is pretty rare, just like on a $2 ticket. I have won $40 and $150 on a $5 ticket, and $50 and $100 on a $10 ticket. $500 is the next milestone I am looking for, but I would be very excited to win $200. I do not get very excited on wins below $25 on a $5 ticket, or $40 on a $10 ticket. I consider 5 times the value of the ticket to be worth mentioning, so 50x the value is really good. On the other hand, if I win even $7 on a $1 ticket, that is not worth mentioning, that is why I usually avoid them. The only $20 ticket I have ever bought lost.

I did win $150 this past Monday and then another $100 on Friday. If I can keep this up, I will be a really happy camper. I should quit while ahead, but where is the fun in that. I will have to re-think the way I play. I did not really expect to win on my biggest winners. As a rule I avoid machines, but that is where I got my biggest winner. I usually avoid the first ticket presented on a roll, for example #029 or #000, depending on the way they put out the tickets, but I won $100 on the first in the roll, #029. I usually avoid QT and $1 tickets, but that is where I won $100.

There you have it. You really never know what to expect. Now I just need a friend at the lottery office, not in my family...

I agree - generally I'm very happy with $10 on a $1 ticket, $20 on a $2 ticket, $20 on a $3 ticket, $25 on a $5 ticket, $40 on a $10 ticket, and $50 on a $20 ticket. But any win I get I appreciate. I've found it's harder to win than I thought when I was getting so many $100s. We both had a good week overall - hope we keep it up!

United States
                              Member #97729
                              September 22, 2010
                              321 Posts
                              Posted: December 12, 2010, 2:38 am - IP Logged

I spent $25 on Holiday Gifts at three different stores, and I won $40 on those. At one store, 008 lost and 007 won a free ticket. In another book, ticket 031 won $10. At another store, lucky number 039 won $10, and I call it lucky because it is half way between 026 (which I won $150) and 052 (which I won $40). The $40 and $150 are my two highest winners in that game. I won $20 on ticket 052 from another store. I have won $20 twice on that number, $40 another time, and lost on one, so that averages out to $20 every time I play 052 on Holiday Gifts.

I lost on Giant Jumbo Bucks 011 at one store, and won a free ticket on 024 at another. I won $20 on Jingle Jumbo Bucks #003, and a whopping $3 on the $2 ticket Betty Boop Holiday Surprise. I spent $50 and won $68, so I made a nice little profit of $18. Not enough to go bragging about, but a decent end to the week. It looks like I will have made an overall profit of $133 this week. Not too wonderful when you realize that you had a $150 and a $100 winner this week, but you have to spend money to make it. I am not complaining. I thank God every time I win, and pray for more winners.

Most of you folks up north are not too excited by snow, but some of us down here in the deep south are. I wish this rain would end, and the snow would hurry up and get here. I like to dream big, but it does not look to me like we will see much snow here at all. If there is any accumulation, it will probably be less than an inch. We are looking at much colder than normal temperatures than average for the next two weeks, with near normal precipitation. The nice thing about active times like this is that we might also see some more wintery weather near the end of the week, and then the week after. Perhaps we will see a white Christmas.

Page 28 of 38