Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 4:14 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lucky and unlucky Scratch-off ticket numbers

Topic closed. 561 replies. Last post 6 years ago by MattfromPA.

Page 34 of 38
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #97729
September 22, 2010
321 Posts
Posted: January 2, 2011, 4:58 pm - IP Logged

OK, back to the lottery. I spent $55 on New Year's eve, and ended up keeping $45 of it. The 1st, I ended up losing all but $10, and then I lost that today. So I basically suck right now.

SE PA
    United States
    Member #93582
    July 3, 2010
    1872 Posts
    Posted: January 3, 2011, 12:11 am - IP Logged

#28 on Million Dollar Mega Multiplier won $40 - nothing special, but might make me try the game again. Glad it won because this time #008 Cash Fever lost.

Got the same area of Sizzlin Sevens as when I got lucky - #66-73 - but this time 2 winners of $2 each. Maybe it was a fluke win before.

20x the Money from #25-28 just had one winner for $5. Winner was #28.

United States
      Member #97729
      September 22, 2010
      321 Posts
      Posted: January 3, 2011, 12:46 am - IP Logged

I am so mad at myself. Last year, I decided that draw games were not for me because I was losing so much more at them than on instant games, but that was when I was buying $2, $3 and $5 games and only spending $5 to $10 a day at the most. Back then I thought a $5 ticket was expensive, and a $10 ticket was insane! I have decided to play a little here recently.

I played Cash 3 the other day, 10 numbers box/straight. I had 8 tickets with at least 1 number correct, and  2 tickets with 2 numbers correct 548 and 428. I was going to play 648, but my overly smart mind figured that that was too obvious of a number, too even, no it won't happen, but it did. I could have killed myself. I would have won 6548 $250 Box + $40 straight. It was 1 number off, and that would have won some money in other states such as Florida, $10. At least I would have gotten my money back. 4268 would have won $40 boxed if I had picked that number. Either way I lost out on winning between $40 and $290, just because I ignored a combination that I knew was too obvious!

What stupid did I do tonight you might ask? I saved $21 by only playing 5 out of the 26 tickets that I wheeled. I narrowed them down by using filters. I was 1 number away from winning Fantasy 5, had I played all 26 numbers, I would have only made $144 for the 4 correct numbers, $27 for 3 out of 5 ($9 x 3 winners) for a total of $171 and 13 free tickets. What did I get for saving my money???? $9 and a free ticket! What an idiot I am! Saving $21 lost me $162 + 12 free quick picks.

What did I get from the $35 that I spent on instant games tonight? $17, so I got almost exactly half my money back. Whooptey F'ing doo. But sure as sh*t as soon as I spend any money on Fantasy 5 I will not hit even 1 number. I just can't win to save my life. When I wheel a number, I need to play it, all the combinations. I am going to rethink draw games a little more. Oh, and I was scratching what I thought was a 7 (it was 27), so as I was scratching off the amount, I was like I won $500, but no, it was the wrong number, but at least a different number won $15. And the shocker for the night? My $2 ticket actually won a free ticket. Nice to know that I am already behind over $80 for the year, This is getting old quick!

SE PA
        United States
        Member #93582
        July 3, 2010
        1872 Posts
        Posted: January 3, 2011, 12:55 am - IP Logged

Hi, CarHauler - I almost never win on Powerball or Mega Millions. Maybe I should look into the systems more, but I occupy myself with the scratch-offs a lot already. Hope your luck improves. I still have quite a few days when I get 1/2 or less of my money back on scratch-offs.

United States
          Member #97729
          September 22, 2010
          321 Posts
          Posted: January 3, 2011, 1:19 am - IP Logged

Hi, CarHauler - I almost never win on Powerball or Mega Millions. Maybe I should look into the systems more, but I occupy myself with the scratch-offs a lot already. Hope your luck improves. I still have quite a few days when I get 1/2 or less of my money back on scratch-offs.

No, not Powerball or Mega Millions. Those have jackpot odds of 1 in 195,249,054 and 1 in 175,711,536, respectively. Those are astronomical odds. I have hit 3 out of 5 on Fantasy 5 a few times, but this is the first time that I had 4 out of 5 numbers, but I did not play them. I don't have a playslip, but I do have a file with a timestamp to prove this. Although Fantasy 5 might only pay out $50,000 to $500,000 on average, it has jackpot odds of 1 in 575,757. That is more than 300 times better odds, and is actually a lot better than the top prize odds of many scratch offs. The odds compared can also be related as 0.0029488337495350937782264491791084, if you were converting it to a percentage. I had 4 out of 5 numbers, but did not play it. I would have played 07-12-18-30-32, had I played all 26 combinations. The winning numbers were 7-15-18-30-32.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
            Pennsylvania
            United States
            Member #74096
            May 2, 2009
            23233 Posts
            Posted: January 3, 2011, 1:22 am - IP Logged

I need Keystone! lol! Since when does a book of Treasure Hunt end with 056 What?  I did the quick shot on the vending machine and it beeped

after 4 tickets shot out...I thought okay, that roll is done I'll just select another ticket...picked a Jingle thing and reached down, picked up

my tickets took note of the numbers and said: huh? Tickets 053, 054, 055, 056 were there and the light on the machine for that ticket stated:

OUT

If it was a malfunction, there would have been a red line through the window where the price normally is...but no, it just said OUT.

A little background on this particular store....it's a gas station/mini-mart...employees come and go there - there's always new faces. Now, here

goes the investigative mind of dr...What if someone took 2/3's of the tickets before putting them in the machine? Blue Thinking At the time of night I was

there and on a few other nights of the week at that time, I notice the same 2 people working - boyfriend/girlfriend I'm assuming, they seem

rather chummy...anyway that's neither here nor there UNLESS they are in cahoots in what I'm getting at here. I've seen them on shift, playing

the tickets...and heard them tell stories of hitting $2 here, $10 there...I've seen them at the machine - buying and tinkering with it. Only time will

tell (ie: they're not there anymore...they got fired) This brings me to my important question: Can a bin be filled only half or a third of the way?

I have seen machines open and know there are buttons inside. I wonder if there is a report recorded for what is sold from the machine. If

149 tickets in a pack are supposed to be put in, who knows if 1/2 are put in. There must be a record kept...otherwise, people who think they're

smart can just stock 1/2 packs.

Oh well, just thought I'd bring that little oddity up, just something to think about. I guess I would be alittle ticked if I was buying $20 tickets

and found out the last loser I got at number 015 was the last one in the bin...and I wanted the next one. See what I mean? Thieves could

ruin a chance at that million....could have been the next one out! Confused

SE PA
              United States
              Member #93582
              July 3, 2010
              1872 Posts
              Posted: January 3, 2011, 2:20 am - IP Logged

No, not Powerball or Mega Millions. Those have jackpot odds of 1 in 195,249,054 and 1 in 175,711,536, respectively. Those are astronomical odds. I have hit 3 out of 5 on Fantasy 5 a few times, but this is the first time that I had 4 out of 5 numbers, but I did not play them. I don't have a playslip, but I do have a file with a timestamp to prove this. Although Fantasy 5 might only pay out $50,000 to $500,000 on average, it has jackpot odds of 1 in 575,757. That is more than 300 times better odds, and is actually a lot better than the top prize odds of many scratch offs. The odds compared can also be related as 0.0029488337495350937782264491791084, if you were converting it to a percentage. I had 4 out of 5 numbers, but did not play it. I would have played 07-12-18-30-32, had I played all 26 combinations. The winning numbers were 7-15-18-30-32.

Oh, that is too bad. Don't you hate when thst happens? As for Powerball and MegaMillions, those are the ones I play. It's been months and months since my last win.

SE PA
                United States
                Member #93582
                July 3, 2010
                1872 Posts
                Posted: January 3, 2011, 9:29 pm - IP Logged

OK, simple comment: these new games in  PA, as predicted, are the worst yet. I knew when they took off the codes that they had bad intentions. I keep losing and losing. All I'm spending is $20 on $2 tickets tomorrow. If they strike out, then nothing the next day. That's how disgusted I am.

Here's my lousy day:

#11 Mega Multiplier - loss

#10, 11 20x the Money - losses

#95, 96 Sizzlin' 7s - losses

#51-54 20x the Money - only #53 won, and for $5

SE PA
                  United States
                  Member #93582
                  July 3, 2010
                  1872 Posts
                  Posted: January 4, 2011, 9:38 pm - IP Logged

Got #107-117 on Sizzlin Sevens, with a measley $5 in return. #109 won $3 and #117 won $2. Seven losers in a row on a new game. I'm like CarHauler: seems they are making it harder to win, so soon I'll see if it changes or I have to take a break.

United States
                    Member #97729
                    September 22, 2010
                    321 Posts
                    Posted: January 5, 2011, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

I did end up playing Mega Millions, and I used the megaplier on 5 out of 6 tickets. I got the gold ball on two of them, one with megaplier($8) and one without($2). I would have made $16 if I had used megaplier on both, instead of $10. If you do decide to play Mega Millions, I would use the Megaplier.

I have struck out on the last 3 Georgia Lottery Black tickets. 015, 022 and 026 all lost. I think I am making marginally more money out of the machines, as that cuts down on employees playing, at least to a certain extent. The tickets are not at their fingertips like they are at gas stations, and if someone sees an employee buying tickets every 25 minutes, someone is bound to determine that the employee is not doing their job.

We will see. Sorry to hear that you are having bad luck. I am coming full circle pretty soon, meaning that I am hopefully near the end of my losing streak, and that things should be looking up now. It seems like this pattern repeats itself, kind of like a bell curve where I suddenly start doing real good. I hope I am on the upswing now.

If I find a definite pattern, maybe I will play only on certain days of the week or month, and avoid the others. I wonder if the lottery puts out tickets so that there will be winners for a while to get players going, then follows them with losers so that people like me will make the stupid mistake of losing tons of money looking for the other big winners.

It kind of makes sense. Being excited over back to back wins of $100 or more has made me spend much more than I normally would. It really emboldened me and I spent like a madman to get those other $100 winners, but no such luck.

I don't know if you saw my other post where I am trying to get current and former lottery officials to tell their secrets, but so far I haven't had anyone oblige. http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/225682

SE PA
                      United States
                      Member #93582
                      July 3, 2010
                      1872 Posts
                      Posted: January 5, 2011, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

Hi, CarHauler - had a better day today. Keep playing smaller, and there's a good chance your luck will come around. Put in $23 and got $105 today.

#89 Sizzlin' Sevens won $100. My second $100 win on a $2 ticket. Got a 77 symbol, three $7 matches, and a $2 match. The three from the other machine lost, and by pure luck, I got one from the other machine before I left. That was the winner. Odds of winning $100 on the game are almost 1 in 3,000, so that was lucky.

United States
                        Member #97729
                        September 22, 2010
                        321 Posts
                        Posted: January 6, 2011, 1:47 am - IP Logged

Congratulations on that one. That is an excellent win, especially on a $2 ticket. How much do you spend percentage wise on the $2 tickets as compared to the others? What are you playing the most? This is making me think about buying a few more $2 tickets, but I lose almost every time I play them. That or a free tickets, or if I am really lucky then I will win $3. That is a real insult to me, $3. They should just take those and shove them. I think I would rather lose, and let someone have a chance at a $5 prize. Really. Maybe they should start paying $1.50 on $1 winners (I really shouldn't give them any ideas).

SE PA
                          United States
                          Member #93582
                          July 3, 2010
                          1872 Posts
                          Posted: January 6, 2011, 1:56 am - IP Logged

Thanks, CarHauler! I've been playing mostly $2 tickets lately because I was starting to lose too much money again. The Sizzlin' Sevens have defintely had their bad streaks, but I've gotten good hits twice. Remember, there was also the 4 winners in a row for $47 total. I have yet to win more than $20 on 20x the Money ($5 game). 20x the Money usually loses or gives $5. The extra $5 tonight was from a 20x the Money win on #12. Mega Multiplier hasn't given me more than $40 and mostly has lost. So I thought I'd try cutting back on the spending and playing more of the $2s. Tonight it happened to work.

LOL - sometimes I joke that we'll be seeing $1 wins on $2 tickets.

United States
                            United States
                            Member #60097
                            April 5, 2008
                            3974 Posts
                            Posted: January 6, 2011, 2:27 am - IP Logged

I need Keystone! lol! Since when does a book of Treasure Hunt end with 056 What?  I did the quick shot on the vending machine and it beeped

after 4 tickets shot out...I thought okay, that roll is done I'll just select another ticket...picked a Jingle thing and reached down, picked up

my tickets took note of the numbers and said: huh? Tickets 053, 054, 055, 056 were there and the light on the machine for that ticket stated:

OUT

If it was a malfunction, there would have been a red line through the window where the price normally is...but no, it just said OUT.

A little background on this particular store....it's a gas station/mini-mart...employees come and go there - there's always new faces. Now, here

goes the investigative mind of dr...What if someone took 2/3's of the tickets before putting them in the machine? Blue Thinking At the time of night I was

there and on a few other nights of the week at that time, I notice the same 2 people working - boyfriend/girlfriend I'm assuming, they seem

rather chummy...anyway that's neither here nor there UNLESS they are in cahoots in what I'm getting at here. I've seen them on shift, playing

the tickets...and heard them tell stories of hitting $2 here, $10 there...I've seen them at the machine - buying and tinkering with it. Only time will

tell (ie: they're not there anymore...they got fired) This brings me to my important question: Can a bin be filled only half or a third of the way?

I have seen machines open and know there are buttons inside. I wonder if there is a report recorded for what is sold from the machine. If

149 tickets in a pack are supposed to be put in, who knows if 1/2 are put in. There must be a record kept...otherwise, people who think they're

smart can just stock 1/2 packs.

Oh well, just thought I'd bring that little oddity up, just something to think about. I guess I would be alittle ticked if I was buying $20 tickets

and found out the last loser I got at number 015 was the last one in the bin...and I wanted the next one. See what I mean? Thieves could

ruin a chance at that million....could have been the next one out! Confused

Yep...................there should be 150 on each roll of the 2 dollar tickets........................that is interesting it happened on 2 different books.  That store should be reported immediately and your money should be refunded.

sidenote:  I suspect 56/65 will be key in quinto!  This is your sign for that!

Big Wins For All!

SE PA
                              United States
                              Member #93582
                              July 3, 2010
                              1872 Posts
                              Posted: January 6, 2011, 6:16 pm - IP Logged

I only spent $40 of the $105, and what was unusual is that all my tickets won:

#67 BWS - $10

#32, 33 2nd edition Bingo - $5 and $10

#3 Mega Multiplier - $20

Only got $5 more than I put in, but that was neat.

Page 34 of 38