Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Post your scratch ticket results

13604 replies. Last post 3 days ago by Chris$.

Page 518 of 907
PrintE-mailLink
Douglasville, GA
United States
Member #126604
April 12, 2012
869 Posts
Posted: May 21, 2013, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

Brought a $300 book of these returned $140

Man this game is killing me. I am giving it up for awhile.  I am throwing money away!

Alabama
    United States
    Member #125065
    March 24, 2012
    210 Posts
    Posted: May 21, 2013, 10:05 pm - IP Logged

I have a very sick feeling I missed a big win today.  GA has a new game 20th Anniversary $20 game, so I buy ticket #9 and get nothing then grab #10 plus some others.  I get $40 on ticket #10.  Meanwhile there is another guy in the store playing tickets from the bin I just played from.  I am waiting in line while he grabs another since the 2 he played after me were duds.  He grabs some other tickets along with ticket #13.  Here is where the story got me sick.  These tickets can be entered online for a second chance at $5,000,000.  The guy scratches his tickets then #13.  He looks at the ticket and walks out of the store leaving the other tickets he had on the counter.  I look at the tickets laying on the counter and notice one of them is a $5 winner and pick up the other non-winners so I can enter them online.  Then it dawns on me, why would he leave a winning ticket on the counter and why would he leave the non-winning tickets he could enter online but take the one.  So if you are in GA and hear of a guy winning $1mil or $5mil in Villa Rica, I was at that store and was that close to winning.  I am really hoping it was $1,000 win.  If I was that close to winning $1mil I would never get over it!  I would probably never play again either.  Being that close would never happen again.

Alot of people dont play the 2nd chance drawings for one you have to keep up with the tickets which is no problem for me and two some people hate waiting for the promotion to end.BTW the 100 Million Fortunes drawing is tonight hope I win.

Lucki723's avatar - Lottery-011.jpg
      Florida
      United States
      Member #62713
      July 6, 2008
      3715 Posts
      Posted: May 21, 2013, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

No, unfortunately they aren't from the same roll. That would definitely be interesting. But just as an example, last week I got a GRT, it broke even, anyway---ended up getting 4 consecutive winners, one of those being a hundred. All of the darker background...get a few of the GRT elsewhere, all losers, all the brighter background. It's just gotten to the point where it definitely is holding true-- The darker background tickets are much better. Just last night, got a GRT on triple zero, it had the coin stack and a single match, twenty dollar winner. Got the next ticket, coin stack and single match again, this time a hundred dollar winner. Again, the darker background....today got a GRT, brighter pink, loser....got the next one anyway---loser. So, I wish there were a way to notice BEFORE scratching, but it's just my recommendation that if you are playing GRT and you scratch off a brighter pink background, then stop playing that roll. I've noticed this other times with other different games, but it seems to be happening currently with GRT, at least in South Florida.

I'm ready for a big win!

Thanks OldschoolHits I'll look into that. Here is an observation that I have made with GRT and some other scratchers:

1. When you see consecutive number for Example Wining number is 7 and you get a 5 or a 6 on multiple occasions on the same ticket chances are thats a losing ticket. (Not all the time but most of the time)

2. I have also noted  that when you see a roll That gives a bunch of $5 dollar wins on $5 Dollar tickets and $10 Dollar Wins on $10 Dollar Tickets and so forth - Usually those rolls don have any Significant wins.  (Not all the time but most of the time)

3.Chances are when you Get a $500 Dollar Win most of the time the rest of the roll does not have a signfaicbt win after that.  (Not all the time but most of the time)

I use the disclaimer  (Not all the time but most of the time) becouse this is a game of chance and luck and anything can happen.

Keep moving Forward.

Ga
        United States
        Member #133473
        September 30, 2012
        108 Posts
        Posted: May 22, 2013, 1:40 am - IP Logged

Man this game is killing me. I am giving it up for awhile.  I am throwing money away!

Herd, what game are u talking about? Had a pretty good day today, only played like 5 ticks but got 2 $70 winners on 20th annivrsary and 2 $20 winners in the new $10 game. Nothing Big but Enough to make about a $90 profit, i called it a day after that.

Hollywood, fl
          United States
          Member #140096
          March 10, 2013
          376 Posts
          Posted: May 22, 2013, 7:41 am - IP Logged

I got these two yesterday, the only two I bought

Should I keep playing this roll or no

South Park, PA
            United States
            Member #105382
            January 30, 2011
            95 Posts
            Posted: May 22, 2013, 10:49 am - IP Logged

Put in $40, won $30 back today. Most notable is the clerk asked for a tip on $25 winnings! I've never had someone at Giant ask for a tip before. I didn't give it. What is standard lottery etiquette here?

Someone supposedly won $1,000 from that Giant store today. Again, why couldn't it be me?

Here's the deal. IF I ask the clerk to pick a scratch off for me AND it hits, then depending on the amount won, I would probably give that person a tip. $25 winner? What are you going to give them? 10%?

IF I PICK THE TICKET AND IT HITS, I KEEP ALL THE MONEY.

I once had a clerk ask me for a tip before I scratched the $20 ticket.

"Hey, if that ticket is a winner I get a tip right?" 

I told her," Sure, if it's a loser YOU give me half what the ticket cost."

Looked at me like I was from Pluto. Needless to say she didn't want any parts of that deal.

Back in November of 1992, the night clinton was elected, I hit the PA Wild Card lotto for $60,621.00

Quick pick,......I kept all the money. All that was left after the feds took their cut that is.

If the clerk would have picked the numbers for me she would have received a tip.

AJ

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
              Pennsylvania
              United States
              Member #74096
              May 2, 2009
              22947 Posts
              Posted: May 22, 2013, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

Tip imo is BS. You decide to play, tell them how/what you want to play, spend your
              own money to play and wait for the numbers to be drawn....where are they in all that?
              Waiting til you show up the next day to see if you hit?
              Doing the job they are paid to do doesn't imo entitle them to anything from me. I'm
              not sharing my winnings - they aren't sharing my losses.
              If it's an instant ticket they won't get any of that either. It's mine.
              It's like going through the checkout and having the checker say...hey,
              Can I have some of that? wth?
              You tip them once and they want it all the time.
              Whatever happened to: Nice day, isn't it? Now it's: Can I have some money
              if you win.
              Buy your own chance at some easy money cause you ain't gettin' mine.

246 ~~ 485 ~~ 369 ~~ 890 ~~ 705 ~~ 357 ~~ 129 ~~ 165 ~  007 ~ 225 ~ 818 ~ 440 ~  7775 5557

Miami, Florida
                United States
                Member #111795
                June 2, 2011
                581 Posts
                Posted: May 22, 2013, 1:48 pm - IP Logged

Tip imo is BS. You decide to play, tell them how/what you want to play, spend your
                own money to play and wait for the numbers to be drawn....where are they in all that?
                Doing the job they are paid to do doesn't imo entitle them to anything from me. I'm
                if you win.

I tip $20 when I cash in a $500 winner. That's it. That's my policy, if I hit $500, and you cash it out for me and let me keep the ticket, then I tip you twenty bucks. The clerks at my local Publix let me keep my $500 winning tickets. They aren't worth anything anymore but I like to keep a collection of them.

I can't stand when a cashier says "If you hit something good on that, you gotta share it with me" chuckle, chuckle.....

So cheesey!!!!! No class!!!!

Pennsylvania
                  United States
                  Member #74096
                  May 2, 2009
                  22947 Posts
                  Posted: May 22, 2013, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

I tip $20 when I cash in a $500 winner. That's it. That's my policy, if I hit $500, and you cash it out for me and let me keep the ticket, then I tip you twenty bucks. The clerks at my local Publix let me keep my $500 winning tickets. They aren't worth anything anymore but I like to keep a collection of them.

I can't stand when a cashier says "If you hit something good on that, you gotta share it with me" chuckle, chuckle.....

So cheesey!!!!! No class!!!!

I'm not against anyone that decides to tip. I just think it's a real turnoff for a clerk to assert
                  arrogance disguised as good humor when they bring up sharing.
                  Maybe if I was feeling real happy after winning and the clerk didn't suggest a tip, I might on
                  impulse give something. But the ones that bring it up first, they can leave me alone. Mad
                  Big Smile

246 ~~ 485 ~~ 369 ~~ 890 ~~ 705 ~~ 357 ~~ 129 ~~ 165 ~  007 ~ 225 ~ 818 ~ 440 ~  7775 5557

beaudad's avatar - animaniacs26
                    Mid Atlantic States
                    United States
                    Member #60043
                    April 3, 2008
                    1422 Posts
                    Posted: May 22, 2013, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

if you win.

I agree with you Dr...........now I have asked them to pick me a lucky scratchoff....I won one for 400 once.....and I gave the guy 10 bucks.....but that was months ago......

" I don't have a gambling problem,  I have a problem winning!"

Mid Atlantic States
                      United States
                      Member #60043
                      April 3, 2008
                      1422 Posts
                      Posted: May 22, 2013, 9:51 pm - IP Logged

I'm not against anyone that decides to tip. I just think it's a real turnoff for a clerk to assert
                      arrogance disguised as good humor when they bring up sharing.
                      Maybe if I was feeling real happy after winning and the clerk didn't suggest a tip, I might on
                      impulse give something. But the ones that bring it up first, they can leave me alone. Mad
                      Big Smile

well if they have the attitude that it is "owed" to them........that is definately a turn off.......beau

Pittsburgh
                        United States
                        Member #130933
                        July 28, 2012
                        249 Posts
                        Posted: May 23, 2013, 7:17 am - IP Logged

Finally had a decent day. I am on vacation this week.

Bought an Extreme Green early in the morning and finally got a 10X with $10 for $100. First time for a 10X.

Went later in the day to another store and got a 10X Cash. Got two 10X symbols with $5 for another $100.

Hopefully the streak lasts today.Banana

Pennsylvania
                          United States
                          Member #74096
                          May 2, 2009
                          22947 Posts
                          Posted: May 23, 2013, 7:49 am - IP Logged

I agree with you Dr...........now I have asked them to pick me a lucky scratchoff....I won one for 400 once.....and I gave the guy 10 bucks.....but that was months ago......

Hello beaudad!! I hope everything is well!!

Once I collected $250 and feeling a bit generous, (this was awhile back cause lately with the way some clerks are I don't
                          feel too generous with any of them).. a kid was working and I got my money and put a $20 in the instant machine
                          for him and said pick what you want. I know he used play tickets, so I think handing him the $20, it would have wound
                          up in the same place but I just left then. The kid didn't ask for anything but I'll tell you what, anytime I went in there he'd
                          ask me 'Find any winners lately'?
                          Long story, short...that day taught me to just keep my money to myself. I hate feeling like a mark.

beaudad I hope you get a real good win today!! Good luck!!

Mid Atlantic States
                            United States
                            Member #60043
                            April 3, 2008
                            1422 Posts
                            Posted: May 23, 2013, 8:02 am - IP Logged

I agree.....hate to feel like a mark too!!!!  and sometimes to not feel pressure from winning......I take my ticket to another store.........Wink

Mid Atlantic States
                              United States
                              Member #60043
                              April 3, 2008
                              1422 Posts
                              Posted: May 23, 2013, 8:03 am - IP Logged

by the way dr......631 hit last night.....and I was hoping for 147..........hope this helps......!!!!

Page 518 of 907