Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Post your scratch ticket results

13604 replies. Last post 3 days ago by Chris$.

Page 539 of 907
PrintE-mailLink
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #109275
April 9, 2011
1495 Posts
Posted: July 15, 2013, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

Took $3 from the lottery today. Cashed a check for a side job and picked up lunch. In the past I would have spent the whole check as found money. Only played the $12 change I got from lunch. 1-$10 Neon and 1-$2 I heart cash. Neon hit $10 and the $2 hit $5. I ran into a friends mom who use to buy alot of tickets when I worked at a grocery store from (93-03). She was buying $20 after $20 just scratching the bar code and scanning. I asked if she won anything lately and she said no. Even the store owner(not my normal spot) said they been bad as well.

I am happy to just spend $5 here or $10 there and see what happens. The days of spending anything over $20 at a pop are gone though. Also the days of ATM withdraws. Pretty bad when my bank calls me and tells me they see all the ATM charges and said they can convert my account over to a $5 a month straight fee vs paying each time I withdraw outside of their ATM's.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
    NY
    United States
    Member #121961
    January 21, 2012
    3157 Posts
    Posted: July 16, 2013, 9:48 am - IP Logged

Cashed in Pa winners and got another 160. Missed big this time with only 50 back. Once again the 71121 payed back the most. The $20 tics are horrible. Going to detour alittle and stop in Scranton. I'll keep trying until my house near the border sells.

Pennsylvania
      United States
      Member #109275
      April 9, 2011
      1495 Posts
      Posted: July 16, 2013, 11:36 am - IP Logged

Cashed in Pa winners and got another 160. Missed big this time with only 50 back. Once again the 71121 payed back the most. The $20 tics are horrible. Going to detour alittle and stop in Scranton. I'll keep trying until my house near the border sells.

I agree about the $20's. I hit alot of small amounts when the Dazzler came out, but the past few weeks if I got 1 here or there of any $20, they lost. 

I took my $15 and played that and then $4 change I had from the pharmacy. The $1 Cherry Doubler hit $25 and the rest lost, so I am up $6. $3 yesterday and $6 today . At this rate I should profit $12 tomorrow. I like this playing $12 yesterday and $4 today. That way if you win anything decent, it is profit.

United States
        Member #122468
        February 1, 2012
        530 Posts
        Posted: July 16, 2013, 12:18 pm - IP Logged

Hi,  I wonder if some people who haven't posted about their scratch tickets have won big and are no longer posting. I'm thinking about James1 and Skeptic if I have those names correct. I have cut way down on my lottery spending for scratch tickets. I will buy one at a time and will scratch it and if I win anything will walk away and if not will buy one more of the same ticket then leave. Sometimes I will have a couple that I will keep and wait a few weeks before scratching, that way will tell myself that I don't need any scratch tickets. It seems so hard to win anything decent in my state of Mass on scratchers. Being in the right place at the right time seems impossible. Even on the newer scratch tickets I've had no luck. The most I tend to win is just the face value of a ticket. I still have the hope that one day my time will come but I feel like that light is getting dimmer and dimmer.

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
          Jacksonville Florida
          United States
          Member #23018
          October 6, 2005
          918 Posts
          Posted: July 16, 2013, 2:13 pm - IP Logged

Hi,  I wonder if some people who haven't posted about their scratch tickets have won big and are no longer posting. I'm thinking about James1 and Skeptic if I have those names correct. I have cut way down on my lottery spending for scratch tickets. I will buy one at a time and will scratch it and if I win anything will walk away and if not will buy one more of the same ticket then leave. Sometimes I will have a couple that I will keep and wait a few weeks before scratching, that way will tell myself that I don't need any scratch tickets. It seems so hard to win anything decent in my state of Mass on scratchers. Being in the right place at the right time seems impossible. Even on the newer scratch tickets I've had no luck. The most I tend to win is just the face value of a ticket. I still have the hope that one day my time will come but I feel like that light is getting dimmer and dimmer.

That's actually a good way to play. One or two at a time and not chasing wins. This way you limit what you lose and you still have a chance to win big with that all important luck element. As has been shown many times, that one ticket purchase can be a winner either with scratch tickets or online games. And it has also been shown many times that spending huge sums of money usually gets one in serious financial difficulty with no big wins to show for it.

Play responsibly and only spend what you can afford to lose...

Lucki723's avatar - Lottery-011.jpg
            Florida
            United States
            Member #62713
            July 6, 2008
            3715 Posts
            Posted: July 16, 2013, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

That's actually a good way to play. One or two at a time and not chasing wins. This way you limit what you lose and you still have a chance to win big with that all important luck element. As has been shown many times, that one ticket purchase can be a winner either with scratch tickets or online games. And it has also been shown many times that spending huge sums of money usually gets one in serious financial difficulty with no big wins to show for it.

I Agree!

Keep moving Forward.

NE Pennsylvania
              United States
              Member #129347
              June 16, 2012
              57 Posts
              Posted: July 16, 2013, 8:00 pm - IP Logged

I'm 20 minutes from Scranton and wish you the best of luck buying tickets there. Of all northeastern PA to buy tickets, I'd say the Scranton area would be your best bet. They tend to have winners. Stay away from Wilkes-Barre and that vicinity.

Romancandle's avatar - moon
                Upacreek
                United States
                Member #136306
                December 8, 2012
                428 Posts
                Posted: July 16, 2013, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

When regular posters stop posting thier regular winnings, I doubt it's because they won big and disappeared into the sunset... maybe a scant few...

-RC

Romancandle's avatar - moon
                  Upacreek
                  United States
                  Member #136306
                  December 8, 2012
                  428 Posts
                  Posted: July 16, 2013, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

That was my thinking too... but some regulars here swore against that strategy.

I think it's just plain ole dumb luck... right place, right time... granted, there's some things you can do to slightly improve your odds of hitting a decent JP.

Some JP winners on lottery websites will make statements like " this is the first time I ever bought a scratcher or first time I ever played this game" 

Could all be BS too, certainly they probably don't want to admit that they've blown thru considerable sums just to nab that ticket etc.

I agree... only play what you can afford to lose- scratcher's are highly addictive.

Not to be a wet blanket, since this is afterall a thread on "posting winners"... but I haven't bought one for weeks and that's been the best winning strategy I've had in a long timeLOL

W.P.O.R.: A strange game.The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess? or Pick 3/4?

-RC

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
                    Jacksonville Florida
                    United States
                    Member #23018
                    October 6, 2005
                    918 Posts
                    Posted: July 16, 2013, 10:53 pm - IP Logged

That was my thinking too... but some regulars here swore against that strategy.

I think it's just plain ole dumb luck... right place, right time... granted, there's some things you can do to slightly improve your odds of hitting a decent JP.

Some JP winners on lottery websites will make statements like " this is the first time I ever bought a scratcher or first time I ever played this game" 

Could all be BS too, certainly they probably don't want to admit that they've blown thru considerable sums just to nab that ticket etc.

I agree... only play what you can afford to lose- scratcher's are highly addictive.

Not to be a wet blanket, since this is afterall a thread on "posting winners"... but I haven't bought one for weeks and that's been the best winning strategy I've had in a long timeLOL

W.P.O.R.: A strange game.The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess? or Pick 3/4?

Yes, luck is the #1 factor.

You are right about doing some things to slightly improve your odds with scratchers, but the "House" odds on scratch tickets are so bad to start with, a little extra advantage isn't enough to make a dent over time.

That being said, one of the few things I have found that can increase your odds significantly is the knowledge you have of what has been won in a book (or roll) of scratch tickets at a certain point. For example, if you knew that the first half of a $300 book had only $10 or $20 in winners total, it would be worth the gamble to buy the rest of that book (especially in most states that have a set minimum amount of winnings per book). You would probably break even at worst and may even come out ahead. But you would need to know what was won in that first half.

...and nice reference to War Games Smiley

FLORIDA
                      United States
                      Member #127998
                      May 14, 2012
                      404 Posts
                      Posted: July 17, 2013, 11:59 am - IP Logged

Another thing is where you buy the tickets, Im a firm believer that there is targeted distribution.  I posted before of all the GRT tickets sold, in the mandarin area 4 tickets between 1k and 10k have been won, compared to as high as 32 in other zip codes within the city.  I really dont know why I continue to waste my money buying in this area anymore.

biggest hit 10k, Jubilee, 5K Miami Heat, 2K Emerald 8s, 1k jubilee, 1k GRT, 1k heat wave, multiple 500's

good luck in the chase 2013 wins, maybe 4 500's

Miami, Florida
                        United States
                        Member #111795
                        June 2, 2011
                        581 Posts
                        Posted: July 17, 2013, 1:03 pm - IP Logged

Another thing is where you buy the tickets, Im a firm believer that there is targeted distribution.  I posted before of all the GRT tickets sold, in the mandarin area 4 tickets between 1k and 10k have been won, compared to as high as 32 in other zip codes within the city.  I really dont know why I continue to waste my money buying in this area anymore.

Lone Ranger, I don't know, You seem to have hit some good ones in your area! Hahaha, I'm a pretty avid player myself but I've never hit for 10k, 5k, 2k, or 1k  HA!!!!

I think it just comes down to luck.  Although I do believe there is something worth considering in the selection of stores... I've literally stopped going to a couple stores because I NEVER won anything there! I've got other stores--for instance the one last week where I bought 2 single tickets there throughout the week, and one was the GO symbol and the other was a Hundred dollar winner.

I have  a couple stores where I've hit Five hundo a couple times each. I decided to start trying new stores in place of continuing to go to locations where I just never seem to win. One of the stores always has a long line, the girl who works there is rude, and I always lose there. So....finally I got smart and stopped going there! Now watch a grand prize win happen there. If that happens, then it's proof that it's just luck.

In fact, until I figure out a fool-proof system that works consistently (which hasn't happened in 18 years of feverish scratching) then it's all luck.

Also, in response to the topic of Skeptic and James not posting here anymore, I just hope all is well with them.  Skeptic was/is 76 years old, so I pray that he's still around--somewhere if not here. James, just like several of us here, had posted various times that he wanted to quit playing. Maybe he was able to stop cold turkey and just stays away from here.

I miss seeing their posts, too, but overall I just hope they are doing well.

FLORIDA
                          United States
                          Member #127998
                          May 14, 2012
                          404 Posts
                          Posted: July 17, 2013, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

Believe it or not I was still down last year, most were off of $5 dollar tickets, I dont know why I still play the 20 dollar tickets.  This time last year I had probably won 12-15 $500 dollar tickets, this year its been 3 or 4.  Even the clerks are talking about how bad its been.  But all in all you are right, its timing and luck.  I do miss James and Skeptic.  It seemed like when Skeptic would hit down south I would hit the same up here.  He hit his 10K jubilee about 2 weeks before me.  That was pretty much the end of my winning.  Im with you I hope they are doing well. Good luck to you on your end.

biggest hit 10k, Jubilee, 5K Miami Heat, 2K Emerald 8s, 1k jubilee, 1k GRT, 1k heat wave, multiple 500's

good luck in the chase 2013 wins, maybe 4 500's

Hollywood, fl
                            United States
                            Member #140096
                            March 10, 2013
                            376 Posts
                            Posted: July 17, 2013, 10:43 pm - IP Logged

Believe it or not I was still down last year, most were off of $5 dollar tickets, I dont know why I still play the 20 dollar tickets.  This time last year I had probably won 12-15 $500 dollar tickets, this year its been 3 or 4.  Even the clerks are talking about how bad its been.  But all in all you are right, its timing and luck.  I do miss James and Skeptic.  It seemed like when Skeptic would hit down south I would hit the same up here.  He hit his 10K jubilee about 2 weeks before me.  That was pretty much the end of my winning.  Im with you I hope they are doing well. Good luck to you on your end.

Loneranger

DO you happen to have a picture of the 10k you won on the jubilee ticket, if you do can you post a pic here so we can all see  it

Ive never seen a 10k winner, just like to see the pics of them

Mass
                              United States
                              Member #68073
                              December 12, 2008
                              217 Posts
                              Posted: July 18, 2013, 9:49 am - IP Logged

Loneranger

DO you happen to have a picture of the 10k you won on the jubilee ticket, if you do can you post a pic here so we can all see  it

Ive never seen a 10k winner, just like to see the pics of them

Posted this awhile back but in case you missed it, it is better than a picture....

https://youtu.be/a-eJdgCHE7g

Page 539 of 907