Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Win with Magic ( numbers and more)

Topic closed. 384 replies. Last post 5 years ago by sully16.

Page 15 of 26
PrintE-mailLink
sully16's avatar - sharan
Ringleader
Michigan
United States
Member #81740
October 28, 2009
40250 Posts
Posted: May 15, 2011, 4:21 am - IP Logged

KNIFE - I'm sorry but a knife placed under the bed is too easy for a wife to get to when you're trying to sneak into bed at 4:30 in the morning.

LOL noted.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    40250 Posts
    Posted: May 15, 2011, 4:27 am - IP Logged

Sully!!!!  I just saw your thread this is soooo cool,  We Like!!!! Yes!!!!

Sewing: If you sow a rip on a dress while you have it on, you must stick yourself with the needle 3 times, or some illness will overtake you.

I got that from my grandmother!!!!

Thanks Rosie, Ouch a very painful superstition, LOLHyper

Ringleader
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #81740
      October 28, 2009
      40250 Posts
      Posted: May 15, 2011, 8:36 am - IP Logged

Congrats Jade,  I noticed a lot of odd numbers, 5 , 7, 9 on the results board, just a little out of the ordinary.

777 New York= 999 Idaho, I wonder who gets the 555 ?

susscs's avatar - hani
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #89371
        April 6, 2010
        191 Posts
        Posted: May 16, 2011, 10:46 am - IP Logged

Sully,

I was always told that the left hand is the recieving hand and the right is the giving. Left is to receive from God just as you wear your wedding ring on your left hand which links to the heart and god.

Susscs

§

Ringleader
          Michigan
          United States
          Member #81740
          October 28, 2009
          40250 Posts
          Posted: May 16, 2011, 12:33 pm - IP Logged

Sully,

I was always told that the left hand is the recieving hand and the right is the giving. Left is to receive from God just as you wear your wedding ring on your left hand which links to the heart and god.

Susscs

§

Yes, Thank you for sharing.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: May 16, 2011, 1:06 pm - IP Logged

Sully!!!!  I just saw your thread this is soooo cool,  We Like!!!! Yes!!!!

Sewing: If you sow a rip on a dress while you have it on, you must stick yourself with the needle 3 times, or some illness will overtake you.

I got that from my grandmother!!!!

Rosie, please remind me to never let you sew my pants!

Ooch ooch, ouch ouch, eech eech!

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: May 16, 2011, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

Chairso don't sneak into bed at umpteenth o'clock in the morning! at least check under the pillow, before you lay your drunk or guilty but self down!!!LOL...LOL...LOL

I just like peace and quiet, Rosie.

And there's a lot more of it if she don't know what time I came home.

It's better for both of us that way.

--Edmund Burke

Harve$t Moon's avatar - 5str

United States
                Member #76986
                July 10, 2009
                8034 Posts
                Posted: May 16, 2011, 1:57 pm - IP Logged

Sully,

Susscs

§

The women at the Greek restaurant in my neighborhood, wear their wedding rings on their right hand. I rotate my wedding rings to either hand to allow the air to circulate around the fingers. 

It keeps the skin nice. Plus, I make my own traditions! :)  Harve$t Moon

~~~

Your Wedding Ring…Left or Right Hand?

“In some Western countries (UK, other Commonwealth nations, Ireland, the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Iran, Chile, Italy, France, Sweden, and Slovenia), the wedding ring is worn on the left hand.

This choice of finger relates to traditions purportedly dating to classical times, from an early usage reportedly referring to the fourth finger of the left hand as containing the vena amoris or “vein of love”[4]. At least in part due to this tradition, it became acceptable to wear the wedding ring on this finger. By wearing rings on the fourth finger of their left hands, a married couple symbolically declares their eternal love for each other. This has now become a matter of tradition and etiquette in these countries.

In other countries such as Germany, Greece, Russia, Spain, India, Colombia, Venezuela, and Poland, however, it is worn on the right hand. Orthodox Christians and Eastern Europeans also traditionally wear the wedding band on the right hand. Jewish couples wear the wedding ring on the left hand, even though it is placed on the right hand during the marriage ceremony. In The Netherlands, Catholic people wear it on the left, all others on the right; in Austria, Catholic people wear it on the right. In Belgium, the choice of hand depends on the region of the country.

Greek people, many being Orthodox Christians, also wear the wedding rings on the right hand in keeping with Greek tradition. A traditional reason to wear the wedding ring on the right hand stems from Roman custom. The Latin word for left is “sinister”, which in addition to this sense also has the same senses as the English word. The Latin word for right is “dexter”, a word that evolved into “dexterity”. Hence, the left hand had a negative connotation and the right a good one.”

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: May 16, 2011, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

NOW FOR SOME MORE UNLUCKY AND LUCKY SUPERSTITIONS

Cricket- A cricket in the house is good luck.

Counting crows- one's bad

two's luck

three's health

four's wealth

five's sickness

six's death

Cemetery- You must hold your breath and cross you fingers when passing a cemetery or the spirit of the recently deceased will enter you body

Corpse- A woman buried in black will come back and haunt the family.

Dandelions- When a dandelion goes to seed, Blow on the seeds once , the remaining seeds will tell you how many children you will have.

Door- Never leave a house through a door other than the one you used to enter.

Hang garlic from the doors to ward off vampires.

Hanging bells on doors will scare away evil spirits.,

Dog- A dog howling at night when someone in the house is sick is a bad omen.

Ears- If your right ear itches, someone is speaking well of you, if your left ear itches someone is speaking ill of you.

Easter- For good luck wear new clothes on Easter.

Elephant- To bring wealth and prosperity, always face a statue or picture of an elephant towards the door.

Eye- If your right eye twitches there will soon be a birth in the family, if your left eye twitches there will be a death.

Eyelash- If a eyelash falls out, put it on the back of your hand , make a wish and throw it over your shoulder, if it flies off, your wish will be granted.

"Elephant- To bring wealth and prosperity, always face a statue or picture of an elephant towards the door."

I don't have a picture of an elephant so I'm gonna use a picture of one of my ex-mothers-in-law.

Nobody'll know the difference. 

--Edmund Burke

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
                    Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #49980
                    February 21, 2007
                    34096 Posts
                    Posted: May 16, 2011, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

"Elephant- To bring wealth and prosperity, always face a statue or picture of an elephant towards the door."

I don't have a picture of an elephant so I'm gonna use a picture of one of my ex-mothers-in-law.

Nobody'll know the difference. 

LOL!

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

Ringleader
                      Michigan
                      United States
                      Member #81740
                      October 28, 2009
                      40250 Posts
                      Posted: May 17, 2011, 7:54 am - IP Logged

The women at the Greek restaurant in my neighborhood, wear their wedding rings on their right hand. I rotate my wedding rings to either hand to allow the air to circulate around the fingers. 

~~~

“In some Western countries (UK, other Commonwealth nations, Ireland, the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Iran, Chile, Italy, France, Sweden, and Slovenia), the wedding ring is worn on the left hand.

This choice of finger relates to traditions purportedly dating to classical times, from an early usage reportedly referring to the fourth finger of the left hand as containing the vena amoris or “vein of love”[4]. At least in part due to this tradition, it became acceptable to wear the wedding ring on this finger. By wearing rings on the fourth finger of their left hands, a married couple symbolically declares their eternal love for each other. This has now become a matter of tradition and etiquette in these countries.

In other countries such as Germany, Greece, Russia, Spain, India, Colombia, Venezuela, and Poland, however, it is worn on the right hand. Orthodox Christians and Eastern Europeans also traditionally wear the wedding band on the right hand. Jewish couples wear the wedding ring on the left hand, even though it is placed on the right hand during the marriage ceremony. In The Netherlands, Catholic people wear it on the left, all others on the right; in Austria, Catholic people wear it on the right. In Belgium, the choice of hand depends on the region of the country.

Greek people, many being Orthodox Christians, also wear the wedding rings on the right hand in keeping with Greek tradition. A traditional reason to wear the wedding ring on the right hand stems from Roman custom. The Latin word for left is “sinister”, which in addition to this sense also has the same senses as the English word. The Latin word for right is “dexter”, a word that evolved into “dexterity”. Hence, the left hand had a negative connotation and the right a good one.”

Very interesting traditions, when my husband proposed to me he gave me a new pair of tennis shoes, inside one of the shoes was the box with the engagement ring, His brothers told him that was the way to do it, they still tease him to this day. Must be good luck, it will be 25 years in September.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: May 17, 2011, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

Very interesting traditions, when my husband proposed to me he gave me a new pair of tennis shoes, inside one of the shoes was the box with the engagement ring, His brothers told him that was the way to do it, they still tease him to this day. Must be good luck, it will be 25 years in September.

25 years with the same woman.

Does not compute.

You must be a saint, sully.  Blue Angel

Or is it him?  Big Grin Angel

--Edmund Burke

Ringleader
                          Michigan
                          United States
                          Member #81740
                          October 28, 2009
                          40250 Posts
                          Posted: May 17, 2011, 10:29 pm - IP Logged

25 years with the same woman.

Does not compute.

You must be a saint, sully.  Blue Angel

Or is it him?  Big Grin Angel

He is a really good guy.Love

susscs's avatar - hani
                            Michigan
                            United States
                            Member #89371
                            April 6, 2010
                            191 Posts
                            Posted: May 18, 2011, 2:09 pm - IP Logged

~~~

This is true Harve$t Moon, here are some more theory's:

Blessing the wedding ring and putting it on the bride's finger dates from the 11th century. In medieval Europe, the Christian wedding ceremony placed the ring in sequence on the index, middle, and ring fingers of the left hand, representing the trinity; God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit respectively. The ring was then left on the ring finger.

Magical properties of the ring

Circles have always enjoyed a universal perception of having strong magical properties. And with such magical power, a ring around the heart would surely protect a person from evil spirits.

Why do we use the third finger of the left hand?

But even in these days of cardiothoracic science, it's not easy to put a ring around the heart. So in the old days they had a simple answer: they put the ring on the third finger which they believed had a vein, artery or nerve (a sort of a USB cable) running directly to the heart. And as the left hand is a bit closer to the heart than the right, they placed marriage rings on the third finger of the left hand5.

"If your left palm itches, it means you will soon receive money; if your right palm
                            itches, it means that you will lose or have to pay money.
                            If your left palm itches, scratch it on wood and you will be sure to receive
                            money; if your right palm itches, do not scratch it at all, because then you will
                            lose money.

Here one that includes feet.

Itching
                            -right hand Money going out.
                            -left hand Money coming in.
                            -right foot Journey to familiar place.
                            -left foot Journey to strange place.

Harve$t Moon's avatar - 5str

United States
                              Member #76986
                              July 10, 2009
                              8034 Posts
                              Posted: May 18, 2011, 3:22 pm - IP Logged

This is true Harve$t Moon, here are some more theory's:

Blessing the wedding ring and putting it on the bride's finger dates from the 11th century. In medieval Europe, the Christian wedding ceremony placed the ring in sequence on the index, middle, and ring fingers of the left hand, representing the trinity; God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit respectively. The ring was then left on the ring finger.

Magical properties of the ring

Circles have always enjoyed a universal perception of having strong magical properties. And with such magical power, a ring around the heart would surely protect a person from evil spirits.

Why do we use the third finger of the left hand?

But even in these days of cardiothoracic science, it's not easy to put a ring around the heart. So in the old days they had a simple answer: they put the ring on the third finger which they believed had a vein, artery or nerve (a sort of a USB cable) running directly to the heart. And as the left hand is a bit closer to the heart than the right, they placed marriage rings on the third finger of the left hand5.

"If your left palm itches, it means you will soon receive money; if your right palm
                              itches, it means that you will lose or have to pay money.
                              If your left palm itches, scratch it on wood and you will be sure to receive
                              money; if your right palm itches, do not scratch it at all, because then you will
                              lose money.

Here one that includes feet.

Itching
                              -right hand Money going out.
                              -left hand Money coming in.
                              -right foot Journey to familiar place.
                              -left foot Journey to strange place.

Thanks, susscs!  Good information! Smile

Page 15 of 26