Welcome Guest
You last visited July 22, 2017, 6:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Win with Magic ( numbers and more)

Topic closed. 384 replies. Last post 6 years ago by sully16.

Page 17 of 26
PrintE-mailLink
Harve$t Moon's avatar - 5str

United States
Member #76986
July 10, 2009
8171 Posts
Posted: May 24, 2011, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

My Grandmother, always gave us acorns on Halloween with a sweet treat, I still have 2 of the acorns she gave me in my jewelry box, I bet they are close to 40 years old. One of my fondest memories on Halloween was the smell of burning leaves and the sound of the wind chimes at her house. At Christmas, someone in the family always gives someone a unique set of wind chimes.

Sully16, do you think that you may plant grandmother's acorns one day? 

Planting trees are wonderful gifts to the planet!  The abundance will multiply over and over again!

The planted seed / acorn grows another tree and that tree produces thousands of new

seeds / acorns for more trees and the cycle starts again.  Abundance!!! Sun Smiley

United States
    Member #76986
    July 10, 2009
    8171 Posts
    Posted: May 24, 2011, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

Animal Totems  Sacred Animals

8. Dolphins  452
    Dolphins are considered lucky in many different cultures, including the Ancient cultures of Greece, Sumer, Egypt, and Rome.

For Christians and Native Americans, the Dolphin is a symbol of protection, and its image is said to bring good luck. The belief stems from the fact that ancient sailors who spent months or even years out of sight of land, found the sight of Dolphins swimming around their ships to be the first sign that land was near.

9. Pigs  293
    German-natives have a saying "Schwein gehabt (had Pig)" which literally means "Good Luck is at Hand".

Good Luck tokens in the shape of Pigs are believed to bring Good Luck, as they are a Symbol of Wealth, Good Fortune & Prosperity.

Among the Chinese and the Europeans, charms in the shape of Pigs, are believed to have the power to bring Good Luck, as they are a symbol of riches and wealth.

The Pig in Chinese mythology is a symbol of honesty, tolerance, initiative and diligence.

10. Tortoises  140  153
    Tortoises are considered a good luck symbol in Feng-Shui decorating. They are also one of the 4 sacred animals (among the Dragon, Unicorn, and Phoenix)

11. Turtles  115  108
    Turtles are believed to have Power over all kinds of Bad Magic.
    A Turtle symbolizes the primal mother and Mother Earth. Turtles are also said to symbolize Longevity and one's Hope and Wish for a long life.

Turtles are said to be a link between heaven and earth which made them a natural for use in divination.

12. Elephants  669
    Due to its long life, Elephants are a Symbol of overcoming death.

Elephants are good luck in Feng Shui and the Ganeshsa is the Hindu God of Luck.
    Elephant figurines placed on shelves or by doorways are said to ensure longevity and luck.

Elephants are a Symbol of Wisdom, Power, Loyalty, Intelligence, Strength and Solitude.

13. Red Bats  607
    In China, Red Bats are symbols of long life, and amulets are worn as lucky charms to bring happiness.

The red bat is thought to ward of evil. Five red bats can also represent the "five good fortunes" of health, longevity, love, wealth and virtue.

14. Tigers   613
    Tigers are considered lucky in Chinese astrology.
    The Tiger is also considered a protector against certain evils, including theft and fire.

15. Frogs  873
    The Frog has been a symbol of prosperity, wealth, friendship and abundance in many cultures and a symbol of fertility in others.

In the Native American culture of the Southwest, the Frog carries a piece of wood in its mouth, because the Mojave people believe Frogs brought fire to humans.

For the Romans, the Frog was a mascot believed to bring Good Luck to one's home.

The native Aborigines of Australia, believed that Frogs brought the thunder and rain, to help the plants to grow.

Frogs are also said to be effective in speeding up recovery from disease.

Among the ancient Egyptians and Greeks, Frogs symbolized inspiration and fertility.
    In Egypt, Hekt, the Frog goddess, protected new-born babies, hence Frogs are symbols of fertility and birth.

The Frog is also said to attract true friends and to help you find long-lasting love.

Some parts of Animals are also thought to be Lucky...

16. Rabbit's Foot  127   149

The hind foot of a rabbit been a good luck symbol for the common man for ages.

Because of the rabbit's reputation in procreation, it is said to enhance the chances of the wearer to become a parent. When the rabbit's foot is worn by a man, he shall sire a child. When worn by a woman, she will become pregnant.

17. Alligator Teeth   859

Alligator Teeth are said to bring luck to gamblers in Africa.

Dolphins

Pig

Tortoise

Turtle

Elephant

Red Bat

Tiger

Frog

Rabbit's Foot

Alligator Teeth

United States
      Member #76986
      July 10, 2009
      8171 Posts
      Posted: May 25, 2011, 2:43 pm - IP Logged

Sully16, do you think that you may plant grandmother's acorns one day? 

Planting trees are wonderful gifts to the planet!  The abundance will multiply over and over again!

The planted seed / acorn grows another tree and that tree produces thousands of new

seeds / acorns for more trees and the cycle starts again.  Abundance!!! Sun Smiley

Here is another idea, Sully16.  How about placing a plaque honoring

your grandmother's memory on the tree that you may plant?

Well not like these, of course.  You will know what to inscribe on the plaque!

Later, I can see you putting a couple of chairs or a bench under that wonderful tree! It could become a quiet place to sit and meditate or work on your lottery numbers! Your grandmother's inspiration will be strong under that special tree! Sun SmileyBlue Angel

sully16's avatar - sharan
        Ringleader
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #81740
        October 28, 2009
        47935 Posts
        Posted: May 25, 2011, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

Thank you Harve$t Moon this is a wonderful idea, and it would make a nice gift for my Mom, actually my sisters would love it also.Lovies

Hyper

Ringleader
          Michigan
          United States
          Member #81740
          October 28, 2009
          47935 Posts
          Posted: May 25, 2011, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

My grandmas name is Rose, goes well with May flowers.

Hyper

United States
            Member #76986
            July 10, 2009
            8171 Posts
            Posted: May 25, 2011, 9:31 pm - IP Logged

Thank you Harve$t Moon this is a wonderful idea, and it would make a nice gift for my Mom, actually my sisters would love it also.Lovies

Awesome, Sully16!  I'm sure this would please Grandma Rose as well! Blue Angel

The May Flowers are blooming in lovely colors and wonderful fragrances! http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/231244

United States
              Member #76986
              July 10, 2009
              8171 Posts
              Posted: May 25, 2011, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

Icons Symbolizing Luck    Superstitions and Legends

18. Chimney Sweeps  806  146

A Chimney Sweep is a sign of good luck, wealth and happiness.
              The Chimney Sweep is said to be "the ultimate bringer of good luck".
              One legend from old England says that one day King George was riding his horse in a royal procession, when a dog suddenly ran from the crowd, barking and nipping at the King's horse. The horse reared, and to the horror of the crowd, almost threw the King! A lone figure, dressed in rags and filthy, stepped into the road, caught the horse's halter and calmed the animal; a chimney sweep had saved the King!

19. Buddha  419

A Buddha charm or statue is thought of as being lucky, especially if you rub the Buddha's belly.

20. Kachinas  290

The Pueblo, Hopi and Zuni nations of the American Southwest, place great faith in the luck-bringing properties of these dolls.

Kachinas represent native spirits and each is dressed in elaborate costume. Although regularly used in tribal ceremonies, these dolls, are also used as playthings by children and displayed in homes as well as in sacred places. It is believed that by making the spirit represented by the doll a member of the family group, luck will come to that family in the form of good harvests and protection from natural disasters.

21. Saint Christopher  202  226

As the patron saint of travelers.

It is common for Catholics to have a Saint Christopher cross in their car.

Chimmey Sweep

Buddha

Kachinas

Saint Christopher 

google search for the Prayer of St. Christopher

Ringleader
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #81740
                October 28, 2009
                47935 Posts
                Posted: May 26, 2011, 12:26 am - IP Logged

I have a pewter Budda in my Bingo bag, now if I only had time to go play.Sun Smiley

Hyper

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: May 26, 2011, 12:59 am - IP Logged

I have a pewter Budda in my Bingo bag, now if I only had time to go play.Sun Smiley

I have a pewter Buddha in my bingo bag.

Try saying that ten times fast.

Hell, I can't even say it once fast!    LOL

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Ringleader
                    Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #81740
                    October 28, 2009
                    47935 Posts
                    Posted: May 26, 2011, 8:03 am - IP Logged

I have a pewter Buddha in my bingo bag.

Try saying that ten times fast.

Hell, I can't even say it once fast!    LOL

LOL Have you ever been to a Bingo Hall ? With all the stuff people bring for good luck , it looks like a flea market !

Hyper

United States
                      Member #76986
                      July 10, 2009
                      8171 Posts
                      Posted: May 26, 2011, 5:10 pm - IP Logged

Lucky Objects      Tokens of Luck

22. Dream Catchers  also Dreamcatchers  754
                      Dreamcatchers, from Native American culture, are considered good luck, because they catch the negative images from dreams. 

23. Red Chinese Lanterns  193  212
                      These Lanterns are a symbol of luck in the Chinese culture.

24. Horseshoe  656
                      A Horseshoe symbolizes good luck, power of evil, good fortune and fertility.

Horseshoes have associations with the strength and dependability of the horse, and, in an upright position, it is also symbolic of the moon. Pointing downwards, it is symbolic of the womb. To the Greeks, it symbolized the crescent moon which was regarded as a symbol of fertility.

The Horseshoe protects one's house and land, to keep strangers away, when hung up on the wall of a home or above a doorway. The "U" shape will hold good luck inside forever. This tradition may stem from the 10th century Saint Dunstan. He trapped the devil using a Horseshoe and from that point on the devil would never enter a Christian home adorned with a Horseshoe over the door.

Some legends say, that a Horseshoe "'Pointing Up" will gather your Luck, whereas "Pointing Down" it will shower you with Luck.

25. Coins  330
                      "See a penny pick it up and all day long you'll have good luck.
                      Leave it there and you'll despair."

Some even take the idea of luck to the other side of the coin, and believe that if the coin is face down that it's best to leave it on the ground. Luckiest of all, are Coins that are bent or have holes in them, especially if they turn up as change after making a purchase. The luck of such Coins is enhanced if they are carried in a left-hand pocket or worn around the neck.

Coins can bring luck in many ways.
                      - You will have good luck if you keep a jar of pennies in the kitchen.
                      - The first Coin you receive each day should be placed in an otherwise empty pocket and it will attract more.
                      - A Coin in a new jacket, handbag, or wallet will bring good luck.
                      - If you get pennies as change on a Monday, you will have good luck all week long.
                      - Many people consider it lucky to carry a Coin with their birth date.
                      - Some say that a Coin minted in a leap year will bring good fortune.

Coins also have a place in Feng Shui, as luck bringers.

26. A Pot of Gold  110  123  727
                      A Pot of Gold is what you will find at the end of a Rainbow, making it doubly lucky.

Dream Catcher

Red Chinese Lanterns

Horseshoe

Coins

Pot of Gold
                        eddessaknight's avatar - nw paladin.jpg
                        LAS VEGAS
                        United States
                        Member #47729
                        November 22, 2006
                        4864 Posts
                        Posted: May 26, 2011, 5:32 pm - IP Logged

Aye, Sully & Moon: Consider the Power of One Acorn, for withinn that 1 acorn lies a great potential forest~~~

Great thread ladies

Let us not forget the present of the lives of our servuicemen & women given to us - R.I.P.

US Flag

EddessaKnight Sun Smiley

Ringleader
                          Michigan
                          United States
                          Member #81740
                          October 28, 2009
                          47935 Posts
                          Posted: May 26, 2011, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

Aye, Sully & Moon: Consider the Power of One Acorn, for withinn that 1 acorn lies a great potential forest~~~

Great thread ladies

Let us not forget the present of the lives of our servuicemen & women given to us - R.I.P.

US Flag

EddessaKnight Sun Smiley

Yes, Heartfelt thanks to all of our men and women, you make us proud everyday.

Thank you Eddessa, Warm Blessings for you.

Hyper

United States
                            Member #76986
                            July 10, 2009
                            8171 Posts
                            Posted: May 27, 2011, 3:42 pm - IP Logged

"For each petal on the shamrock
                            This brings a wish your way -
                            Good health, good luck, and happiness
                            For today and every day."

~Author Unknown

Lucky Symbols and Numbers

Ancient Lore

27.  Nautical Star  139   141
                            The Nautical Star, or North Star, is seen as providing guidance, and it is a good luck symbol for sailors.

The Star of Bethlehem guided the three wise men; in the Old Testament, the starry sky symbolized the numerous children of Abraham, and gave direction to the promised land.

28. The Evil Eye  400
                            Unlike other sources of good-luck, where good fortune resides in the possession of the object itself, the power of the Evil Eye Amulet resides in its capacity to ward off the misfortune cast by the Evil Eye.

29. The Number Seven  250   7
                            The number Seven is considered lucky by many different cultures and religions.

In Christianity-
                            Seven represents self-sacrifice and higher virtue. It appears repeatedly in Scripture in such things as the seven lamps of the temple, seven wise and seven foolish virgins, and Christ's feeding of the multitude with five loaves and two fishes. The early church taught that belief in God brings seven gifts: wisdom, understanding, honor, glory, blessings, strength, and godliness.

It is believed that the seventh son of a seventh son has the power of healing and that the seventh daughter of a seventh daughter has the gift of interpreting dreams.

In the mythology of Japan, there are also Seven Gods of Fortune.

Nautical Star

The Evil Eye

Number  Seven

Japan's Seven Gods of Fortune

Ringleader
                              Michigan
                              United States
                              Member #81740
                              October 28, 2009
                              47935 Posts
                              Posted: May 28, 2011, 8:45 am - IP Logged

Very interesting, maybe I'll put a 7 in my purse with the 8.Wink

Hyper

Page 17 of 26