Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The biggest mistake people make is:

Topic closed. 98 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Jordans121.

Page 7 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
karinda's avatar - WINGS
New Jersey
United States
Member #108445
March 25, 2011
2855 Posts
Posted: July 23, 2011, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

Thank you karinda, good luck to you too!

PS. Those lyrics were a Beatles song, White Album I think.

I appreciate the kind wishes.  Lovies

Very cool lyrics. Cool  Thanks for letting me know where they came from!

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
    Member #41383
    June 16, 2006
    1969 Posts
    Posted: July 25, 2011, 12:32 am - IP Logged

I just don't feel it's fair to shoot down the birthday numbers based on one game's 3 year history.

I didn't shoot down the birthday numbers theory but just showed in a game like PowerBall it doesn't matter because multiple winners aren't that common even among such winning combinations.

I shoot down almost all birthday numbers, the ones that don't must have the last two years - century-decade,   if I was born 08-15-48, if my wife was born 01-31-48, I'd take five of the six.  01-08-15-31-48.

That, or reverse some numbers to fit into the game - born in 65 reverses to 56, etc.

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
      Gurnee, Illinois
      United States
      Member #49731
      February 12, 2007
      917 Posts
      Posted: July 25, 2011, 2:04 am - IP Logged

I Agree!

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
        Gurnee, Illinois
        United States
        Member #49731
        February 12, 2007
        917 Posts
        Posted: July 25, 2011, 2:07 am - IP Logged

In my humble opinion, the biggest mistake is not keeping your foot in the door.

I think it's crazy to wait for the PB or MM Jackpots to reach a certain level before spending a buck or two on them.

I admit the odds are astronomically against you but they were also astronomically against the guy who won the last Jackpot too.

I keep one line of my favorites and one line of Quick Picks in play all the time with multi-picks for 10 drawings in advance so I don't forget. I would get them for even longer but ten is the limit in Tennessee because if you want any more than that, you're considered in league with the devil and you have to undergo dunking to rid yourself of him. I increase my play with any winnings I get.

I Agree!

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

Buffalo, NY
          United States
          Member #113965
          July 20, 2011
          4 Posts
          Posted: July 25, 2011, 11:47 am - IP Logged

On the topic of mistakes, maybe I can get some opinions from everyone. I'm a NY pick 3 player. I was told that they use seperate ball sets for the Mid and Eve. Now I have no way of finding out if this is true or not, so do you feel that it's better to track no's seperately, or as one steady flow of data?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19831 Posts
            Posted: July 25, 2011, 12:07 pm - IP Logged

On the topic of mistakes, maybe I can get some opinions from everyone. I'm a NY pick 3 player. I was told that they use seperate ball sets for the Mid and Eve. Now I have no way of finding out if this is true or not, so do you feel that it's better to track no's seperately, or as one steady flow of data?

Try both ways for a while and stick with the one that gets the best results.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Buffalo, NY
              United States
              Member #113965
              July 20, 2011
              4 Posts
              Posted: July 25, 2011, 12:37 pm - IP Logged

Thanks! Currently I only track the Eve. Which method do you use?

ILLotteryman's avatar - scenery water_mountains.jpg
                Chicago, IL
                United States
                Member #114234
                July 26, 2011
                429 Posts
                Posted: July 26, 2011, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

Buying ANY instant win game ticket without checking the amount of remaining prizes first. For us Illinoisans, there is a slight method to my play. On the Illinois Lottery website, click on the Instant Game Remaining Prizes tab to see how many prizes are still available. It is updated every Monday. This is the best way to ensure you are not wasting your money on tickets that don't have any of the bigger prizes left...

Jordans121's avatar - nw bookeep.jpg

United States
                  Member #69169
                  January 5, 2009
                  2122 Posts
                  Posted: July 29, 2011, 1:21 am - IP Logged

I think the biggest mistake people make is not knowing  the game, the numbers that hit the most/least the odds vs evens, not knowing which group shows up more/less the way the game  commission set it up and keep changing it...I have read that some balls show up more because they get handled alot but what about the ball out for 30 games ???

but what about the ball out for 30 games ???

Having studied the pick 3 and pick 4 i can surely tell you not to worry about that. What this shows is that you have a very limited way of playing, and the lottery headqaurters know this about most players. See, I track many different things at once for every draw. I created my own wheel for this reason, I  can gaurantee you that every wheel you have seen basically has the same filters. I have many more...and instead of just some coded and limited piece of software I can actually SEE whats happening right before my eyes which gives me a better chance of winning.

Dont let anybody body tell you that all this is Random and it can never be figured out. It may be random but with th right info you can clearly see patterns. Instead of focusing on a ball being out for 30 draws, focus on the balls that are actually drawed. Big Grin

"Many Strategies|One Game"