Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 7:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

$41.2M Ohio Classic Lotto jackpot largest in country again

Topic closed. 124 replies. Last post 5 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 9
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19825 Posts
Posted: August 11, 2011, 11:04 am - IP Logged

Time to start playing again, just wish it paid more than $2 for matching 3of6.  The only way to come out ahead with this one is to win the jackpot which seems harder to do than winning PB or MM.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Columbus, OH
    United States
    Member #96391
    August 28, 2010
    86 Posts
    Posted: August 11, 2011, 12:27 pm - IP Logged

I truly desire and pray to be the winner of the Classic Lotto Jackpot when it is finally won. I think I have been more dedicated to it over the past year than I have to either of the national lotteries. Surely, that, alone, does not qualify me anymore than any other person to be the person blessed to win it. Still, I do hope that my dedication pays off. I am not looking to retire off winning it but to further my ability to bequeath something meaningful to the next generation without having to worry about the vagaries of the economy/making ends meet.

Boney526's avatar - NjlpLogo
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #99032
      October 18, 2010
      1439 Posts
      Posted: August 11, 2011, 12:44 pm - IP Logged

NJ's Pick 6 is pretty high, too.  9.8 million, annuity and before taxes.

Will play.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19825 Posts
        Posted: August 11, 2011, 1:03 pm - IP Logged

I truly desire and pray to be the winner of the Classic Lotto Jackpot when it is finally won. I think I have been more dedicated to it over the past year than I have to either of the national lotteries. Surely, that, alone, does not qualify me anymore than any other person to be the person blessed to win it. Still, I do hope that my dedication pays off. I am not looking to retire off winning it but to further my ability to bequeath something meaningful to the next generation without having to worry about the vagaries of the economy/making ends meet.

My dedication to Ohio's 649 games goes back to even the old Super Lotto Plus (649+) of which I matched 5of6 for $1500 in 2002.  I haven't done as well with Classic Lotto yet but I include SL+ 543 drawing results with CL results to eliminate combinations when I play.  Like you, I'm not looking to retire off winning since I'm already retired but to make my retirement even more enjoyable.

Evil Looking       

Columbus, OH
          United States
          Member #96391
          August 28, 2010
          86 Posts
          Posted: August 11, 2011, 2:17 pm - IP Logged

I have only been living in the state for the past 15 months. But in that span, I have gotten 4/6 numbers twice. I usually get pretty close picking my own numbers and I have several strategies that I apply. I honestly believe I can win it; of course, a lot of people feel they can win it all so my beliefs are hardly iconic. I think I shared with you my disappointment of once traveling to the state from Michigan to play 6 numbers, being told by the clerk that she did not know how to do it, having to choose a quick pick instead, and then later finding out that the 6 numbers I have chosen came up as the winner.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19825 Posts
            Posted: August 11, 2011, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

I have only been living in the state for the past 15 months. But in that span, I have gotten 4/6 numbers twice. I usually get pretty close picking my own numbers and I have several strategies that I apply. I honestly believe I can win it; of course, a lot of people feel they can win it all so my beliefs are hardly iconic. I think I shared with you my disappointment of once traveling to the state from Michigan to play 6 numbers, being told by the clerk that she did not know how to do it, having to choose a quick pick instead, and then later finding out that the 6 numbers I have chosen came up as the winner.

If I didn't think I could win the jackpot, I probably wouldn't continue to play.  Why didn't you make out a play slip rather than buy a QP if the clerk didn't know how to enter your numbers? 

When I use to travel to Michigan to buy BigGame tickets at a Truck Stop just over the boarder on Rt75, they had a sign posted "make out play slips if not buying quick picks".  Their clerks never entered numbers at the terminal since mistakes couldn't be canceled.

Evil Looking       

mt zion illinois
              United States
              Member #110549
              May 6, 2011
              351 Posts
              Posted: August 11, 2011, 8:50 pm - IP Logged

Good luck RJOh

Biggest lottery wins for 2013 $100 1 Time.......

Columbus, OH
                United States
                Member #96391
                August 28, 2010
                86 Posts
                Posted: August 11, 2011, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

If I didn't think I could win the jackpot, I probably wouldn't continue to play.  Why didn't you make out a play slip rather than buy a QP if the clerk didn't know how to enter your numbers? 

When I use to travel to Michigan to buy BigGame tickets at a Truck Stop just over the boarder on Rt75, they had a sign posted "make out play slips if not buying quick picks".  Their clerks never entered numbers at the terminal since mistakes couldn't be canceled.

They did not have any slips. I was at the Frickers in Toledo, OH. I have noticed that a lot of the places like Frickers and even Ralphies in Flag City sometimes do not have slips available other than the Keno slips. Anyway, I wanted to play the classic lotto for multiple draws since I was still living in Michigan at the time. She said she did not know how to enter the number and have it play for multiple draws; she did, however, know how to do a quick pick for multiple draws. I told her that all she had to do was enter the number and then chooses 4 draws when prompted. She acted as if I was speaking a foreign language and said that most people who come there [Frickers] play Keno. She siad that hardly no one plays the lotto games and that she was unaware of how to do it. She offered, "You can come back when my manager is here." Well, I chose to just take the quick pick for four draws. I get home, and I see that the number 2 10 32 35 41 48 came up as the winning number. At the time, the Ohio Classic Lotto was around $23 million or so. I was p'od to say the least. But the way I see it, I am destined to win it and I believe that I will.

Boney526's avatar - NjlpLogo
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #99032
                  October 18, 2010
                  1439 Posts
                  Posted: August 11, 2011, 10:22 pm - IP Logged

They did not have any slips. I was at the Frickers in Toledo, OH. I have noticed that a lot of the places like Frickers and even Ralphies in Flag City sometimes do not have slips available other than the Keno slips. Anyway, I wanted to play the classic lotto for multiple draws since I was still living in Michigan at the time. She said she did not know how to enter the number and have it play for multiple draws; she did, however, know how to do a quick pick for multiple draws. I told her that all she had to do was enter the number and then chooses 4 draws when prompted. She acted as if I was speaking a foreign language and said that most people who come there [Frickers] play Keno. She siad that hardly no one plays the lotto games and that she was unaware of how to do it. She offered, "You can come back when my manager is here." Well, I chose to just take the quick pick for four draws. I get home, and I see that the number 2 10 32 35 41 48 came up as the winning number. At the time, the Ohio Classic Lotto was around $23 million or so. I was p'od to say the least. But the way I see it, I am destined to win it and I believe that I will.

Same type of thing happened to me with Mega Millions for 5+0.  Except I just walked out of the store, the line was really long.

Boy was I upset.  Oh well......  I guess getting 250,000 at 18 wouldn't be a great thing, but it woulda been for my parents, I probably would have just given them the ticket.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19825 Posts
                    Posted: August 12, 2011, 9:07 am - IP Logged

Same type of thing happened to me with Mega Millions for 5+0.  Except I just walked out of the store, the line was really long.

Boy was I upset.  Oh well......  I guess getting 250,000 at 18 wouldn't be a great thing, but it woulda been for my parents, I probably would have just given them the ticket.

Sounds like for you and Justwinbaby coming up with winning numbers was easier than making out a play slip or standing in line to play.  I've always had a stash of play slips that I fill out at home  even when I had to travel out of state to stand in line to play BigGame and PowerBall.  Now that MM and PB are local games, all I have to worry about is getting to a working terminal before cut-off time.

Evil Looking       

Columbus, OH
                      United States
                      Member #96391
                      August 28, 2010
                      86 Posts
                      Posted: August 12, 2011, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like for you and Justwinbaby coming up with winning numbers was easier than making out a play slip or standing in line to play.  I've always had a stash of play slips that I fill out at home  even when I had to travel out of state to stand in line to play BigGame and PowerBall.  Now that MM and PB are local games, all I have to worry about is getting to a working terminal before cut-off time.

Hmm, I don't have a problem making out a play slip. But when you are told there are none then there's not much you can really do. I did not keep a stash of play slips as I was not traveling to Ohio that much to play. But I am here now and will win the Classic Lotto jackpot.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19825 Posts
                        Posted: August 14, 2011, 12:40 pm - IP Logged

The game rolled to $41.6M inspite of me playing 20 lines of my best picks.  The best I could do was match 2 four times, I could have matched 2 eight times had I played 28 lines of my best picks.  Oh well, it will still be there Monday waiting for someone to pick the right combination.

Evil Looking       

Columbus, OH
                          United States
                          Member #96391
                          August 28, 2010
                          86 Posts
                          Posted: August 14, 2011, 7:18 pm - IP Logged

The game rolled to $41.6M inspite of me playing 20 lines of my best picks.  The best I could do was match 2 four times, I could have matched 2 eight times had I played 28 lines of my best picks.  Oh well, it will still be there Monday waiting for someone to pick the right combination.

Well, earlier this year, I predicted that I would win it win it reached $42 million. If I (or no one else) wins it on Monday, there's a possibility that it might reach $42 million on Wednesday. I will be happy to then claim the winnings.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: August 15, 2011, 2:02 am - IP Logged

I'm gonna wait for it to hit 50, then I'm gonna come up there and throw down on it.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19825 Posts
                              Posted: August 15, 2011, 1:46 pm - IP Logged

I'm gonna wait for it to hit 50, then I'm gonna come up there and throw down on it.

At $200K-$300K increase per drawing that will take at least 28 more drawings.  See you late in October or early November.

Evil Looking