Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 7:50 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

$41.2M Ohio Classic Lotto jackpot largest in country again

Topic closed. 124 replies. Last post 5 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 3 of 9
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19898 Posts
Posted: August 29, 2011, 11:25 am - IP Logged

This past Saturday payout was the lowest for a Saturday OCL drawing there has been for a while, this may indicate players are buying even less tickets.  Its $2 and $70 payouts for a match3 and match4 are the lowest in the area for a 6/49 game which probably attract less players when PB has a decent jackpot amount.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
    Member #115803
    August 28, 2011
    127 Posts
    Posted: August 29, 2011, 11:43 am - IP Logged

I've been buying a lot of tickets recently, experimenting with different number combinations.

On Saturday (8/27), I did a little personal experiement, which resulted in me purchasing more tickets than I ever have before. 

Bought the regular numbers I've been picking for weeks, and then also purchased an equivalent number of easy picks.  Wanted to see which gave me the best results.

I won back the same amount that I've been averaging for weeks (>$20), despite buying twice as many tickets.  And my winners were pretty evenly split between my picks and easy picks.

Sigh...I'm thinking that it doesn't matter how many tickets I buy.  Either I'm going to get lucky or I'm not.

Debating about just throwing down $5 in easy picks to night, and letting the chips fall where they may.

Though I would be heartbroken if "my" numbers finally came in tonight, and I didn't play them.

Decisions, decisions...

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
      Beautiful Florida
      United States
      Member #5709
      July 18, 2004
      20235 Posts
      Posted: August 29, 2011, 11:55 am - IP Logged

This past Saturday payout was the lowest for a Saturday OCL drawing there has been for a while, this may indicate players are buying even less tickets.  Its $2 and $70 payouts for a match3 and match4 are the lowest in the area for a 6/49 game which probably attract less players when PB has a decent jackpot amount.

I'm going to try these tonight RJ.     Good Luck to all..!

03-06-07-10-11-15

03-06-07-11-15-29

03-06-11-26-33-48

03-07-10-11-15-26

03-07-11-15-26-29

03-07-11-15-33-42

03-10-11-29-42-48

06-07-15-26-42-48

06-10-26-29-33-42

07-10-15-29-33-48

" You can not control the Wind, but you can direct the Sail "

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19898 Posts
        Posted: August 29, 2011, 11:59 am - IP Logged

nsv314,

I'm lucky, I don't have any regular numbers I play, I pick different ones for each drawings.  I was playing 20 lines each drawing but if I won anything (usually $2 for a match3) it was in the first ten lines so I've started playing fewer lines.  Saturday I played the ten I posted on the prediction board and matched 3 for $2.  One of the premium member had two predictions that matched 4 so maybe someone will win it before too long.

Evil Looking       

United States
          Member #115803
          August 28, 2011
          127 Posts
          Posted: August 29, 2011, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

nsv314,

I'm lucky, I don't have any regular numbers I play, I pick different ones for each drawings.  I was playing 20 lines each drawing but if I won anything (usually $2 for a match3) it was in the first ten lines so I've started playing fewer lines.  Saturday I played the ten I posted on the prediction board and matched 3 for $2.  One of the premium member had two predictions that matched 4 so maybe someone will win it before too long.

At least its not just me who seems to get more winners by playing more tickets!

I've been playing quite a bit each drawing (at least $20) for the past 6 weeks, but didn't see a whole lot of difference in payout by playing more tickets.  I did match 4 for $70 once during that time, but otherwise it was just a handful of $2 winners here and there.

I think I am going to do a few easy picks tonight and be done with it.

Maybe I'll check tonight's win against my regular numbers, and then see how much I saved by not playing all of them.  Then I'll feel like a "winner."  LOL

You'd think someone would finally hit the jackpot soon - how long has it been since there was a winner?  At least a year, I think.

United States
            Member #115803
            August 28, 2011
            127 Posts
            Posted: August 29, 2011, 1:08 pm - IP Logged

Answered my own question - it appears that the last winner was 5/1/2010 (jackpot value was $9 million).

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19898 Posts
              Posted: August 29, 2011, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

Answered my own question - it appears that the last winner was 5/1/2010 (jackpot value was $9 million).

Yes, this probably is the longest an Ohio game has gone without a jackpot winner, Lot'O Play total existence was shorter. 

If anyone had a system for winning a 6/49 game, there were plenty of chances to try it even if it was nothing more than buying every possible combinations because the cash value has been $14M+ for a while now.

Evil Looking       

United States
                Member #115803
                August 28, 2011
                127 Posts
                Posted: August 29, 2011, 3:14 pm - IP Logged

I guess it will come down to luck and not a system.  Ah, to have luck on my side...  Smile

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: August 29, 2011, 6:00 pm - IP Logged

Does anybody know offhand how many multi-draws you can get on that game on one ticket?

I know I could find out by going to their website but I have AT&T Dialup and it would take me about two and a half hours, sixteen anxiety attacks, tremors, muscle twitching, three grand mal seizures with my eyes rolled back in my head and the related flopping around on the floor like a fish out of water to do it.

So I'd appreciate any info you have.

I'm going to go drink a bunch of whiskey now while I'm waiting.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19898 Posts
                    Posted: August 29, 2011, 7:58 pm - IP Logged

Does anybody know offhand how many multi-draws you can get on that game on one ticket?

I know I could find out by going to their website but I have AT&T Dialup and it would take me about two and a half hours, sixteen anxiety attacks, tremors, muscle twitching, three grand mal seizures with my eyes rolled back in my head and the related flopping around on the floor like a fish out of water to do it.

So I'd appreciate any info you have.

I'm going to go drink a bunch of whiskey now while I'm waiting.

Ohio's Classic Lotto play slips come with five boards which you can fill out manually or choose auto-picks.

At its bottom are two rolls of boxes (1-5 and 2-10) which you can mark for up to 5 additional auto-picks and play for 2-10 drawings.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19898 Posts
                      Posted: August 29, 2011, 9:12 pm - IP Logged

I guess it will come down to luck and not a system.  Ah, to have luck on my side...  Smile

I hope my system gets lucky.  While I use a RNG to pick combinations, I only play the ones that fit certain parameters based on what I observed in previous drawings which qualifies my method as a system.

Evil Looking       

United States
                        Member #115803
                        August 28, 2011
                        127 Posts
                        Posted: August 29, 2011, 10:11 pm - IP Logged

Yep.  And up to 10 lines will print on a single ticket, if you're doing the auto-picks.  (If you use the self-serve machine to auto pick 20 numbers, it will split onto 2 tickets of 10.)

United States
                          Member #115803
                          August 28, 2011
                          127 Posts
                          Posted: August 29, 2011, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

Jackpot rolls to $43.6 million.  Crazy!

(Side note - today is our wedding anniversary - I was going to be cutsey and play a ticket with #29, but I figured it wouldn't come up on the 29th.  Wouldn't you know that both Classic Lotto and Rolling Cash 5 had #29 drawn.)

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: August 29, 2011, 10:32 pm - IP Logged

Ohio's Classic Lotto play slips come with five boards which you can fill out manually or choose auto-picks.

At its bottom are two rolls of boxes (1-5 and 2-10) which you can mark for up to 5 additional auto-picks and play for 2-10 drawings.

Thanks, I just might make a run before it hits 50.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
                              Member #115803
                              August 28, 2011
                              127 Posts
                              Posted: August 29, 2011, 10:45 pm - IP Logged

Thanks, I just might make a run before it hits 50.

Might be worth it.  Someone is going to win this thing eventually.  Who knows if it will hit 50?

If you make the trip to Ohio, you can always buy for a few drawings in advance.  Just in case.  (Even if you only throw $1 down on the future drawings, it still keeps you in the game!)