Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 12:40 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

$41.2M Ohio Classic Lotto jackpot largest in country again

Topic closed. 124 replies. Last post 5 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 5 of 9
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19900 Posts
Posted: September 8, 2011, 11:30 am - IP Logged

Since all 49 numbers have played in the last 21 draws, why not play all the numbers in 20 lines. Then the only hard part is getting the winning numbers on one line.

That's what I'm planning on doing after I check all the combinations drawn when all 49 numbers had hit in 21 or less previous drawings to see if they have any unique properties.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19900 Posts
    Posted: September 10, 2011, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

Since all 49 numbers have played in the last 21 draws, why not play all the numbers in 20 lines. Then the only hard part is getting the winning numbers on one line.

Well I thought about it and looked at what happened before when such conditions existed and put those parameters into my RNG and picked 15 lines with all 49 numbers and added a few more for good measure. 

I just hope a 4of6 or better came up in the 1299 combinations I considered of the 2926 random combinations my RNG generated and I didn't reject it for the lines I picked. 

When you think about it, there are 14 millions possible combinations and only one can win the jackpot and only 246,820 can win anything at all so it's possible my RNG never generated a combination that could even match 3of6 for a $2 win.

I don't feel any better about these numbers than ones I've played before, but you can't win unless you play.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19900 Posts
      Posted: September 10, 2011, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

The winning numbers 01 10 16 26 44 47 were well with in the parameters I set for my RNG and well within my accept parameters but I didn't even get a match3.  However among the 1299 combinations I rejected was one match4 and eight match3.

Oh well, I've noted my results and will try again Monday since the jackpot continued to roll.

Evil Looking       

United States
        Member #115803
        August 28, 2011
        127 Posts
        Posted: September 12, 2011, 8:22 pm - IP Logged

I did (relatively) well this drawing. Had 4 out of the 6 numbers in my wheel, so I had a match 4 and several match 3s.

Kicking myself a little though, because my last number picked was deciding between 26 and 24.  Had I taken the 24, it would have been a match 5.

Ah well...all I can do is fine tune a little as I go along.  The jackpot is still growing, so there's more opportunity...

United States
          Member #115803
          August 28, 2011
          127 Posts
          Posted: September 12, 2011, 8:54 pm - IP Logged

I did (relatively) well this drawing. Had 4 out of the 6 numbers in my wheel, so I had a match 4 and several match 3s.

Kicking myself a little though, because my last number picked was deciding between 26 and 24.  Had I taken the 24, it would have been a match 5.

Ah well...all I can do is fine tune a little as I go along.  The jackpot is still growing, so there's more opportunity...

Speaking of close calls, I also nearly had a match on the Pick 4 tonight.  Played 2 boxed numbers - 6297 and 0257.

2576 came in.

Trying to figure out if I should feel like this wasn't my night, because of the near misses, or if I should be glad that I'm fine tuning my methods enough to get closer?

Good luck to all for the $45.4 million jackpot on Wednesday...this thing just might break $50 million yet!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19900 Posts
            Posted: September 18, 2011, 3:18 pm - IP Logged

Another week and OCL jackpot continue to roll.  Judging from the payout amounts, ticket sales are fairly steady and haven't increased as the jackpot climbs.  Could the overall odds of winning any prize when compared with the overall odds of Ohio's other games be keeping sales down? With overall odds of 1:54, OCL is the hardest game to win a $2-$3 prize in spite of being the easiest to win a large jackpot.

Evil Looking       

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
              Texas
              United States
              Member #55889
              October 23, 2007
              5759 Posts
              Posted: September 18, 2011, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

Another week and OCL jackpot continue to roll.  Judging from the payout amounts, ticket sales are fairly steady and haven't increased as the jackpot climbs.  Could the overall odds of winning any prize when compared with the overall odds of Ohio's other games be keeping sales down? With overall odds of 1:54, OCL is the hardest game to win a $2-$3 prize in spite of being the easiest to win a large jackpot.

I think most people play scratchers and Pic 3 more so than jackpot games. The odds are just so high in the big games that people wait until a jackpot is huge. For me though, when I look at the odds on a scratcher, they are usually 1 in a million for the top prize, which might be 20K or maybe 50K. That's a turn off for me right there.

I can play $5 straight on Pick 4 and have a chance at 25K with odds of 10,000 to 1. The only downside to that is you either win or lose, where scratchers do pay smaller prizes.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19900 Posts
                Posted: September 20, 2011, 10:02 am - IP Logged

Payouts were high for a Monday, I don't know if more tickets were sold or the six winning numbers were more popular than most.  I match3 twice with 20 lines on the same ticket so maybe every one was getting an extra hit.  If both groups of match3 had been in the same line, the jackpot would be $1M today and I would be worrying about the best way to handle $23M cash.  It's those kinds of happenings that got me hooked until someone wins this jackpot.

Evil Looking       

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: September 22, 2011, 10:29 pm - IP Logged

Payouts were high for a Monday, I don't know if more tickets were sold or the six winning numbers were more popular than most.  I match3 twice with 20 lines on the same ticket so maybe every one was getting an extra hit.  If both groups of match3 had been in the same line, the jackpot would be $1M today and I would be worrying about the best way to handle $23M cash.  It's those kinds of happenings that got me hooked until someone wins this jackpot.

$46.3 Million for this coming Saturday.

Getting closer to my trigger of $50 Million to commence headin up there, RJ.

Then it's hammer time.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19900 Posts
                    Posted: September 24, 2011, 2:14 pm - IP Logged

$46.3 Million for this coming Saturday.

Getting closer to my trigger of $50 Million to commence headin up there, RJ.

Then it's hammer time.

It may reach your trigger point but mean while it's already hammer time for me in spite of MM being $96M.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19900 Posts
                      Posted: September 24, 2011, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

It may reach your trigger point but mean while it's already hammer time for me in spite of MM being $96M.

No one won the jackpot tonight so it rolled to $46.6M.  I hammered down 45 lines and got two 4of6 for my troubles, so Monday will be hammer time again.  I'm just happy I did better than my usual 3of6 tonight and didn't look foolish playing the extra lines.

Evil Looking       

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: September 24, 2011, 11:09 pm - IP Logged

No one won the jackpot tonight so it rolled to $46.6M.  I hammered down 45 lines and got two 4of6 for my troubles, so Monday will be hammer time again.  I'm just happy I did better than my usual 3of6 tonight and didn't look foolish playing the extra lines.

WTG RJ! Glad to hear that.

I hope you get a couple 5of6's Monday now.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Delaware
                          United States
                          Member #93503
                          July 1, 2010
                          453 Posts
                          Posted: September 24, 2011, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

I should roll out to Ohio, but then again i've been hammering the Mega Millions as of late and probably will keep doing so until someone hits.. which will be me on Tuesday. CoolCheers

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19900 Posts
                            Posted: September 25, 2011, 6:11 am - IP Logged

I should roll out to Ohio, but then again i've been hammering the Mega Millions as of late and probably will keep doing so until someone hits.. which will be me on Tuesday. CoolCheers

I can see traveling to the boarder to play in an adjacent state but traveling through an adjacent state to play in another, you must have a good 649 system you want to test. Naughty

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19900 Posts
                              Posted: September 25, 2011, 8:54 pm - IP Logged

WTG RJ! Glad to hear that.

I hope you get a couple 5of6's Monday now.

A couple of those and I would do better than breaking even for the year.

Evil Looking