Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 3:33 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

$41.2M Ohio Classic Lotto jackpot largest in country again

Topic closed. 124 replies. Last post 5 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 4 of 9
PrintE-mailLink
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: August 29, 2011, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

Might be worth it.  Someone is going to win this thing eventually.  Who knows if it will hit 50?

If you make the trip to Ohio, you can always buy for a few drawings in advance.  Just in case.  (Even if you only throw $1 down on the future drawings, it still keeps you in the game!)

That's why I asked how many draws you could get. 

I'm gonna get 1 line for the max draws (10).

I wish they'd let ya get more than 10 draws though.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19825 Posts
    Posted: August 29, 2011, 11:33 pm - IP Logged

Might be worth it.  Someone is going to win this thing eventually.  Who knows if it will hit 50?

If you make the trip to Ohio, you can always buy for a few drawings in advance.  Just in case.  (Even if you only throw $1 down on the future drawings, it still keeps you in the game!)

When I use to travel to Indiana and Michigan to play PowerBall and BigGame before they were available in Ohio, I would always spend more on tickets than I spent on gas to make the trip worth while.  That may be the reason I won more per drawing then than I do now.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19825 Posts
      Posted: August 30, 2011, 5:37 am - IP Logged

Thanks, I just might make a run before it hits 50.

It just may not reach $50M if other players noticed what I've noticed.  There can't be more than a few thousands combinations that fit those parameters and if a thousand or so players only play those combinations someone is likely to win real soon.

Evil Looking       

Columbus, OH
        United States
        Member #96391
        August 28, 2010
        86 Posts
        Posted: August 31, 2011, 8:33 pm - IP Logged

So close tonight...so close.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19825 Posts
          Posted: September 1, 2011, 9:36 am - IP Logged

So close tonight...so close.

What do you call close?  ......4 of 6 or 5 of 6?  ......all 6 winning numbers in the pool of numbers you played?

Evil Looking       

mt zion illinois
            United States
            Member #110549
            May 6, 2011
            351 Posts
            Posted: September 1, 2011, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

So RJOh have you had much luck lately on Ohio's lotto??? I haven't had much luck on Illinois since I hit the 4 of 6 back in June... I did hit 3 of 6 about 2 weeks ago....

Biggest lottery wins for 2013 $100 1 Time.......

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19825 Posts
              Posted: September 2, 2011, 1:59 am - IP Logged

So RJOh have you had much luck lately on Ohio's lotto??? I haven't had much luck on Illinois since I hit the 4 of 6 back in June... I did hit 3 of 6 about 2 weeks ago....

The best I've done is 3of6 with 20 lines a few times even though I reduced my number pool to the numbers that hit in the previous 12 drawings which had all six winning numbers 50% of the time.  I usually pick my 20 lines from ~200 combinations that were picked from 5000 RNG combinations and always found a 4of6 among the rejects so I need to adjust my reject parameters.

Evil Looking       

Columbus, OH
                United States
                Member #96391
                August 28, 2010
                86 Posts
                Posted: September 2, 2011, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

What do you call close?  ......4 of 6 or 5 of 6?  ......all 6 winning numbers in the pool of numbers you played?

All 6 in the pool I played and 4 of 6 in the actual winning number. The 11 through me off and I removed the 18 out of the combination after I had played it several games in a row.

United States
                  Member #115803
                  August 28, 2011
                  127 Posts
                  Posted: September 3, 2011, 4:27 pm - IP Logged

Went with all auto-picks tonight to shake it up a little.  I've only been doing so-so picking numbers, so I figure the auto-picks can't do much worse.

Picked them up here and there during the week as I was at the grocery store, gas station, etc.  Tried to mix the numbers up a little.

I've noticed that if you buy a bunch at one time from the same place, you tend to get most of the same numbers repeated over and over.  Anyone else notice that with auto-picks in Ohio?

United States
                    Member #115803
                    August 28, 2011
                    127 Posts
                    Posted: September 3, 2011, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

No jackpot winner again.  Up to $44.3 for Monday's drawing.

I would have won $90 if I'd played my regular numbers instead of switching to auto-picks for tonight.  Go figure...I give up on 'em, and then they come in.

But, I'm less upset about the $90 than I would have been if 5 or 6 had matched!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19825 Posts
                      Posted: September 3, 2011, 10:37 pm - IP Logged

No jackpot winner again.  Up to $44.3 for Monday's drawing.

I would have won $90 if I'd played my regular numbers instead of switching to auto-picks for tonight.  Go figure...I give up on 'em, and then they come in.

But, I'm less upset about the $90 than I would have been if 5 or 6 had matched!

You said it, "Went with all auto-picks tonight to shake it up a little.  I've only been doing so-so picking numbers, so I figure the auto-picks can't do much worse."

Now you know they can do worse.  You'll probably get a lot more chances to change how you pick your numbers before this jackpot is won.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19825 Posts
                        Posted: September 7, 2011, 2:26 pm - IP Logged

Did anyone notice that 48 of the 49 numbers have hit in the last 20 drawings, that's bad news for players who like to mix in a few cold numbers that haven't hit for a while.   While all six winning numbers normally  have hit in the previous 20 drawings 65% of the time, 48 of 49 numbers hitting in the previous 20 drawings has only happen 64 of the 724 drawings of OCL.  Just some FYI for those players who's playing tonight.

Evil Looking       

United States
                          Member #115803
                          August 28, 2011
                          127 Posts
                          Posted: September 7, 2011, 10:20 pm - IP Logged

Did anyone notice that 48 of the 49 numbers have hit in the last 20 drawings, that's bad news for players who like to mix in a few cold numbers that haven't hit for a while.   While all six winning numbers normally  have hit in the previous 20 drawings 65% of the time, 48 of 49 numbers hitting in the previous 20 drawings has only happen 64 of the 724 drawings of OCL.  Just some FYI for those players who's playing tonight.

31 and 34 were cold for quite a long time.  (Until the last 2 drawings, of course.)

I've been busy at work, so I haven't been reviewing my combinations as much lately.  Going to give everything a quick review again before Saturday.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19825 Posts
                            Posted: September 8, 2011, 1:59 am - IP Logged

Just when I was thinking about giving up on OCL for a while and playing PB instead, some one wins it.  Now that OCL will be the top jackpot in the country again, I'll stick with it until it's won or a jackpot of MM or PB exceeds $100M again.

Now that 34 was drawn in the last drawing, all 49 numbers have hit at least once in the last 21 drawings.  That has only happened 12 times in all 725 drawings of OCL.

Evil Looking       

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                              Texas
                              United States
                              Member #55889
                              October 23, 2007
                              5592 Posts
                              Posted: September 8, 2011, 9:56 am - IP Logged

Just when I was thinking about giving up on OCL for a while and playing PB instead, some one wins it.  Now that OCL will be the top jackpot in the country again, I'll stick with it until it's won or a jackpot of MM or PB exceeds $100M again.

Now that 34 was drawn in the last drawing, all 49 numbers have hit at least once in the last 21 drawings.  That has only happened 12 times in all 725 drawings of OCL.

Since all 49 numbers have played in the last 21 draws, why not play all the numbers in 20 lines. Then the only hard part is getting the winning numbers on one line.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)