Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 4:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Gold Rush Tripler

Topic closed. 122 replies. Last post 5 years ago by B$Rizzle.

Page 2 of 9
PrintE-mailLink
B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
The Ville, FL
United States
Member #95879
August 19, 2010
1708 Posts
Posted: September 6, 2011, 4:40 pm - IP Logged

Hey Rizz I hope you get straightened out at Publix. Sounds like they were messed up. I went to one Publix earlier to cash in some Triplers. They didn't have any and the clerks came running over to see and gawk at them  LOL! I did good today at two places I bought GRT's and then went to a gas station I always said I would never go back to because I never got any decent wins. They had a new roll put out so I bought #000 to #017 (usually I stop around #012 from #000) but I had the "win fever" and bought them. As usual I lost from that place and got back a paltry $120. I have my best luck at one Publix and a Sunoco station. That's where I bought my decent wins earlier today. I never believed in "lucky stores" but there might be something to it ?? What's your take?

Crazy, I just went back a little bit ago (to Publix) and the girl said "oh we cant add them to the machine until 4PM, the terminal wont let us activate it until then"....WTF? Several of the stores around me already have the GR Tripler as I just got back from my lottery run. Something seems fishy about it so I just gave up at that publix.

Ended up hitting the gas station & liquor store by my house ands they had some. Bought 3 total. Lost on 1 and won my money back on the other 2. Lost $20.

However I did buy a single "Wheel of Fortune" ticket #000 and won $20. (10 matches for $2 each)

For the day, I lost only $10 bux which isn't bad. Its my birthday today so I was hoping for a decent Birthday win, but doesnt look like its gonna happen =(

Orlando, FL
    United States
    Member #95015
    August 1, 2010
    255 Posts
    Posted: September 6, 2011, 7:00 pm - IP Logged

I bought 3 GRT on the way home from work, #04-#06 all losers :-(  Not off to a good start for me. -$60

Orlando, FL
      United States
      Member #115785
      August 28, 2011
      259 Posts
      Posted: September 6, 2011, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

I'll play the Wheel of Fortune for the heck of it.

I'm surprised that they left both Gold Rushes for people to buy.

The Ville, FL
        United States
        Member #95879
        August 19, 2010
        1708 Posts
        Posted: September 6, 2011, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

I'll play the Wheel of Fortune for the heck of it.

I'm surprised that they left both Gold Rushes for people to buy.

I agree, especially since all the Top Prizes are gone now on GR. The FL Lottery just wants to squeeeeeeze every little last drop they can out of the players before pulling it. They are well aware the majority of players don't check the stats & available prizes left online so they know they can get away with it.

The loyal thing to do for the players would be to pull any/all games with 0 top prizes left the day the last one is claimed. Some states do this, amd it shows they legitimately want to keep the integrity & trust

SARASOTA, FL
          United States
          Member #95778
          August 17, 2010
          1108 Posts
          Posted: September 6, 2011, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

I agree, especially since all the Top Prizes are gone now on GR. The FL Lottery just wants to squeeeeeeze every little last drop they can out of the players before pulling it. They are well aware the majority of players don't check the stats & available prizes left online so they know they can get away with it.

The loyal thing to do for the players would be to pull any/all games with 0 top prizes left the day the last one is claimed. Some states do this, amd it shows they legitimately want to keep the integrity & trust

Forgot to Wish You A Happy Birthday Rizz ! Just think - you can celebrate your Birthday along with the launching of the new Gold Ruxh Tripler   LOL!

Miami, Florida
            United States
            Member #111795
            June 2, 2011
            581 Posts
            Posted: September 7, 2011, 11:58 am - IP Logged

Although I am excited to try the new Gold Rush Tripler, here's my problem with what the Florida Lottery website says:  "GOLD RUSH TRIPLER offers better odds at winning $30 to $500 compared to previous Gold Rush games..."

That isn't true!!! The $30 prize level is brand new.....the odds at hitting $40 got worse, and the odds at hitting $500 got worse. How can they make the statement that the odds are better? Nevertheless, I'll be trying one as soon as possible....I guess I'm a sucker. Grrrrr!

Orlando, FL
              United States
              Member #115785
              August 28, 2011
              259 Posts
              Posted: September 7, 2011, 12:21 pm - IP Logged

I happened to go to Publix today and there was this woman buying ticket ----after ticket --after ticket-- from the instant machine.

She didn't seem to be winningUnhappy

SARASOTA, FL
                United States
                Member #95778
                August 17, 2010
                1108 Posts
                Posted: September 7, 2011, 2:34 pm - IP Logged

James put me on to the site that shows the number of prizes available on the initial GTR launch (not including re orders) . Here they are at $500 and above:

$500    - 77,260

$1,000 -  3,024

$10,000 - 252

$500,000 - 10

$1,950,000 lump sum (or $150K for 20 years $3M)  - 4

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
                  Florida
                  United States
                  Member #104435
                  January 14, 2011
                  2244 Posts
                  Posted: September 7, 2011, 2:43 pm - IP Logged
                    The Ville, FL
                    United States
                    Member #95879
                    August 19, 2010
                    1708 Posts
                    Posted: September 7, 2011, 3:27 pm - IP Logged

Forgot to Wish You A Happy Birthday Rizz ! Just think - you can celebrate your Birthday along with the launching of the new Gold Ruxh Tripler   LOL!

Thanks Skeptic! I bought a few for myself yesterday and won my $$ back on 2 and lost on the 3rd. Bought another this morning but I havent scratched it yet. Will let ya know how it turns out. Its ticket #004

The Ville, FL
                      United States
                      Member #95879
                      August 19, 2010
                      1708 Posts
                      Posted: September 7, 2011, 3:27 pm - IP Logged

Although I am excited to try the new Gold Rush Tripler, here's my problem with what the Florida Lottery website says:  "GOLD RUSH TRIPLER offers better odds at winning $30 to $500 compared to previous Gold Rush games..."

That isn't true!!! The $30 prize level is brand new.....the odds at hitting $40 got worse, and the odds at hitting $500 got worse. How can they make the statement that the odds are better? Nevertheless, I'll be trying one as soon as possible....I guess I'm a sucker. Grrrrr!

Funny you brought this up! I noticed the same thing...The odds are worse on the $500 and I was surprised they advertised it that way

SARASOTA, FL
                        United States
                        Member #95778
                        August 17, 2010
                        1108 Posts
                        Posted: September 7, 2011, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

Funny you brought this up! I noticed the same thing...The odds are worse on the $500 and I was surprised they advertised it that way

Tricky almost misleading advertising !!! The site said "compared to GOLD RUSH GAMES in the past" GAMES not the current GOLD RUSH. I have no idea how to track older GR game odds or how many they had labeled Gold Rush. Yeah the letter S puts them in the clear.

"Your President is not a crook!" rings loud and clear  LOL

The Ville, FL
                          United States
                          Member #95879
                          August 19, 2010
                          1708 Posts
                          Posted: September 7, 2011, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

Tricky almost misleading advertising !!! The site said "compared to GOLD RUSH GAMES in the past" GAMES not the current GOLD RUSH. I have no idea how to track older GR game odds or how many they had labeled Gold Rush. Yeah the letter S puts them in the clear.

"Your President is not a crook!" rings loud and clear  LOL

Very true, they could be referring to a super old Gold Rush from many years ago, but I did find out the odds on the "Gold Rush Doubler" & here are the odds for Doubler:

The odds are better for the $500 on the Tripler than they were on Doubler, but there still isnt a $30 winner on the Doubler. Seems they are being very tricky

$500,000.00..... 1-in-3,150,000
                             $10,000.00........1-in-76,829.27
                             $1,000.00..........1-in-8,000
                             $500.00.............1-in-247.42
                             $250.00.............1-in-300
                             $100.00.............1-in-42.86
                             $50.00...............1-in-24     
                             $40.00...............1-in-10
                             $20.00...............1-in-6

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
                            Florida
                            United States
                            Member #104435
                            January 14, 2011
                            2244 Posts
                            Posted: September 7, 2011, 5:54 pm - IP Logged

GRD was a terrible game. I remember most people here complaining how bad it was compared to regular GR. The GRT looks pretty good however.

2014 Highest Winner: $500

Win$500Quick's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                              Florida
                              United States
                              Member #77815
                              August 1, 2009
                              3460 Posts
                              Posted: September 7, 2011, 6:24 pm - IP Logged

I just left this store in my neighborhood that claims to be "The luckiest store in town". They hang up all the winning tickets they sell or cash in. Today they sold the $500 winner on the new Gold Rush Tripler. It was ticket #006.

Guess Who's Back?