Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 9:19 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Gold Rush Tripler

Topic closed. 122 replies. Last post 5 years ago by B$Rizzle.

Page 8 of 9
PrintE-mailLink
Big Stone Gap, VA
United States
Member #108912
April 2, 2011
68 Posts
Posted: September 29, 2011, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

I am so sick of reading about south and central Florida winning these jackpot! Congrats to the winners but boo to the Fl lottery...lol! How about some fair and equal distribution?

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
    The Ville, FL
    United States
    Member #95879
    August 19, 2010
    1708 Posts
    Posted: September 29, 2011, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

I agree! They need to show jacksonville some love

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
      Florida
      United States
      Member #104435
      January 14, 2011
      2244 Posts
      Posted: September 29, 2011, 10:47 pm - IP Logged

I agree! They need to show jacksonville some love

pfft you guys get a ton of million dollar winners while my area along with the keys is the worst in  the state

2014 Highest Winner: $500

The Ville, FL
        United States
        Member #95879
        August 19, 2010
        1708 Posts
        Posted: September 30, 2011, 10:31 am - IP Logged

pfft you guys get a ton of million dollar winners while my area along with the keys is the worst in  the state

LOL yea but unfortunately not the games I play ha haa

The Ville, FL
          United States
          Member #95879
          August 19, 2010
          1708 Posts
          Posted: October 9, 2011, 5:19 pm - IP Logged

Just a FYI, just went to this little hole in the wall shop that I've never been to before & they had a GRT ticket #000 for $10,000 hanging up. It was a single match for $10,000.  They had the claim slip hanging up with it showing claimed on 9/6/11.

The clerk said they had a $20,000 winner 1 week later on the $20 Monopoly also

The Ville, FL
            United States
            Member #95879
            August 19, 2010
            1708 Posts
            Posted: October 12, 2011, 9:19 pm - IP Logged

This is interesting. Just checked the FL Lottery site and see they posted the first $3 Million dollar winner on GRT.

The interesting part is, the Owner of the store is who claimed the ticket:

TALLAHASSEE -The Florida Lottery today announced that Georges Raffoul, 56, of Tampa, claimed the first $3 million top prize in the GOLD RUSH TRIPLER Scratch-Off game at Florida Lottery headquarters in Tallahassee.
            Raffoul chose the one-time, lump-sum payment option for his winnings in the amount of $1,950,000.00. He purchased his winning ticket at Light Star Enterprises, located at 37330 Lock Street in Dade City.

If you google maps the address, it shows "Georges Raffoul Beaty supply"

Im wondering if this guy just sits there all day watching peopel scratch and then swoops in after several losers in a row.

it's not illegal, just goes to show store owners DO have the advantage

Florida
              United States
              Member #104435
              January 14, 2011
              2244 Posts
              Posted: October 12, 2011, 10:52 pm - IP Logged

This is interesting. Just checked the FL Lottery site and see they posted the first $3 Million dollar winner on GRT.

The interesting part is, the Owner of the store is who claimed the ticket:

TALLAHASSEE -The Florida Lottery today announced that Georges Raffoul, 56, of Tampa, claimed the first $3 million top prize in the GOLD RUSH TRIPLER Scratch-Off game at Florida Lottery headquarters in Tallahassee.
              Raffoul chose the one-time, lump-sum payment option for his winnings in the amount of $1,950,000.00. He purchased his winning ticket at Light Star Enterprises, located at 37330 Lock Street in Dade City.

If you google maps the address, it shows "Georges Raffoul Beaty supply"

Im wondering if this guy just sits there all day watching peopel scratch and then swoops in after several losers in a row.

it's not illegal, just goes to show store owners DO have the advantage

Hey B$Rizzle, im guessing one of 5 possibilities

1- Guy 'hawks' the tickets all day like you said

2- Someone else bought the ticket and handed it over for him to scan it and he told the person it was a loser and kept the ticket

3- Someone else bought the ticket and just scratched the code, saw it was a losing code and tossed it. store owner later checked it himself and found the winner

4- He cashed it for a friend who might owe money to the feds ....

Or hopefully ....

5- He got lucky, legitimate win

The Ville, FL
                United States
                Member #95879
                August 19, 2010
                1708 Posts
                Posted: October 13, 2011, 8:27 am - IP Logged

Hey B$Rizzle, im guessing one of 5 possibilities

1- Guy 'hawks' the tickets all day like you said

2- Someone else bought the ticket and handed it over for him to scan it and he told the person it was a loser and kept the ticket

3- Someone else bought the ticket and just scratched the code, saw it was a losing code and tossed it. store owner later checked it himself and found the winner

4- He cashed it for a friend who might owe money to the feds ....

Or hopefully ....

5- He got lucky, legitimate win

James- my theories are the same. Lets hope it was #5 and he ligitimately won

New Port Richey
                  United States
                  Member #116754
                  September 18, 2011
                  13 Posts
                  Posted: October 13, 2011, 5:20 pm - IP Logged

So today I come here to "advise" people to stay away from GRT for a long long time.

Buy 5 today, 011-015

All duds.

Buy 2 more. 016-017.

Both duds, so a little bit upset and $140 down I make the clerk scan every single ticket to make sure I'm not crazy.

All 7, in a row, duds.

Tell myself, "That next one is a winner and I'll be <snip>ed if I let some Joe Schmoe come in with $20 and win something big so I buy it. 018.

$20 winner..............

This is "legal robbery" via the FL Lotto in my opinion.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

SARASOTA, FL
                    United States
                    Member #95778
                    August 17, 2010
                    1093 Posts
                    Posted: October 13, 2011, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

James- my theories are the same. Lets hope it was #5 and he ligitimately won

Hey Rizz - There's an interesting article in the St.Pete newspaper Feb 11, 2011. "Sheriff announces dozens of arrests in Lock Street inquiry"

brief quote, "Lock Street serves as the main drag through Tommy Town, home to migrant workers and the working poor."

The article goes on to talk about arrests of street gangs. Lock Street is where the big GRT winner has what - a store ??

Miami, Florida
                      United States
                      Member #111795
                      June 2, 2011
                      581 Posts
                      Posted: October 13, 2011, 6:24 pm - IP Logged

Hey Rizz - There's an interesting article in the St.Pete newspaper Feb 11, 2011. "Sheriff announces dozens of arrests in Lock Street inquiry"

brief quote, "Lock Street serves as the main drag through Tommy Town, home to migrant workers and the working poor."

The article goes on to talk about arrests of street gangs. Lock Street is where the big GRT winner has what - a store ??

Seems pretty janky to me. Something tells me that an illegal had the winner, the guy scanned it and kept it for himself. Either way, it seems kind of messed up. Even if the store owner won this on his own, it makes me wonder.

The Ville, FL
                        United States
                        Member #95879
                        August 19, 2010
                        1708 Posts
                        Posted: October 13, 2011, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

Ya know Skeptic, I looked at the pics on google maps and formed my own opinion but didnt want to sound stereotypical so I kept my mouth shut LOL. If you look at the pics, you will get the sense of what kind of people hang out at this "store". For example there is a mass of cars just parked in random order in front of what used to be gas pumps. Then you have some thug looking people just chilling on the side. Then you take a picture of the houses in that area, and it gives a pretty good idea of what this street is like.

This place definitely seems like some kind of cover up place for whats really going on =)

SARASOTA, FL
                          United States
                          Member #95778
                          August 17, 2010
                          1093 Posts
                          Posted: October 13, 2011, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

Ya know Skeptic, I looked at the pics on google maps and formed my own opinion but didnt want to sound stereotypical so I kept my mouth shut LOL. If you look at the pics, you will get the sense of what kind of people hang out at this "store". For example there is a mass of cars just parked in random order in front of what used to be gas pumps. Then you have some thug looking people just chilling on the side. Then you take a picture of the houses in that area, and it gives a pretty good idea of what this street is like.

This place definitely seems like some kind of cover up place for whats really going on =)

Hey Rizz - I just looked at the pics of that place and wow - I saw a suspicious looking towelhead sitting in a AudiA4 !!! LOL

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                            Pennsylvania
                            United States
                            Member #74096
                            May 2, 2009
                            22912 Posts
                            Posted: October 13, 2011, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

Just a FYI, just went to this little hole in the wall shop that I've never been to before & they had a GRT ticket #000 for $10,000 hanging up. It was a single match for $10,000.  They had the claim slip hanging up with it showing claimed on 9/6/11.

The clerk said they had a $20,000 winner 1 week later on the $20 Monopoly also

Hey B$Rizzle..in the stores where the winners are hanging up, can you do me a favor next time if you

remember? Could you take a look at the ticket numbers...are they randomly placed or are most of them

at the front and end of the pack.

A store I go to has a lot of tickets hanging in the window, he just recently started posting the winning

tickets of $100 and up. I noticed an awful lot of winners from 1 - 10 on the $10's and $20's and winners

from 024 to 029 on the $20's.

Store clerks/owners are taking advantage of the system. The system isn't as random as the lottery

claims. Isn't it nice to snag a $100 or $500 ticket? They know where to find them because the ones

that play have all the experience that comes with playing, selling and redeeming the tickets. They take

note of numbers and if people are cashing in enough of them everyday...then they'd have to be pretty darn

dense not to know.

We in PA have 2 questions on our claim forms, which were revised for 3/11:

#1. Are you a PA Lottery Retailer or a family member of a PA Lottery Retailer.

#2. Do you or a family member work for a PA Lottery Retailer.

Interesting.

I sent an email to the security team of the PA Lottery headquarters concerning the hawk/clerk in my

area. I expected to get a canned answer but did not. They want more information.

I don't care who wins what or how much, I have won and do win enough money but what I do care about

is an inside edge..this clerk certainly has one. I've already seen her opening the machine and checking

the ticket numbers inside to see what number the pack is on. She has the inside edge and funny thing is

she won a big prize and had her husband claim it....wonder why? Maybe she owed him some money Roll Eyes

Right.

Clerks should not be able to play..period. If a cashier on a register who never touches a pack for validation

or never redeems a ticket or has anything to do with ticket sales, payouts and stocking wants to play...

go ahead...knock yourself out.

If a clerk who validates, stocks machines, redeems tickets, has access to new packs/can withhold new

packs from being stocked until they are on shift for their own playing pleasure or has the key for the

IVM wants to play....DO NOT LET THEM PLAY WHILE ON SHIFT. PERIOD.

This is a hot topic in my opinion and an important one. If the clerks know when to start playing and

know where the winner came from because they bought the first 10 or so and got a good one, they can

sit back and wait for duds to be sold so they can start up again finding a good one for themselves. All

us other suckers are not privy to that information....and are dopes because we are not in the know but

are being used to keep someone else there.

Florida
                              United States
                              Member #104435
                              January 14, 2011
                              2244 Posts
                              Posted: October 13, 2011, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

well at least we now know where to get a quick high while were in Dade City lol. im 99% convinced there is foul play going on with this win.....