Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Gold Rush Tripler

Topic closed. 122 replies. Last post 5 years ago by B$Rizzle.

Page 3 of 9
PrintE-mailLink
SARASOTA, FL
United States
Member #95778
August 17, 2010
1090 Posts
Posted: September 7, 2011, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

I just left this store in my neighborhood that claims to be "The luckiest store in town". They hang up all the winning tickets they sell or cash in. Today they sold the $500 winner on the new Gold Rush Tripler. It was ticket #006.

Did you win the ticket? Or was it one that they just hung up ? I always had my best luck between #000 - #010.

Win$500Quick's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
    Florida
    United States
    Member #77815
    August 1, 2009
    3459 Posts
    Posted: September 7, 2011, 10:41 pm - IP Logged

Did you win the ticket? Or was it one that they just hung up ? I always had my best luck between #000 - #010.

No I didn't win. If I won I would have posted the ticket. It was posted with the validation ticket with today's date. I did buy my quick pick powerball tickets from there. Fingers crossed.

Guess Who's Back?

Orlando, FL
      United States
      Member #95015
      August 1, 2010
      252 Posts
      Posted: September 9, 2011, 6:32 am - IP Logged

Picked up 2 more GRT at Publix on the way home yesterday.  #08 and #09 both losers.  So far this week down $100 from GRT, no winning tickets for me.

Orlando, FL
        United States
        Member #115785
        August 28, 2011
        259 Posts
        Posted: September 9, 2011, 8:03 am - IP Logged

I have not played this one yet, I got discouraged after seeing this lady buying tons of tickets and losing. That's a lot of cash to lose.

Orlando, FL
          United States
          Member #95015
          August 1, 2010
          252 Posts
          Posted: September 9, 2011, 2:16 pm - IP Logged

Un-freaking believable.  I bought 3 more GRT on my lunch break today.  #14-#16, again all losers.  Not one winning ticket of any amount this week.  The Florida Lottery wonders why it's losing popularity and this is one reason.  They flood the markets with too many losing tickets which hurts the posted odds for each game.  Once a player loses enough he or she quits playing.   In 2010 there were many more winning tickets.  I hit Gold Rush Gold bar $500 4 times and $1,000 twice and $100 more times than I can count on Billion Blockbuster.  Something changed in 2011 as I have been lucky to break even on any week.  I hit $200 on Monopoly once and several $20-$30 wins but mostly losers all year.  I will keep trying the Gold Rush Tripler a little longer but if it continues to suck me dry I will be taking another break from the Florida lottery.

Orlando, FL
            United States
            Member #115785
            August 28, 2011
            259 Posts
            Posted: September 9, 2011, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

SARASOTA, FL
              United States
              Member #95778
              August 17, 2010
              1090 Posts
              Posted: September 9, 2011, 3:08 pm - IP Logged

Un-freaking believable.  I bought 3 more GRT on my lunch break today.  #14-#16, again all losers.  Not one winning ticket of any amount this week.  The Florida Lottery wonders why it's losing popularity and this is one reason.  They flood the markets with too many losing tickets which hurts the posted odds for each game.  Once a player loses enough he or she quits playing.   In 2010 there were many more winning tickets.  I hit Gold Rush Gold bar $500 4 times and $1,000 twice and $100 more times than I can count on Billion Blockbuster.  Something changed in 2011 as I have been lucky to break even on any week.  I hit $200 on Monopoly once and several $20-$30 wins but mostly losers all year.  I will keep trying the Gold Rush Tripler a little longer but if it continues to suck me dry I will be taking another break from the Florida lottery.

Sorry to hear your bad luck with GRT. I posted my GRT best results w/2pics the other day. The lucky gas station I buy from just got in a few rolls on the Sept 6 launch - I must have been lucky to get three $100's and a $50 from #000 -#009. Since then I've only bought a few tickets and got zippo. IMO if you get to buy from a hot roll you'll get some decent wins. But how do you know when the roll your buying from is hot? They have it all figured out - as in how to vacuum our wallet dry. They toss a few good wins out for us and we'll come running. Example of hot rolls was in the first/second week of April when I hit four FMC stars, five $500's and a few 20X. I stopped playing FMC weeks ago because I got way too many duds since then. Hope you do better wbrightfl !! The most I ever won on a scratcher was $5K August 2010. I'll post the pic.

SARASOTA, FL
                United States
                Member #95778
                August 17, 2010
                1090 Posts
                Posted: September 9, 2011, 3:15 pm - IP Logged

Biggest win. August 2010.

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
                  Florida
                  United States
                  Member #104435
                  January 14, 2011
                  2244 Posts
                  Posted: September 9, 2011, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

Sorry to hear your bad luck with GRT. I posted my GRT best results w/2pics the other day. The lucky gas station I buy from just got in a few rolls on the Sept 6 launch - I must have been lucky to get three $100's and a $50 from #000 -#009. Since then I've only bought a few tickets and got zippo. IMO if you get to buy from a hot roll you'll get some decent wins. But how do you know when the roll your buying from is hot? They have it all figured out - as in how to vacuum our wallet dry. They toss a few good wins out for us and we'll come running. Example of hot rolls was in the first/second week of April when I hit four FMC stars, five $500's and a few 20X. I stopped playing FMC weeks ago because I got way too many duds since then. Hope you do better wbrightfl !! The most I ever won on a scratcher was $5K August 2010. I'll post the pic.

They tend to stick a bunch of good wins all on 1 roll to get addict players excited then they just drain you on the next 5 rolls which are all cold. 

As for April, i think the lotto opened their vault and sent out tons of hot rolls everywhere. It has not been the same since or before that.

2014 Highest Winner: $500

Miami, Florida
                    United States
                    Member #111795
                    June 2, 2011
                    581 Posts
                    Posted: September 9, 2011, 3:28 pm - IP Logged

They tend to stick a bunch of good wins all on 1 roll to get addict players excited then they just drain you on the next 5 rolls which are all cold. 

As for April, i think the lotto opened their vault and sent out tons of hot rolls everywhere. It has not been the same since or before that.

Completely agree....April 4th I hit five hundred on Gold Rush. It was #022.

Florida
                      United States
                      Member #104435
                      January 14, 2011
                      2244 Posts
                      Posted: September 9, 2011, 3:28 pm - IP Logged

Congrats Ed cant believe you almost tossed it out lol

The odds for $5K on this game are worse than the odds for $10K !!!

Florida
                        United States
                        Member #104435
                        January 14, 2011
                        2244 Posts
                        Posted: September 9, 2011, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

Completely agree....April 4th I hit five hundred on Gold Rush. It was #022.

I hit all my big wins in 2 weeks. $4K, 2x $1K, 3x $500, 5x $200 and about 30x $100

Have not hit anything over $400 since. I think the $400 was a fluke anyway cause the roll was from miami not here !!

SARASOTA, FL
                          United States
                          Member #95778
                          August 17, 2010
                          1090 Posts
                          Posted: September 9, 2011, 5:24 pm - IP Logged

Congrats Ed cant believe you almost tossed it out lol

The odds for $5K on this game are worse than the odds for $10K !!!

Yeah I can't believe I tossed it then later decided to recheck all the tickets I tossed out and found one that had a number unscratched and won $5K ! Makes me wonder if I ever threw out another decent win !!

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
                            The Ville, FL
                            United States
                            Member #95879
                            August 19, 2010
                            1708 Posts
                            Posted: September 13, 2011, 9:27 am - IP Logged

Bought 2 more GR Triplers from a different Publix yesterday & 1 more this morning by my work. All 3 losers.

Not looking good, and Im not liking this game much at all!

Ive asked around at the different stores how they are doing, and they all say the same thing "havent really seen any decent winners, just people getting their money back". These stores I buy from flip rolls like they are going out of style too, and still no decent winners.

SARASOTA, FL
                              United States
                              Member #95778
                              August 17, 2010
                              1090 Posts
                              Posted: September 13, 2011, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

Bought 2 more GR Triplers from a different Publix yesterday & 1 more this morning by my work. All 3 losers.

Not looking good, and Im not liking this game much at all!

Ive asked around at the different stores how they are doing, and they all say the same thing "havent really seen any decent winners, just people getting their money back". These stores I buy from flip rolls like they are going out of style too, and still no decent winners.

GRT only has ten $500K and four $1.95M lump sum top prizes. If the game lasts a couple of years like past GR's those prizes could be put out few and far between. BDB still has 82 $1M and 6 $10M  left to win. Even the ten dollar $200MS still has 8 top $1M prizes. With those prizes still out there - what would you be buying ? I think GRT is another money maker for the Lottery. I talked to a lot of GRT players and not one won the Gold Nugget yet. My best wins were $100.