Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Sweet Millions buy 5 get 3 free for January!!

Topic closed. 79 replies. Last post 5 years ago by kapla.

Page 5 of 6
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #94616
July 24, 2010
4735 Posts
Posted: February 24, 2012, 5:11 am - IP Logged

Watch for 20's to make a come back.  They have only been hitting with *1* digit at a time lately, last time 2 or more showed up was 10 plays ago.

Caught 3 of 6 last night going after the 2 - 20's theme, so won $3 and spent $5 ... lol!!!! 

United States
    Member #123427
    February 20, 2012
    89 Posts
    Posted: February 25, 2012, 8:37 am - IP Logged

actually i hate this promotion...because i see my budget going from $10 a draw to $80 a draw...best cold number is 19 so jada if you are gonna pull a big wheel then thats your number...and now is the time...hit it big while there is still a calm before the storm.

based on stats it should hit within three drawings...

you could insure a key power number wheel without the 19 with just all small skips...and maybe a ten skip....

at a skip of 28 days it is a must play...

so far the max skip in the game is 31 days i think

sweet million is NOT a random generator...not to advertise but if you go to the offical ny state web address then you can actually see a recording of the drawing... (i dont know why they dont have it live like take five)

you have to go to abc official site to see the live feed of take five.

mega millions draws on channel 7 abc

it would be interesting to see how much they are saving by taking the live drawings of broadcast tv for take five

my last wheel i played 40 dollars and won 3...i probably lost the ticket also...i was not so thrilled about that result.

anyway for me its all about wild 9's right now in sweet million...and that goes for mega and powerball too.

United States
      Member #122860
      February 9, 2012
      39 Posts
      Posted: February 26, 2012, 9:34 am - IP Logged

Yeah this game drives me nuts.  I cant believe its still considering it has produced so few winners and the second prize is horrible.

I had 4 of 6 on the last drawing, of course it was the first four numbers which really teased me.   But anyways, I will probably play only $5 a draw through february just to get the bonus tickets and then be done with this game.

United States
        Member #122860
        February 9, 2012
        39 Posts
        Posted: February 27, 2012, 10:14 am - IP Logged

Well, I guess I am a sucker. 

With the game at its 13th draw with no jackpot I am thinking of wheeling about 18-20 numbers and playing 10 cards (100 lines) to see how I do.

I know I will most likely kick myself for it tomorrow, but I will be even more mad if these numbers come and I dont play.

United States
          Member #111308
          May 22, 2011
          74 Posts
          Posted: February 27, 2012, 12:10 pm - IP Logged

Well, I guess I am a sucker. 

With the game at its 13th draw with no jackpot I am thinking of wheeling about 18-20 numbers and playing 10 cards (100 lines) to see how I do.

I know I will most likely kick myself for it tomorrow, but I will be even more mad if these numbers come and I dont play.

ill buy 100 bucks myself just quickpicks im tired of beign wrong i been waiting for this set to come out and it never does  2,10 15  23  27  35

United States
            Member #122860
            February 9, 2012
            39 Posts
            Posted: February 27, 2012, 12:31 pm - IP Logged

ill buy 100 bucks myself just quickpicks im tired of beign wrong i been waiting for this set to come out and it never does  2,10 15  23  27  35

Yeah I have those numbers in my rotation also.

I had been buying just quick picks and have only got 4 of 6 once this year.  I usually average around $50 spent each draw and havent gotten nearly as much back.

United States
              Member #94616
              July 24, 2010
              4735 Posts
              Posted: February 27, 2012, 3:06 pm - IP Logged

Yeah this game drives me nuts.  I cant believe its still considering it has produced so few winners and the second prize is horrible.

I had 4 of 6 on the last drawing, of course it was the first four numbers which really teased me.   But anyways, I will probably play only $5 a draw through february just to get the bonus tickets and then be done with this game.

Yea that is my budget also -$5 a play.  Keep getting 3 of 6 and ALMOST getting my money back. 

United States
                Member #122860
                February 9, 2012
                39 Posts
                Posted: February 27, 2012, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

I figured I would try my wheel one time. 

I picked 40 lines, and got 24 free lines.

Yesterday when I wen tot get a $2 Take 5 i accidentally hit sweet millions, watch, that will be my best ticket.  :)

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                  NY
                  United States
                  Member #121961
                  January 21, 2012
                  3157 Posts
                  Posted: February 28, 2012, 12:21 pm - IP Logged

This game needs to go, no one wins the jackpot. Its a complete failure and no fun to play. They need to come up with something else.

United States
                    Member #111308
                    May 22, 2011
                    74 Posts
                    Posted: February 28, 2012, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

i bought 70 worth of tickets yesterday and made back 55 so im shrinking my budget from 100 to 50.I went from 2000 a draw to 50 how pathetic is this game

United States
                      Member #122860
                      February 9, 2012
                      39 Posts
                      Posted: March 1, 2012, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

I made nothing on the last draw.

SO I am going to play $10 a draw during hte bonus and thats it.

NEW YORK
                        United States
                        Member #90535
                        April 29, 2010
                        11982 Posts
                        Posted: March 1, 2012, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

I made nothing on the last draw.

SO I am going to play $10 a draw during hte bonus and thats it.

GOD REPRESENTS THE NUMBER 1. I usually buy A SINGLE LINE QUICK PICK  on SWEET MIILION. I will win with a single ticket if GOD wants me too.

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
                          NY State
                          United States
                          Member #92609
                          June 10, 2010
                          3706 Posts
                          Posted: March 1, 2012, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

This game needs to go, no one wins the jackpot. Its a complete failure and no fun to play. They need to come up with something else.

You're right, the game does need to go, or they need to change it to attract more players.

The reason there few jackpot winners is beacuse people just dont like and play the game.  Approximately 10% of the possible 3,838,383 six number combinations get sold for each drawing.  That means 90% of the possible number of combo's goes unsold.  (3,838 combos get sold versus 3,834,545 NOT being sold)

So what is it about Sweet Million that people dont like, and therefore not play the game?

I'm very surprised that The NYS Lottery does not know that the lottery playing public isnt stupid.  Sure, 3,838,383 to 1 odds is the lowest/best odds of winning 1 million dollars anywhere.  But people like to see jackpots grow when they arent won, which doesnt happen with Sweet Million.  So there's no opportunity for "lotto fever" to get going with Sweet Million.

The prize for second place is $500. (Having 5 of the 6 numbers which is 18,815 to 1 odds)  $500.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME????  I can win $5,000 by having all 4 numbers in Win4.  And the odds there are 10,000 to 1.  Win4 has lower odds (so it's easier to win), and the prize payout is 10 times larger than Sweet Million

Why the game has lasted as long as it has is a mystery to me.

PS Good to see somebody else from Dutchess County here at LP.

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
                            upstate NY
                            United States
                            Member #108791
                            March 31, 2011
                            549 Posts
                            Posted: March 2, 2012, 6:09 pm - IP Logged

Looks like they're NOT doing the "buy $5, get $3 free" promotion in March.  Instead, they're running a Take 5 "buy $10, get $3 free" promotion.

I wonder if the lottery is keeping this game running to prove that a $1 million jackpot game doesn't work despite players' insistence that such a game would be popular.

However, I agree with those of you who are saying the lower tier prizes aren't enough.  If I could reorganize Sweet Million, I'd multiply all of the lower tier prizes by 10 and add a prize for matching 2 balls.  In other words:

MatchCurrent PrizeNew Prize
                            6 of 6$1 million jackpot$1 million jackpot
                            5 of 6$500$5,000
                            4 of 6$40$400
                            3 of 6$3$30
                            2 of 6N/A$2 OR Free Play

However, if NYL does decide to get rid of this game, I'd like to see them replace it with a Win For Life game based on the scratchers.  They could either create their own game or join Virginia's.

Albany, NY
                              United States
                              Member #124164
                              March 8, 2012
                              42 Posts
                              Posted: March 8, 2012, 11:18 am - IP Logged

You're right, the game does need to go, or they need to change it to attract more players.

The reason there few jackpot winners is beacuse people just dont like and play the game.  Approximately 10% of the possible 3,838,383 six number combinations get sold for each drawing.  That means 90% of the possible number of combo's goes unsold.  (3,838 combos get sold versus 3,834,545 NOT being sold)

So what is it about Sweet Million that people dont like, and therefore not play the game?

I'm very surprised that The NYS Lottery does not know that the lottery playing public isnt stupid.  Sure, 3,838,383 to 1 odds is the lowest/best odds of winning 1 million dollars anywhere.  But people like to see jackpots grow when they arent won, which doesnt happen with Sweet Million.  So there's no opportunity for "lotto fever" to get going with Sweet Million.

The prize for second place is $500. (Having 5 of the 6 numbers which is 18,815 to 1 odds)  $500.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME????  I can win $5,000 by having all 4 numbers in Win4.  And the odds there are 10,000 to 1.  Win4 has lower odds (so it's easier to win), and the prize payout is 10 times larger than Sweet Million

Why the game has lasted as long as it has is a mystery to me.

PS Good to see somebody else from Dutchess County here at LP.

I was exchanging emails with a NY lottery employee and asked her about how many sweet millions tickets are actually sold.  This is some of the info she gave me.

Currently, we have sales of about $500,000 per draw for the Sweet Million game, which is only 1/8th of the odds to win the jackpot.  A large number of these plays are duplicative as many people play similar numbers such as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, which mean we are only experiencing coverage of less than 8% of the total possible number combinations that can be drawn (3,838,380). 

And of course:

We have no plans at this time to change or discontinue our Sweet Million game

Thanks, good luck everyone.  I am done with this game for the most part, maybe one quick pick each draw, but that will be it.