Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Sweet Millions buy 5 get 3 free for January!!

Topic closed. 79 replies. Last post 5 years ago by kapla.

Page 6 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
NY
United States
Member #121961
January 21, 2012
3157 Posts
Posted: March 8, 2012, 2:16 pm - IP Logged

Good info. They should remove some more numbers then, if they are telling the truth.

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
    NY State
    United States
    Member #92609
    June 10, 2010
    3693 Posts
    Posted: March 8, 2012, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

I was exchanging emails with a NY lottery employee and asked her about how many sweet millions tickets are actually sold.  This is some of the info she gave me.

Currently, we have sales of about $500,000 per draw for the Sweet Million game, which is only 1/8th of the odds to win the jackpot.  A large number of these plays are duplicative as many people play similar numbers such as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, which mean we are only experiencing coverage of less than 8% of the total possible number combinations that can be drawn (3,838,380). 

And of course:

We have no plans at this time to change or discontinue our Sweet Million game

Thanks, good luck everyone.  I am done with this game for the most part, maybe one quick pick each draw, but that will be it.

Only 8% coverage.  Wow.  That's 2% less than what The NYS Lottery told me in 2010.  At that time, they said they were experiencing 10% coverage of the total possible number combinations. (factoring out the duplicate lines like 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

2% less coverage can only mean one thing.  It means they're selling 2% less lines now than they were in 2010.  Since they are selling fewer lines/tickets it's probably for two reasons; players being disatified with the game and the economy.

Even when they had the promotion going on in January and Feb, that still didnt generate enough sales/coverage to produce any "extra" jackpots. 

All they need do is up the amounts of the lower tier prizes, especially 2nd place.  It should be at least $5000.  But to do that, it might actually require a change in the gaming laws.  I'm not sure whether or not the NYS Lottery can just arbitrarily change the prize amounts without authorization from the NYS Legislature.

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

United States
      Member #94616
      July 24, 2010
      4735 Posts
      Posted: April 1, 2012, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

Someone won the jackpot!!!

First6 out of 6$1,000,000.001
      Winning Counties: KINGS                     (QP),
      Retailer Locations:
      • LA PLACITA OLVERA DELI        , 832 BROADWAY                  , BROOKLYN         

United States
        Member #111308
        May 22, 2011
        74 Posts
        Posted: April 2, 2012, 5:28 pm - IP Logged

i hate this game now ill only play a 1 dollar quick pick for this crappy game

United States
          Member #94616
          July 24, 2010
          4735 Posts
          Posted: April 2, 2012, 8:11 pm - IP Logged

i hate this game now ill only play a 1 dollar quick pick for this crappy game

You know, you will probably do BETTER !! Just the way things go - right!