Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 4:50 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Take5 NY

13093 replies. Last post 5 hours ago by CajunWin4.

Page 673 of 873
PrintE-mailLink
GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
NY State
United States
Member #92609
June 10, 2010
3709 Posts
Posted: August 6, 2015, 7:21 am - IP Logged

pplaying same numbers

give5 it seems to me the lottery gives out millions every day in daily games u would think that it would be possible . I'm not saying I could do it but just pure luck and odds one could do it but I found one person yet who does it full time and makes a living doing just that

elina: it seems that it possible to do that. But I don't know if I will be able to do. I m leaving my job and I really was hoping by now I could be good enough to at lest replace my income

I'm just not there yet. I had my best month ever last month but not close to what I need because I have to double my income to replace it. a person would need half to bet with the other half to live on. So if I make 4000 a month I would need 8000 or about to be safe.

LC,  you could try it, but my guess is that you probably wouldn't be playing for very long.  That's not a knock against you personally, it's just the odds are so stacked against you.

Elina, your uncle is fabulous and I wish I was him!!  My guess is that he's been playing for many many years.  I would think someone who has that kind of skill did not learn it in just a few years.  G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

ElinaSammy2081's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
    Bronx, NY
    United States
    Member #164554
    March 6, 2015
    798 Posts
    Posted: August 6, 2015, 11:07 am - IP Logged

Yes my uncle is a veteran he has been playing since he got back he only plays pick 3 is funny because I always walk into him at the liquor store line to play he jokes around like its in our blood that we play lotterys my uncle does not play take 5 or mega m or powerball not even win 4. He states experience gives you an edge and he is always with his black little notebook writing,checking, and reading it.

ElinaSammy2081's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
      Bronx, NY
      United States
      Member #164554
      March 6, 2015
      798 Posts
      Posted: August 6, 2015, 11:29 am - IP Logged

I think in order to have everything covered a person would have to win a jackpot monthly take 5 5:5 or win 4:5 everyday with repeated lines. I hope the best for you LC some people swear by pick 3 maybe you can look into that game.

United States
        Member #165376
        April 4, 2015
        508 Posts
        Posted: August 6, 2015, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

I'm not ready for that. I will be leaving my job after 21 years and I'm really not sure what I'm going to do. I have only been playing for a couple of years  I was really wondering if people knew people that do it.  I'm a humble man, don't need alot, my children are grown and my house is modest but.......... the reason we play is fun and it's always more fun to win! and to make a living playing numbers would be better then another job.   I have until Jan before I make the transition.  THANKS TO Everyone ONE COMMENTED on it.

NY State
          United States
          Member #92609
          June 10, 2010
          3709 Posts
          Posted: August 6, 2015, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

I'm not ready for that. I will be leaving my job after 21 years and I'm really not sure what I'm going to do. I have only been playing for a couple of years  I was really wondering if people knew people that do it.  I'm a humble man, don't need alot, my children are grown and my house is modest but.......... the reason we play is fun and it's always more fun to win! and to make a living playing numbers would be better then another job.   I have until Jan before I make the transition.  THANKS TO Everyone ONE COMMENTED on it.

I know that feeling LC.

I spent 32 years with my employer and in 2009 was abruptly shown the door.  I was aware that the odds of staying with them weren't good, and most people employed by them knew we were living on borrowed time. It sounds to me like at least you're leaving your job on your own terms which is better than what I went through.

I didn't know what I was going to do either.  But I eventually sorted things out, and got the job I have today.  Not that my job is anything special, because it's not.  It's a low stress, no-brainer type of gig that doesn't pay very well, but that's what I want.  I tell people I'm "semi-retired" and that's an accurate statement.  I like the troops I work with/around, and we have a lot of fun playing the lottery. (I'm known as "The Lottery Guy" because I run the various office lottery pools.)

My three children are grown too. My youngest just graduated from college in May.  She's home for another month and then off to Grad School.  The other two have careers and live in New York City.  So it's my wife and I here at home most of the time.  My wife cant quite retire yet as she's in her late 50's, but as soon as she reaches 62 and can get Soc. Security we're both going to fully retire.  Until that time I'll do my part time job thing and play the lottery for some fun and excitement. 

You folks might remember that I was down in North Carolina last March.  There was a reason why we went and it wasn't just to go on a vacation.  My wife's job took her down there and I went along for the ride. While we were down there we did a fair amount of looking around trying to figure out if we'd like living in the Raleigh/Durham area.  We decided that we'd like it, although we went to the east coast of North Carolina too and we liked that as well.   

So hang in there LC, it'll all work out and half the fun is seeing what's going to happen next.  G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

Maryland
            United States
            Member #162434
            January 2, 2015
            894 Posts
            Posted: August 6, 2015, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

Sooo, I am gonna be in NY for a couple days this weekend and thought I would ask you guys what I should do or NOT do if I play Take 5 when there?

Maryland
              United States
              Member #162434
              January 2, 2015
              894 Posts
              Posted: August 6, 2015, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

Oh and whats up with the NY Lotto game? Seems like there are not a lot of jackpot winners?  Should I even bother?

NY
                United States
                Member #167035
                June 22, 2015
                1340 Posts
                Posted: August 6, 2015, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

Oh and whats up with the NY Lotto game? Seems like there are not a lot of jackpot winners?  Should I even bother?

avoid it - moving on

nice stats g5 about 27 and 37 - and sorry about your job lc and g5 tough having to be forced into early retirement

NY State
                  United States
                  Member #92609
                  June 10, 2010
                  3709 Posts
                  Posted: August 6, 2015, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

avoid it - moving on

nice stats g5 about 27 and 37 - and sorry about your job lc and g5 tough having to be forced into early retirement

Thanks YP! 

Actually being forced into early retirement was the best thing that ever happened to me!  I just didn't know it at the time.  I had two kids in college and a third kid one year away from going to college, so it scared the crap outta me, but I landed on my feet. 

Looking back at it, I don't know why I didn't bail out on my own accord.  G5

NY State
                    United States
                    Member #92609
                    June 10, 2010
                    3709 Posts
                    Posted: August 6, 2015, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

I know Yellowpig said to avoid Lotto, and normally I'd agree. 

But not this time.  Lotto's JP is an abnormally high 32.5 million.  It hasn't been that high in decades.

And....

I know everybody wants to win a JP, but the smartest reason to play Lotto is not to play to win the JP.  Play it to win 2nd place, which is far easier to win than the JP.  If nobody hits 2nd place, it rollsover and grows.  Right now 2nd place is good for $27,395 which is rather low for it.  I've seen it get to over $300,000.  G5

NY
                      United States
                      Member #167035
                      June 22, 2015
                      1340 Posts
                      Posted: August 6, 2015, 7:57 pm - IP Logged

I know Yellowpig said to avoid Lotto, and normally I'd agree. 

But not this time.  Lotto's JP is an abnormally high 32.5 million.  It hasn't been that high in decades.

And....

I know everybody wants to win a JP, but the smartest reason to play Lotto is not to play to win the JP.  Play it to win 2nd place, which is far easier to win than the JP.  If nobody hits 2nd place, it rollsover and grows.  Right now 2nd place is good for $27,395 which is rather low for it.  I've seen it get to over $300,000.  G5

didn't it regularly get to 50+ million back in the 90s pre mega millions and powerball

know the highest i seen was 70m but was very young then

NY State
                        United States
                        Member #92609
                        June 10, 2010
                        3709 Posts
                        Posted: August 6, 2015, 9:34 pm - IP Logged

Well Guy's it finally happened.  The 42 popped tonite in C4L.

And because it did, I had 3 three numbers with the Cashball!!

Do ya know how much $$$ that's good for?

$100 that's what!!!   G5

NY State
                          United States
                          Member #92609
                          June 10, 2010
                          3709 Posts
                          Posted: August 6, 2015, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

Well Guy's it finally happened.  The 42 popped tonite in C4L.

And because it did, I had 3 three numbers with the Cashball!!

Do ya know how much $$$ that's good for?

$100 that's what!!!   G5

And that aint all!!

I just checked the other 3 lines on my ticket........

I had two numbers on two other lines...each good for 4 dollars, so I won a total of $108......

Not too shabby, huh??? G5

NY
                            United States
                            Member #167035
                            June 22, 2015
                            1340 Posts
                            Posted: August 6, 2015, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

wow nice one Party

NY State
                              United States
                              Member #92609
                              June 10, 2010
                              3709 Posts
                              Posted: August 6, 2015, 10:17 pm - IP Logged

Here's my winner!!  I did a partial-QP for the first five numbers and picked each CashBall.

BTW.. See how crumpled up my ticket is?  That's because the clerk laid it on the counter, and when I picked it up I thought he had given me back the T5 ticket I had given him that had an FP on it.  So I crumpled it up and threw it in the garbage can outside the store.  I got in my car and looked for my C4L ticket, and I realized that wasn't my T5 ticket, it was my C4L ticket!!!  So I got out of the car, went over to that garbage can and fished that sucker outta there!!!  G5

Page 673 of 873