Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:25 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Take5 NY

13060 replies. Last post 22 minutes ago by sam9009.

Page 836 of 871
PrintE-mailLink
Queens
United States
Member #174829
May 15, 2016
990 Posts
Posted: August 1, 2016, 10:15 pm - IP Logged

12 17 31 33 38

5 12 15 24 30

6 17 29 31 39

7 11 17 31 33

Las Vegas, NV
    United States
    Member #44841
    August 9, 2006
    1749 Posts
    Posted: August 2, 2016, 3:10 pm - IP Logged

NY Take 5 results for 8/1/16

14-15-23-25-31

Congrats to any and all winners!

(Another "teen" start ... that's 2 back to back)

Las Vegas, NV
      United States
      Member #44841
      August 9, 2006
      1749 Posts
      Posted: August 2, 2016, 7:54 pm - IP Logged

Hey

Where are all my peeps?  I thought we were trying to bring this thread back to life ...  No responses to my whole pattern play idea (which I actually found in the Mathematics Forum)?  What's going on?

This is the link to the thread I'm referring to:

https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/234355/4605656

Disapprove

Mink404Ski's avatar - prismm zpspm2ze8wf.gif
        Watervliet, New York
        United States
        Member #1100
        February 2, 2003
        3186 Posts
        Posted: August 2, 2016, 10:09 pm - IP Logged

Hey Ms Feisty,

HI!!!  I saw your method looks interesting. If I had more time to crunch those numbas  if I had but I don't not til I retire then look out LOL  I am doing my normal $5 partial QP's with the 1 & 8 as Power NUmbas. I like what I see lots of repeats etc...  Let see if I/We get semi rich tonight.  Good Luck everyone.

MINK

"Bet with your head..... not over it!" 

Brooklyn, NY
          United States
          Member #78507
          August 16, 2009
          7104 Posts
          Posted: August 2, 2016, 10:52 pm - IP Logged

Free pick: 02 06 14 26 38

Good luck.

230-005961856-142429

Mink404Ski's avatar - prismm zpspm2ze8wf.gif
            Watervliet, New York
            United States
            Member #1100
            February 2, 2003
            3186 Posts
            Posted: August 2, 2016, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

NY Take 5 results for 8/2/16

02-10-17-20-38   nada

Congrats to all the winners!!!

MINK

"Bet with your head..... not over it!" 

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
              Kunming
              China
              Member #57910
              January 23, 2008
              3626 Posts
              Posted: August 3, 2016, 2:25 am - IP Logged

Hey

Where are all my peeps?  I thought we were trying to bring this thread back to life ...  No responses to my whole pattern play idea (which I actually found in the Mathematics Forum)?  What's going on?

Disapprove

@Feisty1

Basically this thread is dead. It's just a post your selections here thread. No meeting of the minds. That's why I was trying to jump start this thread. I guess old habits are hard to change. Kudos to you for trying to come up with a different approach. Good Luck!

Play to win!

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
                NY State
                United States
                Member #92609
                June 10, 2010
                3693 Posts
                Posted: August 3, 2016, 7:07 am - IP Logged

Somebody in Suffern NY is a savvy lottery player. 

If you take a look at The NY Lottery's website drawing results (below), you'll notice that last nite, there were two T5 jackpot winners sold at the same store in Suffern.

That's not too unusual, I've seen multiple JP winners sold at the same store before.  But what makes this a little different is the fact that before Sweet Million was retired, somebody in Suffern played the same line twice and won TWO million dollars with it.  (You might recall that SM was NOT peri-mutuel for the first five JP winners. If you had the correct six numbers, you'd win a million dollars, but if you played the same line twice with the correct six numbers, you'd win two million.) 

Pretty smart players in Suffern.  G5

August 2, 2016 Take Five Winning Numbers: 02-10-17-20-38 Take Five Drawing - 2 Top Prize Winner(s) of $34,841.00 top prize

Prize LevelNumbers MatchedPrize AmountNo.of Winners
                First5 of 5$34,841.002
                Winning Counties: ROCKLAND , ROCKLAND ,
                Retailer Locations:
                • M & M SUPER SHOPPE , 104 LAFAYETTE AVE , SUFFERN

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

Maryland
                  United States
                  Member #162434
                  January 2, 2015
                  887 Posts
                  Posted: August 3, 2016, 7:13 am - IP Logged

If you take a look at The NY Lottery's website drawing results (below), you'll notice that last nite, there were two T5 jackpot winners sold at the same store in Suffern.

That's not too unusual, I've seen multiple JP winners sold at the same store before.  But what makes this a little different is the fact that before Sweet Million was retired, somebody in Suffern played the same line twice and won TWO million dollars with it.  (You might recall that SM was NOT peri-mutuel for the first five JP winners. If you had the correct six numbers, you'd win a million dollars, but if you played the same line twice with the correct six numbers, you'd win two million.) 

August 2, 2016 Take Five Winning Numbers: 02-10-17-20-38 Take Five Drawing - 2 Top Prize Winner(s) of $34,841.00 top prize

First5 of 5$34,841.002
                  Retailer Locations:

That player is NOT 'Suffering' .... yuck.. yuck... yuck

NY State
                    United States
                    Member #92609
                    June 10, 2010
                    3693 Posts
                    Posted: August 3, 2016, 7:14 am - IP Logged

First5 of 5$34,841.002
                    Retailer Locations:

In the above case, wining with both lines didn't make any difference.  The player would have collected the entire JP playing just one line.

What makes it smart is when there is another player with the same JP winning line.  If that had been the case, then the player in Suffern would have collected two-thirds of the JP, while the other player would have collected one third.  If they both had played just one line each, then they'd have split the JP 50/50.  I'd take that extra 16% any day.... G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

Las Vegas, NV
                      United States
                      Member #44841
                      August 9, 2006
                      1749 Posts
                      Posted: August 3, 2016, 12:25 pm - IP Logged

@Feisty1

Basically this thread is dead. It's just a post your selections here thread. No meeting of the minds. That's why I was trying to jump start this thread. I guess old habits are hard to change. Kudos to you for trying to come up with a different approach. Good Luck!

@JP

It's not dead ... just stuck in a rut!  Maybe its time to come back now and let us put our heads together again!  Old habits ARE hard to break, so it stands to reason that the same would be the case here ... What we all need to understand is that MANY approaches can work to meet the same common goal.  No one way is the ONLY way ... and it shouldn't take FOREVER for a method to show if its worthy or not!  If something fails to show good results after a reasonable amount of time (we can all set some parameters) then we kick it to the curb and start over ...  No rules that are set in stone!

I say let's all get busy trying to come up with new and different things and check any EGOS at the door!

LET'S SMASH THIS THING!!!  Smash

mrsd446's avatar - bass fret.jpg
                        Brooklyn, NY
                        United States
                        Member #113973
                        July 20, 2011
                        13053 Posts
                        Posted: August 3, 2016, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

Hey

Disapprove

Hey Feisty!  I've been around lurking.  lol  I am up for learning different things.  I just haven't had that much time to do so since life keeps getting in the way.   But I just printed out the article in the thread you posted.  Will read that in a little bit. 

Let's see if we can get this T5 jackpot won here!!!!! 

pets: 169-417-446-623-634-824-626-807-3890-8118-1769

Las Vegas, NV
                          United States
                          Member #44841
                          August 9, 2006
                          1749 Posts
                          Posted: August 3, 2016, 3:37 pm - IP Logged

Hey Feisty!  I've been around lurking.  lol  I am up for learning different things.  I just haven't had that much time to do so since life keeps getting in the way.   But I just printed out the article in the thread you posted.  Will read that in a little bit. 

Let's see if we can get this T5 jackpot won here!!!!! 

Yes indeed MrsD!!!  We can do it ... we just need to put to good use the many strengths we have here in this thread ... Just like what goes on in the NY Dream Team threads! 

As for that article, what's great about it is it gets you to shift the mind away from specific digits and focus on patterns instead.  I've played patterns in the past but I had a tendency to still skew them around number biases that I developed from many years of playing a certain type of way.  That's a BAD habit that has been very hard to break!

But by maybe playing one or two trending patterns, using only the numbers in the L10 (last ten games) or L5 even, we may see some very good results without a whole lot of "over-thinking" numbers, charts and other stats!  And I'm all for that!  No more hours and hours of study, just for the numbers to not show up until days later ...

NY State
                            United States
                            Member #92609
                            June 10, 2010
                            3693 Posts
                            Posted: August 3, 2016, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

Yes indeed MrsD!!!  We can do it ... we just need to put to good use the many strengths we have here in this thread ... Just like what goes on in the NY Dream Team threads! 

As for that article, what's great about it is it gets you to shift the mind away from specific digits and focus on patterns instead.  I've played patterns in the past but I had a tendency to still skew them around number biases that I developed from many years of playing a certain type of way.  That's a BAD habit that has been very hard to break!

But by maybe playing one or two trending patterns, using only the numbers in the L10 (last ten games) or L5 even, we may see some very good results without a whole lot of "over-thinking" numbers, charts and other stats!  And I'm all for that!  No more hours and hours of study, just for the numbers to not show up until days later ...

If I had programming skills, I'd write a program that would search every drawing of Take5 to see what was the highest single digit number drawn in position 5, and how many times was it drawn in that position?

My guess is that it would be #9, but I've no idea of how many times it might have happened.

And after I had the answer to my question, I'd expand on my query.  I'd like to know how many times in the 7,059 T5 drawings that have been held, did any single digit number appear in position 5.  I would think it hasn't happened very many times.

The reason I'd want to know that kind of info is that it'd confirm what already suspect is true.  I mean, if I went into a store and asked for a T5 QP and I got a line that looked like this; 1 4 6 8 9, then I'd know I'm not looking at a JP winner.  Yes, it could be a JP winner, and maybe someday a line like that will win a JP.  But don't hold your breath. 

When I pick numbers for my lines, they don't end up looking like that.  I know better.  Maybe I'll take a class in writing code.  Yeah right!  G5   

Las Vegas, NV
                              United States
                              Member #44841
                              August 9, 2006
                              1749 Posts
                              Posted: August 3, 2016, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

If I had programming skills, I'd write a program that would search every drawing of Take5 to see what was the highest single digit number drawn in position 5, and how many times was it drawn in that position?

My guess is that it would be #9, but I've no idea of how many times it might have happened.

And after I had the answer to my question, I'd expand on my query.  I'd like to know how many times in the 7,059 T5 drawings that have been held, did any single digit number appear in position 5.  I would think it hasn't happened very many times.

The reason I'd want to know that kind of info is that it'd confirm what already suspect is true.  I mean, if I went into a store and asked for a T5 QP and I got a line that looked like this; 1 4 6 8 9, then I'd know I'm not looking at a JP winner.  Yes, it could be a JP winner, and maybe someday a line like that will win a JP.  But don't hold your breath. 

When I pick numbers for my lines, they don't end up looking like that.  I know better.  Maybe I'll take a class in writing code.  Yeah right!  G5   

Not only wouldn't you want a line like that, but even if it did win you'd probably be splitting the JP with 5,000 people! Yes Nod

Wasn't there a JP line not so long ago where the highest # was under 20 and something like 16 people won?  I bet those people individually was jumping up and down, giddy and restless all night until the next morning when they found out how many ways it had to be split ... Mad

I may be off on the exact numbers, but you get the idea!

Page 836 of 871