Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 3:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery tricks and secrets and scams...

Topic closed. 85 replies. Last post 5 years ago by lottoguru$-!624.

Page 2 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19830 Posts
Posted: February 28, 2012, 4:20 pm - IP Logged

Ok here is how it goes...partly from experience...partly from what i have read...

Let say we have a combination... 1-3-14-18-30 a five character expression.

This combination can be represented another way...by deltas...some of you may be familiar to the delta system if not...google it.

The delta equivalent is 1 - 10- 3 - 11 a four character expression...

now obviously  4<5.  this is important because computing takes time and doing 4 tasks is faster then doing 5 tasks

now when a computer creates your "Quick Pick" it does not pick numbers it picks deltas...(in order to save time)

thus if you ask the clerk, "give me ten powerball quickpicks...you will be given ten games with random numbers with no starting point...you could potentially get a ten dollar quick pick wheel with 50 different numbers.

BUT, if you study the charts as we all do...(some of us more than others) then you can pick a power number.

So for example you look at the charts and say to yourself...wow...number 3 has a brilliant chance of scoring...

you can now mark just one number in each game on your play slip...for example the #3...now when the computer creates your 10 delta quick picks, everygame should have the number 3 in it...the computer will choose the rest.

3 is the starting point in the delta matrix.

with one locked number your quick pick wheel will most likely NOT have as many as 50 numbers in it thus increasing your chances to win...because there is a point in wheeling where more numbers is worse than having less numbers...

and if your studious methods are fruitful, which they will be...you have already locked in one correct number...

F4T

CoolThumbs Up

How do you reconstruct the original combinations with your delta notation? 

The information I read would make the delta notation 1-2-11-4-12. You would reconstruct the original combination by starting out with 1, add 2 to get second number, add 11 to that result to get the third number and repeat until the original combination is reconstructed.

I once converted my Ohio Classic Lotto file to the delta format and the notations looked as varied as the original combinations.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7314 Posts
    Posted: February 28, 2012, 4:28 pm - IP Logged

The trick is to get the machine to read the ticket after you mark the QP box and the number 3, right?

What part of this is from experience? Haven't tried marking a number and QP in years (in Texas) but last time the clerk said invalid choice. Some states may allow it. Might try it tonight just to see what happens.

The rest makes no sense.

Generating deltas has no advantage. With the speeds of processors being what they are, you are talking saving a whole .01 millsecond, or maybe a microsecond. Of course, you lose that when the machine has to convert the delta back to real numbers.

BTW, have you made a post yet, where you didn't direct us off site to check out something you don't have the time or expect someone to check out and explain to you? I'm beginning to see why your first post was asking what happened to the spam thread.

Many states allow the players to check QP for either the five numbers, the bonus number, or both. If you like the bonus number "32", mark it on how many lines you choose and all the five number lines are QPs, all with the bonus number "32". There could be a state that allows players choose a couple of numbers and the others are QP, but I'd like to see the playslip.

Would that be considered a self-pick or a QP by the PB statisticians?

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7314 Posts
      Posted: February 28, 2012, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

How do you reconstruct the original combinations with your delta notation? 

The information I read would make the delta notation 1-2-11-4-12. You would reconstruct the original combination by starting out with 1, add 2 to get second number, add 11 to that result to get the third number and repeat until the original combination is reconstructed.

I once converted my Ohio Classic Lotto file to the delta format and the notations looked as varied as the original combinations.

If that was the delta chosen by the machine, all ten combos would have the same spread. If 1 was the key number, all ten tickets lines would be the same. If the machine was choosing random deltas, the results wouldn't be any different than any other RNG unless it's possible to just pick one number.

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
        Dallas, Texas
        United States
        Member #4549
        May 2, 2004
        1720 Posts
        Posted: February 28, 2012, 5:24 pm - IP Logged

Many states allow the players to check QP for either the five numbers, the bonus number, or both. If you like the bonus number "32", mark it on how many lines you choose and all the five number lines are QPs, all with the bonus number "32". There could be a state that allows players choose a couple of numbers and the others are QP, but I'd like to see the playslip.

Would that be considered a self-pick or a QP by the PB statisticians?

Thank you for trying to obfuscate the issue. Please review the playskip. The blocks are clearly marked and easy to read.

You can pick 1) five numbers and allow the computer to QP the bonus ball or 2) pick the bonus ball and allow the computer to QP the five numbers or 3) allow the computer to QP five numbers and the bonus ball.

You cannot pick one number in a box expecting the computer to fill in the rest. The terminal reads it as an invalid play. The purpose of the test was to see if it would read it. 

It didn't.

People with experience playing any game would understand why.

Remember a terminal is set up to read certain blocks and certain amounts of other blocks. If you don't choose enough numbers, it asks for more. If you choose too many it spits it back. This is true of any game. Try it.

Therefore where the OP says "choose one number in each block of the playslip," he is talking out the wrong end of the horse. It don't work.

I would have expected you, Stack, being the Internet FIBBER Detective to have pointed this out first.

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

Dallas, Texas
          United States
          Member #4549
          May 2, 2004
          1720 Posts
          Posted: February 28, 2012, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

If that was the delta chosen by the machine, all ten combos would have the same spread. If 1 was the key number, all ten tickets lines would be the same. If the machine was choosing random deltas, the results wouldn't be any different than any other RNG unless it's possible to just pick one number.

I agree unless the terminal was programmed to recalculate a new delta for each line,the combinations would be the same. And if the terminals were programmed to calculate a new delta, that brings us back to:There would be no time saving involved.

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: February 28, 2012, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

In Tennessee you can pick as many or as few numbers as you want and the computer will fill in the rest if you also mark it QP.

It will then mark how many were QP'ed at the end of each line on the ticket, for example QP (if all were QP'ed) or QP5, QP4, QP3, QP2, QP1.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Dallas, Texas
              United States
              Member #4549
              May 2, 2004
              1720 Posts
              Posted: February 28, 2012, 7:54 pm - IP Logged

Ridge, Tennesee is in the south where most people can't count to 5 without using their fingers. In some cases they need both hands.

We're talking ultra modern states when people are so advanced they forgot how to count because they have computers.

Ya know?

LOL.......just kidding. Be intereting to see how that works.

The big draw back from what I've read is people who don't put enough numbers in complain when the computer fills out the rest. You end up with somebody losing a jackpot by that single QP number and then complaining he was shafted by the computer.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: February 28, 2012, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

Ridge, Tennesee is in the south where most people can't count to 5 without using their fingers. In some cases they need both hands.

We're talking ultra modern states when people are so advanced they forgot how to count because they have computers.

Ya know?

LOL.......just kidding. Be intereting to see how that works.

The big draw back from what I've read is people who don't put enough numbers in complain when the computer fills out the rest. You end up with somebody losing a jackpot by that single QP number and then complaining he was shafted by the computer.

We lernt how to count just fine.

In fact, I lernt my own special way to count to eleven.

--Edmund Burke

LottoVantage's avatar - BRITIS 3.GIF
                  Southeastern Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #13850
                  April 16, 2005
                  783 Posts
                  Posted: February 28, 2012, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

You're suggesting you use your nose as the extra digit?

Dallas, Texas
                    United States
                    Member #4549
                    May 2, 2004
                    1720 Posts
                    Posted: February 28, 2012, 8:29 pm - IP Logged

Nope....nope....nope.......not asking about that! LMAO

Emailed Mega-millions asking for a definitive answer. But looking on the Tennesee site I noticed a difference in the playslips. Ours say, you can see it on the portion I scanned and posted, "Pick 5 or QP."

The Tennesee site says "Fill in the numbered box of the numbers you want to play, or mark the applicable Quick Pick (QP) box(es) on your playslip."

The way it reads, leaves me to wonder.

Will let you know what Mega-millions says. Wink

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: February 28, 2012, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

Nope....nope....nope.......not asking about that! LMAO

Emailed Mega-millions asking for a definitive answer. But looking on the Tennesee site I noticed a difference in the playslips. Ours say, you can see it on the portion I scanned and posted, "Pick 5 or QP."

The Tennesee site says "Fill in the numbered box of the numbers you want to play, or mark the applicable Quick Pick (QP) box(es) on your playslip."

The way it reads, leaves me to wonder.

Will let you know what Mega-millions says. Wink

Were you talking about MM exclusively?

Here's what the back of the TN PB playslip says:

"In any play area, if you want the computer to pick any or all of your numbers, just mark "Quick Pick (QP)" in that play area."

I know that's the case because I've done it a few times.

But the MM playslip doesn't say that same thing explicitly and I don't recall for sure if I ever did it on MM.

--Edmund Burke

Dallas, Texas
                        United States
                        Member #4549
                        May 2, 2004
                        1720 Posts
                        Posted: February 28, 2012, 8:50 pm - IP Logged

Were you talking about MM exclusively?

Here's what the back of the TN PB playslip says:

"In any play area, if you want the computer to pick any or all of your numbers, just mark "Quick Pick (QP)" in that play area."

I know that's the case because I've done it a few times.

But the MM playslip doesn't say that same thing explicitly and I don't recall for sure if I ever did it on MM.

There as no mention of specific games when the OP posted it. I used Mega-Millions  because it is being drawn tonight. Big Smile

Here's what I asked them:

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: February 28, 2012, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

You're suggesting you use your nose as the extra digit?

Well of course!   Big Grin

--Edmund Burke

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                            Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                            United States
                            Member #112968
                            June 29, 2011
                            3856 Posts
                            Posted: February 28, 2012, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

Well of course!   Big Grin

you could use the ears & eyes,

emm,got 2 feet what else got 2 ?

LOL.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

NASHVILLE, TENN
                              United States
                              Member #33372
                              February 20, 2006
                              1044 Posts
                              Posted: February 29, 2012, 1:05 am - IP Logged

Well, rdgrnr, over in West Tennesse which is from where I come from, we learnt how to count to twenty-one.  Of course that was just the boys, don't ya know.