Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery tricks and secrets and scams...

Topic closed. 85 replies. Last post 5 years ago by lottoguru$-!624.

Page 4 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
garyo1954's avatar - garyo
Dallas, Texas
United States
Member #4549
May 2, 2004
1659 Posts
Posted: February 29, 2012, 11:39 am - IP Logged

With Powerball, there are three different computer platforms with multiple versions of the software, so depending on the state lottery system you might be able to pick one number on a playslip box and have the rest QPd.

On the other hand, Mega-Millions says:

"YOU CANNOT USE THE QUICK PICK FEATURE TO CHOOSE FOUR OF THE FIVE NUMBERS.

IF YOU USE THE QUICK PICK FEATURE, IT WILL CHOOSE ALL FIVE NUMBERS."

Okay, "coarse, loud-mouthed, pseudo-intellectual," can we hear that apology now? Or are you hiding again?

Too busy alpha-ing and omega-ing maybe? Telling all your 'friends' what you learned on LP today?

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

New York's avatar - 103h4yr
    NYC
    United States
    Member #117984
    October 19, 2011
    1843 Posts
    Posted: February 29, 2012, 11:49 am - IP Logged

Bummer, I was hoping to play a PB slip today and fill in just the Power ball... let the computer do the rest and choose my 5 numbers as a quick pick. Guess that isn't possible. Maybe I would've won. 

Anyways... I don't want to sound like a lotto noob but what is "DELTA?" Someone please explain.

EDIT: I don't have LMG either.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
      Member #13130
      March 30, 2005
      2171 Posts
      Posted: February 29, 2012, 12:00 pm - IP Logged

Bummer, I was hoping to play a PB slip today and fill in just the Power ball... let the computer do the rest and choose my 5 numbers as a quick pick. Guess that isn't possible. Maybe I would've won. 

Anyways... I don't want to sound like a lotto noob but what is "DELTA?" Someone please explain.

EDIT: I don't have LMG either.

Sure. Deltas are the mathematical differences between the numbers

10-12-14-9 --> 6-16-28-42-51

6 + 10 = 16

16 + 12 = 28

28 + 14 = 42

42 + 9 = 51

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
      Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

NYC
        United States
        Member #117984
        October 19, 2011
        1843 Posts
        Posted: February 29, 2012, 12:03 pm - IP Logged

Sure. Deltas are the mathematical differences between the numbers

10-12-14-9 --> 6-16-28-42-51

6 + 10 = 16

16 + 12 = 28

28 + 14 = 42

42 + 9 = 51

Thanks time*treat.

Question: How do I know what deltas to work with? Or do I look for past results and apply deltas? 

How many deltas are there?

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
          Dallas, Texas
          United States
          Member #4549
          May 2, 2004
          1659 Posts
          Posted: February 29, 2012, 12:11 pm - IP Logged

New York,

It should work. The playslip options show you can pick the bonus ball and mark the number selection as QP.

The sticking point is where you try to pick one number in the five number selection area and have the computer fill in the other four.

MUSL says some states have that option depending on the computer platform and which of the three software packages used. Every state with Powerball should have that option.

Mega-Millions says that is not an option.

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

NYC
            United States
            Member #117984
            October 19, 2011
            1843 Posts
            Posted: February 29, 2012, 12:32 pm - IP Logged

New York,

It should work. The playslip options show you can pick the bonus ball and mark the number selection as QP.

The sticking point is where you try to pick one number in the five number selection area and have the computer fill in the other four.

MUSL says some states have that option depending on the computer platform and which of the three software packages used. Every state with Powerball should have that option.

Mega-Millions says that is not an option.

Oh, I see.. Thanks Gary. 

So hopefully, the PB slips in NY are formatted this way, should be. 

That's the only hard part... what number to pick. What?

I'm guessing the number 12 since that number look like a hot number. Let's see what happens today. Thanks for the info everyone!

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
              The Ville, FL
              United States
              Member #95879
              August 19, 2010
              1708 Posts
              Posted: February 29, 2012, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

In Tennessee you can pick as many or as few numbers as you want and the computer will fill in the rest if you also mark it QP.

It will then mark how many were QP'ed at the end of each line on the ticket, for example QP (if all were QP'ed) or QP5, QP4, QP3, QP2, QP1.

Ridgey - works the same here in FL on all of the online games available (PowerBall, Lotto, Mega $, Cash 3, Pick 4 etc etc)...

only game it does NOT work for is "Lucky Lines", which makes you either pick all 7 #'s or QP all 7#s..

I actually like the ability to do this. I usually play Fantasy 5 using 3 of my own #s and then let the machine pick the remaining 2. That way if my 3 #s come up I have several lines with a decent chance

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                TX
                United States
                Member #121193
                January 4, 2012
                1637 Posts
                Posted: February 29, 2012, 12:40 pm - IP Logged

Ridgey - works the same here in FL on all of the online games available (PowerBall, Lotto, Mega $, Cash 3, Pick 4 etc etc)...

only game it does NOT work for is "Lucky Lines", which makes you either pick all 7 #'s or QP all 7#s..

I actually like the ability to do this. I usually play Fantasy 5 using 3 of my own #s and then let the machine pick the remaining 2. That way if my 3 #s come up I have several lines with a decent chance

Wasn't aware of that B$R....will have to give it a shot tonight on F5 and see how it does...thanks

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

Tarzan's avatar - behold
                  free2_be virgo
                  South Carolina
                  United States
                  Member #3458
                  January 22, 2004
                  1165 Posts
                  Posted: February 29, 2012, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

It doesn't work in SC on Mega Millions.You either pick numbers or computer picks.You can QP the Mega Ball.

" No matter what you make,all that you can take is what you give away"

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19816 Posts
                    Posted: February 29, 2012, 12:49 pm - IP Logged

Ohio's PB and MM play slips have two auto pick boxes, Pick5 and Pick1 so players know the amount of numbers being picked automatically.  Before PB came to Ohio, I played in Indiana and they had a QP method that would fill in an incomplete play slip.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19816 Posts
                      Posted: February 29, 2012, 12:56 pm - IP Logged

Thanks time*treat.

Question: How do I know what deltas to work with? Or do I look for past results and apply deltas? 

There is commercial lottery software that use the delta system.  In fact it may have been the one to coin the name in advertisements for its software.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                        Member #13130
                        March 30, 2005
                        2171 Posts
                        Posted: February 29, 2012, 1:00 pm - IP Logged

Thanks time*treat.

"Question: How do I know what deltas to work with?"

Well, if I knew the answer to that ... HyperHyper

"Or do I look for past results and apply deltas?"

Not a bad place to start. Wink

"How many deltas are there?"

This will vary by game and some deltas map to (a lot) more combinations than others. In this "feature", the delta method works a lot like the geometric mean system.

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

United States
                          Member #123780
                          February 29, 2012
                          22 Posts
                          Posted: February 29, 2012, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

curious when you say at works on all of the online games, are you saying you can purchase powerball online in FL?

if so is the cost still $2?

i have only seen it one place where you can purchase a ticket online for the nylottery game LOTTO...

it costs 1.50 per game or so.

with the patel down the blok, it only costs .50 cents. per game.

(dont quote me on the prices all i DO know is that it costs more online...i am curious to buy a ticket just to see how it works!)

Idea

United States
                            Member #13130
                            March 30, 2005
                            2171 Posts
                            Posted: February 29, 2012, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

curious when you say at works on all of the online games, are you saying you can purchase powerball online in FL?

if so is the cost still $2?

i have only seen it one place where you can purchase a ticket online for the nylottery game LOTTO...

it costs 1.50 per game or so.

with the patel down the blok, it only costs .50 cents. per game.

(dont quote me on the prices all i DO know is that it costs more online...i am curious to buy a ticket just to see how it works!)

Idea

"Online" games are those where the clerk enters your selections/playslips through a terminal.

"Offline" games are scratchers, etc.

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                              Economy class
                              Belgium
                              Member #123700
                              February 27, 2012
                              4035 Posts
                              Posted: February 29, 2012, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

Where do you guys want to get, if you can't program anything? Bang Head