Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 4:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery tricks and secrets and scams...

Topic closed. 85 replies. Last post 5 years ago by lottoguru$-!624.

Page 3 of 6
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #123780
February 29, 2012
22 Posts
Posted: February 29, 2012, 2:09 am - IP Logged

In Tennessee you can pick as many or as few numbers as you want and the computer will fill in the rest if you also mark it QP.

It will then mark how many were QP'ed at the end of each line on the ticket, for example QP (if all were QP'ed) or QP5, QP4, QP3, QP2, QP1.

fascinating...in new york you can select 1 to 4 numbers and press QP for MM, but there is no specification...of QP5 vs QP1...

it would be interesting to find out why a nationwide game is not standardized across the boards. this could potentially give unfair advantage to some state as opposed to others...

why should texas have a promotion...buy one get three free and not new york...and why should some states have restrictions on the playslips...

i dont know if the quick pick trick can be can be done in powerball as powerball is a new game to the state of ny...but i will try it the next draw.

How intriguing...

lotsofwins's avatar - half planet.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #114703
    August 5, 2011
    4623 Posts
    Posted: February 29, 2012, 2:46 am - IP Logged

Gary, I haven't tried it, but am also in Texas,  I know it won't let you only pick the number 3 for the top five numbers in qp, however I'm curious if it would be possible to have quick pick on top, but only the number 3 instead of quick picking for the mega ball?? not what i think the poster was getting at,  but is the only way i can think of that the number 3 would be in the matrix, if it works:-)

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
      Member #13130
      March 30, 2005
      2171 Posts
      Posted: February 29, 2012, 4:05 am - IP Logged

fascinating...in new york you can select 1 to 4 numbers and press QP for MM, but there is no specification...of QP5 vs QP1...

it would be interesting to find out why a nationwide game is not standardized across the boards. this could potentially give unfair advantage to some state as opposed to others...

why should texas have a promotion...buy one get three free and not new york...and why should some states have restrictions on the playslips...

i dont know if the quick pick trick can be can be done in powerball as powerball is a new game to the state of ny...but i will try it the next draw.

How intriguing...

Nothing "unfair" about it as long as you can choose from the same numbers as everyone else. No Pity!

In my state, the machine can also pick some or all of the numbers.

Another thing, if a board is marked "void" but has valid boards behind it on the slip, they are shifted by one letter.

playslip:
      A: (self pick)
      B: (qp)
      C: (void)
      D: (1 power number)
      E: (2 power numbers)

ticket:
      A: (6 SP) [blank]
      B: (6 QP) QP6
      C: (1 SP + 5 QP) QP5
      D: (2 SP + 4 QP) QP4

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
      Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

United States
        Member #123427
        February 20, 2012
        89 Posts
        Posted: February 29, 2012, 4:20 am - IP Logged

well i dont reconstruct... i am not a programmer so i dont know exactly how it works, it is just something i read...i dont even remember where but it makes sense to me on some level...me personally when i wheel in excel i use the deltas to see if i am in range of my spreads...

but the way i see it is not so much 1 plus 2 to get to 3 but

how many space are between 1 and 3...so any delta of 1 represents a couple such as 10 12 or 31 33

on my spreadsheet i indicate two numbers as follows...  =(P8-O8)-1

a delta of zero is a neighboring pair...if i can quantify the the turnout of delta zeros over a period of time then i can judge dueness.

most games have a delta of 1 or 0, if i dont have one of these parameters represented on my playslip then i already have a greater chance of losing...

its like not playing a repeat in your game. you always have to include a repeat. if it doesnt happen then your wheel should be constructed such as to minimize losses.

the delta of 5-6 is zero...if i dont have a delta zero in my wheel parameters then i have a smaller chance of winning. (based on trends of course)

when you constructed your delta format, was there any particular notation that appeared more than others?

a delta of 1 10 5 3, can easily be represented as 5 3 10 1,

btw the quick pick scenario i stated worked in new york...

strange i played 9 17 as key in two games... and both games quickpicked up a 20

not a terrible result i played 10 dollars and got the powerball right alone two times... and 1+1 one time...so thats 7 dollars.

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
          Economy class
          Belgium
          Member #123700
          February 27, 2012
          4035 Posts
          Posted: February 29, 2012, 6:27 am - IP Logged

You are behind in the USA.

I live in Belgium and for a year now, I can play online all lottery games up to Euromillions, which is international.
          Our lottery offers for Lotto and Euromillions full systems. We just make more crosses on the special form.

We also have a ten number wheel for a fixed price. We mark ten crosses!

We also get a key wheel form. We mark for example 2 crosses above for the keynumbers,
          and for example 10 numbers below for the wheel numbers in all combinations possible.

We have quickpicks that are totally random.

We have a kind of quickpick which is called full lotto. We get for that all numbers appearing in our quick picks. I personally like this one.
          If you pay it twice, the numbers are even more mixed, every number appears twice on your tickets.

Even with Euromillions you can use full system forms. If you like it, you can pick all stars (bonus numbers) and combine with many more than 5 numbers.

We get all drawing results from all games, also Euromillions in csv files, Excel like, with correct presentation.

We get the payouts of the lottery games in csv files.

I can contact the lottery by facebook or by mail. I can assist to a drawing if I follow the procedure.

On the top, our local winnings are taxfree, I believe that Euromillions is taxed, as it is drawn in France.
          I studied taxes partly a few years ago, so if it changed, I didn't hear about it.

YOU GUYS BETTER START COMPLAINING WITH THE LOTTERIES IN THE USA! Hit With Stick

United States
            Member #123427
            February 20, 2012
            89 Posts
            Posted: February 29, 2012, 6:29 am - IP Logged

Nothing "unfair" about it as long as you can choose from the same numbers as everyone else. No Pity!

In my state, the machine can also pick some or all of the numbers.

Another thing, if a board is marked "void" but has valid boards behind it on the slip, they are shifted by one letter.

playslip:
            A: (self pick)
            B: (qp)
            C: (void)
            D: (1 power number)
            E: (2 power numbers)

ticket:
            A: (6 SP) [blank]
            B: (6 QP) QP6
            C: (1 SP + 5 QP) QP5
            D: (2 SP + 4 QP) QP4

now that i have mentioned 1 trick...although its not really a trick...i dont trick the machine into anything...lets talk about something unfair....

new york often often has powerball promotions to try and entice people to buy MORE powerball tickets.  Now the promotion in my opion is a SCAM!!!!!!!  Yes I said it...

(thinking) (thinking), 

Thinking of...should i say it?  I dont want to try and enlighten people only for them to try and get me

BUSTED!!!!SadNo NodFrownCrying

United States
              Member #123427
              February 20, 2012
              89 Posts
              Posted: February 29, 2012, 8:12 am - IP Logged

Many states allow the players to check QP for either the five numbers, the bonus number, or both. If you like the bonus number "32", mark it on how many lines you choose and all the five number lines are QPs, all with the bonus number "32". There could be a state that allows players choose a couple of numbers and the others are QP, but I'd like to see the playslip.

Would that be considered a self-pick or a QP by the PB statisticians?

thats a very good question...many times jackpots are noted on the website as QP...but how do you really know if it was a true quick pick or a partial quick pick...

if the distinction is made in tennesse for QP1, QP2 etc...then it should be standardized across all states.  Otherwise it has the potential to be misleading...many people are not even aware they can mark one number and press QP.

I personally dislike Quik Picks since i have the gremlin software  (old software) provided by the master.

to win lotto everything has to be precise!! for gods sake man....this is lotto...not horeshoes!!

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                Member #13130
                March 30, 2005
                2171 Posts
                Posted: February 29, 2012, 9:29 am - IP Logged

well i dont reconstruct... i am not a programmer so i dont know exactly how it works, it is just something i read...i dont even remember where but it makes sense to me on some level...me personally when i wheel in excel i use the deltas to see if i am in range of my spreads...

but the way i see it is not so much 1 plus 2 to get to 3 but

how many space are between 1 and 3...so any delta of 1 represents a couple such as 10 12 or 31 33

on my spreadsheet i indicate two numbers as follows...  =(P8-O8)-1

a delta of zero is a neighboring pair...if i can quantify the the turnout of delta zeros over a period of time then i can judge dueness.

most games have a delta of 1 or 0, if i dont have one of these parameters represented on my playslip then i already have a greater chance of losing...

its like not playing a repeat in your game. you always have to include a repeat. if it doesnt happen then your wheel should be constructed such as to minimize losses.

the delta of 5-6 is zero...if i dont have a delta zero in my wheel parameters then i have a smaller chance of winning. (based on trends of course)

when you constructed your delta format, was there any particular notation that appeared more than others?

a delta of 1 10 5 3, can easily be represented as 5 3 10 1,

btw the quick pick scenario i stated worked in new york...

strange i played 9 17 as key in two games... and both games quickpicked up a 20

not a terrible result i played 10 dollars and got the powerball right alone two times... and 1+1 one time...so thats 7 dollars.

"doing 4 tasks is faster then doing 5 tasks"

"it makes sense to me on some level"

At first glance, it looks like you are guessing 4 numbers instead of 5.

Let's take it to the next level... Evil Looking

winning numbers: 6-15-29-39-51 (MM, from 2/28)
                delta numbers: 9-14-10-12

But in order to get the winners, you have to not only guess the correct deltas, you ALSO have to guess the correct locked digit*: 7-16-30-40-52 has the exact same delta values as your winner, but having the wrong locked digit sends your prize to $0.

If you get the locked digit correct, but the delta ORDER wrong: 10-12-14-9 --> 6-16-28-42-51

Adding it all up, you need the locked playing digit, plus the 4 delta values, in order. You're back to guessing five numbers, plus the added complication of needing to get four of them in a particular order.

Not saying delta can't/shouldn't be considered, but it certainly isn't easier or less work.

*The locked digit doesn't have to be the very first number, it can be in any of the positions. Just easier to demonstrate this way.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7340 Posts
                  Posted: February 29, 2012, 10:04 am - IP Logged

Thank you for trying to obfuscate the issue. Please review the playskip. The blocks are clearly marked and easy to read.

You can pick 1) five numbers and allow the computer to QP the bonus ball or 2) pick the bonus ball and allow the computer to QP the five numbers or 3) allow the computer to QP five numbers and the bonus ball.

You cannot pick one number in a box expecting the computer to fill in the rest. The terminal reads it as an invalid play. The purpose of the test was to see if it would read it. 

It didn't.

People with experience playing any game would understand why.

Remember a terminal is set up to read certain blocks and certain amounts of other blocks. If you don't choose enough numbers, it asks for more. If you choose too many it spits it back. This is true of any game. Try it.

Therefore where the OP says "choose one number in each block of the playslip," he is talking out the wrong end of the horse. It don't work.

I would have expected you, Stack, being the Internet FIBBER Detective to have pointed this out first.

"Remember a terminal is set up to read certain blocks and certain amounts of other blocks. If you don't choose enough numbers, it asks for more. If you choose too many it spits it back. This is true of any game. Try it."

That's true on any playslip I filled out, but I haven't played in every state lottery so I won't say that it's impossible in any state lottery. I looked at it logically too; it doesn't make any sense creating a system using one self picked number with terminal generated QPs if you couldn't play it.

On the TN lottery site it says "Quick Pick is available (Full and/or Partial)".

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                    Dallas, Texas
                    United States
                    Member #4549
                    May 2, 2004
                    1823 Posts
                    Posted: February 29, 2012, 10:11 am - IP Logged

Okay guys,

Can you pick one digit on a playslip and have the computer pick the rest?

The definitive answer from MUSL says:

Short answer: It depends on the state. So you might be able to do it.

Now who has my $2 I lost testing this in Texas? Ridge?

You don't seriously expect me to write this off as a business expense do you?

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                      Zeta Reticuli Star System
                      United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10388 Posts
                      Posted: February 29, 2012, 10:44 am - IP Logged

Someone here on LP once posted that in Georgia you can 'mix and match' your numbers and QPs on one line, but I'm not sure if that applies to PB ansd MM too.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                        Member #123427
                        February 20, 2012
                        89 Posts
                        Posted: February 29, 2012, 10:48 am - IP Logged

if you had been paying attention and listening...and not sittiing there with two feet in your mouth...you could have used the best megaball that i had suggested...36 and done a quick pick with the other half of the numbers and you would have doubled your money...

dont you know breaking even in the lottery is winning?  Have you read the LMG? what business are you really into?

einstein was not wrong it is you who are wrong..and as a member since 2006 with a prize ratio of zero....you arre also poor.

from what you have exposed of yourself you are a loud,obnoxious, inconsiderate, coarse, pseudointellectual person...who doesn't have the decency to apologize and admit when they are wrong.

i say this this as lovingly as i can.  Since you have been on LP since 2004 with a gambling prize ratio of zero.

is that what your name means?  GARY ZERO??  as a member in lottery post why would you go out of your way to make a new member such as myself feel VERY UNCOMFORTABLE, especially when i speak the truth.

what is your agenda?  this is a community, a family, we dont abuse one another. And we dont abuse newcomers...

You are the spam. 

I am the Α and the Ω

Good luck.  Love long and Prosper.

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                          Dallas, Texas
                          United States
                          Member #4549
                          May 2, 2004
                          1823 Posts
                          Posted: February 29, 2012, 11:14 am - IP Logged

Dear internet touch guy - LMAO

I noticed you didn't stick around when the hard questions were asked.

Which tells me you didn't know the answer and didn't want to know.

Now before you start going all Rambo, I have the response from Mega-millions.

(Hint: It's not the answer you want to hear.)

Might want to start your own apology post now.

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

United States
                            Member #123780
                            February 29, 2012
                            22 Posts
                            Posted: February 29, 2012, 11:16 am - IP Logged

"doing 4 tasks is faster then doing 5 tasks"

"it makes sense to me on some level"

At first glance, it looks like you are guessing 4 numbers instead of 5.

Let's take it to the next level... Evil Looking

winning numbers: 6-15-29-39-51 (MM, from 2/28)
                            delta numbers: 9-14-10-12

But in order to get the winners, you have to not only guess the correct deltas, you ALSO have to guess the correct locked digit*: 7-16-30-40-52 has the exact same delta values as your winner, but having the wrong locked digit sends your prize to $0.

If you get the locked digit correct, but the delta ORDER wrong: 10-12-14-9 --> 6-16-28-42-51

Adding it all up, you need the locked playing digit, plus the 4 delta values, in order. You're back to guessing five numbers, plus the added complication of needing to get four of them in a particular order.

Not saying delta can't/shouldn't be considered, but it certainly isn't easier or less work.

*The locked digit doesn't have to be the very first number, it can be in any of the positions. Just easier to demonstrate this way.

those are very good combinations...

6 16 28 42 51, i will be playing those...sorry you will have to share the jackpot with me.

naturally the deltas will be larger in MM and PB because the numbers are all spread out...

the time saving ability of deltas, is meaning less, if you consider the time limitations of the printing of the tickets.

A million tickets of quick picks printed would take a very long time...so long that its not even physically possible.  You would go to the store with a guarenteed wheel. to find that you couldn't get all the bets in on time.

Now if i wanted to buy a million dollars worth online...then the ideas of using four tasks versus five tasks again makes sense.

When i use my VBA excel program to make random quickpicks...it takes many hours...so time is of the essence or else you will miss the flag and then you have to start all over again.

Stooges

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                              Zeta Reticuli Star System
                              United States
                              Member #30470
                              January 17, 2006
                              10388 Posts
                              Posted: February 29, 2012, 11:35 am - IP Logged

guru1624,

"I am the Α and the Ω"

No, you're not.

"you could have used the best megaball that i had suggested...36 "

What you are is another tout, apparently a meagalomaniac one to boot.

"from what you have exposed of yourself you are a loud,obnoxious, inconsiderate, coarse, pseudointellectual person..."

How ironic.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.