Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 12:58 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

NY Sweet Millions

Topic closed. 1125 replies. Last post 2 years ago by GiveFive.

Page 71 of 76
PrintE-mailLink
mrsd446's avatar - bass fret.jpg
Brooklyn, NY
United States
Member #113973
July 20, 2011
13055 Posts
Posted: May 29, 2014, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

1 9 25 26 34 37

El STINKO!   Best I could do is a two bagger and only had one of those.  That nine double repeated.

lol  you did better than I did tonight.  I had the 34 only.  LOL    Remind me to stick with my first choices.  IF I did, I would have had a whopping $15 .......  LOL   ugh!!!!! 

Back to the drawing board for Monday.......

pets: 169-417-446-623-634-824-626-807-3890-8118-1769

United States
    Member #124493
    March 14, 2012
    7023 Posts
    Posted: May 29, 2014, 11:18 pm - IP Logged

1 9 25 26 34 37

El STINKO!   Best I could do is a two bagger and only had one of those.  That nine double repeated.

El stinko is right!! Somebody better light a candle quick!

All I had was the 9 and 26.

I wonder if the nine horse will go for the trifecta on Monday?

United States
      Member #94616
      July 24, 2010
      4735 Posts
      Posted: May 30, 2014, 5:56 am - IP Logged

Urb Kress!! There is a name I have not seen in YEARS!! I miss reading his stuff. 

I too am looking at 30's tonight as they have been missing the last couple of plays.  And because the game is ending I am adding one extra line- picking 37 and QP the rest!! LOL

Ok, had the 37 on 3 lines and hit for NOTHING on those lines.... had one other line of my NORMAL numbers and hit the 1-9-25 and ALMOST got my $5 investment back.... and they wonder why no one is playing this game?  One of the 3 lines SHOULD have hit for $3 or more...........

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
        NY State
        United States
        Member #92609
        June 10, 2010
        3709 Posts
        Posted: May 30, 2014, 6:28 am - IP Logged

El stinko is right!! Somebody better light a candle quick!

All I had was the 9 and 26.

I wonder if the nine horse will go for the trifecta on Monday?

I too was thinking the 9 might triple repeat next Monday.  That only happens once or twice per year, it hasnt happened yet this year, and there's 9 drawings to go. 

I'm gonna play it on Monday.

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

NY State
          United States
          Member #92609
          June 10, 2010
          3709 Posts
          Posted: May 30, 2014, 6:48 am - IP Logged

Ok, had the 37 on 3 lines and hit for NOTHING on those lines.... had one other line of my NORMAL numbers and hit the 1-9-25 and ALMOST got my $5 investment back.... and they wonder why no one is playing this game?  One of the 3 lines SHOULD have hit for $3 or more...........

I read somewhere that SM "under-performed"....

So why did it under-perform?  Because The NY Lottery BLEW IT when they started the game.  It isn't the players fault SM under-performed.

Here's how they blew it: 

For one dollar, if I have five numbers in SM (18,815 to 1 odds) I'd win 500 bucks.

For the same dollar, I can win that same 500 bucks with a one dollar straight play in Numbers which carries 1,000 to 1 odds.

It's 18.815 times harder to win 500 bucks in SM than it is playing Numbers. Had they not gotten greedy with SM they might have made some money with it.  Did they even consider the fact that the lottery playing public isn't stupid?  The game was doomed before it began.

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

United States
            Member #171
            April 7, 2002
            181 Posts
            Posted: May 30, 2014, 11:18 am - IP Logged

Give Five:

It was ironic reading about you not bailing out on Sweet Million, because I am almost all out, I only played one ticket yesterday, instead of my usual five tickets, the same series of numbers I have been playing since SM started, and look at the results;

My numbers:  1,5,22,23,25,38

SweetMillion:  1,9,25,26,34,37

To add insult to injury, I took the money I would usually play on Sweet Million and played the NYPick4 yesterday and look at the results:

My number:  7099  straight and box  (Midday)

NYPICK4       5909

My number:  1954 straight and box  (Evening)

NYPICK4       5934

Do I have bad luck or what???  I would rather lose being way off the number, instead of missing the number by one digit, I am sooo disappointed.  I must be on to something getting so close, the double nines started to come out the last 10 days or so, that's why I jumped on them, the double 7's were coming out in the beginning of May, but they cooled off.  The 07 has been hit more than any pair lately, so that's why I put 7099 together, and it almost worked.

Regarding your post, I play the 35 PB numbers when it gets close to $500,000, and get the rest with QP's, sharing it with three people.  When I look in the paper at the PB winners without the Power Play, who only won one million instead of two million, I always wonder if they realize how they screwed themselves out of another million. I don't even remember the last time I saw a second prize PB winner with the PP. Winning one million doesn't make you a millionaire after taxes, especially in this state!

NY State
              United States
              Member #92609
              June 10, 2010
              3709 Posts
              Posted: May 30, 2014, 4:25 pm - IP Logged

Give Five:

It was ironic reading about you not bailing out on Sweet Million, because I am almost all out, I only played one ticket yesterday, instead of my usual five tickets, the same series of numbers I have been playing since SM started, and look at the results;

My numbers:  1,5,22,23,25,38

SweetMillion:  1,9,25,26,34,37

To add insult to injury, I took the money I would usually play on Sweet Million and played the NYPick4 yesterday and look at the results:

My number:  7099  straight and box  (Midday)

NYPICK4       5909

My number:  1954 straight and box  (Evening)

NYPICK4       5934

Do I have bad luck or what???  I would rather lose being way off the number, instead of missing the number by one digit, I am sooo disappointed.  I must be on to something getting so close, the double nines started to come out the last 10 days or so, that's why I jumped on them, the double 7's were coming out in the beginning of May, but they cooled off.  The 07 has been hit more than any pair lately, so that's why I put 7099 together, and it almost worked.

Regarding your post, I play the 35 PB numbers when it gets close to $500,000, and get the rest with QP's, sharing it with three people.  When I look in the paper at the PB winners without the Power Play, who only won one million instead of two million, I always wonder if they realize how they screwed themselves out of another million. I don't even remember the last time I saw a second prize PB winner with the PP. Winning one million doesn't make you a millionaire after taxes, especially in this state!

For a while a few months ago, I created  my own "powerplay" playing Sweet Million.

I played the same set of six numbers on my ticket twice.  (I had two identical lines on the ticket) I did that because SM isn't parimutuel unless there are more than 5 winners of the 1 million dollar top prize.  (Which never happened since SM started in 2009)

The nice part about doing that is that the odds are 3.8 million to one to win two million playing two identical lines, and it cost me just 2 bucks. To play PB with the PowerPlay costs 3 bucks, and the odds to win two million are 5.1 million to one.  So it was cheaper than PowerBall to play two identical lines on one SM ticket and it had better odds than PowerBall to win that same two million dollars.

I got the idea last year when somebody in Suffern won 2 million playing Sweet Million.  They bought a ticket in two different stores on Main Street in Suffern. The stores are located a block apart.  I never found out if they accidentally used the same bet slip twice, or if they did it deliberately.  They could have gone into the first store, bought the line, and then went into the other store and either deliberately or accidentally used the same bet slip they used in the first store. But since they played the same line twice, and matched all six numbers, they won two million. That was the one and only time I ever saw a multiple jackpot winner in SM.

United States
                Member #124493
                March 14, 2012
                7023 Posts
                Posted: May 30, 2014, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

I read somewhere that SM "under-performed"....

So why did it under-perform?  Because The NY Lottery BLEW IT when they started the game.  It isn't the players fault SM under-performed.

Here's how they blew it: 

For one dollar, if I have five numbers in SM (18,815 to 1 odds) I'd win 500 bucks.

For the same dollar, I can win that same 500 bucks with a one dollar straight play in Numbers which carries 1,000 to 1 odds.

It's 18.815 times harder to win 500 bucks in SM than it is playing Numbers. Had they not gotten greedy with SM they might have made some money with it.  Did they even consider the fact that the lottery playing public isn't stupid?  The game was doomed before it began.

Why are you shouting?

However you do pose a very cogent point.

With the demise of the sweet million, I will not put two bucks on the "new game"  I don't put two bucks on PB.

I will probably go to pick 4.  I already won $50 bucks.  (wishful thinking)

That's $5000 bucks for 10,000 to 1 odds.

I even have some new charts in excel that I am building.

I hate to retire my SM charts, before they pan out.Sad

And they are not even going to let me see 21 get on fire!!Mad

They would have been wiser also to max out at say three JP winners, (which i don't think has happened yet) and pay the lower tier prize more.

What can you do?  I guess that is what happens, when the lottery commission tries to be both  generous and greedy in the same swipe of the hand.

NY State
                  United States
                  Member #92609
                  June 10, 2010
                  3709 Posts
                  Posted: May 30, 2014, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

Why are you shouting?

However you do pose a very cogent point.

With the demise of the sweet million, I will not put two bucks on the "new game"  I don't put two bucks on PB.

I will probably go to pick 4.  I already won $50 bucks.  (wishful thinking)

That's $5000 bucks for 10,000 to 1 odds.

I even have some new charts in excel that I am building.

I hate to retire my SM charts, before they pan out.Sad

And they are not even going to let me see 21 get on fire!!Mad

They would have been wiser also to max out at say three JP winners, (which i don't think has happened yet) and pay the lower tier prize more.

What can you do?  I guess that is what happens, when the lottery commission tries to be both  generous and greedy in the same swipe of the hand.

Well, LB sorry for shouting, but I'm annoyed SM is going away.

It's not entirely The NY Lottery's fault that the game went nowhere. IMHO, lottery players share some of the blame too.  Show me where you can find lower odds to win one million dollars for the price of 1 dollar.  You cant do that because there isn't any game anywhere that matched SM's low odds. (I know that because i went on many states lottery websites and i did not see a game like Sweet Million anywhere.)   But players in New York didn't play the game "because nobody wins the jackpot" and "the lower tier prizes are a joke". (That's true, they are a joke)  Players were completely blind to the fact that the odds were fabulous (in terms of lottery odds) that couldn't be matched anywhere.

The new game will cost 2 bucks per line, carries 21 million to 1 odds to win a jackpot of $365,000 per year before taxes.  That's a better game/deal than Sweet Million????  I think not.  The closest thing to SM to win a million is Connecticut's SuperDraw with it's 275,000 to 1 odds.  But that's 10 bucks a pop and they only do it twice per year.

United States
                    Member #140884
                    March 29, 2013
                    45 Posts
                    Posted: May 30, 2014, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

I did feel that SM had the best odds for winning 1 million and that is way enough for me. I never won much but I probably played in a really dumb way anyway. Every Monday and Thursday I buy 5 separate SM tickets with the same six numbers and 1 QP.  The reason I did this is because I have four siblings and I always figured that if my numbers hit, I had a very good chance of winning 5 million, then I would simply keep one ticket for myself and give the other four to each of my siblings. The 1 QP was just an insurance ticket for 1 million.  Of course there could have been someone somewhere playing the same six numbers that I was but I didn't think that too likely.  At any rate I thought it was a good way to share even steven among my family.  I will be playing the new game.  Don't know if I will play my own numbers or always do a quick pick.  I think I might always do a quick pick because when you play the same numbers over and over you become reluctant to stop playing them in the event that the day you stop playing them, that's when they come out!  I'm probably a pretty bad lottery player.

NY State
                      United States
                      Member #92609
                      June 10, 2010
                      3709 Posts
                      Posted: May 30, 2014, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

I did feel that SM had the best odds for winning 1 million and that is way enough for me. I never won much but I probably played in a really dumb way anyway. Every Monday and Thursday I buy 5 separate SM tickets with the same six numbers and 1 QP.  The reason I did this is because I have four siblings and I always figured that if my numbers hit, I had a very good chance of winning 5 million, then I would simply keep one ticket for myself and give the other four to each of my siblings. The 1 QP was just an insurance ticket for 1 million.  Of course there could have been someone somewhere playing the same six numbers that I was but I didn't think that too likely.  At any rate I thought it was a good way to share even steven among my family.  I will be playing the new game.  Don't know if I will play my own numbers or always do a quick pick.  I think I might always do a quick pick because when you play the same numbers over and over you become reluctant to stop playing them in the event that the day you stop playing them, that's when they come out!  I'm probably a pretty bad lottery player.

You're a good brother Wally.  Way better than my two brothers!!  They don't think like you at all!

You're right about playing the same numbers over and over too.  That's dangerous!

As far as playing "dumb" goes, well, I always liked to **think** I played smartly, but I hardly ever won more than three bucks, so I cant say I play all that smartly.

I'm sure I'll throw a few bucks at the new game myself, but I wont play it as much as I played Sweet Million.

United States
                        Member #124493
                        March 14, 2012
                        7023 Posts
                        Posted: May 30, 2014, 7:39 pm - IP Logged

Well, LB sorry for shouting, but I'm annoyed SM is going away.

It's not entirely The NY Lottery's fault that the game went nowhere. IMHO, lottery players share some of the blame too.  Show me where you can find lower odds to win one million dollars for the price of 1 dollar.  You cant do that because there isn't any game anywhere that matched SM's low odds. (I know that because i went on many states lottery websites and i did not see a game like Sweet Million anywhere.)   But players in New York didn't play the game "because nobody wins the jackpot" and "the lower tier prizes are a joke". (That's true, they are a joke)  Players were completely blind to the fact that the odds were fabulous (in terms of lottery odds) that couldn't be matched anywhere.

The new game will cost 2 bucks per line, carries 21 million to 1 odds to win a jackpot of $365,000 per year before taxes.  That's a better game/deal than Sweet Million????  I think not.  The closest thing to SM to win a million is Connecticut's SuperDraw with it's 275,000 to 1 odds.  But that's 10 bucks a pop and they only do it twice per year.

That's ok, you are forgiven.  I am pretty peeved too.  Having to put those excel charts out to pasture.  I raised them since they were 1 KB sheets.

I had a crazy idea also to do a $100 dollar wheel, but I haven't moved forward with the idea yet.

If I can end my T5 drought, I will definately put the idea in motion.  But probably with two $50 wheels, to start.  The end is nigh but all hope is not yet lost.

I have been keeping my eye on those exhaustion numbers, but I hate to think I chase them for the remainder of the game and they neve come out!!

I think the max skip for a number is forty games, so it aint to farfetched.

I have been playing that 21 as a long shot like a dummy but I think it will repeat so I am hoping to get it twice.  But I should probably just play the 4 as power until the game ends.

Too many choices and I just lost the pick 3 and pick 4. So no extra money tonite.

NY State
                          United States
                          Member #92609
                          June 10, 2010
                          3709 Posts
                          Posted: May 31, 2014, 2:59 am - IP Logged

That's ok, you are forgiven.  I am pretty peeved too.  Having to put those excel charts out to pasture.  I raised them since they were 1 KB sheets.

I had a crazy idea also to do a $100 dollar wheel, but I haven't moved forward with the idea yet.

If I can end my T5 drought, I will definately put the idea in motion.  But probably with two $50 wheels, to start.  The end is nigh but all hope is not yet lost.

I have been keeping my eye on those exhaustion numbers, but I hate to think I chase them for the remainder of the game and they neve come out!!

I think the max skip for a number is forty games, so it aint to farfetched.

I have been playing that 21 as a long shot like a dummy but I think it will repeat so I am hoping to get it twice.  But I should probably just play the 4 as power until the game ends.

Too many choices and I just lost the pick 3 and pick 4. So no extra money tonite.

I have the 21 at a 22 skip, is that right? 

The 7 and 35 (at a 31 skip) have been getting my attention, but I only play each of them on two different lines. I think it was the 28 that skipped 41 drawings way back when, which is the longest skip ever in Sweet Milly.  There's only 9 drawings left, so neither of them can break the 28's record of skipping 41 drawings.

I always play any longshot as a repeater and a 1 skip whenever it hits.  I think that's why I've hit 3 baggers as consistently as I have.  I get the repeater or 1 skip, and also get lucky by having two other numbers on the same line.

United States
                            Member #94616
                            July 24, 2010
                            4735 Posts
                            Posted: June 2, 2014, 6:13 am - IP Logged

Ok--- LAST month for SM... lets see everyone on this forum hit for LOTS-OF-CASH!!! 

the 9 just hit 3 times in a row, coming after the 11 hitting 3 plays in the row.....

I am thinking we DON"T see a repeat from the last play, and a return of the teens tonight.  Going to have 2 teens in all my lines. -- GL everyone and lets get our CASH !!! Cheers

United States
                              Member #124493
                              March 14, 2012
                              7023 Posts
                              Posted: June 2, 2014, 8:10 am - IP Logged

I have the 21 at a 22 skip, is that right? 

The 7 and 35 (at a 31 skip) have been getting my attention, but I only play each of them on two different lines. I think it was the 28 that skipped 41 drawings way back when, which is the longest skip ever in Sweet Milly.  There's only 9 drawings left, so neither of them can break the 28's record of skipping 41 drawings.

I always play any longshot as a repeater and a 1 skip whenever it hits.  I think that's why I've hit 3 baggers as consistently as I have.  I get the repeater or 1 skip, and also get lucky by having two other numbers on the same line.

Thats correct.  skip twenty two for 21.

If you use the abbreviated skip chart, (chart 4, then f4, then f4 again)  and you scroll back, the skip 22 could be considered a bottom as it has skipped at 20 and 21, however if you notice there is an anamoly skip of 36 games, which quite frankly scares me.  The 21 is also not on the trailing chart, whereas 35 is.  So I may lean towards 35 and do a separate power number wheel with the 21.

I also think I like the 35 MORE than the 7.

I will probably do a separate wheel also with the last digit 7's,

So I have to throw in the 7 17 27 37 in at least one game, and see if I can get minimum a three bagger by mixing with a one day skipper, most likely the 4.

Yes it nice to catch the longshot because then you dont really have to tweak, and then you can run your wheel hoping for the repeat.  Its a rare feat, but I do try to anticipate that.

I will doing that in Take Five also with the 3 and 13 when they eventually hit.

I haven't decided how much I am going to play yet.

I am thinking 10 ,20 ,upwards to 40, but I want to wheel smart, so I am not sure If I will do it today.

I am thinking about doing some crazy like taking a thousand dollar advance on my credit card to play for the month.  Although I am not sure which one I want to use.  (I am not going to spend the whole thousand on gambling, only maybe half) 

I want to be aggressive without being sloppy and without going into manic frenzy.  That can easily happen when you exceed your budget and then try to chase the dragon when you lose.

I made a set of take five that I know I will 100% run tommorrow, regardless of tonites results, so I am really focused for at least the next two days on sweet million.

Good Luck tonite, and good luck to all players.

Page 71 of 76