Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

NY Sweet Millions

Topic closed. 1125 replies. Last post 2 years ago by GiveFive.

Page 75 of 76
PrintE-mailLink
NEW YORK
United States
Member #90535
April 29, 2010
11974 Posts
Posted: June 12, 2014, 7:18 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't give too much credibility to what steve allensworth is saying.  At least I would have a large chunk of salt with it.

How can you have a fixed payout amount if the lower tier prizes were not parimutel?

So lets say for argument sake on one draw 1000 people won. (But not the jackpot.)  Would those 1000 people share the 38% prize pool?

But the next draw only 500 people won. Again no jackpot. Would those people earn more because there was less people involved?

Where did the 38% really go?

To bad Todd didn't put this info in his story.

The reason I say to take that 38% with a grain of salt is based on the above LB logic, and also

because in their magazine when we had those recent quints, they were touting in the magazine how that was only the second time a quint repeated.

Dumba$$es.

How often do you go to the store to play the lottery?

United States
    Member #124493
    March 14, 2012
    7023 Posts
    Posted: June 12, 2014, 9:43 pm - IP Logged

How often do you go to the store to play the lottery?

About once a year.

United States
      Member #124493
      March 14, 2012
      7023 Posts
      Posted: June 12, 2014, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

Well I played an obscene amount of money tonite.

I took a second mortgage on the house.

Maxed out my credit card.

I told the kids, that they will be eating peanut butter and jelly on crackers for the next two months.  I also told them they are on their own on acquiring their crackers.  I told them, that they could try wendys.  Sometimes people will buy a chili and not eat their crackers.

(Just kidding,  I don't have any money left over for jelly.  And I also dont have any kids.)

So, No lows, and sorry G5,  NO THIRTIES.  Highest number was 27. 

I only caught a couple of three baggers even thoug  I had all 6 numbers in my huge titanic handmade wheel.

10  12  18  20  25  27 

The flag 18 hits.  It would probably repeat next draw, but we will never know.   Top pair 12  -  25 hits.

I kind of overlooked it in my zeal for the 21. 

Anyway.  Bye Bye sweet milly.   SadSadSad

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
        NY State
        United States
        Member #92609
        June 10, 2010
        3689 Posts
        Posted: June 12, 2014, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

Well I played an obscene amount of money tonite.

I took a second mortgage on the house.

Maxed out my credit card.

I told the kids, that they will be eating peanut butter and jelly on crackers for the next two months.  I also told them they are on their own on acquiring their crackers.  I told them, that they could try wendys.  Sometimes people will buy a chili and not eat their crackers.

(Just kidding,  I don't have any money left over for jelly.  And I also dont have any kids.)

So, No lows, and sorry G5,  NO THIRTIES.  Highest number was 27. 

I only caught a couple of three baggers even thoug  I had all 6 numbers in my huge titanic handmade wheel.

10  12  18  20  25  27 

The flag 18 hits.  It would probably repeat next draw, but we will never know.   Top pair 12  -  25 hits.

I kind of overlooked it in my zeal for the 21. 

Anyway.  Bye Bye sweet milly.   SadSadSad

Kind of a weird way to go out................

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

United States
          Member #124493
          March 14, 2012
          7023 Posts
          Posted: June 12, 2014, 9:52 pm - IP Logged

United States
            Member #94616
            July 24, 2010
            4735 Posts
            Posted: June 13, 2014, 2:20 am - IP Logged

No, I should have seen this coming!! Like LB I hit 3 of 6.

And I agree... where did the money go??

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
              NY State
              United States
              Member #92609
              June 10, 2010
              3689 Posts
              Posted: June 13, 2014, 7:19 am - IP Logged

Not that anybody cares now but....

There were 4 numbers that hit ten times in 2014 (in 21% of the 47 drawings) 1 4 9 & 22.

There were 7 numbers that hit eleven times in 2014 (23% of the drawings) 5 8 11 15 19 20 & 33.

A hit rate of 21 and 23% in all 47 drawings was pretty high.  Some of those numbers would have cooled off and fell back, but I think there was a good chance two or three of them would have kept up their pace.  Any number with a  20% (or higher) hit rate in past full years of Sweet Millie (104/105 drawings) was usually the top dog at the end of the year.

The above is what's bugging me the most with regard to the game ending! My chart that tracks the number of hits in 2014 was just starting to really tell me something. (We are nearing the halfway point of 2014 so a clear picture was emerging that showed which numbers had hit the most in 2014 and which ones had not hit very much at all.

My thoughts were that by the end of June, with half of 2014 gone, I'd have a pretty good picture of which numbers to key on, and which numbers weren't going to hit much in 2014. I would have hardly played the first half of 2014's low hitters. I'd have gone with numbers that had a legitimate shot at becoming the highest hitting number in 2014.  For example, both the 2 and 35 had 1 hit in 2014.  There is no way they were going to make  it to 20 or more hits this year! There just weren't going to be enough drawings left in the year for them to make it to 20 or more hits, had Sweet Millie not been ended. So I'd have avoided playing them. (To get to 20 hits, they'd had to have started hitting at a rate of 37%, which is about one hit in every third drawing during the entire six month period left in 2014!  Numbers don't hit at a rate like THAT!) 

But my spreadsheet is worthless now.  I spent a lot of time keeping it current, and it was just starting get very interesting. Until The NYL dropped the hammer on Sweet Millie that is.

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

Mink404Ski's avatar - prismm zpspm2ze8wf.gif
                Watervliet, New York
                United States
                Member #1100
                February 2, 2003
                3186 Posts
                Posted: June 13, 2014, 7:46 am - IP Logged

There were 4 numbers that hit ten times in 2014 (in 21% of the 47 drawings) 1 4 9 & 22.

There were 7 numbers that hit eleven times in 2014 (23% of the drawings) 5 8 11 15 19 20 & 33.

A hit rate of 21 and 23% in all 47 drawings was pretty high.  Some of those numbers would have cooled off and fell back, but I think there was a good chance two or three of them would have kept up their pace.  Any number with a  20% (or higher) hit rate in past full years of Sweet Millie (104/105 drawings) was usually the top dog at the end of the year.

The above is what's bugging me the most with regard to the game ending! My chart that tracks the number of hits in 2014 was just starting to really tell me something. (We are nearing the halfway point of 2014 so a clear picture was emerging that showed which numbers had hit the most in 2014 and which ones had not hit very much at all.

My thoughts were that by the end of June, with half of 2014 gone, I'd have a pretty good picture of which numbers to key on, and which numbers weren't going to hit much in 2014. I would have hardly played the first half of 2014's low hitters. I'd have gone with numbers that had a legitimate shot at becoming the highest hitting number in 2014.  For example, both the 2 and 35 had 1 hit in 2014.  There is no way they were going to make  it to 20 or more hits this year! There just weren't going to be enough drawings left in the year for them to make it to 20 or more hits, had Sweet Millie not been ended. So I'd have avoided playing them. (To get to 20 hits, they'd had to have started hitting at a rate of 37%, which is about one hit in every third drawing during the entire six month period left in 2014!  Numbers don't hit at a rate like THAT!) 

But my spreadsheet is worthless now.  I spent a lot of time keeping it current, and it was just starting get very interesting. Until The NYL dropped the hammer on Sweet Millie that is.

New York
                Roy founded LottoStats Inc., the company that started the business of handicapping numbers and lotto games. Lotto Stats magazine was commercially available in the early 80s and predates any known lottery publication anywhere in the world. With the advent of computers and related software, Lotto Stats has made the business of handicapping lottery games a science that cannot be disputed.
                Columnist Remarks
                Hello Fellow Numbers Players! Sweet Dreams, Sweet Million! We called it from day one. Sure, there were five, $1,000,000 Dollar prizes up for grabs in every drawing but it didn’t take a math wizard to figure out that with odds of 3,838,380 to 1 against winning just one, Jackpot Winners would be few and far between. To make matters worse, when the Jackpot wasn’t won, which was most of the time, the money wasn’t used to increase the Jackpot for the next drawing. Nor was it used to throw a bone to us players by increasing payouts for 2nd, 3rd and 4th Prizes. So what happened to the money? We wrote the lottery back in September 2009 when the game first came out and asked that very question. They responded by saying the money was needed to guarantee that the five, $1,000,000 Prizes that were up for grabs in each drawing, were properly funded, since sales alone would not generate enough revenue. Well guess what? The same bean counters that were able to figure out that sales alone would not float the game, should have been able to figure out that money would never be needed to fund the Jackpot. They already had a guarantee that Sweet Million Jackpots would be properly funded - the odds, which they strategically built into the game. The question remains, since there were very few Jackpot winners and since 2nd Prize paid a whopping $500.00, where did the money go?? Doesn’t matter now. We have a new game to deal with called “Cash 4 Life”. It boasts a Jackpot of $1,000.00 a day for life and a 2nd Prize of $1,000.00 a week for life but here we go again. They might as well make the Jackpot – $1,000.00 a minute for life because the odds against winning it are a staggering 21,446,048 to 1. That’s more than five times worse than the odds of winning the Sweet Million Jackpot that nobody won! The odds of winning a 2nd Prize of $1,000 a week for life are 7,282,016 to 1, almost twice the odds of winning the Sweet Million Jackpot! Still, this game might be worth playing. Just forget about winning the Jackpot or a 2nd Prize. Target a 3rd Prize of $2,500.00, for matching 4 of the 5 winning numbers and the “Cash Ball.” The odds of doing that are 79,440 to 1. With our “Jackpot Seeker” Software and Number Performance Charts, we might be able to extract some of that money, once we have enough data to work with. That said, Number Performance Charts for “Cash 4 Life” will be included in every issue of Lotto Stats beginning with out next issue. Incidentally, the odds of winning a $500.00, 4th Prize in “Cash for Life” are 26,480 to 1! And you thought Sweet Million was bad with odds of 18,815 to 1 against winning $500.00! Who comes up with these games anyway? 

"Bet with your head..... not over it!" 

NEW YORK
                  United States
                  Member #90535
                  April 29, 2010
                  11974 Posts
                  Posted: June 13, 2014, 10:16 am - IP Logged

About once a year.

You spend $10,000 playing the lottery? You are a real lottery system player.

NEW YORK
                    United States
                    Member #90535
                    April 29, 2010
                    11974 Posts
                    Posted: June 13, 2014, 10:19 am - IP Logged

Sweet Million jackpot winners are laughing all the way to the bank, specially those that won with $1 Sweet Million Quick Pick Ticket.

NEW YORK
                      United States
                      Member #90535
                      April 29, 2010
                      11974 Posts
                      Posted: June 13, 2014, 10:24 am - IP Logged

No, I should have seen this coming!! Like LB I hit 3 of 6.

And I agree... where did the money go??

You might do better with Cash 4Life.

NEW YORK
                        United States
                        Member #90535
                        April 29, 2010
                        11974 Posts
                        Posted: June 13, 2014, 10:28 am - IP Logged

Lottery Quick Picks save you time and money.

Long Island, NY
                          United States
                          Member #57412
                          January 3, 2008
                          419 Posts
                          Posted: June 14, 2014, 11:08 pm - IP Logged

I am annoyed that they stopped this game.  I am annoyed that I didnt do better.  I played every draw from the time they started it.

6 out of 40 (for a million dollar prize).  Still sounds like one of the best games in NY.

I finished the last night with two 3 of 6 hits myself.

My only problem with this game was the crappy $500 payout for a 5 of 6 hit.

Cash For Life is no replacement for this game.(in short)

I hope that the NY lottery comes up with a worthy replacement for it soon.

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
                            upstate NY
                            United States
                            Member #108791
                            March 31, 2011
                            549 Posts
                            Posted: June 15, 2014, 8:16 pm - IP Logged

I am annoyed that they stopped this game.  I am annoyed that I didnt do better.  I played every draw from the time they started it.

6 out of 40 (for a million dollar prize).  Still sounds like one of the best games in NY.

I finished the last night with two 3 of 6 hits myself.

Cash For Life is no replacement for this game.(in short)

I hope that the NY lottery comes up with a worthy replacement for it soon.

That, IMO, was the game's fatal flaw.  The odds of winning a million bucks were fairly decent, but the lower-level prizes were pure crap.  They should have been higher, and it would've been nice if there was a 2 of 6 prize, even if it was just a dollar or two or a free play.  Had the other prizes been bigger, the player base might have been bigger as a result.

United States
                              Member #124493
                              March 14, 2012
                              7023 Posts
                              Posted: June 15, 2014, 9:32 pm - IP Logged
                              New York
                              Roy founded LottoStats Inc., the company that started the business of handicapping numbers and lotto games. Lotto Stats magazine was commercially available in the early 80s and predates any known lottery publication anywhere in the world. With the advent of computers and related software, Lotto Stats has made the business of handicapping lottery games a science that cannot be disputed.
                              Columnist Remarks
                              Hello Fellow Numbers Players! Sweet Dreams, Sweet Million! We called it from day one. Sure, there were five, $1,000,000 Dollar prizes up for grabs in every drawing but it didn’t take a math wizard to figure out that with odds of 3,838,380 to 1 against winning just one, Jackpot Winners would be few and far between. To make matters worse, when the Jackpot wasn’t won, which was most of the time, the money wasn’t used to increase the Jackpot for the next drawing. Nor was it used to throw a bone to us players by increasing payouts for 2nd, 3rd and 4th Prizes. So what happened to the money? We wrote the lottery back in September 2009 when the game first came out and asked that very question. They responded by saying the money was needed to guarantee that the five, $1,000,000 Prizes that were up for grabs in each drawing, were properly funded, since sales alone would not generate enough revenue. Well guess what? The same bean counters that were able to figure out that sales alone would not float the game, should have been able to figure out that money would never be needed to fund the Jackpot. They already had a guarantee that Sweet Million Jackpots would be properly funded - the odds, which they strategically built into the game. The question remains, since there were very few Jackpot winners and since 2nd Prize paid a whopping $500.00, where did the money go?? Doesn’t matter now. We have a new game to deal with called “Cash 4 Life”. It boasts a Jackpot of $1,000.00 a day for life and a 2nd Prize of $1,000.00 a week for life but here we go again. They might as well make the Jackpot – $1,000.00 a minute for life because the odds against winning it are a staggering 21,446,048 to 1. That’s more than five times worse than the odds of winning the Sweet Million Jackpot that nobody won! The odds of winning a 2nd Prize of $1,000 a week for life are 7,282,016 to 1, almost twice the odds of winning the Sweet Million Jackpot! Still, this game might be worth playing. Just forget about winning the Jackpot or a 2nd Prize. Target a 3rd Prize of $2,500.00, for matching 4 of the 5 winning numbers and the “Cash Ball.” The odds of doing that are 79,440 to 1. With our “Jackpot Seeker” Software and Number Performance Charts, we might be able to extract some of that money, once we have enough data to work with. That said, Number Performance Charts for “Cash 4 Life” will be included in every issue of Lotto Stats beginning with out next issue. Incidentally, the odds of winning a $500.00, 4th Prize in “Cash for Life” are 26,480 to 1! And you thought Sweet Million was bad with odds of 18,815 to 1 against winning $500.00! Who comes up with these games anyway? 

He does make some sense here.  Although he says it doesn't matter now, I think it does matter.  There should be a NY state senate inquiry into this game to find out what happened to the money, to be transparent about how the money was allocated to executives, where the education money went, what its being use for, and why are they going to go and mess with the odds of winning by cancelling a game mid stream.  If they want to increase money for eduction, it would have been smarter to take 10 balls out of the lotto machine.

I mean what are they going to do, resurrect the sweet million when they find the cash for life sucks too?

Where did the money go?

Probably skimmed off the top for executives.

The interesting thing about todds story is they said they, wanted to make a new game to increase education funding.

But this is madness.

I mean they fund education from pick3, pick4, keno, lotto, powerball, mega millions, take five, sweet million.

But it just wasn't enough?

So now the have Cash 4 Life, which I just cant play.  And they have to share the education money with NJ, I suppose.

I have to stand by my principles. 

I would rather play powerball than this stupid game.  And I dont play powerball because its two bucks.

Page 75 of 76