Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 9:22 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Are QPs randomly generated numbers?

Topic closed. 181 replies. Last post 4 years ago by RJOh.

Page 4 of 13
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #111442
May 25, 2011
6323 Posts
Posted: October 6, 2012, 3:46 pm - IP Logged

That's a very good point  mcginnin56, but as Todd pointed out in the case of random number combinations (and some presidents I suppose) the character and record are of no importance whatsoever  What?

Its the quaity of the randomness that counts.....

So how long would you be willing to use these LP generated numbers, without any wins?

United States
    Member #116268
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: October 6, 2012, 4:17 pm - IP Logged

So how long would you be willing to use these LP generated numbers, without any wins?

Good question   mcginnin56, but it just so happens that I understand the odds well enough to realize that when I play QPs (no matter their source) my objective is not "winning" as much as just making a casual "play"

As I explained to Thrifty the other day, its just a bit of "thrill seeking" and entertainment. When I bought 200 QPs and hit 3 of 5 on two lines it was a big "win" considering the odds of getting 3 of 5 are 1 in 306 on MM.

That's why I primarily use the LP resources and play a 2 if 2 wheel. 1 in 2000 odds are not great, but on the days that I have all 5 numbers in my group of 28.... it beats 1 in 3.8 million by a ratio of 1585 to 1.

Lottonomics's avatar - box

United States
      Member #133657
      October 5, 2012
      82 Posts
      Posted: October 6, 2012, 4:28 pm - IP Logged

This test is as good a place to start as any, but a real story would be told if one could somehow create two groups of players in a live drawing and have half of them use the LP generator and the other half use the terminal with both groups spending equal dollar amounts.

I think we are tempted to see terminal picks as the best because of how many wins come from that grouping. This, however, follows the same logic of the conspiracy theorists who claim CA and NY win most of the JPs and the only way to have a fair chance of winning would be to play in one of those states.

I'd be willing to do a small scale experiment for a few weeks. Granted, a really small scale. 1 terminal quick pick vs 1 LP quick pick and track the results somewhere. Being from California I'd also be willing to test the claim that most of the jackpot winners are from here Big Grin

You know, in fact, I might as well just use those numbers for your "MM elimination" thread. If I end up putting together a really brutal unlucky streaky maybe it can help someone else eliminate some numbers for them at least, haha.

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
        Member #133462
        September 30, 2012
        5946 Posts
        Posted: October 6, 2012, 4:48 pm - IP Logged

I'd be willing to do a small scale experiment for a few weeks. Granted, a really small scale. 1 terminal quick pick vs 1 LP quick pick and track the results somewhere. Being from California I'd also be willing to test the claim that most of the jackpot winners are from here Big Grin

You know, in fact, I might as well just use those numbers for your "MM elimination" thread. If I end up putting together a really brutal unlucky streaky maybe it can help someone else eliminate some numbers for them at least, haha.

You know my mantra: Everything works once.

Well these states do hog up most of the jackpots but the point here is that they have a higher population out of which a greater number play the game and consequently fund those very JPs they win.

I only ask for 10% off the top - lol

"Everything works  ONCE!"

United States
          Member #111442
          May 25, 2011
          6323 Posts
          Posted: October 6, 2012, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

Good question   mcginnin56, but it just so happens that I understand the odds well enough to realize that when I play QPs (no matter their source) my objective is not "winning" as much as just making a casual "play"

As I explained to Thrifty the other day, its just a bit of "thrill seeking" and entertainment. When I bought 200 QPs and hit 3 of 5 on two lines it was a big "win" considering the odds of getting 3 of 5 are 1 in 306 on MM.

That's why I primarily use the LP resources and play a 2 if 2 wheel. 1 in 2000 odds are not great, but on the days that I have all 5 numbers in my group of 28.... it beats 1 in 3.8 million by a ratio of 1585 to 1.

OK now I understand. There are two distinct types of lottery players. 

Those that want to win some dough, and those that are seeking just entertainment, via the "casual play".

It all makes perfect sense now.    Yes Nod

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: October 6, 2012, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

Glad to clear that up for you  mcginnin56, now you know...... winning isn't everything  What?

United States
              Member #111442
              May 25, 2011
              6323 Posts
              Posted: October 6, 2012, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

Glad to clear that up for you  mcginnin56, now you know...... winning isn't everything  What?

Apparently not, and why should it be? Losing is so much more entertaining and dramatic.

Maybe that's why Lucky calls himself a Loser!

United States
                Member #116268
                September 7, 2011
                20244 Posts
                Posted: October 6, 2012, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

Apparently not, and why should it be? Losing is so much more entertaining and dramatic.

Maybe that's why Lucky calls himself a Loser!

I admire Lucky,

all lottery players are losers in the sense that we typically have to endure a lot of loses to pick up a win.

I do still agree with Todd's original point that QPs are not a system at all, and as far as a strategy I would say a very weak strategy at best.

United States
                  Member #111442
                  May 25, 2011
                  6323 Posts
                  Posted: October 6, 2012, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

I admire Lucky,

all lottery players are losers in the sense that we typically have to endure a lot of loses to pick up a win.

I do still agree with Todd's original point that QPs are not a system at all, and as far as a strategy I would say a very weak strategy at best.

I never disagreed with that assertion.

Many people win on QP's however, which is why I am anxious to see if anyone using the LP QP generator, is having any luck.

United States
                    Member #116268
                    September 7, 2011
                    20244 Posts
                    Posted: October 6, 2012, 7:58 pm - IP Logged

The obvious deterrent would be the fact that filling out the slips is required for play and when it comes to losing, extra effort is definitely not a plus..........  Hard work and losing are not good bed fellows....

United States
                      Member #111442
                      May 25, 2011
                      6323 Posts
                      Posted: October 6, 2012, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

Easy losing is definitely the only way to go.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                        Member #121745
                        January 16, 2012
                        4987 Posts
                        Posted: October 6, 2012, 9:03 pm - IP Logged

I bought one additional PB ticket and a Decades of Dollars ticket based on a number generated by LP.  We will see how they do.

J'aime La France.

United States
                          Member #111442
                          May 25, 2011
                          6323 Posts
                          Posted: October 6, 2012, 9:09 pm - IP Logged

I bought one additional PB ticket and a Decades of Dollars ticket based on a number generated by LP.  We will see how they do.

Wow big spender!

Business must be good. 

Just keep in mind Ronnie316's golden rule: QP's are for entertainment purposes only, via the "casual play"    LOL

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                            Member #121745
                            January 16, 2012
                            4987 Posts
                            Posted: October 6, 2012, 9:51 pm - IP Logged

Wow big spender!

Business must be good. 

Just keep in mind Ronnie316's golden rule: QP's are for entertainment purposes only, via the "casual play"    LOL

lol.  I am sure the extra $5.00 will not bankrupt me and I will skip buying my lunch at work (only do so one day a week) next week. I actually had a number of sets and picked the one which had a couple of numbers I had already picked.

J'aime La France.

Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #32652
                              February 14, 2006
                              7344 Posts
                              Posted: October 6, 2012, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

The Quick Picks are random numbers generated by the lottery terminal itself.  They are not drawn from a master list of numbers until the list is exhausted.

However, my feeling is that the random number generators built into lottery terminals tend to be pretty poor, very basic psuedo-random number generators.  They are fine for last-minute ticket buys, but if you have the time and you still want random numbers, I would recommend using Lottery Post's Quick Picks Generator, which uses a much better random number generator than you can find elsewhere.

There were stories about players buying over $100 worth of QP tickets getting duplicates and I believe one even had the same ten lines as on another ticket. I wouldn't expect to get duplicate combos buying 100 QPs, but if their program is truly random it should happen occasionally. The lottery called it a "glitch", gave the chances of it happening, and said they fixed the problem, but if the fix does prevent duplicates, doesn't that create of master list of "sold combos"?

Page 4 of 13