Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 5:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Are QPs randomly generated numbers?

Topic closed. 181 replies. Last post 4 years ago by RJOh.

Page 5 of 13
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19900 Posts
Posted: October 6, 2012, 10:20 pm - IP Logged

Easy losing is definitely the only way to go.

Not only shouldn't you have to put a lot of effort into losing but you shouldn't have to spend a lot either.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
    adelaide sa
    Australia
    Member #37136
    April 11, 2006
    3316 Posts
    Posted: October 6, 2012, 11:14 pm - IP Logged

if they paid out for losing, we'd all be winners!

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

Japan
      Member #131605
      August 14, 2012
      372 Posts
      Posted: October 7, 2012, 12:42 am - IP Logged

They pay out for winning, most of us are still loosers

United States
        Member #111442
        May 25, 2011
        6323 Posts
        Posted: October 7, 2012, 4:16 am - IP Logged

Not only shouldn't you have to put a lot of effort into losing but you shouldn't have to spend a lot either.

Unless you happen to be a Lucky loser.   Lep

United States
          Member #111442
          May 25, 2011
          6323 Posts
          Posted: October 7, 2012, 4:45 am - IP Logged

They pay out for winning, most of us are still loosers

Jack Whittaker won $315 million, and is still the biggest all time loser.

Funny thing is, the biggest losers on TV, are the biggest winners.   LOL

United States
            Member #111442
            May 25, 2011
            6323 Posts
            Posted: October 7, 2012, 5:04 am - IP Logged

if they paid out for losing, we'd all be winners!

Why don't we change the rules for a while.

All losers are winners, all winners are losers.

Kind of a spin on that new Texas game "All or Nothing"

Win$500Quick's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
              Florida
              United States
              Member #77815
              August 1, 2009
              3460 Posts
              Posted: October 7, 2012, 5:27 am - IP Logged

The Quick Picks are random numbers generated by the lottery terminal itself.  They are not drawn from a master list of numbers until the list is exhausted.

However, my feeling is that the random number generators built into lottery terminals tend to be pretty poor, very basic psuedo-random number generators.  They are fine for last-minute ticket buys, but if you have the time and you still want random numbers, I would recommend using Lottery Post's Quick Picks Generator, which uses a much better random number generator than you can find elsewhere.

In November 2010 I was playing around with the Quick Pick Generator on USA Mega and I wrote down 5 lines of quick picks with all high numbers and consecutives, but I did not play them. That night the drawing was:

Wednesday, November 03, 2010  34 · 38 · 39 · 45 · 50    + 33 

$104 Million

I was so scared to look at the paper I wrote the quick picks on because I knew that high number combination looked familiar and what if it is all 6 numbers, what if it is 5 numbers for $1 million how will I be able to moved on knowing I had wrote them down but did not play them. When I checked the numbers matched 4+1 for $10,000. I was relieved it was not all 6 numbers. You can get over missing $10,000, but I am not sure you get over losing $104 million dollar jackpot. I learned my lesson from that experience to never use the QP generator unless I am going to play the numbers. That is the closest I ever came to big money in the Powerball and I never even played the numbers

Guess Who's Back?

United States
                Member #111442
                May 25, 2011
                6323 Posts
                Posted: October 7, 2012, 9:18 am - IP Logged

In November 2010 I was playing around with the Quick Pick Generator on USA Mega and I wrote down 5 lines of quick picks with all high numbers and consecutives, but I did not play them. That night the drawing was:

$104 Million

I was so scared to look at the paper I wrote the quick picks on because I knew that high number combination looked familiar and what if it is all 6 numbers, what if it is 5 numbers for $1 million how will I be able to moved on knowing I had wrote them down but did not play them. When I checked the numbers matched 4+1 for $10,000. I was relieved it was not all 6 numbers. You can get over missing $10,000, but I am not sure you get over losing $104 million dollar jackpot. I learned my lesson from that experience to never use the QP generator unless I am going to play the numbers. That is the closest I ever came to big money in the Powerball and I never even played the numbers

Had those numbers came up for the jackpot, would you have continued trying other QP's?

Japan
                  Member #131605
                  August 14, 2012
                  372 Posts
                  Posted: October 7, 2012, 9:48 am - IP Logged

Jack Whittaker won $315 million, and is still the biggest all time loser.

Funny thing is, the biggest losers on TV, are the biggest winners.   LOL

.... Indeed.... indeed

Clown

Win$500Quick's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                    Florida
                    United States
                    Member #77815
                    August 1, 2009
                    3460 Posts
                    Posted: October 7, 2012, 10:14 am - IP Logged

Had those numbers came up for the jackpot, would you have continued trying other QP's?

No! and I don't know why I even buy quick picks from the store anyway. I never win anything with them and I like to see what the QP generator give me and then I put it on the playslip. I like to choose combinations with high numbers and consecutive numbers. So I do agree with Todd about the LP/USA Mega generator produce better random numbers.

Guess Who's Back?

United States
                      Member #111442
                      May 25, 2011
                      6323 Posts
                      Posted: October 7, 2012, 10:22 am - IP Logged

No! and I don't know why I even buy quick picks from the store anyway. I never win anything with them and I like to see what the QP generator give me and then I put it on the playslip. I like to choose combinations with high numbers and consecutive numbers. So I do agree with Todd about the LP/USA Mega generator produce better random numbers.

Good luck with any of your future LP generated QP's.

If you win anything worth mentioning, let us know.

Thanks!

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: October 7, 2012, 10:29 am - IP Logged

The good thing about the LP QPs is that you can see them BEFORE you buy them.

This is NOT an option with store bought QPs.

RJOh uses a method of looking at combinations and choosing the ones he wants to play, and it sounds like you may want to try the same, I think its a excellent idea.

United States
                          Member #111442
                          May 25, 2011
                          6323 Posts
                          Posted: October 7, 2012, 10:36 am - IP Logged

The good thing about the LP QPs is that you can see them BEFORE you buy them.

This is NOT an option with store bought QPs.

RJOh uses a method of looking at combinations and choosing the ones he wants to play, and it sounds like you may want to try the same, I think its a excellent idea.

Terrific point Mr. 5+1!

I wonder how many stores would allow your to preview a QP before buying? Perhaps only a handful of inexperienced clerks.

You usually want to see your wife or husband at least once before marrying, so why shouldn't you see your QP number before playing.  LOL

United States
                            Member #116268
                            September 7, 2011
                            20244 Posts
                            Posted: October 7, 2012, 10:43 am - IP Logged

That's right Master  mcginnin56, a QP player and his ticket could be a match made in heaven if only there was a courting process for them to get to know each other........ Excellent point indeed.........

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                              adelaide sa
                              Australia
                              Member #37136
                              April 11, 2006
                              3316 Posts
                              Posted: October 7, 2012, 11:10 am - IP Logged

$104 Million

omg bad bad luck, thats the lady laughing in your face.

you should head over to losers lounge and share the sad news.

using the QP generator wasnt the problem  writting them down and not playing them was.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

Page 5 of 13