Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 12:55 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Does it make you angry??

Topic closed. 169 replies. Last post 4 years ago by haymaker.

Page 1 of 12
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #130815
July 25, 2012
1636 Posts
Posted: October 23, 2012, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

Does it make you angry when you hear of people who are homeless or on welfare buying lottery tickets and winning the lottery? Or you're like me you don't care who wins you just wish it was you.? The reason I don't care is that you can't really control what people do with the money you give them...you hope that your helping someone when you give it to them and most times maybe you are but once its given its not yours anymore to decide what's done with it...its given.... its done..... its over...it like my tax dollars I really can't control where they go...so I don't care how the indigent spend theirs...cause like I said...once its given its not your anymore to say what's done with it...

NightStalker's avatar - 50logo
    East of Columbus, OH
    United States
    Member #120843
    December 28, 2011
    451 Posts
    Posted: October 23, 2012, 3:28 pm - IP Logged

If a homeless person wins the lottery, good for them.  But they were homeless for a reason, so unless they get some one to help them manage that money, they may end up back on the streets. 

Welfare recipients winning the lottery is okay, too.  It's their money.  Is it aggravating?  Yep.  So, when I win, I hope it aggravates some of them.

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

janem's avatar - cat computer.jpg
      California
      United States
      Member #69399
      January 9, 2009
      380 Posts
      Posted: October 23, 2012, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

Does it make you angry when you hear of people who are homeless or on welfare buying lottery tickets and winning the lottery? Or you're like me you don't care who wins you just wish it was you.? The reason I don't care is that you can't really control what people do with the money you give them...you hope that your helping someone when you give it to them and most times maybe you are but once its given its not yours anymore to decide what's done with it...its given.... its done..... its over...it like my tax dollars I really can't control where they go...so I don't care how the indigent spend theirs...cause like I said...once its given its not your anymore to say what's done with it...

It doesn't make me angry becasue these are the people who really need the money the most and it can be a real second chance for them. It would only bother me if I heard that they were buying lottery tickets with money that was needed to pay bills or buy food. However, spending a couple of dollars on the lottery is alright as long as you are not depriving yourself (or your family) of food/necessities.

It was always in the stars for me to be a lottery winner.

Sunny California
        United States
        Member #40295
        May 31, 2006
        7712 Posts
        Posted: October 23, 2012, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

Lottery is a game...a fun game I would hope for most people. It should never make you angry. We should be happy for anybody who wins...wouldn't you want people to be happy when you won? I don't get all these threads asking people if they're mad at who wins or jealous and envious. Sounds like a lot of sore losers to me. When it stops being fun I'll quit playing. I could never imagine being angry or envious at or of anyone who wins the lottery. Isn't that why we play?

United States
          Member #111442
          May 25, 2011
          6323 Posts
          Posted: October 23, 2012, 4:05 pm - IP Logged

Lottery is a game...a fun game I would hope for most people. It should never make you angry. We should be happy for anybody who wins...wouldn't you want people to be happy when you won? I don't get all these threads asking people if they're mad at who wins or jealous and envious. Sounds like a lot of sore losers to me. When it stops being fun I'll quit playing. I could never imagine being angry or envious at or of anyone who wins the lottery. Isn't that why we play?

Maybe we should be angry at the people who start these angry threads.  Let It All Out

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: October 23, 2012, 4:07 pm - IP Logged

Maybe some of us like being angry and it the only thing that makes us happy....What?

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
              Member #52345
              May 21, 2007
              2659 Posts
              Posted: October 23, 2012, 4:22 pm - IP Logged

Maybe some of us like being angry and it the only thing that makes us happy....What?

Skepticaland some people R just plain wierd and have no reason for thar moods ??

United States
                Member #116268
                September 7, 2011
                20244 Posts
                Posted: October 23, 2012, 4:28 pm - IP Logged

Skepticaland some people R just plain wierd and have no reason for thar moods ??

DunkOh yes.... that wound be me..... I don't need a reason to be happy about being angry.......

United States
                  Member #111442
                  May 25, 2011
                  6323 Posts
                  Posted: October 23, 2012, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

Jester Laugh 

Stooges

Crazy

United States
                    Member #116268
                    September 7, 2011
                    20244 Posts
                    Posted: October 23, 2012, 4:32 pm - IP Logged

Jester Laugh 

Stooges

Crazy

Bat

United States
                      Member #111442
                      May 25, 2011
                      6323 Posts
                      Posted: October 23, 2012, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

I'm happy to see you angry if it makes you happy.  Unhappy

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: October 23, 2012, 4:38 pm - IP Logged

I'm happy to see you angry if it makes you happy.  Unhappy

Thank you...... Im angry to hear that your happy, and that makes me very happy.

United States
                          Member #111442
                          May 25, 2011
                          6323 Posts
                          Posted: October 23, 2012, 4:38 pm - IP Logged

Thank you...... Im angry to hear that your happy, and that makes me very happy.

Big Smile

United States
                            Member #128790
                            June 2, 2012
                            5431 Posts
                            Posted: October 23, 2012, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

No, what makes me angry is when I see people who are well off financially playing the lottery.They drive really expensive cars, live in 3 million dollar homes in an upscale gated community, but that's not good enough, they want it all. I say let the blue collar workers catch a break.

There should be a rule when purchasing tickets. Present your last year's tax records, and if it exceeds $50,000 a year, then you're excluded from playing.

United States
                              Member #111442
                              May 25, 2011
                              6323 Posts
                              Posted: October 23, 2012, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

No, what makes me angry is when I see people who are well off financially playing the lottery.They drive really expensive cars, live in 3 million dollar homes in an upscale gated community, but that's not good enough, they want it all. I say let the blue collar workers catch a break.

There should be a rule when purchasing tickets. Present your last year's tax records, and if it exceeds $50,000 a year, then you're excluded from playing.

Are you totally serious??  Jester Laugh

What's up with that statement?  Are you resentful that some people work can hard to get ahead, be successful and financially independent?

And even if it was inherited, who cares?

I'm glad your not in charge of who gets to play the lottery.  Pumpkin

Page 1 of 12