Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 9:30 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Does it make you angry??

Topic closed. 169 replies. Last post 4 years ago by haymaker.

Page 4 of 12
PrintE-mailLink
Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
Texas
United States
Member #86154
January 30, 2010
1646 Posts
Posted: October 23, 2012, 6:28 pm - IP Logged

Does it make you angry when you hear of people who are homeless or on welfare buying lottery tickets and winning the lottery? Or you're like me you don't care who wins you just wish it was you.? The reason I don't care is that you can't really control what people do with the money you give them...you hope that your helping someone when you give it to them and most times maybe you are but once its given its not yours anymore to decide what's done with it...its given.... its done..... its over...it like my tax dollars I really can't control where they go...so I don't care how the indigent spend theirs...cause like I said...once its given its not your anymore to say what's done with it...

Good topic, man. To me, it's a bitter sweet at the end of the day. I'm generally happy to see someone down in life receive another chance to "get it right". But, this is where it becomes bitter sweet. If this person is homeless and has no money to even eat, then what happened for them to arrive there? It's just as another poster here said, something happened along the way whether the business went under, their job ran out, or just plain bad money management.

You're right, once you give it, it's over...it's their's to do what ever. I've given a few bucks to some, but later learned the hard way to only buy them food...I do and it feels good. There are lots of fakers too, though, that get into a car way down the road and leave. Have you ever seen a guy holding a sign asking for money to just get some beer...and really just wants a beer? Do we just pass by this guy and give him nothing, or, help him out because he's being honest and forthecoming? Hmmmm. What if he has a drinking problem and that's why he's homeless? What about the homeless lady? Maybe she's a transient and running from an abusive relationship...never know right? 

If I give someone money and they buy tickets with it, then it's probably the same money I would've spent on tickets. If they win, good for them and I'll probably never know about it. Now, should they be buying food to keep from starving? Yes. It's about choices, though. There are good and bad one's...and maybe the choices they made previously are the one's that have them where they are presently. Maybe not...gotta be careful in passing judgement. People doing better is always good, though.

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
    Member #4877
    May 30, 2004
    5113 Posts
    Posted: October 23, 2012, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

That was very scary psykomo! Blush

MG:

"Great Pumpkin" UR not  a scary kat  BeaverScaredBeaver  Bat  PumpkinPumpkin

"go" MM ### pickin 4 tonite$$$$$      JACKPOT 

DanceDrumDance

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: October 23, 2012, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

Good topic, man. To me, it's a bitter sweet at the end of the day. I'm generally happy to see someone down in life receive another chance to "get it right". But, this is where it becomes bitter sweet. If this person is homeless and has no money to even eat, then what happened for them to arrive there? It's just as another poster here said, something happened along the way whether the business went under, their job ran out, or just plain bad money management.

You're right, once you give it, it's over...it's their's to do what ever. I've given a few bucks to some, but later learned the hard way to only buy them food...I do and it feels good. There are lots of fakers too, though, that get into a car way down the road and leave. Have you ever seen a guy holding a sign asking for money to just get some beer...and really just wants a beer? Do we just pass by this guy and give him nothing, or, help him out because he's being honest and forthecoming? Hmmmm. What if he has a drinking problem and that's why he's homeless? What about the homeless lady? Maybe she's a transient and running from an abusive relationship...never know right? 

If I give someone money and they buy tickets with it, then it's probably the same money I would've spent on tickets. If they win, good for them and I'll probably never know about it. Now, should they be buying food to keep from starving? Yes. It's about choices, though. There are good and bad one's...and maybe the choices they made previously are the one's that have them where they are presently. Maybe not...gotta be careful in passing judgement. People doing better is always good, though.

L.L.

My guess is that he will now be a homeless person, with a house.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
        u$a
        United States
        Member #106665
        February 22, 2011
        19727 Posts
        Posted: October 23, 2012, 6:33 pm - IP Logged

Look @ all of you getting angry with each other No No 

you know you are all family here,, now be nice.Noel don't let him still your christmas spirit..

Green laughbillionairewannabee strikes again Green laugh

Let it Snow Snowman

United States
          Member #111442
          May 25, 2011
          6323 Posts
          Posted: October 23, 2012, 6:34 pm - IP Logged

MG:

"Great Pumpkin" UR not  a scary kat  BeaverScaredBeaver  Bat  PumpkinPumpkin

"go" MM ### pickin 4 tonite$$$$$      JACKPOT 

DanceDrumDance

Yes sir. 2-NITE is the nite. History will be made.  Noel

United States
            Member #128790
            June 2, 2012
            5431 Posts
            Posted: October 23, 2012, 6:36 pm - IP Logged

you know you are all family here,, now be nice.Noel don't let him still your christmas spirit..

Greedy evil people are okay in Ronnie's book, as long as it doesn't personally affect him financially, it's all good. Puke

United States
              Member #111442
              May 25, 2011
              6323 Posts
              Posted: October 23, 2012, 6:36 pm - IP Logged

Who's angry?

I'm mellow yellow as jello.   Embarassed

United States
                Member #116268
                September 7, 2011
                20244 Posts
                Posted: October 23, 2012, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

Greedy evil people are what makes America the greatest nation on earth.  US Flag

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: October 23, 2012, 6:39 pm - IP Logged

Who's angry?

I'm mellow yellow as jello.   Embarassed

And a fine greedy evil fellow at that. Thank you for making America great sir......Patriot

United States
                    Member #128790
                    June 2, 2012
                    5431 Posts
                    Posted: October 23, 2012, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

Greedy evil people are what makes America the greatest nation on earth.  US Flag

Until it hits home, then you'll cry like a littl girl.

United States
                      Member #130815
                      July 25, 2012
                      1636 Posts
                      Posted: October 23, 2012, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

Helpme win what the heck are you  talking about??? I'm not stirring the pot, but it sounds like you are

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: October 23, 2012, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

Your the only girl on this thread only......... and look whos crying. lol. lol. lol. ROFL

United States
                          Member #116268
                          September 7, 2011
                          20244 Posts
                          Posted: October 23, 2012, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

Helpme win what the heck are you  talking about??? I'm not stirring the pot, but it sounds like you are

At least he has a pot, if you know what I mean..  What?

United States
                            Member #111442
                            May 25, 2011
                            6323 Posts
                            Posted: October 23, 2012, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

And a fine greedy evil fellow at that. Thank you for making America great sir......Patriot

Just following my grandpappy's advice. "Work your a** off sonny, then you'll be rich and greedy!"  Cussing Face

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: October 23, 2012, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

Just following my grandpappy's advice. "Work your a** off sonny, then you'll be rich and greedy!"  Cussing Face

Funny how it always comes disguised in a pair of overalls and wearing work gloves.What?

Page 4 of 12