Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 11:54 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

what is your lottery pet peeves??

Topic closed. 116 replies. Last post 4 years ago by jrosina.

Page 2 of 8
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #116268
September 7, 2011
20244 Posts
Posted: November 18, 2012, 2:16 pm - IP Logged

I once had a dog named buddy.  When anyone said "Hey buddy?" I answered back "You are confused, my dog is named buddy.".

Thats a great name, my son always picked out names like Susy and Peter. Nothin like a dog named Sue.

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
    Member #133462
    September 30, 2012
    5946 Posts
    Posted: November 18, 2012, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

I also hate when the clerk is in a bad mood. I think its the kryptonite to my PEF. I usually hold up my bottle of Dr. Pepper and smile (See I'm buying retail as well - lol)

"Everything works  ONCE!"

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: November 18, 2012, 2:37 pm - IP Logged

I also hate when the clerk is in a bad mood. I think its the kryptonite to my PEF. I usually hold up my bottle of Dr. Pepper and smile (See I'm buying retail as well - lol)

I Agree! And have gone elsewhere to get my tickets because of that.

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: November 18, 2012, 2:39 pm - IP Logged

I dislike when the clerk acts confused about how to ring up $150. in tickets that he just printed.

Bahamas
          Member #133462
          September 30, 2012
          5946 Posts
          Posted: November 18, 2012, 2:54 pm - IP Logged

I dislike when the clerk acts confused about how to ring up $150. in tickets that he just printed.

Eyes squinting at the cash register keys as though his/her contact lenses just fell to the floor. Mad

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: November 18, 2012, 2:59 pm - IP Logged

Eyes squinting at the cash register keys as though his/her contact lenses just fell to the floor. Mad

I actually had them charge me $10. 10 seperate times on $100. worth of tickets... lol. lol. lol.

MzDuffleBaglady's avatar - Lottery-018.jpg

United States
              Member #81314
              October 16, 2009
              19394 Posts
              Posted: November 18, 2012, 2:59 pm - IP Logged

Studying numbers, working out numbers, picking the winning number, get to the store, and forgetallaboutit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it hits, that keeps happening to me, and it happened today.

I had 972 on my mind as a repeat, because, it already fell on 2 Sunday's prior, and it was a follower of last nights pick 3, 253.

My nephew called me, and told me his quick pick, and asked what I think?  He said, "auntie, my quick pick is, 997, I said, " two 9's and a 7, play 297, but, I was going to play it as 972, because, it hadn't dropped that way.

Well, I didn't and it hit straight, today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Yellow Eyes

Was looking at the "date theory", looked at what hit in the pick 4 on November 18th, 2011, 3877 and some other number.  The game played me a day ahead,  1300 hit on November 19th, 2011

Who does that on a constant basis?

The Struggle is real!

United States
                Member #116268
                September 7, 2011
                20244 Posts
                Posted: November 18, 2012, 3:07 pm - IP Logged

Studying numbers, working out numbers, picking the winning number, get to the store, and forgetallaboutit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it hits, that keeps happening to me, and it happened today.

I had 972 on my mind as a repeat, because, it already fell on 2 Sunday's prior, and it was a follower of last nights pick 3, 253.

My nephew called me, and told me his quick pick, and asked what I think?  He said, "auntie, my quick pick is, 997, I said, " two 9's and a 7, play 297, but, I was going to play it as 972, because, it hadn't dropped that way.

Was looking at the "date theory", looked at what hit in the pick 4 on November 18th, 2011, 3877 and some other number.  The game played me a day ahead,  1300 hit on November 19th, 2011

What we all need is a light bulb that floats around over our head and comes on real bright anytime playing the numbers in our head is a good idea because they are going to hit. I would even pay money for one of those.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10389 Posts
                  Posted: November 18, 2012, 3:08 pm - IP Logged
                  • Missing a Pick 3 or Pick 4 by one digit.
                  • Some moron bogarting a lottery machine, sticking money in it and selecting scratchers one by one and scratching them while they still have money in the machine, thus 'locking  it up".

Bang Head

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                    Member #116268
                    September 7, 2011
                    20244 Posts
                    Posted: November 18, 2012, 3:22 pm - IP Logged
                    • Missing a Pick 3 or Pick 4 by one digit.
                    • Some moron bogarting a lottery machine, sticking money in it and selecting scratchers one by one and scratching them while they still have money in the machine, thus 'locking  it up".

Bang Head

Next time try kicking him in the nuts..........

luckyshoes's avatar - nw lady.jpg
                      Pennsylvania
                      United States
                      Member #79502
                      September 2, 2009
                      6446 Posts
                      Posted: November 18, 2012, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

How about handing the clerk your playslip AND shes on her cell phone talking to her bf......grrrrrrrMad

Surely the most important news of any day ...

is that the sun has risen one more time. Sun Smiley

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19893 Posts
                        Posted: November 18, 2012, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

What we all need is a light bulb that floats around over our head and comes on real bright anytime playing the numbers in our head is a good idea because they are going to hit. I would even pay money for one of those.

If you can design it, there's a factory in China that will build it for little cost and you can probably get a small business loan from the government to create jobs, just don't tell them where you're creating them.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Bahamas
                          Member #133462
                          September 30, 2012
                          5946 Posts
                          Posted: November 18, 2012, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

I actually had them charge me $10. 10 seperate times on $100. worth of tickets... lol. lol. lol.

That's why most fast food chains minimized the guessing game and put pictures of the meals on the register tabs. God help you if you want to customize. Either you won't get what you ordered or you will be charge incorrectly as they can't think outside the box!

United States
                            Member #111442
                            May 25, 2011
                            6323 Posts
                            Posted: November 18, 2012, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

I hate when a clerk looks to long at the pay slip.

I once had an inexperienced clerk look at my tickets for over 45 minutes.  Sleep

Fortunately she was a real cutie  Lover , and I had no pressing schedule ahead of me for that day.

Bahamas
                              Member #133462
                              September 30, 2012
                              5946 Posts
                              Posted: November 18, 2012, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

Ouch!

I gave someone a number to play and it came. Guess who wasn't smart enough to play it himself? This happened today. I am happy though that the person won. I own and operate a consulting firm so I guess I will chalk it up yo what I do best - lol!