Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2017, 8:11 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

what is your lottery pet peeves??

Topic closed. 116 replies. Last post 5 years ago by jrosina.

Page 5 of 8
PrintE-mailLink
sully16's avatar - sharan
Ringleader
Michigan
United States
Member #81740
October 28, 2009
53344 Posts
Posted: November 20, 2012, 8:52 am - IP Logged

I  hate when a person whispers there 10 daily 3 or 4 digets to the clerk... FILL OUT A SLIP...

Yeah, reading numbers off a ripped up piece of paper, I hate the ones that take as long as humanly possible, cause it's their turn and they have the right to make others wait.

Merry Christmas  Noel

WaLottoDude's avatar - 8ball
    Snohomish, WA
    United States
    Member #135234
    November 19, 2012
    29 Posts
    Posted: November 21, 2012, 3:40 pm - IP Logged

Case-In-Point.

Went into a random gas station to get my $20 picks. I asked the clerk if they did the PowerBall drawing and he said yes and prints me out a $2 quick pick.

He didn't even asked me how many I wanted etc. After explaining I didn't want it, he argued about it with me. So I ended up paying the $2 for the quick pick. Then I proceeded to hand him my slip of picks. During which he was like "woah $20 is too much. I may get one because the pot is so big but I do it for fun and only 2 bucks". To which I said: "Well, I was having fun until you ruined my picks because you couldn't listen to your customer".

Needless to say I won't be going back there. I hand the extra $2 on me in change so I made sure to give him that and thank the man up stairs I was smart enough to bring it otherwise he truely would of ruined my picks!

United States
      Member #108380
      March 25, 2011
      505 Posts
      Posted: November 21, 2012, 4:03 pm - IP Logged

my pet peeve is people who won't play unless the jackpot reaches 100 million or more. these same people would complain if they did win about people hounding them for money. isn't 20 million enough for anyone to keep them in twinkies. these people are limiting their chances by restricting their play only when the jackpot reaches an astronomical level. you should have to produce (not feasable) a prior losing ticket to be able to continue to play in that current jackpot. the players who created the carryovers deserve to be the winners.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        20147 Posts
        Posted: November 21, 2012, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

my pet peeve is people who won't play unless the jackpot reaches 100 million or more. these same people would complain if they did win about people hounding them for money. isn't 20 million enough for anyone to keep them in twinkies. these people are limiting their chances by restricting their play only when the jackpot reaches an astronomical level. you should have to produce (not feasable) a prior losing ticket to be able to continue to play in that current jackpot. the players who created the carryovers deserve to be the winners.

Sounds like your pet peeve is yourself, when other players decide to play is their own business.  Just because they haven't contributed as much as you toward the jackpot build up shouldn't concern you even if they win.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning one * 

Evil Looking       

United States
          Member #111442
          May 25, 2011
          6323 Posts
          Posted: November 21, 2012, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like your pet peeve is yourself, when other players decide to play is their own business.  Just because they haven't contributed as much as you toward the jackpot build up shouldn't concern you even if they win.

Green laugh

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            20147 Posts
            Posted: November 21, 2012, 4:47 pm - IP Logged

I  hate when a person whispers there 10 daily 3 or 4 digets to the clerk... FILL OUT A SLIP...

Some places won't print a ticket that way, you either buy a quick-pick or fill out a play slip and if the play slip doesn't run, they'll ask you to fill out another one.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning one * 

Evil Looking       

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
              Texas
              United States
              Member #86154
              January 30, 2010
              1687 Posts
              Posted: November 21, 2012, 10:53 pm - IP Logged

faber98,

I tend to agree with you in several areas here...and for very good reasoning. A while back, I started a topic entitled "How Much Money To (Try) And Win". It's over in the Lottery Discussion and I recommend you have a look just to get a better idea of how people REALLY feel about trying to pick and choose the kind of money they feel they need to win to be happy. Warning: The $12 - $20 million minimum isn't near enough to play for....No Nod

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
                Bearflag Republic, Los Angeles Division
                United States
                Member #83350
                December 5, 2009
                1351 Posts
                Posted: November 22, 2012, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

1. The lower tier prize payouts for jackpot games.

2. When 666 wins on a Sunday or Christmas.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
                  upstate NY
                  United States
                  Member #108791
                  March 31, 2011
                  549 Posts
                  Posted: November 22, 2012, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

My pet peeves are:

• people who think it's their duty to out winners who prefer to remain anonymous
                  • people who have no problem with showing up on winners' doorsteps with their hands out

Sound familiar?

Patriot

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7611 Posts
                    Posted: November 23, 2012, 11:13 am - IP Logged

I Agree!

I only know of one time when there were enough tickets sold that almost guaranteed someone would win the jackpot and that was the record $640 million MM jackpot. And since there were almost 652 million tickets sold for that drawing, it almost justifies not playing until players think the jackpot will be won because the amount sold for that one drawing paid for the jackpot. With only about 16% of the drawing producing a jackpot winner, I can't see why every player should play in every drawing and why it's a pet peeve when they don't. Many states have both PB and MM plus their state Lotto games so there are plenty of jackpot games to choose from.

Some of my pet peeves are when non players call lottery players compulsive gamblers and $2 a drawing players call $10 and $20 a drawing players compulsive gamblers. If faver98's pet peeve was rectified, I guess mine would be too because all lottery players would be compulsive gamblers.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                      Zeta Reticuli Star System
                      United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10547 Posts
                      Posted: November 23, 2012, 7:00 pm - IP Logged

rowlettwheel,

One grocery store here got tired of that and has a sign at the service counter where lotto is:

If you are playing more than three numbers FILL OUT A SLIP.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                        Ringleader
                        Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #81740
                        October 28, 2009
                        53344 Posts
                        Posted: November 24, 2012, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

Another pet peeve, clerks talking on the cell phone.

Merry Christmas  Noel

New York,
                          Panama
                          Member #73078
                          April 4, 2009
                          3490 Posts
                          Posted: November 24, 2012, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, reading numbers off a ripped up piece of paper, I hate the ones that take as long as humanly possible, cause it's their turn and they have the right to make others wait.

I Agree!and then they sometimes look back at the long a/s line ...and attitude is like What??!!Disapprove

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

luckyshoes's avatar - nw lady.jpg
                            Impeach Now
                            United States
                            Member #79502
                            September 2, 2009
                            6579 Posts
                            Posted: November 24, 2012, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

Sully-thats the same thing I run into.   Geeeeesh 

Or the guy ahead of you who also bought a scratch off and proceeds to scratch it right there at the counter while the line to play is 10 deep and 10 minutes til cut-off?

Impeach Now

United States
                              Member #111442
                              May 25, 2011
                              6323 Posts
                              Posted: November 25, 2012, 8:19 am - IP Logged

Another pet peeve, clerks talking on the cell phone.

Anyone on their cell phone, while driving or babbling away while   Cussing Face  at work makes me want to: 

1. Grab their cell phone.

2. Hang up their caller

3. Toss phone into the nearest toilet or body of water.    Embarassed         Thinking of...